ITT Post your favorite race cars

ITT Post your favorite race cars.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OjwwV20iZYE
racing-reference.info/race/1996-04/X
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's like my penis. Small, and no one will ever find out how well it performs unless utterly unrealistic risks are taken.

>they will never be AWD
>why live
sadpepe.jpg

Id love to see these things on Brands Hatch.

Polestar S60 is sexy

The 2016 Type R is so sexy, it'd be amazing if they made a AWD version.

By these, I meant the Bedford Rascal, not the Polestar.

There are much better pictures of F40s m8

bigfat disgusting design..the last good lookin civic was 6th gen..

They might have been shitty, but I think the livery looked cool.

>Implying I said the F40

>implying he wasn't trolling you softly

RIP GT1 ;_;

Evo VII is beautiful

F1 GTR Longtail, MC12 GT1, XJR-12

nice its about to get lapped by the f40

the F40's happy about it.

Why does the front look so long?

this

and this

obvious contender for GOAT

There are plenty of classic racecars I could name like the 300SLR, GT40, 962, etc that are bound to mentioned if this board is worth a damn, so I'll just name something more recent with enough time having passed to confirm its status as true classic racecar: The Corvette C5-R.

The reason for this is that it marked a time when an American GT wasn't taken seriously. There was the Viper GTS-R, but that was actually a American car developed by a British firm and with the most famous entries raced by a French team. The C5-R on the other hand was developed and raced by the Michigan-based Pratt & Miller using GM money. The car debuted in 1999 and was very clear that it needed some work, but it showed promise. The next season it was winning races and by 2001 it was a force to be reckoned with and Corvette Racing was quickly recognized as the team to beat. The C5-R was raced only for a few more seasons after that where it was replaced by the C6.R, but during its time it was brought home several race wins and championships to include multiple class victories at the LM24 and another at the D24. Its success as a racecar also encouraged GM to invest in a Cadillac GT program in the SCCA which became successful in its own right. As for Corvette Racing the C5-R set the tenor for the team and the tradition of winning would continue on in the C6.R and later the C7.R now with the program in its 17th(!) racing season.

It sucks that they don't race in the PRO class in the WEC

>DBR9 is ded
>WEC moved to GTE so no more V12 Vantage with hueg spoiler
RIP

>his favorite car is a FWD civic
???

OP here, it's my favorite in both WTCC and BTCC. I love muscle cars but there's nothing like a sporty 4 cylinder.
Pic Unrelated, 2004 Dodge SRT 4

Why would they? The WEC's inaugural season started several years after the C5-R was retired and it doesn't conform to the regulations either.

I mean with the c7

That thing is faster than anything you can afford so yes

faster than my 13b tt miata NA? i doubt it dude
it cant join the midnight club
FF sucks, totally faggy

Typical Miata owner. Rages if someone critics them yet talks shit constantly. How's it feel to drive a twink car mate?

who cares anyway, all the shittalk won't makeup for the money he put in it.

10th gen coupe type-R AWD... a man can dream, can he?

If they do that would be awesome, don't see Honda going that route, I also didn't expect them going 305hp turbo either

I find the way they got around the regulations worthy of an oscar

gets me going

down there

Down where?

What do you mean utterly unrealistic risks? There are a bunch of these in the UK. Stock at least

McLaren F1 GTR.

It simply dominated GT racing in mid-90s. It's crowning jewel was the 1995 LM24 where it not only made McLaren the first (and still only) manufacturer to win the race on its debut, but it filled 4 out of the top 5 finishes + 13th making it the most successful LM debut, too. The last "true" GT car to win the race outright. It would go on to acheive a class victory in 1997. It was also campaigned in the Japanese GT series and remains the only non-Japanese car to win the championship.

The funny part was that the F1 was never intended to go racing and it's success as a racecar was a testament to the quality of engineering and design of the base road car.

>2016 Type R is so sexy

wrong

Fuark, Javelins look so cool.

I am starting to wonder about cars that dominate
seems its just what ever team throws the most money into skirting the rules

No 787B?
youtube.com/watch?v=OjwwV20iZYE

Always was my favourite. Fuck I love four rotor engines.

What's the point? It handles well enough, AWD would just bloat it with useless weight.

fuck I love the maranello, I love how it isnt super flashy like the rest

I'm all about dat 550 if it can stay a drift
but it is a little snout heavy

The Mercedes-Benz C11 is one of my definite favorites. It was the car to mark MB's official return to motorsports after a 35-year break, and what a return it was

It's one of my favorite looking, but not my favorite sounding. I wish it was a shorter stroke v10 or v12.

>swiggity swoogity I'm coming fo dat booty
N-n-no Ferrari-san

The #59 F40 never got dat booty tho. It DNF'd after 129 laps.

The #23 GT-R finished 15th overall behind a slew of LMP1 and GT1 cars. Even a couple of GT2 cars finished better than it.

racing-reference.info/race/1996-04/X

why? boring.
most touring cars are boring.

championship wins

that's racing in a nutshell.. from karting to F1 and everything in between. bending the rules is just part of it.

>liking a car because of how many races it wins
cringe

>Toyota, in their interpretation of the rules, were able to convince Automobile Club de l'Ouest (ACO) officials that the car's fuel tank, normally empty when the car is scrutineered before the race, was allowable as a trunk space since it could, theoretically, hold a suitcase.

This is the best thing I read all day

>most touring cars are boring.

I bet that you are the type that thinks F1 and Le Mans is the most exciting racing on the planet.

it does sort of leave a bitterness to the technical achievements
that said leaving the engineers and drivers unattended does make things a bit lethal so I'm not entirely for it being a blood sport

but what annoys me more than technology bans is when they put chicanes on decent straits and stop using long circuits all together
nordschleife is pretty much the last of its type still in use and circuit de la sarthe was pretty boring before it got gimped

short of a nuclear apocalypse there's not going to be anything like mille miglia or targa florio again
and most people will say that's a good thing

>The funny part was that the F1 was never intended to go racing and it's success as a racecar was a testament to the quality of engineering and design of the base road car.

The most satisfying thing I've read the entire month

1997 gtr with the air restrictor removed

muh dorito engine

>Tfw you will be at Le Mans when they let those cars do their usual vintage mini race

>we tamiya mini 4wd now

Recently got reminded of this thing: The Marcos LM600
Just look at it. It's so strange. The colors, the shape which looks way too wide, the headlights that look way too small, and even the name Marcos sounds strange...
I love it

it really shows that the engine and tires were added as an afterthought
like they suddenly ran out of room

I feel you familia