What does Veeky Forums think of these?

What does Veeky Forums think of these?

They're much cheaper than the Supra/RX-7/GT-R where I live.

I know they're unreliable, but you can get a pristine low mileage one for like 15 grand.

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/5583779061.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5558235754.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5602651822.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

15 grand will get you a decent RX7

Do that instead.

It doesn't have as much boot space as the Bedford Rascal.

15g's? id pay like 8k max for a good one. it will break.

A pig to work on, and plenty of electronics gremlins to deal with. If you want one of these, set aside it's original value and have a backup car.

If you can manage it, it'll kill Skylines.

>15 grand will get you a decent RX7
I wish.

13.5k non-op: sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/5583779061.html
19.5k good condition: sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5558235754.html

Meanwhile:
sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5602651822.html

Friend of a friend had a nice 3000GT VR4. Spun it out after having it for a week doing 120mph & slammed into a light standard backwards. He died instantly. Good luck finding one with low miles.

Good looking, fairly nice grand tourer.

Biggest issue with them is price. You're talking about a twenty year old TT Mitsubishi. Something will inevitably go bad, and that something can quickly equal the car's value.

Its like buying an old Merc or Jag, you can do it but dont expect a financial win. If youre passionate about the car go for it, but just know you may well have more money into the car than its worth in a couple years.

>Something will inevitably go bad, and that something can quickly equal the car's value.
Are they worse than even the FD in this regard?

>VR4 - electronic nightmare with no room to work
>FD - relies on an engine that runs only in theory

>>FD - relies on an engine that runs only in theory
more like angry piston cuck tears and doritos.

If you're going to spend $15k on a FWD V6 shitbox for 15k why not get a RWD V8 LS1 c5 corvette instead?

I wouldn't say rotaries are completely unreliable, just high maintainence compared to piston engines and most people don't maintain them properly

OP is referring to the VR4 model which has AWD/4WS with active aero.

>FWD V6 shitbox
See The VR4 has 50/50 AWD and a 320hp twin turbo engine.

>f you can manage it, it'll kill Skylines
Kek no, these shitpile Mitsubishis weigh 3,800lbs

It ain't touching a GT-R

I really wonder why 3000GT's weigh so damn much... It's almost bewildering to me.

Twin turbo iron block v6 + awd + aws + active aero etc

All that adds a lot of weight, the vr4 weighs like 700 lbs more than the base model I believe

Found the benchracer.

>benchracer
Founded in real life experience

Pic directly related

its not benchracing to say a heavier and slower car will lose to a lighter, faster car.

More reliable than the RX7 less reliable than the Supra

>more reliable than the RX7
only if you believe the rotary r bad!! meme

oh baby

Stock FDs have very serious heat issues. The N/A rotaries on earlier RX-7s are much more reliable.

i believe a lot of enthusiasts have gotten it down to 3400 by removing a ton of useless shit like the all wheel steering, active aero

i'm actually pretty curious about vr4's, it has cool looks and has the performance to back it up... but I'm afraid it'll be terrible to drive (numb steering, crappy shifter, can feel all that weight)

kek its not a meme you douche rotaries are shit
Friend had one. All the reliability of a chrysler-era mitsubishi with electronics hell and a transmission made of glass. Eventually wound up selling it on a flatbed for 5k after spending far more than 15k for it. Don't do it. They are kinda cool but way too big and heavy. Sweet cruisers tho, but they make my BMWs look cheap and reliable

for 15k go for a corvette or s2k or fiesta st or e46 m3 depending on what you want

What about the base 3000GT? I can get a 1993 for about 3k

Take everything good about the VR4 away, leave everything bad

That's what you get with a base model 3000GT

front wheel drive and slow not worth it.

friend of mine just got one thats RHD freshly imported from japan for about 5k.. check out japan partner!

My first car was a 95 stealth R/T turbo and it was a blast to own. Unless you're gonna be at the track every day, you won't notice the weight. you'll still be able to have fun on the streets

Fuck off

People actually like the Missinpieces 3000GT's? Lmfao.

Not even FNF found them worthy, LOL!

>not even FNF found them worthy

except for the fact that paul walker had one in the turbo charged prelude for 2 fast 2 furious

>Not even FNF found them worthy
All that means is that it's cheaper to buy one now.

It's like 95% of a Supra for 25% of the cost.

> only runs in theory
> btfos piston engines in endurance racing

user pls