So I've been driving my automatic shitbox in manual shift mode for a few days now non-stop...

So I've been driving my automatic shitbox in manual shift mode for a few days now non-stop, will this help ease my mindset in manual mode when I eventually learn to drive stick? I realize it's going to feel very different when a clutch pedal is involved, but I'm at least getting used to upshifting and downshifting at the appropriate times.

[spoiler]even tried rev matching just for shits and giggles even tho it's not even close, I just hit the gas really hard in gear before downshifting and it sort of works[/spoiler]

Driving manual is easy and those manual drive modes are shit it's okay senpai

>even tried rev matching just for shits and giggles even tho it's not even close, I just hit the gas really hard in gear before downshifting and it sort of works
Not how it works, rev matching would be done with the clutch pressed in BETWEEN gear shifts [think of that like being in neutral], not in gear.

Either way what you're doing will teach you about powerbands, appropriate revs and such but the difficulty in driving manual is 90% clutch. Those fake manual mods also won't let you stall or moneyshift.

>Not how it works, rev matching would be done with the clutch pressed in BETWEEN gear shifts [think of that like being in neutral], not in gear.
I know that, that's why I had it's not even close.

I manual shift my automatic sometimes when I need the engine braking or when I need to escape the bordem that is driving a auto shitbox. Pretty sure doing that regularly will wear out the transmission though. Manually shifting an automatic is kind of an oxymoron.

>doing that regularly will wear out the transmission though

Things that aren't actually true

Just drive a manual car OP

>Pretty sure doing that regularly will wear out the transmission though

[citation needed]

At least you want to learn some fundamentals, but you will never get the full experience without a 3rd pedal. My advise find a buddy or family member with a manual car and learn on it. Then find a low power car and get fully taught.

just keep driving an automatic, you don't need to hassle with changing gears every 1500 rpm

fuck i hate europe

No, see >the difficulty in driving manual is 90% clutch
Also, you need to memorize the movements to get into each gear as well as knowing how to pick right gear when you're not shifting sequentially - e.g. in 5th, lots of braking before intersection, but not completely stopped, wat gear?

>will this help ease my mindset in manual mode
No. No clutch, is there?

When in doubt, choose second under 15mph. Above that go third gear.

>Also, you need to memorize the movements to get into each gear
No, that's just floor the clutch; the only time you should be slipping it is starting from a stop.
> e.g. in 5th, lots of braking before intersection, but not completely stopped, wat gear?
Personally I'll brake in gear until a little above idle then either revmatch-downshift to something appropriate if I'll be moving again or just pop it into neutral the rest of the way if stopping. You'll figure out what's appropriate when with practice.

>upshift is forward and downshift is backwards

is this how all manumatic shifters are? why? that's kind of stupid IMO. having driven an actual sequential vehicle it makes more sense to pull back for upshift and push forward for downshift, right?

>changing every 1500 rpms
where are your torks m8

>up is upshift
>down is downshift
>it doesnt make sense guys!

Wait, what's that + and - for?

Try mimicking clutch action as well. Usually it has comparatively very long travel with all the action happening when it's almost released. Jam your left foot in floor when braking and before shifts. Ease it out when rolling off and after shifts.

>forward now means "up"

Well then you're retarded, I never ever think of downshift as "forward". I think of it as "downshift".

You've clearly never driven a SQM then.

who gives a fuck faggot, I actually drive stick.

yeah, and what happens when you downshift from 3rd to 2nd or 5th to 4th retard?

Fucking retard

Manual is too much of a hassle for daily driving, get a manual weekend project car instead.

t. teenage girl

How retarded can you get? Too much hassle?

All you have to do is push a pedal and move your fucking arm

Try justifying that for everyday stop and go traffic during rush hour you underage faggot.

>How to tell someone's never driven a manuel before

its easy faggot. all you do is move your left foot

What a bunch of triggered aspies. Kek.

Are you 12 years old?

>not letting it scream in second gear to avoid changing

The ironic thing is youre probably closer to 12 than I am and most likely ride the bus.

which runs faster the VF-25 or the VF-1?

pic related its the VF-1

which pack am i better off with?

Shinsei Industries SPS-25S/MF25 High-maneuverability Super FAST pack.

Shinsei Industries APS-25A/MF25 Armored pack

ornado pack. ROV-E75X swiveling/rotating beam cannon turret.

Fucking faggot

YACK DECULTURE

Won't teach you anything about driving manual at all.

the hardest part is using two feet and two hands doing different things at the same time, which you can only learn by doing.

VF-1
4 speed manual
A/C is optional extra
No electric window

Gundam RX 78
5 speed manual
A/C is standard
Electric window, central lock
EFi (upgrade able by tim-Ray)

50% Clutch and 50% throttle control is more like it

>list of stick drivers who can shift 2-3-4-5-6 smoothly: >(too long)
>list of stick drivers who can do a buttery smooth takeoff without slipping the clutch for fucking ever:

Oh, and this body kit is available to reduce performance, but look at all those extra lights!

Greetings from /m/.

Basically all SMGs shift up by pulling towards you, it's faster. Reverse linkage motorcycle boxes are basically the only exception I can think of.

Boring... Since 80
Now a day see /mlp/ instead
Haha!

>Moneyshift