Future classics under $25k

post them, debate them, mock them

not a future "classic" per se but prices are low for the time being. The e46 m3/e39 m5/gen 1 NSX ship has already sailed.

Glad I got one of these!!!

e46 m3 are under $15k

1M
M3 GTS
S2000

i don't think the used 1M ever dipped below MRSP lel

Ehh I feel like if you buy one sub 15 you're putting like 5 grand into it the first year

Instant Classic

Yeah, in tires. Only morons spout about "bmw reliability, bmw maintenance". 90% of people on this board that own an e46 and do the work themselves will tell you that the whole money pit myth is just that, a myth. Keep leaving more on CL for the rest of us though

>people on this board that own an e46 and do the work themselves
So 0 people that is

100% in that case including myself

I like z4ms but that engine is just not reliable and that's one big reason it'll never be a classic

Any answer besides Twingo is instantly wrong and should consider suicide.

>bmw isnt reliable
cool dadvice bro

>im an entry tech so im the only one who can work on cars
you're retarded dude

Instant classic

No, some BMWs can be reliable the s54 isn't. Fries coils regularly, can lead to spun bearings by a factory defect, doesn't like to be pushed hard even though it has an 8k redline, bad cooling from the factory (typical BMW), lastly does not take well to upgrades in respect to reliability. So yeah, it's a warranty car.

protip: no one is going to collect modern cars and 99.9% of vehicles on the road today will just be outdated shitboxes like the 80s and 90s.

>can lead to spun bearings by a factory defect
not true. that was a defect in early model cars and was warrantied.
>doesn't like to be pushed hard even though it has an 8k redline
lol.
>bad cooling from the factory (typical BMW)
typical high mileage system refresh perhaps car is very adequately cooled
>lastly does not take well to upgrades in respect to reliability.
disagree, even S/C people are fine. it is an expensive race engine and you pay to play poorboy
I own one of these (not my pic but same car) and I'm not sure if they will become a future classic much more than the S54 Z3M. The coupes however already are. Me, I just like the open air above me.

I just said it was a warranty car

No, you spewed a bunch of bullshit you read off the internet to try to sound like you know what you are saying. None of us are falling for it.
>warranty car
as I said, pay to play poor boy. as long as the engine doesn't catastrophically fail its not unreasonable for what you get. actual engine failure below 140k even when tracked hard is near unheard of.

Technically an instant classic, but will post regardless.

Okay no need to get defensive that the s54 is not as reliable as you'd like it to be, I don't care about your anecdotal ownership, statistics is against you in this sorry bud.

>Poor boy
Hahaha sweet argument bro, have fun with those spun bearings

>statistics is against you in this sorry bud
If you had have a clue what you were talking about you'd actually choose real faults with the car (coils is the only thing you said that wasn't horseshit)
>have fun with those spun bearings
Like I said you are speaking out your ass. The car doesn't spin bearing anymore than other cars that are raced this hard. Keep spewing the memes tho the early cars were all warrantied poorboy

Volvo C30's

None. All the good cars are already built and already appreciating.

>No real rebuttal
>P-P-POOE BOY

>muh statistics
anyone who says S54s spin bearings has learned his car knowledge from Veeky Forums. thats all I got to say
>coils
>vanos
>cam bolts
those are real issues. spun bearings are not except on race cars sweetie, and that is just what happens to all race cars regardless of engine. like I said, pay to play

Now how bout you post some future classics and stop shitting up the thread with your terrible S54 misinformation? if you have nothing factual to say, just say nothing at all ya know?

got more pictures of that light sepang beauty?

Agreed, when shopping for cars I drove a few of these before settling on the Z4M. Both are the best in class imo, albeit different.
>pic related already a classic
damn thing is still selling for MSRP with 50k miles.

It really will be. I should pick one up while I can still get my hands on one that's not beat to shit. So many salvage title ones already.

People kinda aren't even aware these exist.

I'm gonna trade my car in for one plus cash when I get the chance

fuck these are nice

I think there's a slight elegance to these in coupe form.

They are pretty nice. I'd def give a Z4M roadster a test drive before deciding. The engines are pretty similar in character, just not in displacement. I was really bugged by the shitty soft top design of the S2k, they all rip. Not if, but when. Really my only complaint besides the cheesy stereo cover.
>Ideal world I'd own both ofc.

I love these. Have thought about getting one as a daily. Would be perfect for me needs and looks great. I'm partial to the pre-facelift front. Also the waterfall dashboard is cool as hell from a design perspective.

It's too bad the front fascia looks like shit

I'm quite partial to the Z4 coupe of that generation. I'll have to drive them. I'm sure I'll love it, but I'm kind of worried they'll just cost too much for maintenance. I drive an Acura right now, so I'm spoiled with reliability.

It'll be classic in three years
I found it for $2,300.
It's only got 217,000 miles on it

Simple lip transforms the front, like a lot of more modern cars looks much better in person, pic related, mstache 2, a whopping $250 shipped I think?
I'm saving to buy a Z4M Coupe to go with my Z4M Roadster. Maintenance isn't too crazy considering you are buying a 20-30k factory ready "race car." They are pretty fucking hard (even moreso than an S2k) but I certainly wouldn't suggest buying one or any M car if you are short on cash flow. Labor of love, but besides a bad battery mine has been fine. If you actually want a 3.0si coupe i wouldn't worry about shit that engine is quite reliable.

Just consider BMW parts cost 2x Acura and you'll be fine. Labor is the same rate (be it at a shop or your own time).

oh and FCABs/RCABs but those were a 'normal' price. I replaced front brakes and those were pricey rotors at ~$180/ea but they are 13" vented M3 CSL rotors so ya know, pay to play. Pads were like $50. A car this capable isn't free to drive or maintain, like any sports car, as long as you know that you'll be fine. Regardless imo its worth it, but it isn't free to DD real sports cars. Be it a vette, M, or what not.

manual? one of those used to come through the car wash i worked at as a kid, thought it was coolest DD ever

I wasn't referring to the reliability myth at all. If you're buying an e46 for under 15k then it PROBABLY has had a pretty rough life so have fun replacing parts

03 cobra is the best bet imo

started the "supercharge everything" trend

also can't go wrong with an AP1

Or high mileage/SMG tranny. You can't get a dece S54 in that price range except maybe in Cali on a good day
>200k+
been collectible for a while m8

>been collectible for a while m8
The BMW Z8 is such an instant classic that it has never deprecated in value.

I'm the biggest BMW sack rider, and I even remember these things in the dealership, and they just didn't do it for me. I understand "why" they command so much now but it just seems silly unless you are a fellow BMW collector. I mean they were expensive as fuck 15 years ago but they are crazy valuable now. Their interior is shit too. But ya know, collector car. If money was no object sure, but there are probably a half dozen bimmers I'd fill my garage with first. Hell at 200k you may as well consider an M1.

In the wise words of Jay Leno "If you buy what you like then it doesn't matter if the price goes up or down, if it goes up, great, if it goes down then you still have something you like"

That's common cents you idiot

That and these.
Any of the "Last of the Breed" 4th gen TAs.

Look at jays garage,
i think he never ever sold his cars. Just keep buying.

>Z8
>posts pic of a Z4

>pic has to be related to the comment and not to the OP
is this your first day here? do i need to say "pic unrelated?"
>captcha choose all the busses
irony

Or you could just not get a BMW and inherently not have to
>pay to play

How is the Z4M for mountain rides and fun controlled toogays? My credit default gets cleared in July and I'm looking at a Z4M hardtop or a 2011 ISF. ISF goes sideways very nicely but I haven't driven the ZM yet.

>Or you could just not get a BMW and inherently not have to
>pay to play
Yeah but I roll around everyday with a race car engine powering me around through a near prefect chassis. Obviously half the cost of my car is the powertrain. Pay to play poorfag. If I wanted to drive a poormobile...get this...I would. Pass.
Very different experience. Z4M is far better handling wise but the ISF is a far faster GT car. Huge difference. 3700+ vs 3200 or less is huge.

Race car engines are unreliable and often include rebuilds, except you don't have race car power because I make that in my g35 with more torque

No queerbait the S54 produces far more power than your G45 engine you delusional fuck. Torque doesn't matter. Remind me again of your horsepower and 0-60/quarter mile time in your 2+2 nissan coupe?

A race car engine not stressed is...get this...pretty fucking sweet. But they aren't meant for poorfags like you. your loss, not mine.

Kek, g35? No one cares about a car with a 6sec 0-60. Piss off poorfag.

Back to future classics maybe?

>Becoming physically upset for no good reason

I/h/e and a tune car clears 300whp which is roughly 350-60hp all for less than z4m.

My g does it in 4.5, a stock g does it in 5.5-6 lol so eat shit SUV fag

>BMW fag
>Torque doesn't matter
Get a load of this idiot

My escalade has a 0-60 of 4.5sec too. I assume we have the same sauce?
Only horsepower does. You are driving a car not a fucking diesel generator.

0-60 in kilometers maybe
>Torque doesn't matter
>Look everybody he said it again

ur nissan is slow?
my car isnt a shitbox?
idk what you want from me?

>4.5 to 60
>slow
Choose one buyers remorse

trying to get a ws6 before they skyrocket in price. everyone already asks way too much for them. i dont give a fuck about resale value, its gonna be pulling wheelies at the strip when im done with it.

Si BOYZ STAND THE FUCK UP

Are you me? Twin turbo baybie. Soon as I find a cleanish one for an okay price. Keep hopping to find a blown motor one....

>ur nissan
>4.5sec 0-62 poverty units

If you were actually rich and didnt care about all that reliability shit, why do you own an E46? Why not a newer M3 or...get this... not a fucking BMW you fucking poorfag. Buy a Lamborghini or something that actually shows your wealth, since you apparently like driving with racecar engines and showing off how you arent a "poorboy". But then again youre arguing for a car that is supposedly under 25k so I guess youre not actuall that rich.

One of my neighbors has the BMW Miata. The blaze orange one with fancy orange piping on all the trim. Looks super gay in person, like it was designed overtly to be a female friendly BMW.

I get that its small, sporty, I assume they're light weight too, but I don't see this ever becoming a classic. Way too gay. Maybe it'll develop a small cult following like the Miata did, but people IRL laugh at Miatafags. No one in their right minds calls those a classic either.

kek. thanks for the laugh user.

>Piercing chest pain
>T-thanks

>tfw nobody cares about the German Supra and prices will stay low

Particularly the Cup model. The last and best 2.0 NA Clio. They're already going up in value