>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg
/dat/ Recommended Bikes: my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

benandjerry.com.au/home/flavours
au.news.yahoo.com/a/31726256/they-worked-like-airbags-kangaroo-pops-womans-breast-implants-during-attack-in-south-australia/
makita.com.au/products/category/maktec/angle-grinders
autobarn.com.au/plasti-dip-rubber-coating-black-311g
ebay.com.au/itm/151784151398
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for idk

2nd for muh corolla

dat do i get a 5.7 litre vu ss for the muh powaa or do i get a kingswood ute with a 2shitty3/308?
both are going for around the same price.

cold af

alright you seem pretty knowledgeable:

can anybody tell me simply if carbon fibre (not wrap) parts are allowed on road vehicles? i.e hood, trunk, wing, doors etc.

isn't it straight illegal?

vic specific

one has good performance but looks like shit
one looks good but only meh performance

kingswoods are overpriced and commonwhores are trashy yet quick

Are you on P plates?
If yes then yes.

Did someone say vicfag???

yeah i am but then again i drive a turbo and haven't been caught yet

what about those companies like Carbon Plus? or are they all just wraps?

Carbon will just attract attention then, at least you can hide a turbo
fucken oath

>saw 3 cunts getting pulled over today

Brissie piggies out in force today lads.

this If you are on P plates and already hiding a turbo why are you trying to make your car look hot?

I'm watching this new flop gear it's fucking terrible.

i didnt even bother, i could tell it was going to be shit when they announced the new hosts.
the fact that it is called topgear is the problem...

Only good thing about the old show was watching james, richard and clarkson being fuckwits and it only worked because they were actually mates after all the shit they had done together.

it already looks hot, i would just like some carbon parts once i'm onto open license and am unsure of the legalities surrounding it

I heard the only decent thing about it is Joey and the rest is complete dogshite.

Shame.

I'd actually like Joey working with Clarkson & co.

on open license pretty much anything goes and if it doesn't cops don't care unless you are a fuckwit thats drunk street racing or something along those lines unleh

excellent good.

another quick question, at what point in modifying my vehicle will i have to get an engineer's certification to ensure legality? i.e serious weight reductions?

>not white and red
fuck off m8

I like may, he's my husbando and I'll watch anything with him in it.

Toy stories, cars of the people and that bloody wine show are all amazing.

The main thing is this shit hasn't got a scrap of originality about it, if you told me beforehand this was what was going to happen I wouldn't have believed you..

>they still do the "Some say" bits with the stig
>they reused the fighter pilot radar gun fight idea (albeit with a slight twist) from the last top gear US special
>they put reliant robins in the fucking pilot of the new series because "look we're still top gear!"

I'm only watching to see the trainwreck but so far this is turning out to be less of a waterfall train derailment and more of a Eschede derailment, it's painfully apparent they're trying to replicate something that just won't happen.

saw one in red the other day!

WHITE AND RED NOT WHITE JESUS!

I gave it a watch yesterday
Its poo

>experience panic attacks
>the only thing that calms me is driving
>99% of my attacks happen at night
>can't go for a drive and calm down because of P plate laws
FUCK SA

>get friend to drive valiant to transmission place to get new oil pump
>just fixed the brakes
>snapping calipers is the issue, on its third set
>friend complained the wheel was knocking when it got there
>new caliper must've fucking snapped again
at this rate, its coming off the road, cant afford to keep repairing it

putting an engine in the car where you have to weld new engine mounts in for it to fit.

now it just looks pink

Is the only difference between the 86 GT and GTS the nicer interior and better headlights? I know the GTS has bigger wheels at least. How does the BRZ compare to either?

As someone who holds their full license i have no empathy for you or your autistic panic attacks

Maybe try eating a teaspoon of cement to help you harden the fuck up, maybe use some of your disability pension for your legit medical condition to buy some weed before they make you cunts do drug tests to get your doll payments.

Speaking about the p plate guy with the sw20 turbo, I though they got rid of those restrictions a few years ago and based it purely off a power/weight ratio.

Or am I confused.

I remember when I was on Ps and could get a 80s range rover I couldn't drive it because it was a v8 even though it only produced about 150whp.

Not in SA.

nah they are still anal about turbos, no performance modifications of any kind, no v8.
You can have a 210kw sv6 though, that 180kw 5 litre v8 is fucking insane though, stay away oooo spoopy

I'm bored so have a screenshot I just took

Idk but in NSW the limit is 130kW/t and turbos are allowed, unless it's a "high powered vehicle" which stops a fucking fat V8 Soarer from making it even though it's below the P/W restriction

heh
Looks like sw20 turbs are legal in QLD, literally just under the max power to weight, jesus christ most dangerous thing a p plater can buy.

have a picture i took at motorfest.

Different seats and touch points
Digital climate
GPS
Different instruments
DRLs
Bigger wheels
Bigger brakes

86 badge has red accents on GTS

I remember there being a loophole where you could have a twin turbo v12 diesel on your P plates, is that still a thing or am i considered old now?

I remember not even having restrictions or a faggy red p plate. Does that make me old.

>implying holden astra convertibles aren't p plate legal

are you the old SA cunt?

How was the last SA meet?
What is the new gen of /dat/ like?

what game?

Banished with colonial charter mod

No.

i hope that old cunt won't show up at the meet this weekend

I'll be coming just to make you mad jelly of my whip, poorfag.

wish i could go to the sa meet but parents said no

just be careful cunt. I don't want you to die after seeing my mad ride

So pretty much age of empires without combat

Is it comfy? I need something comfy

>mad ride

Post your VR commo cunt.

Yeah pretty much, this mod is good to build nice looking towns

>implying I'm bogan

Think this would look alright if I take the hubcaps off and spray the wheels matte black, then lower it?

>implying there is something wrong with bogans
There are three types of people in Australia, Bogans, immigrants and those whinging cunts that live in the major cities that have a problem with bogans and the immigrants.

>wagon
>looking alright

nah

It won't look good but it will look better.

what the fuck is with everyone having wagons all of a sudden

I've had this thing for ages, first time I've posted about it though

No.
the sedans are becoming rare because they are all skid rigs.

WAGON
A
G
O
N

WAGON
A
G
O
N

What could I do to it then?, nothing overboard because I'm not hektic enough

the colour is just the wrong colour in my opinion, needs a respray before it would ever look good unless you got some white stripes going down the sides with whitewalls and a mullet.

I could start growing a mullet now...

no, get a hair cut first you hippie!

I do agree it's the wrong colour, I can't think of much I can do that will go well with that green

I do want to do something to it though, nothing overboard

No lol, Just lower it with hubcaps and it'll look mint.

benandjerry.com.au/home/flavours

Bout to go 7/11, what should I go, senpaitachi?

>not going to 9/11
it's like you're not even edgy at all

I'm gonna add, I have a VT wag in Herron White. I took the mudflaps off, did a dodgy respray on the scratches and shit (it looks good from a few metres away) anyways leave it stock, lower it a few inches and sell it off later on.

au.news.yahoo.com/a/31726256/they-worked-like-airbags-kangaroo-pops-womans-breast-implants-during-attack-in-south-australia/

ahahaha on ya skippy

The paint is a bit shithouse on mine, scratches and rock chips. I really like this car despite it not being the best, don't think I could get rid of it

Oh yeah, from last thread

Kek, u cheeky kunt m8

I'm , 0 tolerance until the 14th, I think. I'll need to double check when I'm officially full license

That's how I feel about my wags, is your manual? I wish mine was a manual and it'd be perfect. Go to supercheap auto and buy factory colour spray paint cans and do dodgy touchups or you could do it properly and sand back the roughness and mask it etc. it's around $13 for a 150ml can and i sprayed all the dings and shit on my car and still had half left and that car has been through lots of shit.

tfw no wangan in australia

Nah it's auto, really regret not holding out till I found a manual

I've scratched the rear passenger quarter and dented the front driver quarter which I'm going to replace so I could give painting the rear a go

Got you covered bro

makita.com.au/products/category/maktec/angle-grinders

autobarn.com.au/plasti-dip-rubber-coating-black-311g

ebay.com.au/itm/151784151398

Painting was a fun job especially on a windy day hahaha. I'd convert it to manual but that seems to be a big waste of $1500. It is a comfy car though.

$1500 to convert?, I've seen kits going for $500

I'd attemp to do it myself but it will be a cunt once I start working full time

>Want a Fiesta ST
>Find out that insurance is going to cost $2000/yr

Well, guess cars were never going to be my thing anyway. I guess I'll just buy a shitbox and find another hobby.

Yeah but how good are the boxes? lol yeah I start fulltime work next week and i'd rather buy something nice than converting it. idk what though.

white and red makes pink

I don't know, you'd definitely have to get the box checked before throwing it in. It would be fucking great to buy a new car but I just like VT's too much to ditch it

Got a V6 98 VT manual wagon in metallic red. How much do you guys reckon it's worth? Lowered, some decent rims, full exhaust, fairly new ac compressor, 250k.

Been saving over the last few years and tempted to pick up a used manual ssv wagon.

about three fiddy

I'll give you $20 and a KFC bucket for it

They are a nice car for what it is, Wagons are mostly unraped too which is nice. VZ wagon would be nice though, 6 speed manual and alloytec

$1000-1500

Wagons don't sell well that's why it's good to buy wagons and run them to the ground.

I just want a white VE ute with a maloo hard lid and I'll be happy

12:45PM MEET FOR SA MEET THIS WEEKEND
STOP BITCHING

That's not hard, I know 3 people selling VE utes with 22" rims and maloo hard lids because they either can't afford to pay for it or blew up the engine.

10-15k depends on years, km's, trans & model (sv6 or omega etc)

SS or nothing cunt

SS's are at least 20, 15 if you're lucky.

I've heard VZ have a problem with their timing chains, do VE have the same problem?

V6's do I thought but idk about LS, they are easy as fuck to work on regardless. I can't stand the way they sound is my only problem with them.

Yeah figured as much. Might just match the other optimistic prices on carsales and see if someone makes an offer.