Previous thread: >>15163255

Previous thread: Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about your sexuality and gender identity!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/wnoafm.7z
wat-ovg.liveracers.info/Live/?server=WAT: AE86
youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
pretendracecars.net/2016/05/30/lives-in-singapore/#comment-29000
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Benis

If anyone is interested, I compiled the RealFeelPlugin from Automobilista for use in rFactor with proper settings for the AE86 mod we are running.
This combined with the recently published steering fix makes the car handle and feel very well now.

my.mixtape.moe/wnoafm.7z
>extract into rFactor folder
>select and buy the realfeel upgrade for the car in the updates screen
>adjust ffb strength to your liking in the regular options menu

If the ffb is too "raw" for your liking, increase all "SmoothingLevel" values in the .ini to "2" or something

MINICLIP

Requesting uncensored photo of Scottie

>it manages to look worse than the AC model

Don't forget to include the suspension fix you posted last thread.

the suspension/steering fix is on the doc and mandatory, whereas the realfeel plugin is optional but highly recommended

Only 5 hours until 60's event begin.

inb4 everyone beaten by a piratefag again

Truckfag, I'm down to test. Email is [email protected].

go fuck yourself

>be autistic
>"why is everyone leaving tho?"

>there will never be another GRID made like GRID 1 but with more cars and less downforce cars
Why even fucking live. Please Codie do it.

who knows, they are pretending to be "serious sport" now, at least with dirt rally

>toca race driver 2017

It wasn't censored, I was literally wearing the mask thing we got at karting

TOCA 2017 would be good if they stuck to the core instead of making a half-assed realism game with Autosport, if they can't go realism then they need to do what they did with GRID 1 and expand it.

What times are you guys doing in Ahvenisto?

No one here likes you, bye.

Nobody here likes anyone.

wat-ovg.liveracers.info/Live/?server=WAT: AE86

I like Marko

seems you guys don't like a lot of people here since everyone left

This took way longer than it should have.

Does it come with gummy bears?

looks good

Stop faking, you autist.

dubs for sj

no

Is this the comfiest car?

>Hudec no longer works for iRacing
Shit I guess I have to actually try playing it again before that year I paid for and raced twice runs out.

>putting the thread title in the name field
baka desu senpai

Anyone driving the SRF this week in iRacing? I just tried it today, and got pretty good placements in both races. It's a tough car to drive though.

>>No qualifying
it isn't necessary, you start at the back of the field, races are short and would be extremely dull to quali on pole and just shitstomp the skittish AI race after race

>>No practise
it's in the prerace menu, next to tuning.

>>No pit stops
in a 3-to-5-lap race?!

>>No penalty for corner cutting
There is sticky grass and barriers. What else do you even need, Dan Greenawalt to pop out of the screen and cockslap you? Detatch the wooden pole from your anus

>>No fuel simulation
races are max 50 laps and there's no pitstops anyway

>>No dynamic day/night time
unnecessary, races are too short

>>No dynamic Weather
unnecessary, races are too short, no pitstops

>>A tiny selection of tracks
no shit, it's a fucking demo
Fucking master of deduction over here

>>No proper full championships
Would you download the shareware version of Doom and complain that you're missing three episodes?

>>Career mode is only 2-4 laps, there is no substance to it, just feels like a grind.
Welcome to Forza singleplayer, where the fuck have you been the past 10 years?

>>That stupid cutscene every time you finish a race that just wastes time
the unskippable one on the race setup screen is worse, and longer, and you have to watch it every single restart

>>NO SUPPORT FOR THE G27 OR ANY OTHER WHEELS WTF
already confirmed in development, not even an issue

>>No FOV option
there's no multiscreen support either, which is how you could adjust your FOV in the other Forza games.

>>No seat adjustment option
was never a feature of any Forza game and I don't know why you'd expect it

>>>No fuel simulation
>unnecessary, races are too short, no pitstops

There is a fuel system.

yes but it's the usual Forza halfassed fuel simulation where every car has roughly the same fuel economy and runs out of fuel at the same time, every time no matter how you drive, and the races can't be set long enough to actually run out. There are no gigantic tracks like Nurburgring, Fujimi, or Positano where you can kill a tank in less than 50 laps.

but again, it's a demo/OBT for a PC port, it's completely stupid to expect all of FM6 for free.

I'm talking about the console version here, I don't know about Apex, but cars actually die pretty quickly.
It's very unrealistic though, I drove an LMP Audi around Le Mans and it died in about 3 and a half laps.

go away shitty shill

yeah, fuel economy imbalance has been a problem since 3 and 4. A tuned-up road car with similar attributes will go longer on one tank than an LMP.

I get $0.01 from Microsoft every time I visit your mother's house, but that does not affect the quality or content of my posts, which are 100% marketing free.

Forza Apex is basically cell phone shovelware, but it IS Forza, and not some strange mobile ripoff in Unity.
I can't deny that it's fun, if limited.

I've never run out on 4, I might have to have a try.

flush

I just switched tracks on the OVGEC/RANWEC server. Let me know if there's any issues.

I will remind daily

>deliberately putting yourself at a disadvantage

It's only a disadvantage if you're retarded and don't know the track at all.
If you know the track, times are the same.

git gud

if the times are the same then who cares if my viewpoint is a bit higher

>be advised

my sides

>Forgoing immersion for baby view

git gud

>implyjun
I actually found a properly low seat more natural but then I bottom the seat in a Camaro and get disappointed it won't go lower.

>Disadvantage
>Too lazy to learn track
How's AC pubs treating you

On a single monitor baby view is better, it's easier to see other cars around you

I use the lower (correct) view, but without the virtual steering wheel.
If you keep the virtual steering wheel on, you can't comply about realism, at all.

You're still looking forward, height won't change shit, changing fov or just looking left/right will.

I have a single 24" monitor, and rock the realistic view.

tfw no problem in races

I keep the wheel on if I need the information off of the wheel tho

you can if you use a VR headset. it's weird not seeing a wheel at all

>filename
>favela

That reminds me, while you're around James, whatever happened to that Project-Favela 'mod' :^)

I think I speak for everyone when I say please do not fucking let him have any say in this

If you were using the correct FOV, the virtual wheel would be exactly over the real one. (Behind, actually)
So, you're on the one with the incorrect FOV here.

sauce ???

What if I can't mount my wheel high enough or my monitor low enough

Also 2016 Fusion next build I guess

Oh, well, fug

where the fuck is the doc

Then you can't say shit about others FOV, nerd.

I never did

>time to pretend I'm retarded

>favela

Project "Favela" was a reference to how all the idiot BR's in Fixed Indy Oval can't drive worth a shit and would constantly junk the entire field because they had no idea how to do anything other than hotlap.

why havent mods fucking banned this faggot yet

Are there any DLC unlockers for PCars like how there is for AC in zip folders?

Shut the fuck up.
Shut up or I will crush the life out of your dweeby bean sprout neck effortlessly with a single hand.

Are you for real?

Just get the latest GOTY (kek) version.

I think I'm just gonna download a torrent of the Game of the Year edition and call it a day and cut my loses on the career mode

Not much time or energy today to make the truck slide real good (which is the main focus atm), so I took a few minutes to at least dick around with some RealRoad stuff

It literally looks like shit, but that black stuff there are the realroad marbles at maximum saturation which takes a long time to happen (if ever). At 15x the racing line and marbles change very fast and in one or two laps you already have maximum saturation in most areas. I have to look at how customizable realroad parameters are, but I think its tweakable enough to get something decent out of it.

tire marbles?
btw do you need someone to help with physics?

Yeah, the idea is use the marbles as the tracks cushion, the dirt that gets pushed aside as the cars do their thing.

And no, thanks for the offer though. I dont plan on changing much of the physics, as both ISI and The Sim Factory had much better data to make their stuff than I could possibly have. I will only upgrade things to rF2 spec as necessary and thats it. Dirt will need more experimentation and actual work as TSF did their dirt physics by having super slippery tyres on an asphalt surface, instead of a tyre trying to grip as much as possible on a slippery surface.

Ah, that's pretty cool if you get the lying of the rubber like that. Simple pattern or a rubberized layer where they run and soft marbles outside of the racing line mixed with pushed off dirt?

Btw, I'm thinking of doing a full on mod series myself, but it'd be my first.
What tools do you use in general? besides the "dev version" and some 3d modelling tools.

>he is THIS mad at some guy on Veeky Forums

Hey since when did we run Porsche Cup?

You got it, where the cars drive eventually they lay down rubber on the dirt, and outside of it the marbles will build up and do stuff. Theres also a little trick that I believe will allow the track to start tacky, a wet soil that is very grippy, slowly get slicker where the cars drive and eventually culminating on rubber getting laid down on the dirt as you can see in the pictures

Tools you need are just the dev mode, some kind of 3d modeling software, photoshop or anything like it, 3dsimed and a lot of patience.

All /ovg/ series are now going to be run at 7:30pm AEST and if you have a problem with it you can speak to my mate Jack here.

You are living a part of the pinnacle of /ovg/ with no fags or traps and just quality competitive racing at reasonable times in Eastern Australia.

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s

pretendracecars.net/2016/05/30/lives-in-singapore/#comment-29000

For his 29,000th comment James gets absolutely blown the fuck out by Ian Bell of pCars fame

top zoz

Ian putting him in his place brings a smile upon my face :)

>almost everysingle classic muscle car in GT6 has a 3-speed transmission even though half the cars featured are special editions only available with 4-speeds
Nice """"""""""simulator""""""""""""

first stefano, and now him? who's next?

i wonder if pCars2 will have more than 5 cars and proper FFB

>p-please respond

Man what a shitshow that entire thing is, with Bell trying to distract from the 50% bullshit he is spouting with little bits of truthful and useful information while being an internet tough guy and James completely fucking up at calling him out on the actual bullshit parts instead of fixating on trivial crap.

>i'll never be fast

it saddens me to see ian bell and stefano engage with james, thereby legitimizing his shitty blog.

were you and I playing the same game?

p sure most have 4 speeds that top out at 120mph unless you install the dyson 5 speed fully custom box

when I really try to think about it the El Camino had a 2 speed, the C1 Vette had a 2 or 3 speed, and the Chapparel 2J had a 3 speed, from there I can't think of another 60's muscle car with a 3 speed or less in GT6

have to agree, if don't like him, ignore him

just downloaded GTA IV. the cars handle like boats on wheels. also, no brakes.

wat do?

The AAR Cuda has a 3-speed for some reason.

Shitpost on /v/ and claim that GTA IV is better than GTA V because of the driving physics.

fast