post & discuss vans

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QZx-8tBdCNI
barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1966-DODGE-TRADESMAN-A-100-188806
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a great van.

Why not get a Bedford Rascal?

Wasn't that rebadged as Suzuki's Carry?

I'd love one. I just wanna spam pics of cool vans tho.

Pic related is one of my favorite body styles. Late 90's Vamos.

who is this inbred island autist that keeps forcing this shit

cutest van comin thru

It's a great van user.

[synthwave plays in background]

Most 80's nipnong vans are pretty qt IMHO

>tfw new generation vans are no longer comfy and are only marketed to soccer moms who've shat out 12 kids

One of the most unreliable MB products ever.

My ice cream van is a MB100 and it always breaks.

Nissan NV200 is breddy comfy dude, and only $20k and 24-26 MPG it's a pretty economically sound choice for a DD.

I'm considering buying one to use as my Uber car.

Beautiful

I just want a nice VW bus

vans are literally autism on wheels

sage this shit guys

unsage

>implying you don't want a camper van

>CVT
I'd rather have AIDS. Nissan CVTs are notoriously unreliable

agreed, I'd rather a Ford Transit Connect. Much better van.

Fuck yeah Trans Sport! I drove a pussywagon in gold just like this in High School. I miss that thing to this day.

Delica is love

Delica is life

did somebody say vans

What advantages does a van have over a truck? Why would you risk looking like a homo soccer mom cuck when you can get a manly truck?

Slow, noisy, uncomfortable, no fuel economy to speak of, gearbox shat itself ten minutes into our ownership, lights were crap... but goddamn if it couldn't haul nine fat guys & the rear filled with beercans, tents and dragon dildos anywhere

I've been looking for the name of this thing for so long. I saw one irl a while back and fell in love

>Living down by the river intensifies

Which one do you sell ice cream out of?

>other actors barely keeping their shit together

timeless

>implying they're all mine

fucking want one so bad but i am scared of the unreliability

Those are utter shit m8.
Mitsubishi perpetually screws themselves by making everything worse than the competitor.

Gotta get one of these cozy fuckers. I don't care what it takes.

God damn it its this fucking kid again.

Yeah pay attention to him more. That'll help.

>you will never own one of Toyota's Ace series of vans
>you will never own any of the iconic 80's and 90's designs
>Craigslist will forever be crammed full of white Econoline series vans made within the past 15 years

It's the Cadillac of minivans

>you will never own a Westfalia T3 VW van
Shit hurts user

Your high man,

I have been driving a $600 1991 astro for 3 years now with basically no break downs. Keep oil in them and they go forever.

7 seats vs 2 seats and midget seat

Don't try and tell me that extended cabs are comfortable either.

I really want an 89 Dodge Grand Caravan that came with the turbo-k and 5-speed transmission for the purposes of roadtripping or even regular van stuff, but it's hard to find any Dodge Caravan or Plymouth Voyager that has that engine and trans combo from factory, and I think the long wheelbase versions were exclusively auto V6's.

My dad had a 90 when I was a kid. He drove the wheels off of that fucker.

Pontiac Trans Sport
Oldsmobile Silhouette
Chevrolet Lumina APV

youtube.com/watch?v=QZx-8tBdCNI

my buddy

>American vans have seats and windows instead of cargo space
Thats Japan level of crazy

>landbarge levels of distance between bumper and dashboard
>but it's all one angle that's impossible to see the end of
Another genius idea by GM.

da phuc

More likely that people who talk mad shit about Mitsu, don't know how to read and keep a clean maintenance schedule.
Fuck those cunts.

>his favorite manufacturer doesn't produce rally worthy 4x4 vans

Thats almost too small to be a kei car van

>tfw you will never own a van which was also produced as a unibody pickup with its own pickup bed as the trailer

Sambar pls

The madder, the better.

>that interior space
>CVT
>ghosnissan

Fuck I want it

dam

Break out the cash

barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1966-DODGE-TRADESMAN-A-100-188806

Bongvan

that better be amphibious

van sleep is best sleep

anyone else vouch? i heard they have issues with transmission and other stupid little shit goes wrong with them.

There are a fuckton in low mileage condition ranging from $2000-3000 in Commifornia.

Van thread?
I've been really looking for the right, cheap van to get lately, honestly really love the toyota previa, but they only show up for sale every now and then.

I've been thinking more about spending more money and maybe getting a VW Vanagon. I know that they are super bad ass vans, but wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

Are they a pain to maintain, being VW and all? are parts $$$$? main reason i had been looking at toyota cause I know maintenance will be cheap af.

vans rock

for half the money you'd spend on a vanagon you could import a low mileage jdm van and probably be a lot happier with it

so, wheres the rascal post? someones slacking

>Are they a pain to maintain, being VW and all? are parts $$$$?

I would think the ones from the air cooled era would be pretty cheap to work on. That said, they command a pretty steep price.

Looking at a vanagon for 3500.

Where do you import vans? website?

3500 is lower than i thought, where do you live?

Trans are the weak point, but its the 700r and can be had for dirt dirt cheap if needed. Shits like $900 out the door for a rebuilt trans INSTALLED in every major city.

Thats if you dont want to do it yourself. So many were made, every junk yard has 5-10 on hand so any part you could ever need is dirt dirt cheap and easy to find.

Rides like shit. Rear leaf springs. Weird special snowflake D rated tires.

If you dint care about driving a slow work van then go for it.

sf bay area, yeah it's kinda surprising. most of them on cl are a lot higher, but i may go check this one out and see what's wrong with it

Bro my buddy had one of these converted into a AAA battery service van. Fucker gave up its ghost at 399,000. Running on 5 cylinders for about its last 50k with a flashing Engine light. Fucker was hard to kill.

>you will never travel the land in a camper van with your dog seeing the sites

Literally my fucking dream.

ok vanbr/o/s a toyota liteace is up for sale in my neighborhood, condition from what my eyes can see is a 3.5/10 (interior was and had trash, no driver seat lol) but unknown condition of drivetrain or body, would be worth it, kinda like a summer project sorta way?

>tfw I want a van as my first car
>tfw everyone looks at me like I'm fucking insane for saying that
I never cared about performance, just comfort, reliability, and versatility. The only sorts of vehicles which fit that description are vans or trucks.

Thats a MPV not a van. Basically a minivan hatchback crossover.

This. So fucking hard.

My family rolled around in a gray one in the 90's and early 2000s.
Big comfy chairs, back seat folded into a bed, fucking blinds and curtains, 6 inch black and white tv so we could watch sonic on the way to school, had a little cabinet were we kept pop tarts in case we didn't have time for breakfast.
It could be -20 outside and it would start right up.
Cried when my dad sold it in 2004, we simply didn't need it anymore since our new school district had a bus service and the fact that the friends that rode with us were 1000 miles away now.

Besides, it's not like a van can't be fast

I would love to learn more about this thing. Ford van on top, trans am on the bottom? Just noticed it does't have mirrors

I love the idea of a van. Make a small RV out of it, small tv, spots for your video game consoles. I just wish most of them got decent mileage.

Looks like I may be looking for a Transit Connect then...

>video game consoles
You're doing it wrong

I ignored the small kitchenette and bed/couch combo, but the point stands

They were very popular in Poland, now they are almost completely gone. There is(or was) even one in my village. Remember, Pontiac brand gives you +10 to speed.

My two tone astro that is campered out.
I dont really have any pictures of the inside setup, but its real basic and easily removable to fit motorcycles inside.

Transit Connects are deceivingly small on the inside, and the side doors on both sides honestly makes camping it out a bit harder.

Not to be a fanboy here, but Astros are super cheap, have equal or more space and get a solid 20mpg.