Fuck your meme-mobiles

I'm a semi-pro Touring race car driver and this stupid piece of shit is literally the WORST choice you can make if you want to drive a sports car, or ever actually take your vehicle to the track. All of my racing compatriots agree with me on this.

Stop fucking trolling people here about this stupid BRZ/FRS meme. You can NOT make a worse choice in vehicles to own. I'll break it down for you:

>Slow as fuck stock.
>ZERO POTENTIAL as a tuning platform.
>NO REALLY. ZERO FUCKING POTENTIAL. Unless you plan on swapping in an LS engine, the stock engine is SHIT. If you turbo or supercharge it properly, you'll be lucky to get 15-25k miles out of the engine before it blows or fails catastrophically along with your clutch, transmission, and drivetrain components.
>To make this car respectably fast, you must massively upgrade: the engine, transmission, suspension, wheels, tires, and drivetrain. Might as well buy a new car.
>Dirt cheap shitty: seats, interior, stereo, wheels and tires.
>It doesn't handle well. Yes, I mean it. It only FEELS like it handles well. Because Prius tires and okay suspension.
>There are easily 10 better stock cares you can buy for the same money that will thrash this thing on the track.
>Almost $10k overpriced. This car should sell for $18,500. Nothing about this vehicle justifies the price. NOTHING.

Fuck you and fuck your memes. So sick of this shit. This place has turned into fagg/o/t central with /b/-tier circle-jerking and weak bantz.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h63qv9ScdXI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Semi-pro?

So you aren't good enough to be a Pro. Shows how much your opinion is worth desu.

555-Come-On-Now.jpeg

I'm a Full Pro touring race car driver and everything you said is false.

Funny that I see absolutely nothing about how it drives and every single point is pure parroting, Mr "semi-pro Touring race car driver".

>There are easily 10 better stock cares you can buy for the same money that will thrash this thing on the track.
>cares

I'm a LMP2 race car driver and everything you've said is true

OP is full of shit

I'm a Mega pro touring race car driver and this guy is correct

I started when I was too old, and I'm not from money. I've done VERY well considering both of those factors.

I'm dead serious here:

If you want to be a pro-racecar driver you need to generally have the following things going for you (they called it a gentlemen's sport for a reason):

>From a wealthy family
>Start karting at age 7-9
>Have a well-connected family with ties to the racing world or serious real-world powerful connections

There are literally 50 Ayton Senna's and Michael Schumachers who have the skill to race at that level who will never get a shot. There are simply too few spots and too many great race car drivers now.

>There are literally 50 Ayton Senna's and Michael Schumachers who have the skill to race at that level who will never get a shot.
and you aren't one of them :)

Nice job you stupid faggot. I made my case clearly and you come back with idiotic bullshit

if these are so crap OP then why does nz run the toyota 86 racing series? because they handle fine. just slow.

>Damage control
>I'm not from money

You're a poorfag who can't afford a GT86. So how can anyone take your opinion seriously?

kys summerfag.

So, what should you buy instead?
Mustang?
Camaro?
370Z?

A fucking Hyundai Genesis Coupe?

new one might be pretty fun though

>new camshaft, valves, cylinder head, intake manifold, exhaust manifold
>lower final drive

will probably be quicker out of the box and might have more tuning potential

It drives like shit. It only FEELS fast which is the problem because all of you beta nu-males can't into logic but into feelings like women.

Yes it is lightweight (sort of). Other than that it only feels like it handles decently because they put shitty wheels and Prius tires on it.

Replace the wheels and tires and you'll realize immediately it is a wobbly, underpowered, shitbox that will get LAUGHED off the circuit.

i know who you are fucktard! chris fuckin harris the WORST car reviewer to EVER hit you tube and now top gear...

Because Toyota has a lot of cash to pay shills. Moron

> For improved responsiveness, stability and comfort, BRZ receives updated coil springs and dampers as well as a larger rear stabilizer bar. Additional reinforcements to the chassis were added to the strut tower braces, transmission cross-member plate and the rear wheel housings to increase BRZ’s rigidity.

chassis and suspension improvements are made to the new model as well

>on swapping in an LS engine
except the LS engine a literal shit, you can build a 450whp FA for half the cost of an LS swap

Lmao 7k buys you Faster used sports car with a real chassis and engine. It's you who is so poor you can't save 10k in cash so you have to finance a 25k purchase LMAO

I agree with the OP.
Toyota made a mistake with this, they would have done better to go 100% minimalistic shitbox with bottom barrel cost to produce, use a random coupe chassis they have and just run a RWD driveshaft through it, then mate it to one of their vaguely sporty DOHC engines and then have a cheap lower trim with SOHC.

This shit with Subaru, and wasting money with a new chassis and style just flushed whatever potential the car had down the toilet.

The only people who got this are the people who are 100% despserate for RWD but are young enough to be poor as shit, IE they don't fully understand what RWD is and how it acts.
Why buy a Toyobaru at its current price? Why? Even if you wanted RWD and chased after it with all your autism, you'd be happier buying an older S2000 or 2016 Miata. So why does this exist?
It has backseats but those are worthless and the first thing people do is throw them out.
So why does it exist?
Ok, I got it.

If you, really just fucking NEED RWD BRO, but you're poor-middle class, but you want a brand new car, and you just fucking DESPISE CONVERTIBLES , the Toyobaru is for you. Congrats.

>Implying I own a GT86
>Implying I have to finance a car

You're in maximum damage control. Your 7K shitbox is not a racecar, and your not a professional driver.

Same engine. Zero potential. ZERO.

The amount of money you would spend to make that car even slightly decent puts you into the realm of buying a brand new, loaded, 2016 2SS Camaro, which would fucking DESTROY your modified BRZ/FRS/GT86.

There are guys literally spending Corvette/Shelby money to make their meme-mobile halfway decent. None of them EVER come even close to the performance of a Vette/Shelby etc.

It's basic fucking math guys. Le' Meme BRZ cost a solid $27-29k. For $5-7k more you can get an SS Camaro. Just the fucking turbo alone on a BRZ is going to cost you that. And you're still on fucking Prius tires.

Pic related: Some moron spend almost $70k on his riced out shitbox. He blew the stock engine twice and finally swapped in an LS.

>no one thinks his shit is cool either. They think he's a retard. Which he is.

>It doesn't handle well. Yes, I mean it. It only FEELS like it handles well.
This one gave you away, try less hard next time.

>I'm a semi-pro Touring race car driver

Stopped reading there. Your nothing.

What are you? What do you drive?

slower than a corvette

>that pic

Fan-fucking-tastic....And it will still lose a race to a fucking Camry.

So what is the point?

IF this car was $18.5 THEN I could recommend it if they managed to fix the engine and get the 0-60 somewhere around 5.5 seconds.

BRZ/FRS is an entry level, slow as fuck car that is 10k overpriced.

If you have to take a car and spend $25k on it to make it fast, then it ISN'T a good fucking platform! It's a stupid ass science project for economically illiterate retards.

kek, time to trigger toyoshit again.

Kill yourself senpai

Sure you can. Lots of people have done this. And they fucking BLOW UP after 15-25k miles.

Do you have ANY idea how much it costs to get Crawford Performance--arguably the best BRZ/FRS tuner--to put in and tune one of their turbos or superchargers? It's about 8-12k.

You could have bought an SS or a ton of other better options including the Focus RS.

>FYI Crawford Performance builds Ken Block's cars.

that doesnt even work user
if you fit that niche
then why not buy ecoboost mustang?

>camaro 2ss

shiggy diggy

>Semi-pro
It's like admitting you've only got a 3 inch penis. It's simply not good enough.

>What are you
I'm a fucking bird. What do you think?

>What do you drive
The Saturn Space rocket.

>Implying I'm the same guy
>Implying you didn't finance your slowshitbox
So are you stupid enough drop 25k on a slow as fuck shitbox lmao

>And they fucking BLOW UP after 15-25k miles.

[citation needed]

this.
BTFO!!!!

like was said in a previous post, there were improvements made to the engine and transmission.

I think it was slow in the first place because people were trying to accelerate right where the torque dip is.

If that's fixed and the gears are shorter it should be quite a bit quicker and -maybe- faster than a camry out of the box.

Whatever though, I'm looking to purchase a car at the end of this year and the subaru is only one of many choices for me.

>young enough to be poor as shit, IE they don't fully understand what RWD is and how it acts
>young
>poor
>fully understand what RWD is

Absolutely spot fucking on.

They should have put an entirely different engine in this vehicles...Literally a cast-iron inline six would have been good, and gutted all the niceties and infotainmment bullshit. Kept the price of the car at $19,500 and offered a turbo version fo $23,500.

THEN it would be a good tuning platform akin to the Supra.

But fucking Toyota had to get creative and give a fuck about gas mileage.

BTFO!!!

>THEN it would be a good tuning platform akin to the Supra.

lol, do you know how much a supra cost when it was new?

If you, really just fucking NEED RWD BRO, but you're poor-middle class, but you want a brand new car, you just fucking DESPISE CONVERTIBLES , and you fucking hate Ford so god damn much praise Nippon, the Toyobaru is for you. Congrats.

>they should've made it a Supra MKV not a modern AE86
To cater to your personal wishes and needs?

Fuck off, stancehunters

>yfw buying a slightly used one for 10k in 5-7 years
>yfw wagies took the depreciation hit for you

Can't-turn-stangs are like 3 times the price of BRZs where I'm from.

Why does the Toyobaru trigger so many people?

All this benchracing and e-peen swinging basically boils down to "stop liking what I don't like."

Why obsess so much over something you claim to hate in the first place?

You want to know how a car handles well? Track times troll-master.

The BRZ/FRS gets beat (badly) by literally everything including FWD Ford Focus ST's.

That means: IT DOESN'T handle well....

>Can't put down power
>Can't hold aggressive G-forces in turns (E.g. racing on a track)
>Shitty braking (Bad threshold braking)

Just because something FEELS fast, doesn't mean it is. Most of you are like fucking women on their periods. No ability to comprehend logic at all.

>FYI Everything who knows anything about cars is fucking laughing at you BRZ meme-masters and your stupid buying decisions.

>Pic related: how to waste money AND look like a retard.

>yfw in 5-7 years manually driven cars are banned and only electric self driving cars are allowed

Toyota thought they were making an AE86, but they actually made a stock USDM S13.
It's a complete piece of shit that only the hardcore of JDM want, but years down the line it will be a nippon steel RWD platform for pennies

see
toyoshitters are mad now

Stay mad fagg/o/t

This car needs a flat six instead of the 4 banger...

It is under powered for how much it costs. I don't think it's a bad car but it is terribly slow for how much it costs.

The only thing I consider this car good at is a RWD platform to build on in 15 years when they're 2 grand

>tfw none of these fags are Extra ProTourers

disgusting

He's a Semi-Pro.

He knows fuck all.

>it's not fast
>it's not fast
>it's not fast
>it's not fast
>If you want a car that feels god you're a woman.
Well fine then, I'd rather be a woman than an autist in a boring Honda Civic Type R setting lap time records.

I play a sad song for the foriegners, but at least you get cars Americans can only dream of. There has to be another RWD platform thats in a price range as FRS

You're point? You're comparing a car that costs $50k to one that costs $35k?

A lot of people will tell you that the Camaro delivers power better than the M2/M3/M4 and does so in a much more linear fashion that allows for far better control.

Now if you really want to compare apples to apples, let's take that 15k you saved buying the Camaro and supercharge that engine along with a few other upgrades....And watch it shit all over that overpriced Bavarian shitbox.

>living in a commie shithole

kek, toyoshitters are pissed off now.

youtube.com/watch?v=h63qv9ScdXI

>I'm going to counter your experienced critique by insulting some random, better car, I have never driven

>This car needs a flat six instead of the 4 banger...

they could easily use the turbo flat 4 from a wrx or sti

they don't because idiots buy their cars even if it's an underpowered shitbox

>tfw living in a 3rd world shithole and 4 out of 5 cars are manual here, and will be manual for at least another 100 years

lmaoing @ ur life

a 2SS isn't 30k jackass

~``--** HONDA - FOR THE GREAT ACHIEVEMENT VICTORY

>semi-pro touringrace car driver
You mean you went to an autocross this one time?

>Camaro delivers power better than the M2/M3/M4 and does so in a much more linear fashion
>still slower

KEK

MINOR improvements. You guys are missing a BIG point here..

That FA20 engine was the wrong choice for this vehicle. Which is why it's a shitty platform. Yes you can make a lot of power with it, the problem is it is very expensive and difficult to do, and furthermore the engines don't last when you do it.

AND you need to spend massive amounts of money upgrading literally everything else to put that power down starting with the wheels and Prius tires (lol).

>modifying your vehicle because gm is such shit
BTFO!!!!

>experienced critique
>it's not fast
>it's not fast
>if it's not fast it can't be a fun car
>did I mention it's not fast?
I don't care though, I'm not a racing driver trying to beat records, any other """"arguments""""?

Modern engineering and production advancements would allow for a strip-down inexpensive sports car with good handling characteristics and a powerful and tunable engine.

It's not 1999 anymore dipshit

>This car needs a flat six instead of the 4 banger...

it'd just be the 350z all over again then

BTFO!!!

No: to get back in the fucking game. Unless you have GTR money everything coming out of Japan for the last 10 years has been shit.

Ok, see there's a lot of people saying this engine is bad because it can't be boosted to V8 power numbers and last for 200,000 miles. I do wonder though, does it ever blow up from a good beating in stock form? It's designed to put out 200 hp... shouldn't expect it to make significantly more than that and last on stock internals. If it can take lots of full throttle, high rpm hoonery in stock form it's a good engine.

>those people who argue "the lack of power is a stylistic choice"
I like to call it a big fuck you with a massive price jack because of name.

>m-muh feels

But they wanted to make a relatively low weight, affordable car that has a low center of gravity and is fun to drive. They did exactly that. You don't have to buy it, why would you be bothered by it?

BTFO!!!!!!!

A light but strong chassis and a larger, tunable engine with strong internals costs more in materials and manufacturing processes you fucking retard

Yeah smart move there Warren Buffet...Buy one for 10k in 5-7 years after a 16-year old and a 22 year old previous owners flogged the shit out of it trying to keep up with their friends who were smart enough to buy a V6 Camaro for the same price.

Not to mention the interior will always have the smell of salty tears and disappointment which you won't be able to wash out.

>lets modify this brand new car
>instead of not buying ti new, investing my 30k in something for profit and then buy it later when they cost 10k

that guy is pretty dumb to be honest familia

I'm a semi-pro Touring race car driver and this stupid piece of shit is literally the WORST choice you can make if you want to drive a sports car, or ever actually take your vehicle to the track. All of my racing compatriots agree with me on this.

Stop fucking trolling people here about this stupid Corvette meme. You can NOT make a worse choice in vehicles to own. I'll break it down for you:

>Slow as fuck stock.
>ZERO POTENTIAL as a tuning platform.
>NO REALLY. ZERO FUCKING POTENTIAL. Unless you plan on swapping in an V6 GTR engine, the stock engine is SHIT. If you turbo or supercharge it properly, you'll be lucky to get 15-25k miles out of the engine before it blows or fails catastrophically along with your clutch, transmission, and drivetrain components.
>To make this car respectably fast, you must massively upgrade: the engine, transmission, suspension, wheels, tires, and drivetrain. Might as well buy a new car.
>Dirt cheap shitty: seats, interior, stereo, wheels and tires.
>It doesn't handle well. Yes, I mean it. It only FEELS like it handles well. Because American tires and Leaf Spring suspension.
>There are easily 10 better stock cars you can buy for the same money that will thrash this thing on the track.
>Almost $10k overpriced. This car should sell for $10 Nothing about this vehicle justifies the price. NOTHING.

Fuck you and fuck your memes. So sick of this shit. This place has turned into fagg/o/t central with /b/-tier circle-jerking and weak bantz.

>it's not fun
>it only feels like it's fun
>stop having fun driving a car that isn't actually fun

Okay, but you ugly

jokes on you faggot, i will strip the interior and put a brand new racing seat in it

also

>buying a GM product
>buying a v6 GM product
>smart

top kek

How's the stoplight racing scene treating you?

hes proving a point

yeah, the point that its dumb to modify a brand new car

hows the doing fucking nothing fucking spinning your fucking burning wheels

The only argument Toyobaru fans have is "handling" but it's not even the best in it's class or price range

>post yfw 300 hp minivans will wreck your shitty scion
You have to be incredibly stupid to buy an frs.

Because there is literally ZERO redeeming qualities about this vehicle. We talked to some of our friends who own serious tuning shops and figured that the cost to make a BRZ/FRS legitimatelly fast and on-par with cars like the M3/M2 it would need about $45 in upgrades, PLUS the cost of the vehicle. So $70 in all. Now if you want to make it pretty and get rid of the fart-in-a-can stereo you need another $15-20k.

>$90,000.00 for a BRZ/FRS that does what you rice-bros want and manages to get attention (all the wrong kind). You could get a brand new Porsche Cayman GT4 and maybe, JUST MAYBE, you could finally get a girlfriend (without a penis).

There's literally ZERO chance of you ever being a profession race driver either

yep. When the BRZ/FRS cost $5k in decent shape, and there is a decent crate engine for them for another $5k, then they'll be a decent 'platform'.

>he thinks the GT4 was sold at MSRP

get a load of this busrider, dealers were asking 200k for them lol

Fuck off with your prissy ass anime autistic shit

The only people shitting on the BRZ are the ones who don't have pic related on their continent.

the point is that its a massive sack of shit