/scg/, /edg/: Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous General

Thread #9: Grinding Stone edition

>What is this?

Merge general of Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen

>Elite: Dangerous information pastebin. Update as needed.
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC
-----------------------------------------------------------
>Star Citizen information pastebin. Update as needed.
pastebin.com/UNEJYGHp
>2.5 is PTU now btw
>Freefly for anyone willing to try soon™
-----------------------------------------------------------
>other games
if it doesn't have a general, come on in. just don't get upset about sharing.
Here's a pastebin with games you can play while waiting for SC to be finished or for E:D to be fun:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/764889244456275968
kickstarter.com/projects/1820893788/katalyka/posts/239764
kickstarter.com/profile/1820893788
pastebin.com/bCdFkAKq
pastebin.com/1nfrRLNf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

GAMESCOM SOON

Small corridors and coffin hotels make sense from a logical point of view, but they play like shit.

Want as few tiny spaces as possible.

I expect this thread to be fast, so next thread I'll make Gamescom edition.

b-but muh wasted space!

nth for doctor smort

I just want a first person EVE: Online.
Is that so much to ask?

Of course it is you silly shit

Well technically there is Eve Valkyrie. Except that's a tech demo for VR gimmick and nothing more.

One like. Could he not bribe someone in his family or something like that to like his post?

Weren't they making an eve themed arcade-y space sim?

>3 german news magazines are now reporting about Derek's harassment

Must be nazi genes or something

I am thinking about getting a combat vessel, is the diamondback explorer any good?

Well, looks like he personally made himself into an ex-developer as a first step ;^)

It's funny that the only ship that actually has private cabins is a prisoner transport.

>Small corridors and coffin hotels make sense from a logical point of view, but they play like shit.
I absolutely agree on the corridors, but the sleeping coffins would simply be the logout/save points, or places where NPC go when they are 'off duty'

Not an area where you ru naround in, fight in when you get boarderd or whatever.

It'd be better to have a sort of 'community area' with a few tables etc. for just goofing around in etc.

>Private cabins
>Transparent-walled cells that no player will ever be in

rero

FED UP seeing the other guys and gals walk off with the BEST of EVERYTHING? Tired of your stupid JOB, of being overtaken by your peers, of lacking the willpower to get the things you want... of being HALF ALIVE?

I know how it is BECAUSE I TOO was once an under- achiever. Hard to believe that of Cliff Ganymede — Best Selling Author; Decorated War Hero; Clinically-Recognised Supertaster; Zinc Magnate. But it's true. I dithered. I put stuff off. I failed to KNUCKLE DOWN. That's because I didn't know I was Elite. Now, let me tell you a secret: everybody can be Elite. You're already ELITE! You just don't realise it yet. Elite. Say the word out loud with your mouth. Think about what it really means.

Each one of us has unlimited potential.
Life is there to be L-I-V-E-D
I isn't a dirty word — put yourself first.
Time is now!
Each one of us has unlimited potential. (It bears repeating.)

Not necessarily an EVE-clone but a space sim with the levels of social interaction that EVE has.

Why the fuck are both E:D and SC this shitty "you are just a small, insignificant person in a big galaxy :^))))" with artificial limits of what players can do.

The glorious thing about EVE is the options available to a player.
You can be an insignificant hauler if you want OR you could be one of the most powerful leaders on this side of New Eden.

It's so frustrating, Elite could have lots of potential if Frontier wasn't run by forumdads.

Considering that people outright live in their ships, not having private cabins is insane with the size of these ships. It seems not even the CAP SHIPS have cabins, it's fucking mad.

Because EvE's player agency directly leads to teamfights that involve hundreds and hundreds of players which aren't sustainable in a first-person or direct-control environment.

A can of spray paint fixes the transparent problem and a hammer fixes the lock part.

It's still better than sleeping in the retailator's crew compartment.

Organizations will play a role in this game (SC). We will have to wait and see to what extent that is, but CR knows that player interaction is key to longevity.

Why is the Reliant shit-tier again? It looked fucking cool to me.

Terrible maneuverability + massive profile + shitty guns + shitty survivability make for a less than useful vehicle thats only notable characteristic is "I can change flight modes!"

Well as usual people are driven to exaggeration. But it clearly dont have the cargo space advertised, it also have a fairly massive profile and it is so broad that its hard to imagine fixed guns will be able to hit smaller ships simultaneously.

God dammit. Back to waiting for a cool ship worth grinding for to make its way out of the woodwork again.

twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/764889244456275968

The guns aren't that bad. 2xS3 2xS1s is actualy quite nice for a 65 dollar ship. But they're all on those huge, fragile as fuck wings and you can't hit shit with them because yaw basically doesn't exist for the Reliant in vertical mode.

There's also been alot of unanswered questions about how the Reliant could possibly hold the 30 units of cargo its stated to carry.

Cargo and the fragile wings are a fair point but its not hard to hit stuff with the guns if you just roll and pitch and use the yaw to supplement that. I am not sure how to describe it but I usually end up yawing out of a roll when lining up a target, it works well.

I'm pretty sure none of them work in the shitposting industry though

No, I get it, use normal flight sim maneuvers. But no other ship in SC has yaw this bad, and a vertical reliant is the absolutely *last* ship Id expect to have weak yaw movement. The big ass space oil tanker literally turns faster.

Is it true that if one of the wings go, it's impossible to fly?

Does this happen to other ships as well?

I havent ever gotten any fly time, just keeping track of the game.

Daily reminder that No Man's Grind was a $15 game that got AAA-tier recognition through sheer shilling power

If you lose a wing in space, you tend to just lose what you had attached to that wing. I havent flown all the ships but weapons are a common thing.

However if you lose one in an atmospheric environment, i imagine you will probably be dying soon.

I HAVE ORDERED THE DELAY OF SQUADRON 42 UNTIL 2018

THE ROBERTS MUST OBEY MY BRILLIANT LUMINESCENCE

UNLEASH THE POWER OF THE SUN

Is this game supposed to take an hour to load into multiplayer?

>it's a I get chased down by a sabre I can't get away from in my avenger episode

and even if I turn to fight he just fucks off at max speed everytime

Yes, since it has maneuvering thrusters mounted on the wingtips. On other ships you tend to only lose weapons because the thrusters are mounted closer to the center.

delete this

It varies by ship. But losing a wing in a reliant means you lost half your firepower and of half your mav thrusters.

any infos about the upcoming event and preload?

have slow internet and have to test the game when we have the free flight

Was a kickstarter really shut down because the dev said the sun made them

So why the fuck... Would they make it so easy to destroy? Sounds like an awful design choice.

It makes sense from a physics perspective but yeah it should not yaw more poorly then the star fairer.

I can fly the reliant enough to land at cry-astro with one wing, just barely, but if you lose both or both thruster blocks are damaged you are done.
You can't even get out of your seat and bail because you have to be at stop to get up and there is no way to arrest you motion.

kickstarter.com/projects/1820893788/katalyka/posts/239764

If you look through the rest of the updates, apparently the crazy bitch finished it.

Also so basically, she was fucking insane

>Ever since about December, I've been harassed by a voice that is claiming to be the sun, and its been attacking me and harassing me almost every hour of the day.

>This is the best way I can explain what I am going through... if anyone has any advice or can offer help with this problem, it was not really what I was hoping for and it was very much NOT what I was told making this game was going to be like last year when I started working on it:

>Voice says: "The sun doesn't want you to publish Katalyka, because it wants to be almost exactly LIKE Katalyka, but it keep it all a secret. If you publish your game, it is going to let people in on too many secrets." (paraphrasing)

>My response: The giant glowing mass of hydrogen that lights up our entire planet with heat and color wants to remain a secret?

I thought mandalore's video was making a joke holy fuck what is wrong with people

That's a classic schizo hopefully a family member or friend will get him to see a doctor.

Eve is shit tho.

t. someone who played Eve for too long.

Is it just me or is she apparently naked on her pic?

>what a lovely day, flying around a planet being torn apart exploding star in my new ship.
>Oh look, here comes some vanduuls. I wonder if they have anything to trade?

Turns out she is.

I wish a slav would add erectile dysfunction to homeworld

Would not tap.

fucking gross

>tfw participating in civil war for the first time

Is that a kitchen or an autopsy room?

>Ahhh! Those brutes shot off my thruster!

You ever think about how much the Anaconda looks like a Narn carrier?

People backed this? How could they not see the crazy?

I found the picture on her devianttart.

An arrowhead is a pretty generic design.

>Th reliant emerges.jpg

Also
>super fragile and wide wings
>super exposed main thrusters

This ship is terrible. It's a shame they spent so long making something that's no more than an NPC ship.

The top-down shot in particular though, with the second bulge in the middle.

She seems pretty fucking naked in her profile picture.

kickstarter.com/profile/1820893788

>Oh drat. There goes a wing. Now I can't steer my ship.

>well, at least I have a nice view as I die...

So, you're just left going straight until you die?

That sounds like easily the worst ship in the game.

>EM
>1800
Why does it have twice the EM signature of a Constellation?

?

I really like the idea of having ships in the game that are not military ships.

I would like to see more multi-purpose ships with their own living quarters, the Buccaneer was a disappointment in this regard.

Optimistic for the Aurora/Cutlass/300i reworks though, as well as the Herald.

I like her

She is fucking hideous.

>first roll hit this

thank you rngesus

I'd fuck it. If she wasn't crazy, that is.

So after looking at some of the videos from No mans sky and hearing the devs blather my instincts told me to stay away from it.

Yet still desperate for some space "action" i installed Elite dangerous again.

So, what do?

I have a Vulture and 1.9 million spacebucks and havent touched the game in 12-16 months. Where is the fun at?

3/10 if genetic girl
5/10 if trap

Its not a combat vessel. You can use it as one and is cheap to outfit

Vipers, vulture, dropships,fdl, eagle. In no paticular order.

You did right, NMS doesn't have much in the way of action, and what little it does have has poor mechanics.

Yeah. And it annoys me a lot.

I was in the mood for a good space game.

Same. desu, I expected the space combat in NMS to be at least on E:D's level and be a fun interlude to exploration, but no, it blows.

Also the ridiculous but often over looked problem with the Reliant... You literally can not leave your seat in vertical mode, nor does it have an ejection option.

Same same, though I expected the combat to be more akin to the simplicity of Freelancer.

Game feels like a tech demo you'd send to investors to explain that you need more time.

It's been a long time since I regretted pirating something.

desu, I'm satisfied with walking around, exploring samey worlds and unlocking tech so far. Don't know how long it'll last.
The 18 quintillions world is such bullshit though, I've already found 3 worlds that were p much the same with just a different sky color.

So Horizons, Yay or Nay?

I got the original game, should i pay more for the expansion?

I understand you can explore moons, what else is there?

I might have just been indifferent about it if it didn't routinely dip to single digit FPS and occasionally crash. On a rig with a 1080 that runs Elite maxed at 70-100fps in 1440p.

You can upgrade your ship with engineers. Like going from F to A rating all over again.

>Regretted pirating something

Jesus christ this. Last game to do that to me was Bioshock Infinite, but at least that game didn't control like asshole. I have buyer's remorse and I didn't even pay for the game. I can't play with controller because it's like I'm in that Polygon doom video. I can't play mouse because flight is terrible.

You can get some more RNG with engineers. Horizons is pretty shit. I regret paying for 15 dollars for it. Driving on empty planets is not enjoyable. The SRV controls like shit and takes damage to the slightest touch.

So, I was playing Elite: Dangerous - Horizons in the past few days, and I found a planet, with a mountain in a crater. I figured I’d be “Crazy”, and land on the top of the Mountain, so I did.

I was there, landed a few minutes, dozens of lightyears from anywhere, and this twinkly piano piece began to play. Looking out, over the majesty of stars, sitting so Small and alone, I admit that I teared up a little. I did. I was overcome by it all.

It’s incredible that the life’s work of a Cambridge scholar, to create a believable simulation of our galaxy, has all but come true. And it’s only going to get more real. Imagine the next generation of Quantum computing, a Thousand times faster than modern Machines. Though most likely, some of that will be swallowed up by larger displays with Higher resolutions.

Still, The Stars My Destination.

Yeah. And a lower price tag wouldn't hurt.
At this point in playing it, I wouldn't mind buying it on -33% or -50% sale. Especially if they fix the framerate issues. I mean, I've seen the video of it running just fine on an nVidia Shield, my computer's way better than that crap, damnit.

Supreme Ruler Ultimate, my m80s. I had buyer's remorse just by looking at the download bar slowly filling.

You can unlock engineers to mod your ships with longer jump ranges, faster boosts, more powerful weapons, etc. Coming "soon" is 2.2 with ship launched fighters like the condor as well as passenger missions that actually make the Orca useful. The other two passenger ships, Dolphin and Beluga, might come with but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Eventually there will be volcanic activity on worlds, comets, multiple players in one ship, and maybe Aliens, but that's a ways off. Unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket and just have to land on planets, I'd wait. The content they have out right now is not worth regular price I'd say.

Okay an user asked for this yesterday.
Here is a x52 (pro, I don't know if it will matter.) profile for both Star Citizen and the Saitek profile editor.
Both profiles are needed to work together.

pastebin.com/bCdFkAKq
This is the SC xml profile, download, rename appropriately as a .xml and place in StarCitizen\\USER\Controls\Mapping.
You will need to import it in game.

pastebin.com/1nfrRLNf
This is the Saitek profile, download, rename appropriately as a .pr0 and place in C:\Users\Public\Documents\SmartTechnology Profiles
You will need to load it in the by right clicking on the x52 tray icon and selecting it from the available profiles.

This is a work in progress for me as I muster the will to polish it. But the saitek profile might give somebody a head start on making their own profile.
There are a few problems with the set up right now that are beyond my control like that fact that SC will not let me rebind the mouse function for launch counter measures to a keyboard one.
Also some other things to note, Mode 1 is a default, unbidden, with no clutch, with the mouse nub disabled. (This is so I can turn off the nub when it decides to freak out when I am working.) Mode 2 is a default, unbidden, with no clutch, with the mouse nub enabled, this is for Elite Dangerous. And Mode 3 is the Star Citizen set up with key macros linking to the mostly standard SC keyboard controls with a clutch enabled with the pinky trigger.

How would you make Elite Dangerous better?

ban dads

Ban anyone over 30.