Alicesoft/Rance General #527
Last thread: 5D and VI announced Edition

FAQ: pastebin.com/SiHaMJ5v
Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/jumUkvv6
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.

Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536

Rance World Notes: mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Remember to use spoilertags when discussing and posting images of plot elements, especially those of untranslated Rance games. Ignore and report any blatant shitposting, including nameshit
Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

Upcoming

Rance 5D, Rance VI - Winter, possibly 2016.

Rance X - Announced

Just Released

Tsumamigui 3 Extra
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=2069021

Rance 01 OVA Episode 4
Raws
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=2057092
Subbed
mega.nz/#!vMdTEbzI!MPOvbZ0pKh669t2GKtEi-fqa8JMu-FfHAXBOVrKu9PY

Recent Releases

Beat Blades Haruka (ENG)
buy from Mangagamer if you want to buy
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=1949364
Physical Edition out 1th July 2016

Released Last Two Years (See FAQ for downloads and info)

January 2016 - Tsumamigui 3 (JAP)
January 2016 - Rance 01 OVA Episode 3 (JAP/ENG)
October 2015 - Blade Briders OVA (JAP)
August 2015 - Rance 03 (JAP)
June 2015 - Rance 01 OVA Episode 2 (JAP/ENG)
April 2015 - Evenicle (JAP)
January 2015 - Mamatoto (ENG)
December 2014 - Rance 01 OVA Episode 1 (JAP/ENG)
October 2014 - Blade Briders (JAP)
September 2014 - Kichikuou Rance (ENG)
April 2014 - Rance IX (JAP)

On permanent hiatus unless localised by Mangagamer.

Rance VI - 88.4% translated.

Rance Quest - 64% translated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ezUdk3w7ddk
youtube.com/watch?v=zjDW_92oljo&t=2m10s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hype.
youtube.com/watch?v=ezUdk3w7ddk

>took off 5D from the hiatus list but not 5D
Fuck. it's been so long I made a new thread I ended up fucking it up.

Is it going to be DRM-free?

Are you the user that also posted ?

>5D and 5D.
Obviously meant VI there, I'm drunk.
Nope.

All Mangagamer releases are DRM free. But really, every game that's released in this type of industry originally is. Then some decide to translate them and bind them to steam for some reason

Not 100% confirmation, but Good Haro from MG states that it shouldn't. Haruka didn't, so little reason to assume Rance would.

>All Mangagamer releases are DRM free.
They didn't used to be

Senhime? More like KUSOhime

Nice, Rance got a timely RPGsite shoutout.

Looks like some of the older posters are coming back for better or worse

千姫「カスゴミクズひめ」

Where?

Twitter. But they have 40k followers so it's not nothing.

>kasugo
>not kusoge

>Aru's new profile image
Aru you cheeky cunt.

It's Kasu, Gomi, Kuzu hime.

youtube.com/watch?v=zjDW_92oljo&t=2m10s

Well, staying up until 6:40 a.m. was worth it in the end, see you tomorrow

Aurora is too cute, it feels weird to have Arunaru's name next to her picture though.

Will Rance be the most sold Mangagamer title without counting the ones with all-ages version?

If properly marketed? Maybe

>Those covers

I wonder if newcomers are going to be under the impression that Rizna is the main heroine of the series now.

On another note, if you MG guys are still reading this, I would be willing to pay for a translation of Sengoku that was better than what we got. The fan translation is readable, but there are definitely some parts that were noticeably unpolished. If 5D + VI do decently, try and convince your bosses to sell Sengoku as well.

>I wonder if newcomers are going to be under the impression that Rizna is the main heroine of the series now.
That would be pretty funny.

Well, she is in 4 games in a row, an impressive achievement that only Sill, Kanami and arguably Shizuka can brag about.

>Rance 5D - The Lonely Girl
I'm legitimately disappointed they didn't leave the "DARKNESS HERO RANCE STORY Se.Five THE LORN GIRL IN TIMESTOP WORLD. THERE WORLD ARE CURSELAND."
It's honestly my favorite bit of Alicesoft engrish.

The plan worked?

>muh names

Yes it did, it did have a hiccup that it got their trips banished from the thread. They could still be posting anonymously

why are they kill?

Has anyone played Atlach-Nacha? I hear it's really good, super dark, and is mostly Yuri. Is it any good?

Its okay, I guess. Very old graphics, unvoiced, retarded system. Writing didn't strike me as brilliant as fanboys claimed, but still was fun to read. Had some nice plot twists.

Who is Abel?

Avel

Harumaki.

Now i'm feeling dumb

Made me smirk

Hardcopies when?

>Jesus christ what the fuck are you doing shitheads silky just walked in and beat the shit out of me
>Kayblis-sama all of the other guards are dead
>guard better
I hope kayblis doesn't change for Rance X

After they make people buy the digital version first. Protip: wait a few months after the initial release.

> hold off purchasing in hopes of hardcopy
> joke's on you, everyone decided to wait, title flopped, no hardcopy, no more rance translations

You won't fool me, MG shill.

Does anyone know how far MG ships?

I'll buy the digital version but assuming we'll eventually get a hard cory version I'd love to buy the hard copy version as well but I can' find any good information on where MG ships and from what I remember you don't need to give your shipping information on your account.

While that kinda happened with Cartagra and nearly with KnS2 (actually it did, the pity sales and people giving it up ironically pushed it high enough for a hardcopy). Rance is so big that I doubt the same will happen here.

Maria will never be forgiven, nor will anyone else.

They had one chance. The one chance was to release Rance first or at least within the same year.

The team will forever be hated, but MG releasing 5D has slightly redeemed them in my eyes, to be perfectly clear, them being MG, not the team of fuckwits that work for them.

Nippon actually works nicely for an alternate JAPAN name. Reminds me of the Far East of Eden games. It's gonna be a tough hurdle overcoming JAPAN as its name in my head though.
I hope to god that they avoid using honorifics. I can imagine that there was a huge debate between Aru and Maria on whether or not to use them.

I would be surprised if they don't. Given how they're already decided on nippon over JAPAN leads me to believe we'll be getting a very Japanese-y script. Actually surprised they translated Gele as Jill.

So all 5D and VI content is going under spoilers until future notice?

This is my favorite picture

Get your spoiler tags ready.

I think it's the polite thing to do, though any regular here probably knows the overall story by now.

Yes, tons of black boxes everywhere

So question lads, I recently heard about this whole kaikai update to Rance 02 but I can't seem to find out what actually happens/changes in it. Anyone able to fill me in a bit? So far all I've heard is it expands on why Rance doesn't fuck Tomato.

I spoiled so many goddamn anons about VI within the past few weeks that I actually started posting here in /haniho/
fuck

Its been out for years now why do we need to suddenly start spoilering

Shizuka offers herself as a slave to Rance if he helps her save her father

was Abert even mentioned in Sengoku?

Newfags.

Also people who may have played it but haven't been able to grasp most of the actual plot details (like me, I have no sodding clue what is happening in that scene besides Rance being Rance)

Most important bits you need to know is Shizuka agreeing to be Rance's slave if he helps her with her father. I think there's some other bits but the Shizuka bit is probably the only one you really need to remember.

If I remember right he essentially has to entertain them or they'll kill him on the spot like a person or two before him, thus Rance being Rance shows a unique, impressive display

Why is that important though? Like when does she offer him? Before or after he takes the ring?

I mean it's not going to ever be important unless they also changed Rance's sentiment that the past shouldn't be messed with and actually give him a means to do anything with it, so why is that an important bit?

Kamilla has the remaining living humans entertain her and Rance manages to keep her entertained for quite a while, he even gets a chuckle out of her

Isn't this inconsistent with Shizuka's behaviour in 03 though?

Considering Rance doesn't seem to take her up on her offer my guess is she just resents him for getting in her way.

No.
He is essentially the big bad of the 5D-VI duology, though. It's going to be good to see him getting more attention.

Not really. She still mostly hates him at this point.

Justification for why she's around him so much at a point where she really, REALLY does not like him.

Huh, never felt that really needed any more justification beyond the events of 02 kind of forcing her to be, hell it's Rance who ends up going after them when they end up fighting Ragiss with just the four witches.

I just don't see the context by which she would offer herself up, especially to someone like Rance whom she very understandably hates at that point in time.

And it also casts doubts on her actions in 03, why is she now suddenly no longer willing to give herself up for immediate personal gain anymore until he effectively coerces her to?

>The west will finally know the full greatness of
>Gandhi
>Urza
>Rizna
>Kamilla
>Copandon
>Annis
>Aurora
>Sieg
>Patton
>Rocky
>Abert
My god, the anticipation.

I'm somewhat interested in Copa since so far she just strikes me as an arbitrary Rance fangirl just because she drew a good fortune for him.

And doesn't Sieg get killed off like a complete tool?

>Abert
I'd have picked Alberto

anyone else think that 5D and VI should have taken one announcement slot?
both of them were virtually done probably by the time Haruka was released.
Is haruka good in any way?

>I just don't see the context by which she would offer herself up
It was her one chance to save her father and Rance was in a position to stop her.

Alberto is written in a completely different way

Haruka has a ton of nice CG but some of the worst gameplay I had the displeasure of enduring.

I literally got spoilered because of that fucking youtube thumbnail
when i was just searching for Battle 17 times
fuck youtube
I already knew Kamilla was the final boss of VI at this point

So it was before he took off the phil ring then? Gotcha, that makes a bit more sense.

Still not convinced this is important as it just sounds like some last desperate plea that was ultimately ignored, and I don't think it really adds anything to the situation or characters.

what makes it so bad? all i saw was that you raise stats by having sex like a fucking Kinsect

Sieg's funny. His role is somewhat limited since he shows up late (then again, so is Kamilla's despite what people may lead you to believe), but his complete nonthreateningness, mixed with his cute dynamic with his Apostle, make him entertaining as Hell. He's also a great boss fight.
His death is completely humiliating, but it's only because Rance cheats after Sieg completely owns a party with Rance, Gandhi, Patton, Magic, Urza, Alex, Rick and Shizuka in it.

>worst gameplay I had the displeasure of enduring
Looking forward to see your reaction when you play 5D.

It's not that important. It's just better justification for why Shizuka tolerates him.

But 5D's gameplay is actually fun

I thought it just showed her desperation in trying to save her father and knowing how Rance's mind work. Not any other reason.

Technically Abert, Annis and Francesca are the true final boss of VI. Kamilla's the villain of the invasion plot, but Abert is really the main antagonist of the game.

Lots of repetitive scenes, much of the gameplay is randomized rolls but manipulating the seed is cumbersome as fuck and not doing so can force you to replay needless amounts of times to get scenes.

There are several routes and you can either be a good guy or an asshole, but there's a bunch of arbitrary game-over triggers that just slow you down in getting scenes (if any girl gets raped an x amount of times you get a bad end) and the endgame hits a retarded difficulty spike that you have no real means of mitigating beside playing the entire thing again from the start.

Not to mention finally understand why Bird is the worst and why Alex is actually cool.

5D is a blast.
I avoided it like the plague for years because of how annoying I assumed the gameplay was but had a great time playing it when I finally did.
It helps that it's really goofy and that the soundtrack is amazing.

She still owes him because of it.

Oh I know, I already know, random dice-rolls are the bane of my existence.

But I will endure, if not for Rizna then for The last time we see Feliss before she gets mindbroken

>Francesca

How so? He actively does the opposite of what she asked him doesn't he?

You should of had a pretty good idea after 02, unless the TL version fucked that up or something.

But 5D is a short fun game?

Bird doesn't seem that bad in 02, he's a complete philanderer but when you compare him to other prominent male characters up to that point he really doesn't look all that bad.

Does this mean our secret edgy rape club is finally alive again?

>>>>Archfiend
>GL 99X "Jill"
>Rudrathumb

Bird is at his absolute shittiest in 5D. It goes beyond suggesting that he's not what he seems to be like in 02 and 4.X and confirms that he's a passive-aggressive pervert that's in denial about the fact that he's a scumbag.
He's like a less assertive Rance who isn't honest about who he is and what he wants. So basically Rance minus his two most admirable qualities.

>Edgy
Now, I've heard people call it a lot of different shit but edgy is probably one of the farthest off-base descriptors I've heard.

Isn't that what Galzooguy called us?

One translator literally called us that.

>One of the translators has such a loose understanding of the English language he doesn't even know what 'edgy' is

Oh boy...