So what work did you do on your car over the three-day weekend?

So what work did you do on your car over the three-day weekend?

I just bought it. I don't think I'm going to modify it soon.

Bought an 04 Accord for $500 everything works.
"mended" and idle issue on my NA Miata, it still idles poorly but I guess it's better than how it was before. a new idle air control valve will fix it but I'm not sure if it's worth shelling out $300.

Got rid of my power drums and went to manual discs, with all new stainless lines

I really like how you're trying to force this meme, user.

>changed brake lights (one was out)
>polished and sealed yellowed headlights

I cut a hole in my roof

>hardwired dash cam
>removed intake resonator
>pulled CD changer out of dash to fix jam

Washed it.

Installed rear control arm spacer. Washed it.

Messing with the control arm and the axle actually went a lot easier than I thought it would. There is literally zero rust on this thing and whoever bought it new had it undercoated.

fresh tree

I started sand blasting my rims so I can powder coat them matte black

>falling for the ss brake lines meme

Installed a short shifter in my 510 and pulled out some more shitty wiring

I read Musks biography this weekend and reflected on the eventual fall of the ICE automobile.

I need to get around to re-flashing my bmw and an oil change.

>falling for the "ss brake lines are a meme" meme

I modified my rims.

you also fell for the disk brake meme, mate

whatever makes you feel special i guess
you can impress people who don't know shit about cars, like your mom or something

>added vent to roof
>in front of the moonroof

I fixed a puncture in my tire and new brake pads in the back. I can't figure out why my car still squeals though.

Replaced radiator, fixed oil cooling lines, replaced taillight bulbs, and got new rims that I am going to put on today.

Wheel bearings? Worn suspension bushing?

What car?

Rinsed the dirt off, checked oil, filled up wiper fluid.

Replaced my lower control arms on my W-body Monte Carlo. Pic is before.

Discovered that I may have the wrong sway bar as on the passanger side at full droop it intersects the CV, but when normally on the ground it does not. I then noticed that the linkages lean toward the CV's and are not upright, so I'm sure that when my sway bar was replaced, the wrong part was put in there and by some miracle it didn't intersect for 4 years.

One sway bar linkage snapped in the process, and the MOOG linkages intersected on the passanger side, so I have one new MOOG linkage and one old OEM linkage, which means I need to get a sway bar and I'm going to a dealership to get an OEM part, cause while it's expensive that way, at least I can know it fits as it's matched to the VIN. At least I hope so.

FUN

Painted a new door handle. Need to buff clear coat and install.

Throwing my question in here instead of making a new thread, hopefully I get a reply or two.

Can I remove spark plugs with a regular socket or is that a no no?

Never done this but i assume a typical socket is not deep enough.

Yes, but you need something to get the plug out of the hole, rubber hose or a magnet on a stick works.
Of course you need a deep socket.

I hope you used real paint and not rattle car shit.

rattle can oops

Nothing. Everything works, nothing needs repaired. Feels good.

>mint condition Caprice alloys

my nigga

In my car the spark plugs stick right out of the sides, I can reach them with my fingers

ok so just take em out, there's nothing special about a spark plug socket other than the little rubber donut in the end that grips the plug.

Trew out some fenders that were bent up came back with 2 cargar wheels I don't need

you could have you know opened the sunroof?

Replaced a clutch, O2 sensors, and front timing seal.

Replaced rear rotors and pads. The old ones were gnarly as fuck.

Had definitely gotten a little warm.

>having a lift
jelly

Didn't even clean it...

None. Because I was wotking all weekend and now she is in the shop having her timing belt changed becuase I don't have the proper equipment, and my alternator wasn't moving to take that belt off, so I said fuck it, not worth my time right now.

Yes I used rattle cans. Think it came out good considering.

I question the long term durability but I guess I'll find out.

I would hit you in the fucking face

I checked and corrected tire pressures, and cleared out the interior.

Then I tried to wrestle with my mother's car to check her tire pressures.
Never, ever buy locking valve caps. They rust locked.

>Then I tried to wrestle with my mother
Lewd

Oil change, fuel injection cleaner

unclogged my brother in laws washer jet motor.
it was behind the wing!

Instead of fixing my exploding brake system on my truck, I sold it to some nigger instead and bought meme related.

>cant remove an auxiliary belt
>giving it that he would ever do a timing belt

>unclogged my brother in law
Lewd

New valvetronic springs, a brake service and painted the underside with rust protection.

Misfire is gone!

They do completely different things. Popped open sunroof doesn't force air into the unairconditioned cabin and isn't going to keep dust out for rallycross

why would valvetronic cause a misfire.

I was camping in the middle of nowhere the whole time, so nothing. Had to wash it really well when I got home though, drove down some wet, ungraveled dirt roads in a Mustang.

How would they impress anyone, I have steel wheels, you can't see them

>disk brake meme
Are.. are you implying that drum brakes are better? I seriously hope you're just referring to the fact that his discs are slotted.

Because one of the the springs had broken and was no longer long enough to manage the follower, so one of the valves was not opening/closing correctly.

Waited for parts to come in even though there's no deliveries on weekends

I love you. Keep up it up.

changed the oil/filter on the NC
cleaned out the rain rails too

I replaced a brake tail light bulb on my Sushi

They're not so bad. They're not good but definitely not bad.

Yup. Got these off my grandmas caprice that got totaled by a drunk.

new shift spring and footwell led lighting rice

good weekend

Evap canister valve is leaking. Replaced it a week ago and it passed smog, hit a pretty nasty bump and it came back on. Not sure if I want to repair it, as I already had it pass smog

I do need to replace the brake pads and I'm thinking of replacing the rotors and calipers while I'm at it

What do your rotors and calis look like?

Rotors look alright, might just get them re-straightened or whatever that process is called, depending on how big of a price difference that vs new rotors will be

calipers are rusty, and I am pretty sure I need to replace the pads soon because I am starting to hear that metal-on-metal sound from the little clip on the pad hitting the rotor.

Regardless I want some sick brakes/calipers because after seeing those dashcam montages of accidents I want to be able to stop on a dime; plus the previous owner of the car was a jackass who put lowering springs on the front, which is part of the reason why the bump was so nasty.

Also need a new suspension/coilovers, will get that soon. I hate how low my car is in the front.

I had a 96 gts as my first car. This one is nowhere near as quick. Though it is a smooth ride, so whatever, kids should like it.

drum brakes have their own advantages
but really, disk isn't good enough to provide any need to specifically install them on your own

it MIGHT be ok if you were changing your tie-rods or ball joints, or CVs, or control arm bushings, or anything down there
you know, stuff like that

>Regardless I want some sick brakes/calipers because after seeing those dashcam montages of accidents I want to be able to stop on a dime
Then you need better tires.

Fixed the shift tower on dad's Focus since the pin inside disintegrated.

Probably going to get one of those sooner or later for rallycross anyway, might as well learn the car.

forcing the meme....what a rascal

Nothing. I spent the weekend helping my dad with projects around the house and thinking up ways to organize the garage so I have more room to work in there.

Washed and waxed.

>drum brakes have their own advantages
like?

Switched out spark plugs on my shitbox but I still hear light knocking which gets more intense when RPMS dip below 500

They are self-energizing and can dissipate more heat than an equivalent rotor.

My first one was a 2001 GT and I love it as a college DD even if it had a rusted to shit hood. All it ever needed for repairs was a new starter and new oxy sensors

Changed oil and filter, 01 Accord, changed oil and filter, 01 Forester, new plugs and wires, 01 Forester. Plug wires really needed to be done on the Forester, they had some cuts or scarring on top that were pretty weird.

Saturday I fixed my exhaust with a soup can, hose clamps and some fiberglass tape where the old soup can had burned up. Monday fixed my door not closing by taking loose the loop and sticking a couple washers behind it so the latch could get better hold of it.

This.
You need to drive a car with stainless steel wrapped flexible brake hoses. There is a yhuge difference in how they feel. The pedal becomes much more linear.

Pulled the temperature sender, pending rebuild.
Pulled distributor cap and rotor and sparkplug wires and sparkplugs to make way for new everything.
Pulled the steering wheel to rebuild the steering column and have yet to put it back on (see pic, am waiting on a new turn signal cam).
Rebuilt brake pedal sensor and got my headlights and turn signal working, finally.
Put wipers on the car, wipers actually made for the car and not just one broken wiper off stone random car, geez, previous owners weren't even trying.

I had a 4 day weekend. Got pretty sunburnt too. Was fun.

nigger rigged an exhaust

apparently the early 944 exhaust flange is smaller than the late 944 exhaust flange

the difference is subtle but I had to use bent, threaded rod with lock washers and nuts and a homemade gasket to get it all cinched up

what is this, a vanagon with downs?

>Caprice
>totaled

plzno

is... is that a cereal box?

>installed an atf cooler last weekend so i didnt have to do it on my 4 day weekend

>one of the bulbs went out in my headlights (parking light) this weekend

so washed it then replaced bulbs, everything should be fixed now dont even wanna drive it so nothing breaks.

Cleaned it and bought a camper for twenty five bucks

jesus no, user

Felpro makes this cut-your-own-gasket stuff, it's a heat-resistant material like asbestos with a metal core sandwiched inside

ohthankgod

Should said it was a cereal box. I wonder what the comments would have been,

probably a shit storm

maybe, it really does look like one

Haven't seen a good one in awhile, it's about time for one.
I would of thought cardboard at first.

Flushed my coolant, Snapped off all the bolt heads for my skidplate so I couldn't put it back on.

Why would it all of a sudden make sense to switch your brakes when you are also working on the suspension but not otherwise, is racking a car and taking the wheels off an ordeal for you?

yeah I do need to buy better tires, I am a bit hesitant because the tires it has are pretty new, although they are shitty.