/rwg/ RimWorld General

Free loot edition.

rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows three survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, and the epic scale of Dune and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)
Recommended Modlist: pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq (embed) (embed)

Please leave any suggestions for the OP pastebin as replies to this post.

nigga how da FUK do i get a functional settlement going
every time it's 1 colonist being a moody little faggeroni, 1 being too good for hard work, and 1 cripple doing all the work

dead thread
dead gaem

Rerolls man. First colonists are important.
And be sure to give them big space areas, and some plant pots so they don't get pissy. They are a bunch of self important uppity shits and those moodlets are what hurt ya

I'm building an Aryan nation. All my colonists are white and blonde apart from an honorary Asian girl. And only whites and Asians are allowed.
We also ride a shitload of bears into battle if the outer perimeter is breached. Only bears are allowed as pets.

This game is growing onto me.

I'm drowning in fucking prisoners to feed, 8 of them after 3 survivors from the last siege

fucking healroot needs to hurry up and come so I can harvest these lazy fucks that are eating me out of existence

I think i may start imprisoning all dark skinned raiding parties who survive, replace all the body parts that i can with bionic implants and brain implants (to make proper unruly slaves), and put them to eternal field work to accumulate shekels from the arriving orbital happy merchants.

why is your turret layout like that

I spaced it so that when mobs of raiders and other shit attack, they will be squeezed between 2 parallel facing turrets and get blasted by those turrets exploding after the bullets have done their thing to maximum effect;
while the neighboring columns or rows of turrets are unaffected by the explosions.
I basically jumbled together turrets and IED's into one defense by using turrets as IED's themselves.
The orbital transports come almost daily with Randy Randumb, so i can always repair and replace shit. I don't mind the sacrifice.

is there a mod that allows for smaller rooms without mood penalty

this is a frontier settlement not some 4 star hotel

how do you handle losing 175x2 steel per double explosion ;_;

>can harvest organs from people, euthanize them, and cannibalize them
>or just feed them to your animals if your colony is too butthurt
>vat-grown sex slaves exist as a background and sex is a major mechanic for keeping people happy
>no sex slave mod
Welp

Opinions on Autodoors for freezer?

>dat battery room
>dat solar panel stack

Lack of lighting, furniture and comfy aside stacking batteries, solar panels or anything in general like that guarantees an uncontrollable firestorm destroys everything because your colonists aren't able to put out the fires in the middle slots.

At least you're not a filthy embrasure abusing nigger.

What the fuck are you doing with the steel slags for it to be a full 175? After smelting that shit, enough is recycled that one orbital happy merchant is sufficient to replace 2 raids worth of turrets (and it's never more than ~8 turrets that get blasted for me anyway, 2 turrets exploding already wipe out like 4 enemy raiders, raiders will be running away before ever getting farther).
Only tribe raiders are a question due to numbers, but i'll get that covered with mortars (since most of the time they wait before they attack and i have a kick out of sending a volley of napalm in the midst of them).

Use them. The amount of time it takes for colonists to open the fucking things do effect how fast meals get made. I remember cutting out a large freezer for my colonists once since my old one was getting too small and made it not more than 5 tiles away and forgot to place auto doors and the rate of meal creation plummeted to the point where I had to assign people to fucking cooking fires to keep up production since I didn't have the components to build anything.

What fire starting?
The rooms will have shitloads of firefoam soon. The solar panel stack, is away from the wires enough. I can stuff firefoam there too (i can just replace 2 of them with firefoam to cover the whole area near the wire on the upper side of the wall).
I thought about the wires, don't you mind about that.

if you plan on losing turrets it seems more efficient to have a couple at an angle where all other turrets can fire at it and the enemies behind it.

The enemies have gotten smarter as of late.
I did that in the early versions of the game, but now many enemies go onward after just 2 or 3 are stuck in 1 area.

iirc firefoam poppers will only activate if the popper block catches fire unless that's been changed or I'm an idiot.

Berserk mental breaks don't make sense
>my ally died so I better kill the rest of them as well

I've always had them pop near an explosion.
In the worst case scenario, i can just replace the lower part of the wall with poppers. The red line is the only wire in the area.
You just need one point connecting to the panels and shit since panels and wind turbines are by themselves wires (that don't explode).

What are the best traits and skills to start out?

Sanguine and Beautiful.

>there is no "sex" skill
THIS GAME IS SHIT
INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

Thanks for reply!
Now I need to wait for components.

Why don't you guys just cook in the freezer?

Stove produces heat
also it feels weird.

Why can't I install prosthetics on animals?

My fox lost a leg, and I wanted a relevant picture. Never, ever Google "fox prosthetic" unless you feel like nightmares is your thing.

A Dog Said mod.

>fox prosthetic

Is this a good idea?

An internal vent that has a no 1 wide no roof section above it. Gives me complete heat dissipation, while protecting the heaters from external attack, as you can have your freezer in the middle of your base rather than on an external wall.

I guess you can also use freezers to "heat" your base, but this gives me control over temperature during Summer (you don't want freezer exhaust heat making your base an oven.

I suppose this middle section could be expanded to be bigger and grow some crops inside?

Jesus Christ, it's that whole Goofy thing all over again.

I always dreaned of installing bionic legs on my turtles.

why does vudojir have such a shit room?

Probably has an ascetic trait.

this is giving me ptsd from the thought of having to haul a potato by slowwalking over a thousand potato stacks

Thanks guys. Sorry I swore.

Shoot the fuckers

Sure, it isn't efficient, or cost effective

But God it is so satisfying to watch your little pawn move from shit head to shit head as they lie bleeding on the ground, putting bullets into their heads until they stop moving, their comrades hearing their screams and not being able to do anything but writhe in agony

Sorry if I sound aroused, it's because I am

Can a fag seduce a non-fag? This is important. A pawn's life depends on it, as in I will send him to death if he keeps getting these crazy debuffs.

>meant to exit to main menu on my permadeath save to get it saved so i can alt + f4 later if i fail
>loaded the previous save instead and lost several hours of playtime

The downside to this is that you can't use the exhaust to heat up the rest of the base in winter, putting a cap on it will pretty much nullify the cooling. On the other hand, I'm not sure how the airvent will react if in summer because it counts as being in contact with the outside.

Yes. Less than 1% chance though. You can isolate him by just giving him a night owl schedule and make him haul shit.

I tried doing that once but as soon as I killed the first one the rest of his buddies lined up to eat the corpse

>comrades

found the commie shitposter

>take fag
>replace all his body parts with bionic parts
>stuff that brain implant which gives permanent joy into his head
>outfit the fag with power armor
>outfit the bionic-fag with weapons if he's got good ranged
>if good at melee, outfit two of those mechanoid claws instead of bionic arms
>build a small separate house for fag on the outer perimeter of your base and set up a "fag zone" only for him
>use him as defense and for growing something in that restricted "fag zone"

Are Randy's raids random in scale as well as timing? Can I get a 30-man raid even if I have zero wealth (which the raiders can magically deduce)?

How do you guys even manage to survive in Glittertech? Been playing on Cass/Challenge and those orion guys just bumrush me with shields and exoskeletons.

Nah, everything still scales. You might get hit by a barrage of them and they scale of the loot too quickly for you to react. My tribal went from chucking pilas to Anti-material rifles from 4 raids.

>(which the raiders can magically deduce)
fuck off with this meme

>group A visits
>group B visits
>groups A and B are enemies
>fight breaks out in the middle of the night
>group A kidnaps member of B
>B panic
>start tunneling out of my base instead of using the fucking doors

ok.jpg

>sleeping sickness

Fuck this game

>the guy from A dropped 7x ostrich eggs and I didn't notice
>they just hatched in my freezer

god damnit

>game doesn't have colonist grouping and hotkey assignment by default
OH, BUT WHAT'S IMPORTANT IS THAT WE HAVE 2 KINDS OF FUCKING WOLVES TO APPEASE THE FURFAGGOTS.
FUCKING PRIORITIZATION!

you do realize the difference in work required for this two features right

10 minutes of work considering the fucking mods that enable the same thing.

>mods can do it
>therefore 10 minutes of work

>dumbass acts like a smartass
>dumbass gets answer because he was too stupid to look up how much modification the mods made to enable this shit, answering his own question
>dumbass gets rekt
>dumbass is now in eternal backpeddaling mode
Yeah.

There are technically 6 kinds of wolves.

The actual wolves should have higher wildness, and higher attack.

Yeah, but we still need more. None of the current kinds appeal to my fursona.

>bitch about the absence of one feature because another exists even though they have absolutely no relation to each other, including in amount of effort
>pretend that because something can be modded in it only takes 10 minutes
>shitpost

>weeb shitposter
At least post Yaoi like normal people you fucking virgin pedo.

If I keep collapsing a roof when inside a mountain will it eventually run out?

>kill your brother and father in a raid
>get infections in the wounds they gave you
>berserk spiral and never allow anyone to treat you
>die of infection

you deserved it

Why the fuck are my colonists get the 'saw a rotten corpse' debuff when they're on the other side of a rock wall and can't see them

"Overhead Mountain" roofs are infinite, unfortunately.
It'd take a gigantic strain on hardware and game performance to implement actual block counts for that shit.
Let's say making the game build a mountain based on the highest point for the map, where each block upwards translates to 1 meter of stone.
Imagine having to do 1000 fucking blocks of stone in maps with bigger mountains, and the game needs to track and tell you how many blocks each space has above it.
Fuck that shit.

>spend 2 hours trying to figure out the best approach to kill or capture an entire raid
>the trick was to just bait half the raiders into a distant spider's nest of death traps because they'll stay enough intact for long enough that my gunners can mop up the other raiders

>too late to crop it slightly higher and rename the pic emu war
DAMN IT

now the question is how do you get rid of the bodies or survivors without triggering your own traps

The next wave will have them knowing where all your triggered trap is because the survivors told them so. You need to make the trap unavoidable to repeatedly use them or move them around.

>survivors

lel

My pawns more or less autonavigate the traps. I've seen them hit all of once.

>survivors
Good joke

>psychopaths still take mood debuff from losing spouses

LAME

What is my newly taimed thrumbo good for? I got really lucky with the dice roll to tame this bug guy.

Send it on a suicide mission before it eats everything in your larder.

He's good for cleaning half your food supply clean in a single day.
Those motherfuckers have the hunger rate to match the quantity they eat.
Stick with some other animal, preferably boomrats so you can set them upon your enemies. Boomalopes have too much explosion range and are too slow to be used as Allahu-Ackbars.

>harvest organs from captured raiders
>entire colony gets terrible mood
>check needs
>minus for organs were harvested
>minus for someone died during organs harvest
>minus for INNOCENT(!?) prisoner died

What the fuck? These people literally just tried to rape and murder everyone, and now they get sad because I want to use their organs to save the lives of the colony?

I must say everyting goes well on our "Orson's Farm" Orson is long dead, but guy called Farmer and his new wife called Johnson are here to make this place even better!

This guy literaly ate my entire tree farm, fug.
To the slaughter house i guess, seemed like they do quite alot of damage to the bad guys though. Good thibg their horns are worth a bunch.

Organ harvesting is supremely fucked up, dude.

Even if they were okay with it, it would still be some major fucking mental trauma. You've given them all PTSD, nice work.

Sell it instead of the slaughter house. The money will net you more meat and you can enjoy someone else in the Universe suffering its eating disorder.

Your colonists aren't fucking Albanians. They are Human beings.
Of course they can't tolerate fucking organ harvesting.

Okay, doing it on live humans is an issue. But why can't you do it on fresh corpses, then?

Will do, hopefully it wont eat me out of everything before a trader comes

If you have an orbital trader frequency issue, just go into the storyteller file and set the frequency check (meantime between days or whatever) to 1 day. Then you'll have checks for orbital traders every day.

>stranded on an isolated rim world...
>just off inter-star highway 71

>cowboy hats
>middle of winter

???

>stranded on an isolated rim world
>bordering a giant region ruled by Mechanoids who are at war with Humanity and occasionally drop onto your planet for shits and giggles.
>and the war frontier needs transport of course, while many traders hold the principle of "war is profit" dear to their hearts
Savy now faggot? The most frequent transports are pirates anyway, and they have plenty of reason to be plenty in the rim.

it was a joke calm down

I'm a Mechanoid. I don't understand jokes. The only memory bank explaining them says "jokes are for faggots".

It was their fault somehow.

You can justify anything in this game if you try.

Funny, because I certainly don't see any lady mechanoids around. Who is the faggot here, exactly?

I like to imagine all of the mechanoid's programming runs this way

FAGGOTRY = BAD
HUMANS ARE FAGGOTS
MERCY IS FOR FAGGOTS
DON'T BE A FAGGOT

It's not my fault they wanted romatic weeding while freezing their asses off.

So a warg attacked a trading caravan and got btfo across the map from my base, and I promptly forgot about it

Nearly a week later, she tames herself, gets up, and walks across the map at a 98%/d bleed rate and only 3 legs to come collapse in one of my compound's houses. She's fine now.

What should I call this Rasputin-esque motherfucker?

Rasputin?

how do I use hay to feed my animals? Do I simply plant it somewhere and let them hang out on the planted plot?

Make a stockpile and just order hay/kibble to be put there