/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Memelord Edition

PREY SLAUGHTERED >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

alexroe.bandcamp.com/album/night-of-the-hunt
youtu.be/rhSFuPgf2uY
mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/18417
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for PURGE VILEBLOOD FILTH

I am so fucking good at this game. I am the fucking king. I once tried to die pressing the dpad up to deplete my life but when I was about to die the game fucking exploded and my tv told me that I am the fucking best player in the world and cannot die no matter how much I woukd try to be bad. I am so fucking good at this game.

Reminder: Just like the original, it's best to simply ignore it until it goes away.

Is the saw spear a strength or skill weapon, or both? What I'm looking at says Str 7 D and skill 8 D. I get that the number is the minimum to wield but what's up with the letters? Kind of a weird way to represent a stat.

The letter represents how well the weapon scales with that stat. They'll usually go up when you upgrade the weapon as well. The Saw Spear is a skill/quality weapon, the counterpart to the Saw Cleaver, which is a strength/quality weapon.

The difference between tripfag and king tranny is that occasionally the former had a half decent piece of advice, even if he wrapped it in his authentic blend of shit.

So A is best yeah?

Some weapons get scaling all the way up to S. Off the top of my head there are Logarius' Wheel, Whirligig Saw and Kos Parasite, but there might be others that I'm not thinking of right now.

quick question, you know that locked gate right outside the sickroom, how do you unlock it?

Explore well throughout the whole game and you'll find out.

If you really, really want a hint be very careful in the woods.

The Chikage, Simon's Bowblade and the Bloodletter get S scaling with BLT, and the Bowblade has an S scaling with SKL as well. BoM gets an S scaling with SKL too.

Any tips for Orphan of Kos? His 2nd phase is fucking me up

You really need to learn his attacks and dodge most of them.

Also, make sure to only attack once or twice during his recovery, a third time he'll catch you and combo you.

Pretty easy to avoid his flying attacks, just roll under them.

Bait him into the ocean
This will make his Lightning attack more predictable as it always hits Kos's corpse back on the shore.
And theres less obstacles for you to get stuck on.

Well hey I just beat a boss on the first try. Witch of Hemwick. I'm still not entirely sure what the trick is, I just kept attacking whatever spawned.

Congratz, you just beat this game's Pinwheel.

Witches is pretty easy. If you let the Mad Things pile up they can get you, and the Witches have a stun bolt that opens you up for a near or total instakill, but if you avoid those it's the easiest fight in the game.

Pinwheel?
I never had more than two spawn at a time. Just used charged R2's with the axe mostly. Easy indeed.

>pinwheel
Easiest boss in Dark Souls 1. He's actually kinda difficult if you face him at a lower level, but the area before him is pretty tough for the beginning of the game, so almost all first time players come back way later, and end up completely destroying him.

Any particular advice regarding Caryll runes? Just now got the workshop tool.

The runes are all interchangeable and free to use and change whenever you want, honestly just mess around with them, slot new ones in, see what you like. I always take two stamina and one +4 vial runes. There's runes that do all kinds of stuff, but you need to search every nook and cranny for them, they can be easily overlooked. Someone are even only available in chalice dungeons.

They're pretty self-explanatory. You may find yourself switching them out based on the situation, but you'll probably find the ones that work best for your build and run with them. There are ones more obviously beneficial than others, and some that only apply for specific playstyles, so find the best ones for you.

Are there still people ringing for higher chalice dungeons

Anybody want to do Vicar Laurence?

Set a pass and I'll get ringing.

bbg

How do I Ludwig with +6 BoM and 20 skill?

Hit him and try not to get hit.

Ringing?

Beast blood pellets might help

Yep, ringing my small res.

I-I'm trying to be dramatic and saving my beast blood pellets until the second phase. Also going untricked until the second phase, too. pls no bully

I dunno what's wrong then

Every fucking tine with that inescapable combo

Okay, I see what the problem is then.

You're autistic.

Dropping by to see if y'all knew that Alex Roe's new Bloodborne tribute album "Night of the Hunt" just dropped (on bandcamp)

It's super sick

Fucking finally. Thanks

What kind of music is it?

Link us nigga

Link for anyone interested

It seems to be all orchestral

alexroe.bandcamp.com/album/night-of-the-hunt

It's basically a fan ost, just more music to go with the game.

*and choir

The song "Sacred Perish" has some elements which i think reference the character creation theme from Demon's Souls (Alex Roe is a big 'souls' fan).

In general his tracks are more immediate and dense than the game's ost so they're a bit more listenable outside the game imo. His song 'Mergo Reborn' (not on the new album) is one of my favorites from him, legit wish it was in the game.

youtu.be/rhSFuPgf2uY

I don't understand why they expect anyone to go down there early ever. It's full of skeletons you can't kill. There is very little hint I recall that blessed weapons do the trick. And you have so many leads in every other zone of the game you aren't going to think to come back until you've cleared Anor Londo and probably Seathe.

And if you DO you just opened a fukken pointless dead end for a useless upgrade anyway.

Catacombs is pretty easy to run through, and once you know where the Necromancers are. they're pretty easy to kill.

Kindling past 10 Estus really isn't useless either. I'd actually argue it's a good thing you're scared away by the skellies, because over 10 estus would be pretty broken till the second half of the game.

Instakills, inescapable combos, or getting smacked while drinking are how you mostly die in Dark Souls 1. Almost never for running out of estus.

This is pretty good, I like what I'm hearing. Thanks for sharing user.

It's good so far, but I'm waiting for more of a tune than just cacophonous orchestra and wailing chorus. That's one of my issues with Souls games, some themes are just so bland, DaS3 had that problem BIG time. Wolnir's theme had an atmosphere to it and Dancer's theme was very different to the usual 'epic chorus' shit.

The only games with that problem I'd say are DS2 and DS3. DS1 and Bloodborne are generally pretty good at keeping tunes despite the chorus.

Np dude

Yeah the Dark Souls series in particular has gotten this way imo. It's too formless and vague or could be applied to any boss rather than being tailored specifically to compliment it's own subject. If you have this problem with the album, it could just be because it's based off no specific subject, just general components of Bloodborne so it's just 'Bloodborne-y'. I think his stuff in general is very bold and interesting like this track

I don't think I have a favourite theme from DS2. The Majula theme was very nice, but no good boss themes.

Bloodborne might have some themes I'm not a personal fan of, but there's no denying they're all very distinct.

The guy has two more albums of Bloodborne-inspired stuff. Never heard of these before.

Majula was pretty comfy but Das2 suffered from the quantity over quality in both music and gameplay, the only boss themes I remember are Raime and Aldia out of the fuck ton presented. BB's begining with Father and Cleric beast left me with such a strong impression that the other souls games and their bosses couldn't match.

I need to revisit that OST again, there has to be more than the Majula theme

What happened to that horrible fuck?

He's in dsg right now

Got 40 VIT right now

Is this viable or should I just go ahead and UP to 50? since it's the "softcap" and I know HP gets halved in chalices

i want to kill simon for the bowblade early but i dont want to because hes cool what do i do

Strength

It's viable even in curse dungeons. Get an HP Rune or two to help deal with it.

Really, anywhere from 40-50 is fine. I like to aim for 45 because that leaves you at 1800 health, but my main build ended up having 41 vit with 1700 health because I needed points in other stats. I never feel like I don't have enough health though.

I'd suggest you level your other shit before putting anything else into vit and then seeing where your build is. If you still need more levels to hit your preferred or wanted meta, then you put it into vit to pad it out.

He fucked off to /dsg/ after we ignored him for long enough to get him to finally fucking leave. But now we have another one that somehow manages to be even worse.

rate my build /bbg/;

mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/18417

Do it anyway and be uncool forever.

ok Veeky Forums i'm a fucking chump... please help. Tried 20 times now, I just can't beat Paarl.

I can stagger him multiple times, and can get him to 1/4 on my own but once he goes buckwild with the voltage and gets super aggressive I can't even heal.

Fuck this fucker! ANy other advice? I can do cleric, glasscock, vicar, logarius, micolash, the one on my own, but fuck this asshole.

I'm l 30, using a +5 rifle spear, doing a bloodtinge build

Looks pretty good to me but I'm a newfag so my opinion isn't worth shit. I'd want more vitality but that may be the newfag talking.

Every time I fight Paarl he's a nigger until I change my strategy. You need to get under his chin. I forget how but if you get up in his face and make him do the swipe attack, you can dodge into him and come up under his chin almost every time. Which makes you safe from everything but the explosions. Wail on his head a little but to stun and break the electricity and then he's your bitch. If you're lucky, you can keep on his head, keep pounding him, and basically keep combo stunning him as he tries to reignite the electricity.

But get under his chin and bash his head.

Thank you. Do you think rifle spear is a bad choice? THe only two i'm using right now are saw cleaver and rifle spear

Haven't used rifle spear but I think a saw R1 has enough vertical to fuck his face up.

The trick is I know this and going back in on another NG run he still dilated my asshole a LOT before I relearned that trick. It's a night and day thing.

But everything good from this fight comes from getting in and under him and beating on his head. You can't easily skirmish with him.

If you have been doing birdgirl's route you can wear the yellow man's suit for lightning def.

i did it, it was really hard

What kind of build is it suppose to be? Move all the points from End and put it to either Vit, Strength, and/or Skill. If you're gonna twink then End shouldn't really matter.

At what point does skill falloff really start to happen? I have a +6 threaded cane and 25 skill. Assuming I consider upgrading the cane, at what point would I be wasting my time pumping skill?

Anyone need a hand?

Cane is pure Skill so you'll want 50 Skill, anymore above is useless as is with every other damage stat for weapons. Going above 50 for Arcane is good for tools though.

50 is about where you start wasting your time pumping on single-scaling weapons like the cane. 25 is good on the skill/str mixed ones, but 50 is what you want for a skill build like that.

Thank you again. I Feel like I fucked up with my specs... I'm lvl 34 and i have 17 in skill and 18 in bloodtinge, feel like that's worthless this early in the game, am i right?

Right, thanks. Might switch to blades of mercy, too. I've been having fun with skill.

You're good so far. End game you'll wanna go 25/50 Skl/Blt. Just treat it as a Skill build for now until you get at least 40 Bloodtinge and the Chikage upgraded.

Not him but coming from someone who's trying all types of build

It's really easy if you stick to one Stat for scale damage in the beginning and up to 25, everything else goes to VIT and whatever END you need

I use 13 END, 50 VIT, 25 (SCALE ATK stat) and the rest is usually whatever default stat it is

Note that Arcane and Bloodtinge is going to be hard as fuck to do damage unless you farm for gems giving you those types of damage boost

Wanna help me get the rakuyo on NG3?

Sure, pass?

ggb

ok "ggb" at lamp in a sec

I meant to specify the Hamlet lamp, sorry.

Yeah, I am reckoning at hamlet lamp for a while now

>reckoning
I mean ringin the small resonant

I'll try resetting.
If not then I guess my connection's too poor.

I'll admit I'm not all that sure yet, it's my first run so I'm still figuring out what I want, I think the END I set was really early on though

Yeah, I think my connection is too shit.
Thanks for your time though.

Ah so these are your stats currently? Well you're either gonna go 50/25 Str/Skl for Strength Quality or 25/50 for Skill Quality. End is good there but if you want more then don't go any higher than 20, with a Stamina rune or two you should have enough. Vit should be 40-50 with 1 or 2 HP Runes. You can leave Bloodtinge and Arcane alone for another playthrough. If you're gonna go 25/50 for Skill Quality then 10 Bloodtinge for the Reiterpallasch is good. 10 Arcane for the Logarius Wheel if 50/25 Strength Quality, 15 Arcane for a couple of Hunter Tools.

It's ok, hope you'll get it solo

I'll probably need to play a bit more before I decide between Strength Quality or Skill Quality(as I get a lot of mileage out of both the Axe and the Cane currently), but overall that looks like good advice

also let me say this; FUCK Bagmen!!!!

>tfw everyone of your builds are in the FRC dungeon farming so you can't escape it anymore

Unless I make a new build...

Going 25/25 Str/Skl for the rest of the game is good enough. Strength builds have the luck of turning almost any Skill weapon to Strength weapons with Heavy Abyssal gems, but those require finishing Chalice Dungeons and doing some grinding in FRC dungeons which will sound like a nightmare once you've reached to that point. Bagmen are brutal, but there are definitely worse things.

oh I'm aware there's worse(Executioners, Bell Witches, most of the Chalice Dungeon exclusive enemies), but they're still obnoxious(both with how much damage they deal, and when fought outside of Chalice Dungeons how much health they have)

>attack them
>when they start to rage circle strafe
>get free charge and visceral
>chain in before they get back up

Pretty easy really

Anyone wants to coop/help?

>this thread always so dead
>/dsg/ always so alive
we brought this upon ourselves
BB2 when

No PS+ ;_;

This >tfw trying to take Ludwig with Valtr and still getting my shit kicked in