Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Meta edition

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2016/07/28/monster-hunter-generations-2016-tour-kicks-off-in-toronto-on-aug-6th
reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/4wkxg3/reporting_in_from_the_toronto_stop_of_the_capcom/
siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/
amd.com/en-us/press-releases/Pages/amd-radeon-to-2016jan12.aspx
gamefaqs.com/boards/163462-monster-hunter-generations/73765989
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

WHERE'S MY FUCKING DIVA, CAPCOM?!

>inb4 Muslims gunning down MH nerds in Chicago

shit op

Best Monster
Best Music

how do you unlock "advanced: fungus fetchin'"? it's the last quest i need to be done with village once and for all

whats the best 1-3 slot GS?
regios, or is there better?

Why do they hate fun so much?

Tanzia Sweetheart questline IIRC

>capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2016/07/28/monster-hunter-generations-2016-tour-kicks-off-in-toronto-on-aug-6th
>Age 21+
fug

What are you on about?

ignore /pol/
ISIS is clearly busy blowing up Muslim countries

Please vacate the head area immediately
We thank you for your cooperation

>be HR 7
>make a clownsuit for Akantor HH
>get to the decorations
>need tenderizer jwl 3, look up mats
>it's from akantor
>find out where to fight akantor
>unlocked HR 60
I may or may not have gone at this earlier than I should have.

reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/4wkxg3/reporting_in_from_the_toronto_stop_of_the_capcom/
"For the event itself, there were specific "quests" for everyone to do. When you completed each quest, you showed your guild card to one of the organizers to prove it, and he punched a quest card on your lanyard card, and gave you a raffle ticket for prizing later. If you completed all of the quests, you also got the "urgent quest" raffle ticket, which was a bigger prize.

There was also a time attack leaderboard. Capcom chose a 2 player arena quest, and whomever got the best times was put onto the leaderboard. Top 3 times got the same tshirts that the Capcom folks were wearing, and 1st place also got their choice of fated four plushies. The best time ended up being 2:50.

They had quite a few prizes to raffle off, fated four plushies, the aforementioned tshirts, and then the larger urgent prize, as well as a really awesome surprise prize at the end."

SnS bros can usually share the head, as long as they're opposite to the hammer

The stun builds up quick if the head is shared effectively (pretty easy on something like Rathalos)

siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/
>In addition to the popular franchise’s upcoming 3DS RPG Monster Hunter Stories, Capcom has plans for a new Monster Hunter title and more according to their financial results briefing for the year ended March 31, 2016.
>Keep in mind that two million units isn’t exactly the number Capcom would expect from a main entry Monster Hunter title, but we’ll likely hear about a new spinoff title for the series [for console] in addition to Monster Hunter Stories, based on what was mentioned in the financial results briefing.

I want to BE a felyne!

So, does artillery expert boost cannon and triblast ammo as well, or just crag?

>making a set for the akantor hh
>when you don't have access to akantor in the first place
?????????

Post rooms

bunch of riots after cops shot a dindu who pointed a gun at them

A quick question regarding gunning and skills.
How much does True Shot Up add, damage-wise? Is it just a raw boost or does it also boost the element on internal ammo?

I didn't know.
I was looking through hammers and came across it, it looked great, so I was gonna build a set for it.
At that time however I did not know it was an unlocked HR enemy.

So I can't can't get evade extender on dreadking but I can throw normal up on silverwind for HBG. Is striker with evasion+2 as good or better than adept? I'd hate to have wasted points there.

I want to FUCK a felyne kirin slut

So is it only certain things I won't be able to participate in because I'm not 21 or is it just at at location that prevents me from going tomorrow at all?

MHG
59-6357-0008-9016 1 Slot

thanks

Yeah, my favorite.

20% increase.
It also works on Elemental rounds.

>All that natural light
Ew

The venue itself is a bar, so they likely won't let you in the door.

well shit, that's disappointing

That's pretty significant, damn.
I'm feeling like a retard for asking, but I just want to know for sure, even though I know the answer will be "no, you dumbass".
Pierce Up does nothing for the elemental Pierce shots, right?

Well it depends, the one in chicago (I think that's the one you're talking about anyway) is like an arcade too. I'm a bouncer and we can let in minors until 10-11 because we have pool tables and darts.
Would definitely call ahead.

AMD puts in TressFX for MHO
amd.com/en-us/press-releases/Pages/amd-radeon-to-2016jan12.aspx

The new USJ armor is sexist.
gamefaqs.com/boards/163462-monster-hunter-generations/73765989

>Missing Amatsumagatsuchi
HOW?!

no, you dumbass

FUCK OFF UNDERAGE FAGGOT

It happens when you're down here, and his hitboxes are up there, are the diagram suggests.

Can anyone else search using barrage earring in ASS? My client doesn't seem to have it as an option in advanced search. Do I just need to update?

Thanks for the input, user.
Have a nice day.

Narcacuga's entire gimmick is being a fast and agile ninja, right?

So why is it slow, stationary most of the time, super telegraphed, and all that while Plessy and the Dromes do their nontelegraphed instant damage shit?

Did you check "allow arena armors" in the menu?

But fourbabbies like all that...

under 21=/=under 18

Ah, thanks.

>not being at least 21
i want babies to leave my board, no wonder this general is so shit

What's the duration of the event? Might just go for a few hours

>while Plessy and the Dromes do their nontelegraphed instant damage shit?
because plessy and dromes are gen 2 monsters retard, gen 2 is all about nontelegraphed instant damage because this was the only way to emulate difficulty with how slow and dumb everything was

Is Bow really shit early game? Most people say it doesn't become viable until Teostra Bow is unlocked, but I want to solo the game with it

>walked all over Plessy in FU, where he could two shot you in low rank, fuck off in the water all day, and had (extra) broken hitboxes
>get walked all over by Plessy in X, where he takes twice as long to kill you, doesn't fuck off in the water all day, and only has moderately broken hitboxes

What happened? Did Plessy secretly grow stronger or did X's otherwise piss easy most-of-the-game turn me into a baby?

12-6 apparently, im definitely going for a couple hours since its only a train ride and a short walk for me

Narga is also 2nd gen.

FU Plessy could very easily be baited into certain attacks (like a lot of FU monsters). If you were a certain distance away from it, it would always use the water beam, allowing for easy gunning. Well, even easier.

>Drome all get into Generations (Except bestdrome)
>Vastly superior Great -ggis get left behind
WHY

It's fine. You don't really even need to use coatings for all of LR.

Does moxie just not fucking work anymore? I'm dying from 75% hp as gunner from attacks without moxie proccing.

Just spam aerial GS when in doubt.

This
Why even have Jaggis and Jaggia without their Greater counterpart

Fireblight or poison?

Considering it ends before 9pm I might go for the duration of it, I just have to talk a friend into going up with me to get a ride there.

Do any of you guys go back to older games in the series. I just played Tri and it makes me miss the online there.

>dromes in favour of jaggis
>khezu in favour of gigginox
>put in seltas instead of nerscylla
>no barroth
>no barioth
>no gog
>no miralis
>fucking fish assholes were allowed back, even frontier abomination
>garuga, rajang and other assorted cancer are still there
I want to beat the ones in charge of gen 4 roster. At least gen got back leviathans and amatsu and removed gravios, i think i will ignore any future game with gen 2 monsters and no leviathans

>or did X's otherwise piss easy most-of-the-game turn me into a baby?
user you haven't been playing adept again, have you?

I will never be okay with this, it hurts too much.

Just let the Dromes die.
Does anyone even like them?

I haven't touched adept in fear of becoming an adept shitter.

Really glad they brought Amatsu back at least

My friend and i are doing the line of quests to get the toka armor, at the hyper zinogre. Anyone wanna join?
03-9729-2394-1476

Neither. I've been running moxie forever on gunners back in 4U to know when I'm being DoT'd off my moxie. It's just straight up high damage killing me without moxie going off. I don't know why. I can see it activated on my status so what the fuck.

>until Teostra Bow is unlocked
Teo isn't good either until the end of HR, when you can have a rematch with bonesquid for the 3rd upgrade.
There's quite a few choices during early-mid game, so you're fine, as long as you can use a bow properly.

Anyone want to carry me through early level online missions? I've played multiple MH games, so I don't suck, I just dont want this to take a very long time.

>Anyone want to carry me

1 slut for turns, on dreadqueen x
you know what to look for

Just come in with high level gear so these hunts take

>Please carry me!
Sure thing, but only if we clear all the tedious low rank missions as well.

I just reached High rank, Whats up with Bone zone squid? Is the quest quick because its just repelling?

I solo'd village and LR hub with bow. It's fine.

How much Recoil Down do you need for the Lost Musket?

Well if anyone is willing to lend a hand
61-5813-2028-4967
password 7243

+1 doesnt work?

Youre recoiling anyways, just set yourself up before firing

3, and Silencer

The gun needs Min Recoil to shoot cannon shots and clusts.

+3 AND the silencer.

generations btw

>i don't want to play the game
then fuck off scrub

>Playing Portable 3rd on PPSSPP
>Dat high def glory without the animu attacks from 4th gen

Why was series 3 the best?

>Silverfish quest with cat
>suddenly my bait turns into a frog
>Plesioth is here
>don't have dung bombs and the bait is always a frog as long as fishe is there
I'm not really okay with this.

because it is

Thanks again for helping me complete the Snowbaron grind.
>tfw i ground 9 so i don't have to suffer through 7 again

What happens during HR pub? Do the inflated health values fuck over solo Bow users?

4th gen desperately want to appeal to a new younger audience with flash and flair.

no
but bow is still inferior to hbg and always will be unless they break it somehow

>hr 7 urgent
>bone squid is back
oka-
>14k hp
w-why

>another GS scrub who thinks enlarging his greatsword is the epitome of gameplay
arts and styles is the best thing which happened to this series

Be strong, user!
I soloed it with HH, arguably the weapon class with the shittiest DPS.
If I can do it, so can you!
granted, i finished it with less than a minute left on the timer

Because the tentacles take 63% cutting and impact?
Done several squiddies, in a full group it never took over 10 minutes.

I mean, I'm looking through all this stuff from the 4th series. Styles? Arts? This glaive thing has like 100 different attacks. Charge Blade looks interesting, but it feels like they just took the SnS and gave it Switchaxe's mechanics. The game was perfect already, but now it seems like you can basically alter your weapon to be something it was never meant to be. Greatswords are supposed to be slow and clunky. That's their deal. But this style... Why the fuck did they give the GS mobility? I don't want mobility, I want to time my attack perfectly so by the time the monster's head gets in front of me I've thrown my lvl 3 charge down.

Even the Swaxe was sedated enough to remain "classical". Weapons already had different mods. Demonize, Sword-mode, whatever Longswords do.

:(