Accident Thread

Have you guys ever been in an accident? If so, share your story.

Just today, I majorly fucked up. I put my 944 through my neighbor's fence. I was trying to get it started after it sat for awhile, and didn't realize I left it in gear. The car is my project and doesn't have working brakes. I ended up reving it and it rolled down the small slope from my driveway.

-Pic related, my 944

Holy fuck you should be atripfag now

>doesn't have brakes

Good god.

Bummer.
I once had my park brake fail on a small hill.
Luckily I was close enough to hop in and stop it.
Bout pooped my pants though.

Well the brakes are old and the calipers are seized.

>tfw you just witnessed the birth of an Veeky Forums meme

your neighbor HAS to be somewhat understanding right

Could've been a lot worse.

When I worked at a Toyota dealership, I got someone else to move a car off a hoist that I'd just done front pads on. I was in a massive hurry (because that place was a constant clusterfuck) and I hadn't pumped the pedal back up to take up the slack in the system.
The apprentice who moved it usually drives a manual, which might be why he started it without having his foot on the brake. Being a cold motor, it was doing about 2,500rpm when he selected R and went flying back into the workshop ute...

Just man up and pay for it, it's not that big of a deal. You only took out one section of fence, replacing it shouldn't be a big deal.

I've got a few more pics of the damage, I'm most worried about the the split in the metal and cracked windshield, the hood was open when it happened.

Man where are your fucking chocks and 2x4s don't count

Yes, that's what insurance is for
I went and bought new lumber

Are you going to put it up for him too

They know a contractor and want to use him, but I don't want to pay more than I have to

>wreck your shit like a moron
>accidents happen guise, that's what insurance is for!!
Kill urself senpai you don't belong here. Enjoy having that piece of shit written off.

parked under a tree on a VERY windy thursday night.

Insurance appraised my shitbox at $4.5k, used that money to buy a civic SI

It was a shitbox track car before it sat. I couldn't care less if it got written off.

Haha bro, you didn't use chocks on a car with no brakes and you plowed through their yard, pay what you have to, which is restoring the fence to its entirety and equal value

>Veeky Forums in charge of automobiles

embarrassing

>18
>unexperienced
>mothers Saab on super shit Dunlop studless
>sloped turn
>heavy snow ontop of black ice

Front slipped to the outside, I slammed my brakes, rear came around and dragged me into the ditch. I was way below the speed limit, but still too fast for the conditions

I'm fully aware of that, I meant I was going to build the fence myself, not hire some Mexicans to do it for me.

So you have all the tools and level that you need and a back hoe for posts?

I didn't take out any posts, I went in between them, and I have a garage and basement full of tools

Nigga you cant even start a car without fucking up. How the fuck do you think your going to build a fence? You NEED Mexicans to do it for you.

>missed the tree
>missed both fence post
>stopped before hitting the deck

fuk u salty bout nigga?

>unexperienced
Jesus fucking christ. Did you ever take a grammar class?

>pic related

>no brakes
>bent A-pillar
>TORN COWL
>fucked up hood
>busted windshield
>fucked up fender and bumper

Looks like it's ready to be sold for $500 to a LeMons team.

Its been a while, I'll admit. Haven't had english in school since I was 16

I'm allowed to make a few mistakes here and there when its not my first language

Thanks for being a cool guy

Trees are the worst thing ever. All they do is break off limbs and fall over and destroy stuff.
>Select all images with trees.
Fuck you.

>back hoe for posts

Do you mean a set of post hole diggers? Why the fuck would you need a back hoe for putting in posts for a privacy fence?

>October 30th, 2014
>sitting at a red light behind a blue Hyundai
>suddenly feel a hit from behind and a large jerk forward
>got rear ended by a big ass van
>the girl driving said she just wasn't paying attention and was really sorry
>the girl in front was crying like crazy and being annoying (I gave her a slight tap)

Used the money that I got from insurance to get a new Jeep, then:

>October 30th, 2015 (I shit you not)
>on my way home from McDonalds
>coming up to an intersection where I have the green light, but I see someone on the right side start to pull out into the street
>assume they're going to stop once they notice me, but I slow down anyway
>now doing 30 in a 45
>person keeps on driving and even accelerates as I get closer
>pull as far as I can to the left to try and avoid them
>just barely pass them, then suddenly feel a heavy hit to the right rear side
>Jeep ends up rolling over at 30mph
>strangest thing I remember was seeing all the sparks fly up from the hood scraping on the ground and feeling tiny shards of glass, almost like sand, hitting my face
>Jeep rights itself and stops on the curb
>turns out she was drunk and didn't see me

I then used that money to buy a newer, better V8 Jeep (last one was a V6 with more mileage). I'm actually happy about the situation :)

>Pull into parking lot
>car in front of me waiting for a spot to open up
>my ass about 2 feet on the road
>maneuver a bit to clear the road
>car in front gone, pull in
>SSSCCCRAAAATCHHH
>there's a concrete wall about a foot high between the parking lot and the sidewalk that I completely forgot about
>the angle I was at initially wouldn't have been a problem, but after clearing the road I scraped a couple of inches of the passenger door and the rear quarter panel
>leave the car at the body shop literally a mile down the road
>they want to get me a used door, weld in a piece of quarter panel and paint everything for quite cheap
>inform insurance about what happened
>couple days later, car already at the paint shop
>insurance calls to tell me how much they sold my car for to a scrapyard
>LOLWAT
>tell the dumbfucks it's not totalled and already repaired
>insurance doesn't want to pay for the repair because a new door + new quarter panel + paintjob is more money than what the scrap yard paid them
>M8 WAT
>eventually got my money back and my perfectly mended car didn't get scrapped after arguing back and forth over the phone forever

>not drifting to safety

>literally treequinox'd

>Putting in posts 8inches deep
That's a shit fence

You realize you can dig down 2-3 ft deep with those don't you?

>Rent a back hoe for 2 hours all done
> Vs Still putting in fence posts by hand days later

>renting a backhoe for only 1-2 fence posts
>renting a backhoe instead of something with an auger attachment

Here's a trip you can use.

You never said augar till now

>takes days to put in 0 fence posts because OP didn't run over one
Jesus.
Also
>takes days to put in a few fence posts
Are you that out of shape? It didn't take me more than an hour and a half to do 5 three foot deep holes and put the posts in the ground, all in the shitty clay in our back yard.

I agree. You must be a lazy fuck if you only have a few posts to dig and you go and rent a backhoe.

I had a friend do something similar. He was working on a truck at another friend's place and they had removed the front calipers because they were seized.

I was with him when he went to move the truck closer to the garage (about 100 feet downhill). He figured the rear drums would be enough for such a short move, but couldn't stop it before it smashed into the front of the second guy's father's restoration project. Turns out no one had checked to see if there was any brake fluid, which of course, there wasn't.

He didn't do too much damage, though, and ended up only having to replace the hood of the truck he dented.

RIP 944 bro

try not to be a double nigger next time