Civic

You are given a stock 1991 Honda civic 3dr hatchback. white with black bumpers and steel wheels

what do you do to it? this is your daily driver

Thorough inspection and regular maintenance.

/thread

Jesus i love how this car looks.
Wanted to buy so much but almost doesnt exist in europe and those who are here are riced shitboxes

Drop it on some 14" factory wheels like mugen cf48s or even prelude or crx stock wheels.

Oem looking exhaust tip that is just a bit better.

Wouldn't bother with a Kswap or b series as they are so good on fuel and I don't have that kind of money.

Drop a big fucking dick just behind the grille so I can fuck the car in front

thanks user. its my car. with a 60~hp engine (less than stock), but it gets 45-50 mpg (20+ over stock)

just put an ls in it lmoa

>Oem looking exhaust tip that is just a bit better.
i did this actually. i have a brand new oem style muffler/tail assembly

>cost more than headers, mid section, and fartcan together from ebay

i still need to clean up my taillights. the ricers i bought it from tinted them with plastidip

When talking about hondas putting an LS in it means something different annon.

I am looking for a place where I can replace the civic sticker like your one on the tail light garnish.

Is it d15b?

I am not familiar with American civics.

d15b6

it was a d15b2. but a rod came through the block so i bought it for pennies.

the engine is from a '89 CRX HF. also the car is oddly enough a 4 speed automatic.

this engine never came tied to an auto from the factory. but it runs and drives very nicely.

I have an ED sedan, in australia.

Was civic gl a thing in America?

no. our sedans are LX/EX. hatch is STD/DX/SI

CRX can be CRX/HF/SI

my hatchback being a DX model.

Why can't I have one of these?

Lower it and put a muffler on it. Proceed to act like a the kid who thinks he has the fastest car in the student parking lot.

>tfw people think im that kid

>just driving in my slow honda at the speed limit

every redneck tries to "race" me

Veeky Forums hates hondas...

They are too young or just not car mad enough to realise what civics have done for "the modern tuner culture" as much as I hate saying those words.

They are a car that built an industry..

People usually modify them because of their iconic status, or memories such as having one in collage.

i want to lower it around 1-1.5" with 15" wheels on actual performance tires.

But, the stock wheel setup is pretty hilarious around corners. chrips tires and slides around at low speed
>no grip at all

there very narrow 13x5 wheels

I hate this, when I bought my sedan the dealer was doing chirpies and thinking it impresses me or makes me more impressed by the car just because I am in my 20s and looked at a skyline that he also had for sale...

FFS, I wish people wouldn't assume I am so dumb.

This probably has more to do with your brand of tyres than the tyre brand themselves.

Civics are very light cars, you also probably have worn shocks that make the car less stable. The car is 25 years old after all.

I would stance it with 18s

shocks/springs are still good.

i wouldn't dare replace the oem suspension with any ebay fuckery. it rides very nice

>brand of tires

some gook shit. there fucking 13's

my other car has BFG g-force summer tires and there really nice. if i go with a 15 or 16" wheel i can run them

groce.

16" too big imo.

Eks pull of that look best.

the car sits really low already on 13's

i don't see how stance fags slam their shit. i'm worried about my oil pan bottoming out already

>airbags
>parachute for the dragstrip
>paint bright green
>full interior poo brown
>fully sick chromies
>mad speakers with big sub
>cut off roof fully hectic convertible
>spoiler
>smoke tail lights
>full black tint
>stripper pole for my male friends
>dildo shifter for me to use on occasion, shift with my asshole

Civics are abused work horses, and I'd rather have a Corolla any day.

pretty much this but with that shell

Corollas are good to but they never achieved the iconic status of a civic.

Your exhaust goes under your oil pan..There is nothing to worry about..
Also that car isn't low.

>an RC car
Cool story kiddo.

Yeah but depends on what you're iconic vision of the civic is. I remember cheap cars that nobody took seriously until the late 90s. It's kinda like Subarus today. They used to be low dollar and struggling to get into the market but now they're downright expensive.

When you say civic I think ricer, because they're pretty much the only people that need these things anymore. 3/4 of their reputation comes from running when dumbass teenage girls run them without oil for 4 months and finally get a change.

Basically, there's nothing I can do in a civic that I can't do in any other car (other than look like a greasy fucking ricer who thinks a CAI will give his shitbox 300HP)

I am blind an on a phone

Civics are iconic tuner cars though even if you hate them. Iconic doesn't always equal good though.
(other than look like a greasy fucking ricer who thinks a CAI will give his shitbox 300HP)
This comment however is so stupid I do not know what to say..

Do you ever look at all the crazy civics on the stickydiljoe.com website?
>

even if a civic made 1000hp and looked completely stock people would hate on it and call it rice

Although I would agree that some people perceive civic owners that way.

Those are retards you are better off trying to not talk to argue with or become friends with...

Life it too short to speak to stupid people.

>Your exhaust goes under your oil pan
>thinks the exhaust goes under the lowest point

no..
>that car isn't low

its called having functional ride height

should i?

it would be black vinyl (removable). car already has hail damage on hood/roof

>what do you do to it
nothing. regular maintenence, fix problems, done.

why fuck up a perfectly reliable and cheap DD?

>perfectly reliable
>budget build honda

depends on what's cheaper desu.

you don't want to drop big bux on a civic DD.

if it's cheaper to fix the current damage on the hood/rood, do it.

if it's cheaper to replace the body parts (doubt it), do it.

Would keep it externally like that.

Upgrade headlights to LED or HID.

Install OEM look BT head unit.

Upgrade dash bulbs to LED.

Save money for turbo kit.

exactly.

you're retarded as fuck lmao
people have been modifying and racing cars long before honda ricers came around kid.

>$50 on vinyl, maybe sanding/bondo
>vs several hundred on new front clip, and still have hail damage on roof panel

i wish i could afford to fix all the damage, but it would need hood/front fenders/roof/bumpers

not worth it

If a civic makes 1000HP

>1. Literally 6x the blue book value of the car into the engine and transmission and exhaust
>2. Nobody will call it rice because a dumbass fucking ricer can't get their shitbox to dyno 250

>oem look hu

i have a sony hu and pioneer speakers. doesn't look oem but i'm not too worried. honda dash supports single din so its a clean install. and you don't even have to take off the door panels

>turbo kit
>8 valve SOHC eco engine

i don't think my HF could even spool a turbo. it redlines at like 5200rpm. (where my DPFI intake manifold opens the second injector)

so basically i'm driving with only 1 injector running at any time. mad fuel economy

Coat it with zinc to slower the rust degradation, paint it dark green metallic and that would be enough I guess. I hope it's a SOHC because I don't want to swap the engine.

try DIY dent repair + spray cans

it'll be cheap and it'll look better (probably)

well, yes, for a couple reasons.

A: it's only possible use would be a drag strip (since it's not road worthy and can't corner)
B: the onwer will probably also have riced the fuck out of it.

Try my best to turn it into something like this.

Would also probably put these on.

It is is a sohc, so the engine will need to be swapped to a superior dohc

>needing more than one camshaft

sohc non-vtec yo

> what do you do to it?

ctrl+v a_few_simple_mods_pasta.txt

y no shingo?

>y no shingo?

im an anime weeb but i actually have only watched the first few initial d episodes

>y no night kids vinyl

its the wrong gen civic and color. but still worth a few ricer points

No.

Modern tuner culture

modern

do you get the word modern

I will say it one more time before so it gets in your head.

Modern.

depends on how much money I have

completely redo the suspension and a B series swap would be on the agenda tho

>Check the oil
>Check coolant levels
>Take it to a mechanic to check the head gasket, pistons, timing belt etc.
>Check the IACV and clean it
>Clean the throttle body
>Replace air filter
>Check fans and temp sensors
>Check the fast idle valve

Hondas are such nice cars and it will love you back if you give it proper maintenance. Many people don't take care of em, especially on fucking Craigslist where I bought 2 hondas, an accord 94 and a civic 98, off of there and they both had overheating issues, incorrect oil, and NO COOLANT. Fixed them and now they run good as new.

EE9 replica

>FAST CAR

GOTTA GO FAST

This. why rice it? No matter what you do, the EF will always be an ugly motherfucker. if it was one of the later EG or EK gen cars, I'd probably do something.

not everyone has shit taste tho

EF is cool..I prefer it over the EG.

civics are like the door openers to the whole jdm tuning scene

not tuning in general

Keep it looking completely stock, replace old worn out suspension with good aftermarket stuff (not low!), get lightweight wheels, good tires and good brakes on it. Then learn about hondas so I know what engine and transaxle to get so I can give it at least 150hp. Autocross the shit out of it. Cherish that motherfucker and restore the body and interior to good condition because it is impossible to find these things in not-riced-or-crashed shape.

CRX HF wheels. Complete rustproofing. New speakers. New head unit with Aux input.

Then routine maintenance and inspections.

They are pretty responsible for modified modern imports taking off in America...

>They are pretty responsible for modified modern imports taking off in America...

but the import scene has been pretty good since the 60s and 70s

>inb4 but I said modern

ok but you see modern at the time imports have been used for that long

it started with VWs and Datsuns

It doesn't matter.
I have no idea why people try to shill for Toyota either, they're USDM line up was even worse than Honda. All you have is the 4 door corolla, what kind of tuning base is that

Ide put some type pf honda oem aluminum rims possibly the buzzsaw style those would look good, if you want to engin swap it look into a ls or a b16
Just reamber the rule of kiss
Keep it simple stupid