Does anyone else think that Extra Gear is better than the new Top Gear?

Does anyone else think that Extra Gear is better than the new Top Gear?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nSXTxyynUJ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't know I haven't renewed my tv license yet.

is your interwebs broked? or did you forget to renew that license aswell?

Competition will force each show to become better and more exotic as they try to top each other for ratings.

Didnt watch it but if its better than a punch in the dick then its better than new top gear.

the hosts seemed less forced and more genuine in Extra gear. It really felt like its own show rather than a show trying to emulate its former glory.

The Grand Tour >> Old Top Gear >>>>>> Extra Gear >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Neo Top Gear

BBC America here, saw it last night. Extra Gear was way more watchable, I wish Chris Harris was the anchor but hey maybe in time when the ginger throws one too many hissy fits.

I'm just amazed that immediately after Extra Gear they showed a Best Of Top Gear. It was "hey we got you to watch the new one, and even if you tolerated it, let us show you how much it sucks in comparison"

>The Grand Tour

We'll see. Might fall flat by trying too hard.

Yeah my concern about The Grand Tour is that the expectations are so high that it will be impossible to meet them.

You're up early lad. You want Chris Harris on ExtraGear rather than Top Gear?

Anyone catch if The Reassembler will be renewed? Cozy, calm May was amazing fun to watch.

when does grand tour come out

Is it me, or was Chris Harris genuinely uncomfortable looking while sitting next to Chris Ramsey?

>tv license

hah get cuked england

No, May liquidated his company, so no more May BBC stuff.

>Old Top Gear

You're going to have to clarify that. The last several seasons of Old TG were absolute dogshit. Why do people forget this?

because the last season was actually pretty good and the patagonia special was worthy of a theatre release.

Old TG UK will always be the better one.

"Old Top Gear" means Top Gear before 2002.

Not anymore, bitch.

>Neo Top Gear cast mysteriously disappear
>First episode of Grand Tour is released
>"Tonight"
youtube.com/watch?v=nSXTxyynUJ4
>starts playing
>"We take back our property"
>Cut to Evans and Neo TG crew nervously transporting Stig across open desert
>Twin V8s ring across the sand
>Stretched, lifted Panda driven by May emerges from behind a dune
>Clarkson joins him in a tracked Hilux
>Hammond circles overhead in an Autogyro
>Hour long chase ensues
>Stig is claimed by Grand Tour crew

>1000215423550
damn that's some seriously old image

>Stretched Panda
>Not the Alfaab
I'm dissapointed in you

I know that's more Jame's style but nothing says post-apocalyptic war chariot like a 47 foot panda on monster truck suspension with gun ports along each side and a V8 per axle.

again, not may's style

>twin dacia sanderos welded one atop the other
>powered by twin rover V8s
>monster truck chassis with giant low rolling resistance tires

Maybe not James May, ordinary long-haired polymath but we're talking about Immortan James, post-apocalyptic warlord.

Judging by that name I hope TGT will have more road trip challenges...

Whatever James May drives, it better have a navigation system

Heaven forbid anyone should be allowed to operate a television without a license, can you imagine the carnage that would ensue?

Do you require television operating training to get that license? I hope so.

Don't drink and watch kids.

That's the entire premise of the show.
Every episode will be in a new place/country.

Oh my fuck

Yah. I'm excited for it too!

that is awesome as fuck... their road trip segments were the best part of the old show...

Pretty much, get hype.
They have literally ten times the budget per episode.
They have no BBC restrictions anymore.
They have complete control of content.
They took the best producers, editors, writers and cameramen with them from Top Gear.

I just hope they still have a news segment.

I hope they review cars that aren't just generic 1.3l euro shitboxes and each new Ferrari model 7 times

>TGT announces they've already destroyed a car during filming
>TG announces they're apologizing for being "disrespectful" and racing around the Cenotaph during filming

The only thing that would make it better is if they replaced the Stig with Randy Pobst

I think it'll be the same as it always has, they'll only really do interesting cars.
I don't watch then for genuine consumer advice, they even poke fun at people who want that, I watch them to see interesting cars and entertainment.

Probably the closest they've come to reviewing a car would be when they did the Vauxhaul Bathurst, but even that was tongue in cheek.

I think they said there's going to be a Stig equivalent.

To be honest, I was a bit offended by that; old top gear, as much as they are utter cocks (in the mist lovable way) respected war veterans and their sacrifices.
Evans is of course a nu male, and the only thing they hate more than fun is the achievements of men greater than them (ie. Everything).

>over analysing things this much

I just watched BBC's second gear, and without the three stooges, its... HORRIBLE.

This is absolutely atrocious. The shouty guy just doesn't stop shouting, the chick has the personality of an industrial microwave oven... and seriously? Top Gun?

These guys are trying WAY too hard.
It's like running into that old friend from highschool who became an accountant, but still really wants everyone to think he's cool, so he tells terrible jokes really loudly and laughs before anyone else does.

It's just... terrible.

dream on m8. it's tv not f1

If they do anything, I think they should resurrect the black stig.

>Explaining the basic situation is over analysing.
Mate, your head will fucking spin if you watch Dora the Explorer.

>woman
>prep
>isis-national guy
>nigger
>ginger faggot looking cunt

Anyone else notice the diversity?

Best thing about the whole episode was Sabine rag on the Vette though.

The BBC would sue for that.

Which sucks really, didn't those three damn well invent the stig?

Pretty much, and until recently Clarkson owned a production company that owned several trademarks used in Top Gear.

go slurp claskson's semen you faggot

i wouldn't neccessarily have a problem with it if it wasn't as contrived and twee as it was

I didn't think it was that bad. Matt is a good host, and overall everyone seemed pretty comfortable together, much less awkward and forced than the first few seasons of UK or US top gear. I also liked the new off road reasonably priced car track.
Chris Evans is fucking annoying though

Sabine and Harris are the only two worthwhile on there.

>I have no possible response to this so I'll call you a faggot.
Bravo.

;_;

The only convincing character was Matt Leblanc, I'll give you that.

The rest of them just came across as fake... like, glee club level fake.

I downloaded everything, it's so cosy to watch.
May is such a calming and smooth presenter.
He's the perpetually high uncle that we all need in our lives.

>clarkson and co can't do wrong because they're fine upstanding patriots
>evans is a massive cunt and probably pisses on war graves for fun
>lmao just explaining the situation totally not biased
fuck off lad, you know as little about them or the situation as anyone else here. don't make out like you have some special insight you delusional tosser

The original trio are upstanding patriots, and Evans is a cunt, so he's not wrong there. The only thing in question is how often Evans takes a piss on the war graves

Kek.
Watch Top Gear, there are many times when the hosts show reverence for veterans and the fallen.
Read Clarkson's books, he does respect veterans.

I doubt they would have done that at a war memorial, meanwhile the new Top Gear staff, led by Evans, seemed to not even think about it.

>Clarkson makes multiple documentaries about war heroes, involves the armed forces in nearly every season and generally shows massive respect towards them all
>Evans hoons around on war memorials, issues a half arse apology afterwards

>Glee
Holy shit, it feels exactly like that.
I couldn't fucking place it, but the overproduction is fucking dead on.

I literally could not sit through neo top gear's first episode

None of us could.
What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall of BBC boardroom during this.

>Angry manchild blindly supports welfare queens
Who'd've thunk it

What there, Bismuth.

This. Extra gear is fine to listen to, at least. They fucked things up so bad in the main show. To the point of where they probably just killed the franchise, unless they get their shit together quick.

Bump

does he seal cars to review?

7/10 for joke content
2/10 for joke delivery

For shame user

>nu male

>tfw 5th gear was top gear in allot of older cars
I end up watching King Rose Archives and motorweek retro review
fuck new flanged auto journals and their shallow approach

It was more like like old top gear with friendly bantz which I prefer over the caffeinated 'woah, how fun is this' segments with Chris Evens.

Road trips especially with shitboxes really made the show for me

Hi Chris.