/xcg/ - XCOM General

Ded edition

Previous Campaign: →

News:
1) Long War Studios just released the Long War Alien Pack:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=577474474

2) Evolution Expansion for XCOM: The Board Game
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/5/its-us-or-them/

3) Long War Studios have released their Laser Weapons Pack and Perk Pack.
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=712967878
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=719109968

4) Julian Gollop is working on his new game Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression much akin to XCOM. Lobstermen are confirmed.
>twitter.com/Phoenix_Point
>phoenixpoint.info/
>pcgamer.com/julian-gollop-announces-new-game-phoenix-point/

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

XCOM2 modlist, outdated, but still good for the basics:
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Library - contains all 180 mods from the modlist:
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

Other urls found in this thread:

scdkey.com/xcom-2-digital-deluxe-steam-cd-key_1276-20.html?gclid=CIjU9aeOws4CFQZkhgodJOQNsA
pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Xth for MISSED !

Come on OP, we only had one legitimate ded last campaign.

See ya space cowboy.

> one of my first rookies
> racked up dozens of kills and could one shot a mech and very rarely missed.
> became a major
> took out the floor he was on and fell to his death taking a berserker with him

I'm an actual failure and here's the actual last thread: Fug

ayy?

> tfw the game auto generates egoraptor

>ded so hard no one could even find a picture of him
Damn, nigga got it hard.

/xcg/, I have the memory of a retarded pigeon.
What is it that triggers the UFO hunting the Avenger? The foundry? Skullfucking a codex?

>gunner with holo targeting and rapid reaction
>berserker appears
>first shot holo tergetted 7 damage
>rapid reaction
>7 damage again
>7 damage again
>berzerker ded
i love this guy

pic of him, earlier in the game, but never changed his outfit

Any of the story missions, I think. Just depends on your luck.

Reminder that XCOM 2 ripped off the BIGBLOCKYARMOR designs
:^)

Long war research priorities? I'm thinking alien weps -> beam

They ripped off Minecraft? THE BASTARDS

i have 48 hours into the first xcom and played other tactical shooters like jagged alliance and hammer & sickle.

would someone be so nice and tell me if it's worth to get xcom 2 in the steam sale and what are the differences and improvements to the first one?

>tactical shooters

>7+7+7
>zerker ded
How's babby difficulty treating you?

Might be long war

whens xcom 3

>i have 48 hours into the first xcom
I'm assuming you had the EW expansion. Did you try LW at all?

>differences
Much faster pace
Overall more complex and well-thought-out than EU /EW
Lots more RNG on the strategic layer
You gotta go fast or die
Far more dangerous ayys (this can be both good and bad)
Proper modding support
No, seriously, the timers
Supporting cast isn't as likeable

>rapid reaction
Nyet.

EXALT
X
A
L
T

That's a hell of a screen cap, user. I have to criticize you a bit though: no glasses on anyone is shameful.

>backup grenadier levels up
>knew he got grazing fire through AWC
>cheating
>check out skills for no reason
>also has infighter

It's absolute shit and I don't mind an extra extra ability but, the fuck?

SNEK

Acknowledged, I'll add glasses EXALT in the next playthrough

REMOVE

That's more like it.

why is she sad, user?

Because of this guy and his rampant hatred.

That face when you have to explain to all your little snakelets why they can't go to school today, because XSCUM bombed the facility.

Hey it's on sale for 50% off

Ehh, don't listen to that other user, I don't think it looks as good as
Listen to your heart, user.

Problem is that EXALT canonically wears black glasses. If you want to EXALTcom, you need the shades. Just how things are.

God damn Repeaters are OP. That's the 3rd time I've 1 shot a Sectapod now

Most exalt don't have any eye wear.

...are you from an alternate universe?

Remember, I don't hate YOU personally.
I'm willing to take the chance that you've simply been brainwashed into supporting the alien scum like many others.
You might be saved yet.
Snek must still be beheaded however, both for your safety and mankind's.

I am, since apparently in my copy of EW, EXALT always wore glasses. I have some screen caps on my old laptop, I may dig them out when I can be arsed to do so.

Are you unable to confess?

they had squinty black eyes and wrinkled faces
if you had a shitty toaster, or a small screen, or never dicked around with the improved long war camera controls, you probably mistook their face for shades

Xenobio first always, countries will request sectoid corpses and give scientists once you have it done.

Probably all three. I played EW on a toaster the likes of which has ne'er been seen before.

i still have it i am poor like rock

Is this gonna be the cheapest legit copy I'll get?

scdkey.com/xcom-2-digital-deluxe-steam-cd-key_1276-20.html?gclid=CIjU9aeOws4CFQZkhgodJOQNsA

why not just pirate it

>inb4
>>>>>>>>>>>>multiplayer

Too lazy to install the mods manually

>2 blocks left before avatar completes
>gorilla op
>faceless, padding or reinforcements
>faceless and padding or fucking protect the device
>choose the sane hacking mission
>normal op, no skullfucks or anything different
>councilman screen
>dark event countered: rapid deployment, avatar
>avatar is written in red
>what
>open geoscape
>suddenly one block left
>Commander, the aliens continue to be dicks
>camera pan
>alien victory imminent

WHAT

not even pirate scum but it's literally copying folders

pretty sure not all mods are on nexus

very few are

>implying you can't get steam mods even as a pirate

Those in the OP are outdated, but that's not the only place to get them.

sounds like a hassle m8 I'd rather just spend the 30 bux

Post lineups!

Is Salvo or Rapid Deployment the better choice here? I usually take salvo in vanilla but I took sting grenades and flashbanger so maybe Rapid Deploy is a better pick.

>trying out some difficulty mods
>get squad wiped on the first council mission
well then

Ok.

My game crashed during a civilion rescue mission.

When I booted it back up all my save data was gone except for my moe as fuck character pools.

Did steam cloud synching cause this? Or the 125 mods I have that have no conflicts whatsoever?

Should I put my power relay under my gts so I can put a gremlin there when I build a workshop, or just put it next to the awc and put the proving ground under the gts?

Doesn't really matter, if you're going to build everything, the first power relay is only temporary.
For maximum efficiency, have four staffable slots near the workshop. Generally speaking, plan it so you have a comm center and a power relay adjacent, since you'll always have at least one of each maxed out.
I'd say put a relay where you're excavating now under the GTS, workshop under AWC, comm center under paused excavation, whatever you want under the workshop. After you build relays on coils, tear down the first relay and build psi or whatever.
That's of you need a workshop right now. Otherwise wait and build it on level three of the center column.
Relay wherever.

YOU ARE EXALT

AND YOU'RE GONNA END THIS

HUMANITY IS COUNTING ON THIS, PEOPLE

When the expansion comes, it needs to give us some more EXALT stuff.

has the expansion been confirmed yet?

We've had nothing outside of the leaked SDK stuff, which made it seem like it would be TFTD(some assets were for a submerged city if I recall).

This is Firaxis we're talking about. Even Civ Beyond Earth got one and I would love it if it got another one

How is the Long War Leader Pack by itself?

decent but not game-changing

it's a small thing but it is pretty cool

Meh-tastic.

Is the gunslinger (LW pack) perk any good?

I've never really heard of this. I've heard of campaign saves going bad before.

No, though they recently said that XCOM2 PC edition has more content coming, paid and free. So more stuff is confirmed, just not what shape it will be. But honestly, we "know" there will be an expansion.

>yfw it's a separate game instead of an expansion

>XCOM2 PC edition has more content coming, paid and free
Did you read what I said?

This game is so atmospheric.

>see a few voicepacks for foreign languages from other games like BF4 and STALKER
>mod author admits he doesn't understand the languages at all and just threw the lines in randomly
>don't speak the languages either but have second thoughts because of that
Am I just autistic? Also whatever happened to that International Voice Pack, they don't seem to have gotten anywhere in months.

Maybe i havent heard of it, but is there anyway to make set mod lists?

Ive got a casual set i use with my brother (no avatar project, no ABA/Long dong ayys, etc) and i hate going through and checking the mod list over and over every time we play

I remember early on having more mods would degrade performance because of some bug with the modding tools, is that still a thing?

Use the alternate mod launcher. You can save profiles with it, and you can organize your mods into categories.

They now degrade performance normally which running 100-200 mods is totally fine, if not more. So yeah, the modding community fixed it.

>So yeah, the modding community fixed it.
For all of them or just the ones that have been updated more recently?

I guess I'm not 100% certain on that. Most mods that are still working would have been fixed because DLC would often break stuff, so if people didn't update their mod no one would use them. Just check the last update date, and if it looks really old, check the comments to make sure the mod is still working order.

Its not an issue I've heard come up for months though, so chances are any mods not completed neglected don't have this issue.

use the alternative mod launcher
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

i can confirm that the game loads a lot faster if i dissable all my 160+ mods
i suspect its because i only have 4gb of ram on my machine

Pistols are REALLY Useful.

The triple bump, very rare

ADVENT would not support this kind of degeneracy.

Yeah, I know. Dreads are foul.

All right, where is the user that said that they would start a Superhuman Piratez campaign if I did? I'm doing it with the latest version as per my roll last night.

Is it on?

It's on. I'm doing a North Africa start, same as my last campaign. Hopefully that's still as optimized a start as it is in the vanilla game? Oh well, no more delays.

Our starting troops (as per tradition now I will be naming the best one after Combo Rashidova):

1) Godless Pie, a fucking rockstar

Rash Storm, an all around shitter except for TUs.

The new music is pretty good in this version.

Whacky Rushuna, just OK at everything except strength which is abysmal. Oh well. We'll get that trained real quick.

Immoral Hilda, great at all things shooting, throwing, and smacking, not so good at not panicking and carrying things.

Lethal Cook (would probably be my name in the piratez universe), a good runner, but cowardly and not great at putting bullets in doodz. Hopefully she gains some courage as she sees our successes. (The starter 6 troops appear to be free now, as opposed to earlier versions, so in addition to sentimental value it makes sense to try to keep them alive.)

So this is the worst thrower in my initial group... I wonder if they raised the starting minimum.

Aight. Not sure how much of this campaign I'll post besides whether I'm getting my ass kicked or not. Its pretty late where I am, so I'll be starting tomorrow.

Clearly not.

Howlin Linda, very brave, not so good with playing catch. Pretty good other than that though.

Are you going with country coverage over landmass coverage there? Just asking, I'm not sure what the optimal strategy is for this game even being halfway through a .99 campaign. And curious what starting locations others think are best.

Same, I'll probably only post highlights from the first mission, but we'll see.

I did a normal .99a campaign for a year. Thing is, radar coverage really doesn't matter initially because with your small radar and trash bus, its pretty hard to get any landed ufos at first and you can't shoot anything down. Since your main staple of missions are the generated ones, like ratman rodeo, warehouse wars, and scorpion hunt, I am going off the theory that it is better to optimize your first base for optimal coverage with the max radar range instead of your starting small cover.

Once I get the overcharged radar, I'll cover all of Europe with a nice chunk of asia and africa. If I was going for pure country coverage for the initial radar range, I'd start near southern Germany. As it is, I usually dedicate my bases to make sure they can cover at least all of one continent.

tl;dr I think Initial radar coverage doesn't matter and once I get the big radar I'll cover all of Europe and more.