Not sure if this is Veeky Forums related but it is technically a vehicle so w/e

Not sure if this is Veeky Forums related but it is technically a vehicle so w/e.

There is water leaking into my boat every time I take it out on water. It pools throughout the underside of boat and into the engine bay. I changed drain plug but it still happens. I'm about to post a second pic of the two live well holes next to drain plug and I want to know if water can come through these holes into the boat. Thanks

Here's the two holes. Could water be coming into these holes and into boat?

Bilge pump working at full capacity?

and considering the wear, i can say water has been coming through there..

I'm not sure if bilge pump works but water shouldn't be getting in there in the first place right?

And Water has been coming through where exactly? Through the actual open hole?

sell that piece of shit.

That means there is a hole in your boat. Find where the water is coming in, and seal it.

all aluminum? maybe a bad weld. can check the fittings, etc. also check the engine bracket where it through bolts.

Basically you just have to track it down. You can also fill the bilge with water while the hull is dry and see where it leaks from the reverse side.

So does it have nothing to do with the two holes in my pic? And when you say fittings do you mean the area around where the two holes are?

How do I fill the bilge with water?

It may or may not. I mean you could have cross threaded the drain plugs, maybe the actual drain plug assembly is leaking water (the threaded part that attaches to the boat).

While the boat is dry on the trailer back at your house, you can put a hose in it up to the drain plug line and then see if water leaks out and where from. It won't take much water in that thing.

You might find it coming out of the actual hole, or around the drain plug fitting, or maybe a weld someplace if there is one below the waterline..

Here's the inside if it helps, I noticed the my live wells get water in them even though the aerator isn't turned on/doesn't work. Could it be the tube that connects the live well to the back of the boat is bad?

Thanks all for your help

It absolutely could be. Hoses dry out, they rot, etc. Hose clamps that attaches the hose could be getting lose.

It's basically a search and discover thing.

Get one of those 'twisty' drain plugs. It has a mechanism that expands the rubber plug to seal better.

Thanks for that, could I just pour water into the live well and see if it it leaks water anywhere? Would that do the same thing? Although the hose part of the boat isn't where the water from livewell comes out, it's the other wierd hole the the slot in it

it

Yes. Fill your bilge up. Fill your live well up. Check for leaks everywhere!

Bust
Out
Another
Thousand

If I find out that it's something to do with my live well, can I just plug up the live well drain hole in the back of the boat so water won't go into it in the first place?

And if so how can I deal it? I can't put a drain plug in because it is a wierd slot shape, do they sell livewellbspecific drain plugs? Could I buy some sort of sealant?

Also what's the water hose looking thing that sticks out by the drain plug?

Yes, but only fill the water to the waterline where the boat sits, don't go above that as the boat isn't designed to hold that much weight.

so the best way to find a leak is with UV
I've used this method with radiators and door seals

so you would throw a few buckets of UV liquid into your bilge or wherever you are finding water and then scan the outside with a UV light/glasses

every little drop would show up bright as daylight
then you just seal that shit with some silicon

>If I find out that it's something to do with my live well, can I just plug up the live well drain hole in the back of the boat so water won't go into it in the first place?
You could. But once you find the leak it might just be a bit of silicon is all you need. Or if its something in the hull maybe a quick repair there.

>And if so how can I deal it? I can't put a drain plug in because it is a wierd slot shape, do they sell livewellbspecific drain plugs? Could I buy some sort of sealant?
There isn't a seacock on the inside? Generally there is a valve that you can close. I think even marine standards dictate that anywhere you have a hole in the boat you also have a seacock right there.

>Also what's the water hose looking thing that sticks out by the drain plug?
Not sure, I thought it was the inlet for the livewell.

So the inlet for the live well is separate from the outlet of the drain well, thanks I learned something new.
Is pic related seacocks? The things with levers on them? One for the bilge pump and one for the live well inlet?

So if it is the live well that is leaking I could just turn the seacock lever and that would stop water from coming in at all? I'd be free from leakage?

Yep, those are them.

Can check all those hoses for leaks too, as they are potentially dried out (can't tell from photo) or maybe the hose clamps are a bit lose. All of that is stuff to check.

Yep.

Thank you so fucking much! I love you!

I haven't tested the boat in water yet but most people say it's probably the live well so I think you just fixed my problem!

L-love you too.

Good luck!

Never mind... Seasick was already on lock mode.. Fuck

Told ya Veeky Forums could be useful. They helped me fix my weed whacker

Seacock*

Nvm, well getting closer

Lol

Lol
Maybe seasick doesn't work? Because it was on lock mode but I still got water in my live well from driving it in lake

*seacock*

>Maybe seasick doesn't work? Because it was on lock mode but I still got water in my live well from driving it in lake
It's possible. There is an inlet and an outlet/drain, right? So make sure both are locked.

Finding leaks on the boats can be pretty tedious but the next step really is just going through everything one by one. Or making sure the boat is dry when you dunk it in the water and seeing if you can see where water starts to come in from (making someone backs the truck up extremely slowly while you are in the boat looking at the bilge seeing where water comes from). Check the mounting bolts on your outboard engine also.

That said, the easiest thing still to do is to load it on the trailer, make sure the hull is dry (let it dry out and water evaporate) and then put a hose in the livewell and see where it leaks. If not livewell leak then put the hose in the bilge and fill it up to about where the waterline is on the boat. Don't fill it more than that. Remember that water is heavy, and there are limits to what your boat AND the trailer can take. you don't want to pop the tires or fuck up the trailer. It shouldn't take very much water to get above the drain plugs which is probably all you need.

Also I imagine there is a livewell pump too? that's another thing to check. Again, it's basically just tracing the steps water can take. The hoses are a common thing to leak too. They get dry and crack.