/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

No crutches allowed edition
Previous Thread:
blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-operation-skull-rain-recruits-brazils-bope-operators/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/index.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=JAwgzzN6RfQ

Livestream demo
youtube.com/watch?v=n01smDYjg9E
youtube.com/watch?v=MvvD9nkzsns

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO

>Teamspeak for Veeky Forums operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations

>Official news
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/index.aspx

rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/dustline.aspx

blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

>Developer AMA Recap
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1349361-Developer-AMA-Recap

>Maps and drawing tools for all available gamemodes
r6maps.com/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/whiteboard/landing.aspx

>Weapons and Armor damage comparisons
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

>Known Issues:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

>Basics of CQB Pastebin
pastebin.com/ECbQGdVk

>Steam group player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nB6S5xtZFuAlnX24VG6IVvOYnI18oOlV2W0SPM3OjaE/edit?pli=1#gid=375665432

>Console group
PS4: Add dazint8 or Omegaplaya and join the /r6g/ community that way
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI (the 'I' are capital 'i's)

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current windows, all maps, all modes.
legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

>WIP /r6g/ guide for crosshair overlays, tactics etc
hnng.moe/7Ik

>Just wanted to be spoonfed how to do it
>MFW it worked
See you in ranked

>merely pretending
see you in bronze

Bro that's cool, but it's 24/7 roaming right now where as at launch it was a good split.

In fact roaming was even more effective pre Black Ice since much of the time the entire team WOULD be in the objective room. People would actually go INSIDE the building to breach multiple angles, which game roamers juicy targets.

Nowadays you just see people breaching the outside access point 9 out of 10 times because fuck exposing yourself to 5x Nitros in Roam City. Why the fuck would I go inside when around any corner there could be an auto shotty waiting for me?

If you're killed by Pulse, you're objectively shit for doing one of the following

>Failing to hear his sensor
>Failing to hear his movement
>Creeping slowly near penetrable walls/barricades

Don't be dumb and you won't get rekt

If you're killed by [Operator], you're objectively shit for doing one of the following

>Failing to [account for Operator Gadget]
>Creeping slowly near [a place Operator is likely to be near]

Can you hear his sensor? I've killed him before but I've never heard it. What sound does it make? Is it the same as "scans"?

If you're killed by Blackbeard, you're objectively shit for doing one of the following

>Failing to flank him
>Creeping slowly near windows, doorways, hallways or anywhere with cover

You can definitely hear his scanner being taken out and put away

Whoa we got a pro Siege player here. Who NEVER gets killed by Pulse

>Holding an angle
>Memebeard rounds the corner

>Holding a window
>It breaks open and Memebeard pops out

I seriously can't wait for him to get nerfed.

A good Pulse will wait for you to move, and/or do something like switch weapon and then put down his sensor, so it masks the sound of him.

Anybody willing to play with someone thats pretty bad this game ?

>a good pulse

I'm a pretty good microwaveable meal maker myself

>Reinstalled Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for a replay
>Ended up making Siege operators instead

>haha he's strong right now so there cant be good players!!

Literally you right now.

Nice. I love the attention to detail on weapon attachments. I did the same for Xcom 2, as futile as it was.

>Hurr durr everyone must be as retarded as us durr

Let me fix that for you.

If you're killed by Blackbeard, you're objectively shit for doing one of the following
>Sitting in plain view of a window or shield
>Blindly sprayed a breach
>Peeked the attackers like a retard
Essentially all the reasons you can get killed by Glaz, the only difference is you think you're faster on the draw than the attackers so when BB puts you in the dirt you cry like a bitch.
Wait until he comes into the room that you're supposed to be, you know, defending?

>Holding an angle
>Exposed and blind to what may be coming
Don't fucking do this. Stop assuming you're going to be a faster shot than them.
>Holding a window as a defender
For what fucking purpose? They have to come IN the window to be of any use, and you can shoot him in the side of the head.

The complaints against pulse are completely t. copper trash, but the complaints against Blackbeard are by shit roamers who have gotten away scott free running around like a nuisance and are now crying that their "sit in a random hallway" tactic suddenly isn't working.

You bet your ass I would've slapped ACOGs on most of those SMGs too if it would've let me.

This game was a steal at 16-17 $

And its also helped by Vegas being a game that has alot of actual operator equipment. Can't do everything though.
For example you can't make a single SAS operator because theres no Gas Masks and you can't make Spetsnaz either because of how their camo is placed on their uniforms is something you can't achieve in Vegas.
And then theres some outliers like IQ who you can't do because her Jeans are too tight.

Can you sprint with Caviars silent step and still be silent?

Post your uplay name so we can all make fun of you. I bet you even think the mac-11 is fine where it is

>Even when recreated Jager and Bandit have little differences.

You can still be heard even if you silent step and walk normally, it's just very muffled and muted.

You can be heard if nothing goes on but if the enemy is distracted from gunfire from teammates it works pretty well

Ash, Frost, Twitch, Castle, and Jager are probably the most accurate ones.

Great counter-argument, how will I ever recover?

Seriously, tell me how I'm wrong or admit you're shit. I almost exclusively play the obj room and not once have I had an issue with Blackbeard, I shoot him in the temple regularly.

Player who think they're a hot quick-shot have been getting away with dumb shit like peeking killholes and prefiring windows since release, now there's finally an attacker who proves these are BAD IDEAS, but do you adjust and go back to being a patient defender?
NAH FUCK THAT
LETS KEEP STICKING OUR NECKS OUT THERE FOR DEM SWEET HEADSHOTS

Fucking morons. I hope they make his shield bigger.

You're the one defending yourself against half the thread. If you have to defend yourself from everyone then you're probably the one that's wrong.

>Main Smoke
>Used to slowroaming, making killholes with my shotty and peeking them with my smg
>Suddenly Blackbeard
>All my killholes are now deathtraps
>Sodium intake increases to unsafe levels
>Eventually stop trying to peek with my ACOG all together
>Now I sit just outside objective room throwing smoke grenades
>Get to blast Niggerbeard in the chest with the M590A1 all day
>Suddenly comfy

You're a toxic shitposter, but you're not completely wrong
I miss peeksniping

>Implying majority opinion is correct
89% of the community is sub platinum, which you would have to be to consider Blackbeard anything other than a roam deterrent and eventually free kill.

Git. Gud.

>Stop assuming you're going to be a faster shot than them
But I AM a faster shot, that's the problem. Every killcam shows my bullet banging the middle of his shield. How is that fair.

enjoy being called out on being wrong felix

That wasn't me posting btw.

Post rank with proof

Who do I get? Am missing all the 25k + jäger, the french shield guy and castle.

holy shit that pulse

Jager and Blackbeard. Don't waste your renown on Castle or Memetogne, buy some shitty skin instead.

>tfw we will never get strong machinguns on the same bullshit level the semi auto shotguns are

>tfw you are plat and kill copper BBs so he's balanced

LOL!

Theres no bald faces so I had to do Mohawk Pulse

>BB defense force is still awake

Jaeger. He'd be only 2k renown for you, and he's a good operator. The gadget can be a lifesaver now that three attackers have frags

Ignore Montagne and Castle. They're both useless shitters, although Castle can be useful if you're coordinating with your team and have a Mute. Montagne is beyond redemption.

Otherise, it's the usual order.
Valk, because the cameras are never bad.
Capitao, because he's Smoke on attack, and has crazy kill potential between the crossbow, frags, speed 3 and good guns.
Those are the top choices.
In no order:
BB is also top tier, but likely to take a nerf. Steer clear at least until you have the above two ops who are unlikely to receive targeted nerfs.
Frost and Buck are nothing too special. Frost makes vaulting over anything dangerous and can win games in the last 15-second rush. Buck has frags, a good gun, and a free shotgun. Beware that his masterkey has trouble breaking open walls and may require far more than the one or two that used to be the case. This may be an intentional nerf or not.
Caveira is a"win more" operator. If you're good at roaming with the likes of Bandit, you'll do great on her. Otherwise, ignore her.

>Valk, because the cameras are never bad.
Let me correct this.
The cameras will never be bad. Ever. The only way Valk won't be relevant is if Ubi fucks with them and only gives her two or something similar.

I don't think it was an intentional nerf because ever since they buffed the destructive ability of it the thing still leaves a random plank of wood every now and then making it impossible to move through the hole. I'd more chalk it up to some fuckery with the destruction physics, since its hard a problem to replicate in my experience.

>Don't fucking do this. Stop assuming you're going to be a faster shot than them.
I am though.
The only time I don't is when I'm trying to outpeek a 3 speed operators who knows I'm there, then peeker's advantage kicks in.

Memebeard makes it so I can't be safe holding angles unless I'm certain he's nowhere near me.

I really like Castle. Shame nobody ever picks Mute with me

Dear Valkyrie,
Please stop throwing your cameras onto the ceiling. Most especially the corners of ceilings. It makes them obvious, easy to find, and is typically the first place any opponent will look.

A camera on the floor will often actually see further, because it is not obscured by door frames. It is also harder to see, and few enemies look around the floor.

They can also be hidden around objects easier this way. Underneath benches or chairs, inside tubes or pipes, even inside drone holes. Hidden well enough, a camera can tagspam infinitely.

Thank you for your consideration.

>How is that fair.
Because that's his role: to make it unsafe for defenders to peek in random places and kill everything that moves I'm look at you Smoke, with your fucking SMG that still isn't hard nerfed.

That said, his should should be nerfed a bit so maybe a full clip of a submachine gun will destroy it. This would balance him so that he can't just hold a window or hole forever.

shut the fuck up you little bitch

Currently it tames one mag of most smgs to break his shield

Maybe make it 3/4 of a mag then (20 bullets~). I think that's a balanced nerf.

Her cams arent the problem the two shotting spas 12 that kills you through several rooms is other than that she is fine
>tfw you have a valk pub in your team
>he proceeds to place all 4 cams in the room and goes roaming with the spas 12 at the other side of the map

I wish Bandit could shock your walls too.

Does Valkyrie have the widest range of facial expressions of all the operators?

I feel like Frost does too, but it's obscured by whatever it is that's covering half her face.

>I've seen some shit

>>>WHERE SHIELD

>zero kills shitter attempts shittalking the top of the score board
>leaves the game afterwards

????

We posting Valkyrie faces?

Thats the face she makes after she sees the dick pic i sends her.

yeah because it's so god dam small

Where did you guys get these pictures of my wife?

What the fuck did they do to her teeth

She won't stop uploading selfies she is also a nasty cam slut

Jesus titty fucking Christ she looks possessed
What the fuck Ubisoft?

>What are ya gonna do? Shoot me?

Probably the best screenshot I've ever taken

>Playing Rook on plane defense.
>enemies use defuser and one or two teammates head toward it. I cover the back door
>10 seconds later blackbeard shows up, I kill him.
>teammates killed by one guy by defuser. I kill him then rush to defuser but run out of time
>Vote to kick: user 0/3
>Get shot in the head next round

Anons please help me get good at this game, I need tips or anything. Was I supposed to shoot the defuser? I've had it for barely more than a day and I keep getting shot by assholes on team on a mode labeled as casual

Very close second

go on teamspeak and be friendly

Delete this

You go to the defuser and press F when the promt shows up, don't you have anyone who already has the game and can show you the ropes learning it on your own will take a awhile alternative would be watching some rookie guide or some shit

>Not swapping melee/use keys
Casual detected

did they buff blitz? I feel like I wreck way more shit with him than before

I'm on console
>don't you have anyone who already has the game
Nope.
I had maybe 2 seconds left by the time I reached it, so I figured maybe it needed to be shot or hit. Do you think a guide from 8 months ago is recent enough? Don't know about any major changes that could've happened.

So how's Battleye, did it help with the hacker issue? Are there a lot of false positives?

Why does it feel like Capitao has actual armor values? He's so fucking difficult to kill for some reason.

Id bet a good amount of money you are shit at the game

No.
Yes.

F has been the use key in so many games doesn't really bother me only games where it changes every game was CoD from V to E then V again and so on then you play one of the newer Battlefields and it's F also you would get more use out of it if you would bind it to a sidekey on your mouse

>on consoles
>rip
no 8 months is outdated get something from the last 1-2 months

Does anyone play on xbone or should I kill myself

I'm shit because I know how to not get killed by someone?

>9k left before next operator, just kill me now

Your fault for not climbing the alley ladder, dude.

>tfw casual sucks ass
>tfw whole team gets spawnkilled instantly without any time to even move to cover.
Fucking hell I hate casual so much.

Because you have no idea what you are talking about.

>Failing to hear his sensor

Quick switch

Nigger is crouch walking behind a wall

>Creeping slowly near penetrable walls/barricades

Hurr its not like there are penetrable roofs,floors, walls everywhere on every map. "Just run around!"

Pulse players who think they are good are the fuckin worst. I bet u use auto shotty too.

>quit the match next round
Have a nice night user.

Well you must be talking about someone else, since I just got off a 5 win streak on ranked with a 4 man... At least the rando could hold his own.

>Tfw drivers fucked up and can't play on PC
kill me lads

>got ranked yesterday
>log on today
>6 matches left until ranking

What? This keeps happening. It keeps removing matches.

Why is this happening?

I do. We should both kill ourselves anyways.