Hot Hatch General

Hot Hatch General
>tfw french make GOAT hot hatches again

Fwd a shit

>tfw turbocharged swift sport in 2017
It's time, niggers.

Its as hot as a really wet shit after a ruby murry.

>same price as a Focus RS
hahhahahahaha

W-reg hatchback faceoff

They are just too overpriced for what they are. Would rather get a Focus RS even though it's pigfat as fuck. At least I would get 4 doors for that sort of money.

clio has rear doors too m8

>make GOAT hot hatches again
They're making hatches slow as a fucking GOAT?

wow

>Haven't paid attention to Renault now after the rs fiasco, let's see what this is

>Megane rs engine
>Manual gearbox

H-Have they learned?

now that's an ugly car

>Not posting the usual full OP
Its ok, I forgive you user.

Also, found a Clio 172 for £999. Should I? Just as a temporary thing while my insurer deal with my 197/200 Cup

Hard one. If any of the following is an issue, I would skip it
>Timing belt over due
>Heavy oil leak on the bottom of the gearbox
>Expensive coilpack broken

Idk if the 172 has VVT, but if there is one then usually the VVT gear needs to be replaced as well when doing the timing belt. The engine starts to sound like a diesel when it is boken.

For a temporary commuter I would pick something that isn't that hard and expensive to keep on the road. Like a mk1 Fiat Punto or a Ka. Out of those 2 definitely the Punto.

The 172 has the same F4R motor as the 182, 197 and 200, so I imagine it has VVT.

The one I was looking at has no MOT so I'm going to ask the dealer about that. Otherwise, there's a 182 for £1500 that's just had a cambelt not too far from me, but don't really want to spend that much. Might buy the LHD Twingo I found for £400ish

pity about the new face though

More ST's needed

There are photos of new swift?

pity about the whole thing really, except the turbo

One of my mates has just bought a FiST, and one a Micra 160SR. And another an RX8 R3, but that's not a hot hatch. The FiST is the only one I haven't been in yet.

That look horrendous.

Just picked up yesterday

Saving to get me one of dez bad bois right here
>awd
>Turbo

What happened to the I in the GTI emblem

Just dumpin

Is kill

>Black VW badge and fucked GTI badge
Otherwise you've done alright.

Why do people like this car? I just don't get it. Golf R is a different story though.

How much power would a Clio II have to put out to be considered hot? I'm looking at making something a bit different.

bout tree fiddy

What's everyone's thoughts about taking a hatch with no performance model, and MAKING a hot hatch out of it?
Pic related.

Fun stuff and you should do it. Sleepers are great.

I've actually considered building a Ford Ka ST, as the Ka is basically a Fiat 500, so most of the Abarth bits are a straight fit

It's not all about power, it needs to drive and handle well, look good, and have character. Honestly, something that size, 150bhp would be ample. But there's already the 172 and 182. What are you planning user?

The Bedford Rascal is the hottest hatch ever created!