/evog/ Evolve Stage 2 General

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>What's new?
evolveupdates.com/stage2/

>I heard the game was dead?
It was, ~200 players on Steam and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now it's been hovering in the teen thousands.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>What if I don't want to grind for characters and perks?
You can buy the game and it to gives your account full founder benefits, which gives you 30k keys and most characters.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Inc. how to unlock them)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371

>Patch info:
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/introducing-cataclysm-and-co-op-update-2-05-live-now/97767

>Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

twink
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ded gaem ?

>tried to make a thread earlier
>got some error
>didn't try again

So, you came back to die with your game?

a lot of loyalty for a hired scrub

Perhaps he's wondering why a company would bring a game back from the dead to kill again with no monetary compensation.

Apologies for the ded steam group.
Someone suggested making announcements, but theres nothing to announce that isn't already known.

I had a gut feeling this game would die out quickly.

>mfw people think kraken is op

The announcements I wanted were the updates. At least let people know when a new patch released.

It's dead Jim, let it go.

Your degenerate Wraith lusts will move on to some other disgusting monster in time.

>gen dies for hours before two months pass
>possibly the second time it does so in two releases
HAHAHA
BLUNDER OF THE MILLENIUM

I'm betting 6 gorrillion dollarydoos that TRS will follow up on that and nerf Slim and Hank next patch but will buff something completely irrelevant to sweeten the deal.

>the monster can instantly see where the respawn beacon is set up
who thought this was a good idea?

Because in their minds the Monster needs to be as easy to play as possible but they don't realize that such linear gameplay causes 2500 hour autist hunters to read monsters like a book anyone below that to get molested.

>50+ winstreak against real players monsters
>This game being alive

Pick one

Gorgon is a shit fucking waifu and you know it. Give me the wraith

Honestly a little while ago I thought the game would stabilize at around 12-15k~ peaks, but WOW did they consecutively nerf 4/5 of their playerbase right the fuck out of the game.

How does it feel to actually bomb the same game twice in a row when you had so long to gather info about how to unfuck it?

on live support
or in evolve terms: Lazarus constantly reviving it but giving strikes everytime he does

>Really into FPS where I can fight ayyliens and fight as them
>Barely any studios make these kinda games
>Natural Selection 2 and Evolve both on life support / dead

It feels so fucking bad, both of these games are really fun to play as well, why can't the things I like stay alive?

well, any idea how to use the beacon inside of a dome then?

The devs that tend to go for these kind of games tend to also not have the balancing skills that they require, thus, people quit.

I once had an EMET hide one in a corner and it never got destroyed, but you're pretty much shit outta luck if they're paying attention because deployables in this game die to the slightest fart

NS2 devs did the same mistake as TRS. They also had the game be unplayable for months after release because of faulty optimization and balancing around the bare minimal esports scene. They also launched a dlc mode deathmatch you had to pay for, released cosmetic skins and ditched the game to modders so they can make Subnautica. Don't buy that game if you don't want to support these cunts

well, I'm really hiding it the best place I can find every time. But monsters can literally see it through walls it seems.

I think they are pushing too hard for the game to be a big esports thing and keep balancing the game around what they're seeing in tournaments and shit.
It's a shame because when the game went F2P it could've gotten a pretty big playerbase in my opinion. It had all this existing content plus they could develop some new stuff specifically for Stage 2 by focusing on adding fun gamemodes, doing something about clearly subpar hunters etc.
Instead they remove some maps, make the game frustating in pubs for 4/5 players. I had some hope when they announced the Shear Madness thing but it's just TRS putting the finishing touches on the coffin.

I still think the game will have a healthier playerbase than Legacy but it still will be a far cry from what could've been.

I can't wait until TRS implement a way for monsters to see shit like remaining fuel on players and their ability cooldowns

>kraken kala torvald free week
"gg".

I hate when devs do this shit, focus on maintaining a tiny esports scene whilst completely disregarding flaws, bugs and anti-cheat. Ubisoft were doing it with Rainbow Six Siege for the longest time, suprised the game is still going.

The game had less than 300 unique players a week, the only servers you could play on europe were 2 baguette servers and some aussie and american servers. You literally knew every player in each servers before the gorge update

Wraith is fun

subnautica is pretty meh, the mostly bad monster design really kiled my interest in it fast and there's some retard on the dev team that doesn't want the player to have any proper weapons to kill the monsters

I'll wait and see the next patch to see if we can confirm that the goys in charge of balance at TRS are clinically retarded or not.

I like running Kala + emet since emet can just teleport to the other side of the map and respawn the team or teleport outside the dome, drop the beacon, and run back in to resume healing.

>18 winstreak laz on team
>I get downed as trapper
>tell the kala not to revive when laz is up
>still get me up
>later, me and laz downed
>support gets laz up this time
>but assault gets me up
Proper tutorial that explains essential game mechanics like health strikes when.

It's also unoptimized shit. NS2 had 5-15 minute loading times on map no matter your configs and PC setup

I tried that game when it first game out, ran like shit, and if I recall the little alien dogs were unhittable with an FPS bouncing between 20 and 50 so I gave up

and now it's the reverse of evolve where the marines have been buffed so much for shitters that can't aim, that against equally skilled teams the marines will DESTROY the aliens.

val or rogue val?

>onos dies to a single marine with shotgun and jetpack
>exosuits push while being welded by multiple marines and recall available if khaara decide to baserush
this kills the balance

Val

what do you do about moliath in ranked?

>monsters winning most rounds in HGL
holy fuck TRS is literally retarded at balancing their game

good perks? probably gunslinger but idk what else

/evog/. I'd like to hear some of your hunter synergies with an explanation why they're good. Here are mine:

Bucket with Q.Caira, Laz or Parnell.

The reasoning being that all of them have abilities that have a long cooldown, so you can restore them mid-battle with mechanical recharge .Bucket's drones also benefit from weakpoints from Laz's rifle.

Hank/Tech SGT Hank with Slim or Emet.

Slim and Emet aren't very good at healing a massive burst of damage or themselves. So a shield barrier can mitigate that issue.

Slim-Sunny. Slim can throw a healing bug on someone, and sunny can make them dash out of danger or fly up so it can heal that person up.

Val/Abe. Abe's grenades are good, but the slow is ever better if the monster is tranqued. Can bring the monster to a standstill

item swap, class cooldown x2

Option 1: Whatever/cd/cd
Option 2: (Jump or efficiency or rocket)/rocket/rocket

good thing right now is kala-week

ty dudes gonna do swap/rocket/rocket until i get enough money for cd but wouldnt capacity also be good?

no

swap or thrusters for ease / surviving

CD for more healing. do the math, it's more than cap or reload

love wraith
marry wraith
breed wraith
snuggle wraith

kill yourself

It's all about your own survival.
If your team has no Hank, the monster's gonna focus you. Having jetpack perks/cooldown ensures your own survival and your team's in the long run.

do damage perks increase healing from nades n shit?

no

after you

gay af

you're the one with a fetish on par with pony fucking

off yourself, dumbass

watch esl tourney fags

twink dot teevee/superbadjuju

trying too hard, stay mad

nah he is right you're a faggot

the only thing i'm mad at is that you have some sort of need to reach out to absolutely anybody that might affirm your pathetic fetish

you recognize your own degeneracy, which is why you need somebody to validate it

literally fuck off to a containment board

So now that blitz is kill. Do you take damage or capacity for markov?

Fighting a skill ceiling'd kraken with a pub team is just not fun

only a retard picks damage perks on hunters right now

this. fucking 3 PERCENT

Are there games live right now?

how many keys do you jews have right now?

84006 silver keys as I post this

afterburners, capacity, gold damage

that's how you build regular markov

superbadjuju has tournaments VODs on his twitch

>headshot weakpoint moliath
>157 dmg

>damage amp torvald mines headshot as crow

Who new these shit hunters let me delete health bars so fast

>removing the 20% coop wins results in ~128,024 wins approximately for hunters
>monsters at this moment have 162k wins
nice

>parnell with 100 wins
>thinks he's hacking
>it's coop wins
>he's bad
So that's why hunters have a decent winrate.

and each hunter match win counts as 4 hunter wins

you can't break 40 wins with pub teams without cheating

it's impossible

so it's hacks, premades or coop

[citation needed]

Think that's why they released co-op? So they can say the game is balanced/needs more hunter nerfs?

>Ah Dimitri.. yes.. this pidor is asking for proofs

Yup. They will use the win numbers now to justify further hunter nerfs and monster buffs.
>You all Saw it, the monsters won much less games than hunters :^) How can you argue with the big WIN numbers we showed you?

pls live till tuesday

currently even tip toppest matches are decided mainly by the monster player, if he makes enough mistakes (yes mistakes, one or two or three is not enough it's gotta be 4 or more noticeable mistakes) then the hunters might win

this is how fucking great TRS is balancing at the game and sniffing that fucking telemetry spreadsheet

fucking retarded devs

maybe hunters should stop sucking at playing the game? if you lose 4vs1, you suck. period

at balancing the game*

I AM FUCKING MAD AT TRS 24/7

we FUCKING TOLD THEM so many times that they need to stop nerfing hunters but NO they have their STUPID HEADS STUCK SO FUCKING FAR UP THEIR INCOMPETENT
ASSES that it's unreal

I bet TRS won't even remove the cataclysm map despite most of the remaining playerbase hating it as it's fucking garbage and rng that affects the gameplay a lot

Today the game rolled it like 4 times, and pubs skipped it unprovoked every time.
Nobody likes it.

They're trying to "balance" it. Things like no knockback on meteors, less damage from meteors, etc

i need more wraith art

another Slim and Hank nerf, calling it now
until they are borderline useless

they're already on the edge
it's easy to burst down hank

calling it now, further markov dps nerfs, hank nerf, v val nerf, griffin nerf, abe nerf

lazarus nerf

tfw i leave every single time the monster gets downs in the first dome

no reason to even stay in that match

>I keep seeing hunters using slim and hank as a combo so much in my past games it is insane.
You can't beat hunters when they have a slim and a hank. Slim keeps healing while hank shields him. Slim's healing already goes over the monster's dps so how can you possibly win with a hank shielding him? Easy, you can't. Please fix this it makes the game so stupid when you play with people who have to use the stupid slim and hank combo to win. It is not fun anymore. I learned to give up when they have a hunter combo like that because i played agaist a bunch of slim and hank combos and i already learned they are unbeatable. Please fix this.

slim and hank """""""""balance"""""""""""" inbound. can't let that poor monster player suffer

daily reminder that everyone who doesn't vote to skip cataclysm is either alt-tabbed, afk or has an IQ below 90

I probably should
0 reason not to

This was a post from the forums, right?
You're being ironic, right?

Heh. I'm a shit goliath and I still got the slim down despite focusing him instead of hank. And that was against a premade with a griffin pooning me all the time and a lennox eating the rocks.

>191hps is more than the monster can dps
uhhh. No? Monster dps is over 370 on pretty much any monster except behemoth. Slim is still garbage compared to launch, and this is the second lowest his HPS has ever been.

now this is true shitter mentality
AND you get literally nothing but a loss, no keys no exp nothing

why don't you just hack yourself some wins, you worthless shitter cunt

Higgus I need to talk to you. add me.

The cabage patch is always fun: Cabot and Parnell

Pros to this duo are a fuckton of a damage in a short amount of time. Cons are that you're trading strikes for quicker damage. Add in a good medic and maybe you'll make up for it.

Abe and Torvald are also just fun.

Throw a shrapnel grenade and go to town with your shotguns. Abe also helps a bit with Torvald's mortars, but then again any Trapper can slow the monster.

yah, i fucked up the green text