/twg/ - Total War General

medium graphics setting edition

>Regiments of Renown
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Regiments_of_Renown

>Call of the Beastmen
store.steampowered.com/app/404012/
gamesdeal.com/total-war-warhammer-call-of-the-beastmen-dlc.html (Cheaper)

>Patch notes
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_2

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer Mods
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>IS CALL OF THE BEASTMEN WORTH BUYING?
The Beastmen are a cool faction but the pack is a bit overpriced for what you get. There probably won't be a price drop for some time, so if you really like the Beastmen then go ahead, otherwise wait it out.

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure not garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

Previous Thread:

GOBLINS

God bless you Goblinposter

GREEN IZ BEST

What's the difference between a Goblin and a Sack of Shit?

I M P E R S O N A T O R

you can get some use out of a sack of shit

The sack of shit won't rout when you kick it

the sack

/420 Elves/ when?

Just want to smoke some dank kush and defend my woods.

>No spaces between the letters

WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE REAL GOBLINS POSTER?!

Ostrogoths or Visigoths?

Vampire-chans, big luscious,slightly chubby thighs!

>Me mug when Stuntiz near me.

Redpill me on Mannfred's claim to the throne, /twg/.

>It's a enemy unit stays fighting until they get butchered to the last man episode

Legendary was a mistake

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

So whats better? Napoleon vanilla or Empire with Darth mod?

I really liked Warhammer until the Chaos came and fucked me up because I wasn't expecting it as well as the awful corruption.

What's the best pre Warhammer post Empire game? I don't like sea combat.

Dismounted Reiksgard when (it's lorefriendly)? Empire really needs some shielded high tier infantry.

New Dwarf units
>Beardlings
>Rangers
>Airship/Blimp
>Anvil of Doom
>Shieldbearer mounts
>Slayer variants
>Bigger cannons

What about other factions?

They do, halberdiers are too squishy but I find you can get away with tercio formations(halberds with gunners interweaved) Only works OK late game if you have the extra attack and defense from your general.

Playing the radious mod for Attila, gotta say it's kind of funny fighting with pikes and longbows as the Geats.

>Beardlings

Just fucking stop.

Dwarfs do not and should not have cheap disposable units.

Some lines about younger dwarfs sometimes helping to defend in sieges do not justify this fan-fiction shit.

Bolt throwers too

But Radious already has a lot of new units. Just play that.

If Vlad didn't start the Vampire Wars he'd probably have one.

Honestly, if Vlad just tried more political fuckery he could've become Emperor without trying to war the Empire apart. If nothing else, a sort of Magnus gambit could've also worked.

Mannfred could probably pull something like that too. Wait until Chaos fucked up everything, fortify the fuck out of everything, start showing up and say "I'll save you faggots but you better make me a real elector count." From there, he would just need to politik for 200-300 more years and become Emperor.

Radious can't do more than mix and match existing models to a blasphemous end, crank the price dirt low, and make it easily recruitable.

Empire
>Militia
>Free Company
>Archers
>Pikemen
>State troops(dont have proper aesthetics but are implented)
>Knight Orders
>Dismounted cav(though this one applies to all factions)
>Huntsmen
>Sewer Watch
>Flagellants

but the beardlings dont fight
they hide with the womanfolk in the keeps when sieges happen while ironbreakers do all the work

About beardlings, it feels wrong for a "dying race" to send it's youths to war (especially, as an spammable resource), just my two cents

>Radious can't do more than mix and match existing models
No modder can do anything beyond that until CA bothers to release the needed plugins

Exactly. The unit list that user made cannot be pointed as a modding request. It has to mean as a dream DLC unit list.

B A T S

Greenskins
>Snotlings
>Snotling Pump Wagon
>Squig Packs
>Squig Hoppers
>Mangla Squig (Monstrous?)

>Beardlings

Just stop. Young adult dwarves are too valuable to be sent out to war, and if they go, they go with their clan, i.e in units of T1 dwarf warriors.

>Rangers
Fine

>Airship
Naeh. They have gyrocopters which fill the same role.

>Anvil of Doom
Fine

>Shieldbearer mounts
The fuck is this?

>Slayer variants
Not needed, although a giantslayer hero or something would be nice.

>Bigger cannons
Eh. I guess.

>>Militia
>>Free Company

Basically the same thing thematically and redundant mechanically, Free Company should be in, but there's no need for a separate Militia unit.

>>Archers

Agreed.

>>Pikemen

Nope, Empire doesn't use pikes.

>>State troops(dont have proper aesthetics but are implented)

Already in the game, what do you mean by "Proper aesthetics"?

>>Knight Orders

Knights of the White Wolf could be cool but every other order is the exact same thing with a different coat of paint. Which is why, just like in the Tabletop, they're all covered by the Empire Knights unit.

>>Dismounted cav(though this one applies to all factions)

That's a mechanic, not a unit, and CA apparently doesn't wanna implement it.

>>Huntsmen

Sure.

>>Sewer Watch

Why would the Sever Watch be sent to war, much less in large regiments?

>>Flagellants

Absolutely.

samefag

>>Shieldbearer mounts
>The fuck is this?

In the tabletop the only mount that Dwarf lords can take is a pair of dwarfs carrying them on a shield.

>The fuck is this?

Could be a """"mount"""" unlock for your regular Dwarf lords.

Asrai do not work that way

Warriors of chaos
>Chaos Warshrines
>Chimera
>Skullcrushers
>Mutalith Vortex Beast
>Daemon Prince
Am I missing anything?

chaos ogres at least

>free company
>militia

Free companies are state-sanctioned and accompany state-troops in war. Militia is more of a rabble that rises in sieges, think like retainers in Shogun II sieges, not normal units.

>Pikemen
They do in the fluff, it's more flaunted in southern realms, but they still use pikes in the Empire. For example, the Black Hearts omnibus has it in it's novels.

>Knights of
Knightly Orders are not all the same, one example previously shown to you was White Wolf Knights who wield Great Weapons and worship Ulric. Every Knight Order is different in patron deity, creed, weapons, armor, etc.

>Dismounted
Is a type of unit(see: pre-Warscape) and can also be a mechanic

>Sewer Watch
They are already in constant war against Skaven, but would just be nice to wield them as anti-Skaven infantry(or at least have a bonus) considering the degree of fluff they have.

Bloodsecrators :^)

>pre-warscape
hardly relevant
not to mention that the warscape is a graphics engine
i think warhams runs on TW3 engine

Is there any difference between Miners breaching charge and Iron Breakers charge?

>Every Knight Order is different in patron deity, creed, weapons, armor, etc.

Literally coat of paint.

Putting in 15 barely distinct kinds of cavalry is the kind of shit modders should do (and already are doing)

For CA it's basically a waste of time, though adding a few of them as Regiments of Renown would be cool I guess, since they're basically supposed to be unit recolors anyway.

All slightly daemonic units (except the lord of change)
Additional hand weapon for warriors of chaos and chosen
All the Chaos lores of magic w/their wizards

He means t hat in MTW2 for example, once you had a fortress you could recruit Feudal Knights as cavalry, and a seperate unit, Dismounted Feudal Knights, who were more numerous and armoured in the same way but without horses and lances.

lol that fucking owns, dwarfs are truly the master race

remember when we had good comfy history autism in these generals?
me neither

It is not just a coat of paint, it is different stats, different blessings and magic, different bonuses(Preferred enemy, animosity, special items and mounts), different weapons(lances vs swords vs great weapons), etc. You are not a tabletop player, are you?

You must be new then

Don't even joke about that

what the fug

That was a long time ago to be fair, shitposters came(en masse) in mid 2014 and drove out most of the good Veeky Forumstorians. The kind of autists who constantly complain, shitpost, and hate Warhammer. The kind of people who launch shitstorms every thread to take the attention off Total War games.

Most of the historical discussion that lasts for a while is centered around WW1/2, not even related to TW, and that's only when Ivan&Bob are asleep, otherwise it quickly turns into shitflinging as usual.

The most "historical" "discussion" about earlier periods were the guy pushing for pike&shot against the yawning shitposter or wanking about the Rome tv series.

You mean now? I mean I think we had a few during Attila by people trying to prove that it was actually a pretty interesting time period to people who didn't know much about it. Rome 2 just started a fucking fire though, before R2 we had a few discussions about Roman history not like anyone didn't know it

Even then. I guess going skub/antiskub about overhand/underhand gets old fast.

desu the current twg is pretty comfy in comparison
except for the slav and other shitposting
people who complain about "no more his ree fuck off warhambabs" are the ones ruining it
if it mattered so much to them they would go ahead and post their osprey instead of whining instead of shitting up the thread for (you)s

This. /twg/ sank in quality so much by Atilla. Osprey and campaigns were a (slight)majority of images posted before Rome 2. That one shitposter complains 24/7 but does not post historical campaigns or movies or osprey, just an idiot looking for trouble,

They're just lazy and entitled shitters that don't even play games anymore, they want others to play games in their stead and post content for them to shitpost about. Their posts should just be ignored and their opinions discarded.

Mouth hygiene is incredibly important

>try to go back to other TW titles after Warhammer
>Getting into it, probably prefer the historical settings a bit more(at least until Warhammer gets more races and polish)

>cavalry charge
Just can't do it for me any more lads.

Is there a way to make the enemy come for you as VCs? They have artillery and won't move from their fucking hill

Someone post the todbringer pic

let's build an army, let's see if /twg/ is as good at strategy as they claim

RULES:
>each post competes for a spot in the army composition
>already taken spots can't be replaced, no exceptions
>to be counted in, post as a response to this post (or any of the progress posts)
>only posts with pictures will be counted (a post is still valid if it has a link to the picture, but doesn't have it attached)
>rolling dubs, on top of deciding the General, gets to choose the army's name (use the image's name for this purpose)
>for all purposes, the General is a separate entity from the first spot in the army
>if all army spots are filled, and no dubs have been rolled, the immediately next post will take the General spot (and by extent, gets to name the army)
>Heroes are allowed, but discouraged, we are building an army, not 20 good men

Can this army take on Rome? what about Altdorf?

Where are the savegames located?

Thinking of reading up more lore on Warhammer fantasy. Any of you book nerds got suggestions on a first book to get?

embedded heroes, worth it or no?

First for pre-nerf warrior monks

type %AppData% in the files browser

look in AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\(name of the game)\save_files

Thanks

IT'S NOT A DWARF LL

Future Content blog
>Themed on a specific rivalry or conflict from the Warhammer Lore, Lord Packs contain brand new Legendary Lords and supporting units and characters for existing playable races.

Regiments of Renown blog
>Spoilers: it’s somewhat… Grim
>The first Lords Pack will ship with 18 of them – nine for one of the core playable races, and nine for another.

They go out of their way to draw a distinction between the "core playable races" (ie. Empire, Dwarf, Orc, Vampire) and the "other", implying that they're for one of the expansion races, Beastmen or Warriors of Chaos.

You can also basically confirm it's the Empire LL Volkmar the Grim, because they specifically mention the new Empire regiments of renown but also Sigmar's Blood, a book/campaign as a source for some of (or all?) the new units. Spoiler: Sigmar's Blood is about Volkmar trying to stop Mannchild von Carseat from resurrecting Nagash.

As for who his rival would be the only other named, not dead adversary of Volkmar would be this Daemon Prince pictured, Be'lakor. Who was around during the time period TWWH is currently set. Although Volkmar did spent most of his time attached to Be'lakor's battle standard during the Storm of Chaos so it was sort of a lopsided rivalry.

Volkmar the Grim vs. Be'lakor, Daemon Prince of Chaos Undivided

The only heroes I've found helpful to embed are Gorebulls and Dwarf Engineers.

> Tomb Kings still not announced

Ironbreakers

Most embedded heroes are insanely cost effective and only get better as they level up.

You're raiding the Reik, when Boris "the Saurus" Todbringer walks up and slaps your armies ass, what do you do?

AAMUTSURONGU HO!

Joke's on him, I have 19 quarrellers

I terribly want to play a Warhammer faction in Attila.
How hard would it be to mod them in Attila?

>Not thunderers

>Tfw you smoke and then try to play Total War

I don't think I've ever done worse in a campaign.

>raiding the Reikland as Dawi

SUMMON

That fucking Elector cunt shouldn't have given the High King a tie for his birthday.

You're retarded. They're not going to put out fucking DLC for DLC, and they're not going to give Chaos Warriors a fourth (4th) LL lord while other races still only have 2.

You also have a poor grasp of English; it clearly says 'nine for one of the core playable races and nine for another (of the same).' 'Another' means it's a different core race. They would specify non-core if that wasn't the case.

First update, a doomstack is starting to take shape

>My Empire swordsmen are fighting units 1 on 1, with out getting flanked, with my general nearby
>They rout nearly instantly

>I surround the enemy's Empire Swordsmen with my own units and cavalry, and their lord is dead
>They fight until there is like 10 people left in their unit

So we are getting a DLC of 18 new lords and a FLC of how many Regiments of Renown?

Rolling for the Empire!

You can feel free to stop spouting bullshit any time.

This single unit covers every Knightly Order except Knights of the White Wolf.

There are no Knight units with preferred enemy rules or magic blessings or any of the crap you're spouting off about, at least not in the edition that CA are actually adapting.

Orders are, like the provinces, just a way to determine theme and colour scheme for your plastic toys.

Now if you want to keep insisting that you're right please feel free to actually provide some proof.

I prefer quarrellers and only take a couple of thunderers late game

Do doubles even register on Veeky Forums?

00 does, but that's why I included the whole "next post after army is full"

>They go out of their way to draw a distinction between the "core playable races" (ie. Empire, Dwarf, Orc, Vampire) and the "other", implying that they're for one of the expansion races, Beastmen or Warriors of Chaos.

I think you're reading way too much into a quirky bit of grammar

>Boris Todbringer held a meeting with dwarf leaders and the beer that was served was only 20% proof
thats goin in the book

There's a dickload of free WHF PDFs somewhere, I don't have the link unfortunately, but there's plenty of lore to be found there. Or just read Lexicanum pages for hours.