First time purchase

Hey Veeky Forums, looking at making my first purchase. I'm looking at the new Subaru Impreza as a nice start car. Can people give me some pros and cons of the brand in general? They have a 4cyl boxer engine that seems pretty legit. I heard bad shit about the CVT transmission, but I drive stick, would a CVT be in a standard car?

That image is the concept car. The release model looks nothing like that fyi.

Wut

buy a first gen impreza

Get something more reliable instead.

As an owner of a 2016 Impreza hatch, it's a reliable practical car. Great gas mileage and aesthetically pleasing. Don't expect any speed and the CVT can get boring on long drives.

it's a piece of shit with the cvt.

quit being a fagit. this isn't going to be a meme.

Unfortunately

get the wrx

That concept looks pretty damn good.

Secondly, while the WRX has a good reputation for reliability, the biggest knock against it and most other Subaru's is that you end up with a lot of squeeks and rattles due to not so great engineering. Their cars keep going, but they're going to annoy this shit out of you with the ghosts in the machine.

I appreciate everyones input, there are complaints going around the web that the engine is anoying to listen to, but i have a civic that has shitty bearing, makes it sound loud for no reason, so i dont care.

>I drive stick, would a CVT be in a standard car?

Dude I ask because I dont know

>would a CVT be in a standard car?
>base model?

the cvt is an option so no.

But the way dealers stock cvt more often than manual will make you think otherwise.

Ive been to the dealership and driven a manual one of these. I had a blast. Im not looking for super strong, but its incredibly convenient.

Bought a 2016 WRX last year as my first car. Very satisfied with the purchase. Car looks good, drives nice, and does well in the winter. The stick is also very fun, although I'm sure that doesn't vary much among new car purchases.

My second choice was the Golf GTI, followed by the Ford Focus ST. I went with the Subaru because I just had the best time on the test drive. Also the subaru dealer near me had the trim I wanted, while VW couldn't get it together and Ford's asking price was insulting... and also it had a lot of torque steer.

How old are you
Do you still live at home

Just ordered a 2017 WRX Limited, should be here in a few weeks. I had the Focus as my 2nd choice, but hated that the recaros were required on the highest trim level. Glad you like the car, none of the dealerships in my area had a 2016 WRX, so the only test drive I got was taking my buddies 2016 around the block.

Subaru is shit rust teir. Mpgs suck. Boxers suck. It's a crap engine that's only advantage is a slightly lower cg. Fanbois think it's the best fucking thing ever though.

What do you want from the car and what drew you to subie? Also budget? Lots of other good cars in that price range unless you've got some bias against them/pro subie.

Why do I always here yay mpg from subie owners? Mpgs are meh to shit on every model. Literally not one exceptional fuel sipper to the badge. Are you all just brainwashed zombies? Mpgs aren't subjective either it's an objective number and it's low on all their cars. I bet you guys don't even truly.know what yer mpgs are. Just seems like you go a long way and fill is cheap cause small tank so you jus parrot mpg mpg....

BRZ?

>implying the wrx isn't the best performing new car you can buy in its price bracket

Cvt is a Shitty automatic transmission that basically is driven by belts and witchcraft.

>do not want