Does car shopping stress you out? I'm seriously frustrated with it, and curious about the rest of you guys

Does car shopping stress you out? I'm seriously frustrated with it, and curious about the rest of you guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com/p/isuzu/isuzu-trooper-4x4-rwd-jeep-off-on-road-1-carefull-owner-7-seater-3.0-td-dohc-swap-p.x-swap-why-/1170628956
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No. I love shopping for cars. I peruse Craigslist and autotrader daily. I don't have shit taste so cars I'd buy are rare so the choices aren't too difficult.

It just takes patience. Don't be afraid to walk away from a deal if it isn't what you're looking for. The car you want will turn up eventually.

It's frustrating when the seller takes flattering pics of the car, only to find out it's a piece of shit when you actually go see it in person
>pics at angles to hide dents/scratches
>detailed pics of everything, but say, one of the door panels only to find out said piece of completely fucked
>"Oh everything's good there's no check engine light" over the phone
>when you ask about the check engine light "Oh don't worry about that it's just a $10 sensor I would buy it but I don't have the time to do the repair"

The deceptive pics are the worst though, it's like uggos on Snapchat

>shopping for cars at a dealership

Absolute normie get off this board

It took me 3 months to find a car at a reasonable price on craigslist. The same car costs $4,000 more at the dealer. It was a huge waste of time and I am glad I am done with it.

You do realize some people buy cars at for 10,20,30k, right?

I am not getting into an argument with you about hurr durr buy used / if you can't pay cash don't buy it, but it's overplayed. I am:

No. I already have the car I want picked out.

I go to dealership or private seller with a check.

I look over the car to make sure it is in good condition and as advertised.

They either take what I offer or I go to the next car on my list.

Not in the slightest, I spend at least half an hour a day checking my local gumtree and autotrader for the latest stock.

>tfw I don't have the spare space
gumtree.com/p/isuzu/isuzu-trooper-4x4-rwd-jeep-off-on-road-1-carefull-owner-7-seater-3.0-td-dohc-swap-p.x-swap-why-/1170628956

It's just a stock photo of 'car shopping' I used, user. I'm not buying from a dealership.

who is that T H I C C girl

Hell if I know. I just did a GIS for 'car shopping' and it was the first one. I only needed the image just to post the thread so we could have a civil discussion about it.

depends on the dealership sales person.

I fucking hate when I get the old ass fart who takes like 10 minutes to log into his account. I just know they're going to waste my time. Then occasionally there's the old guy who cuts to the chase. Usually it's young people though

Been looking at pickups this entire year, just getting ready for when I've sold the Merc.

I really like it for some reason... I love looking at different stuff online, making myself a list of the ones I find really interesting. I just find it so entertaining looking at these trucks and knowing that quite soon I'll own one of them

No, I get excited as fuck thinking about it. I'll usually have a list of 4-6 models I'm looking for and then just wait till I can find a good deal on craigslist/cars/autotrader/ect. It's like playing a game show picking one of three doors, but all the prizes kick ass.

But then again all my pals work in the auto industry so I get to troll around in dealer auctions and get first dibs on nice little shitboxes that get taken in on trade.

yes, my car bent a piston rod and now i have to start all over.

getting around is more difficult and i hate that i've become a burden begging for rides from coworkers(mil).

im more concerned about going to see a car and just turn out to see that it was all a waste of fucking time because the cocksucker took deceiving photos and tries to be all sneaky with you.

i wouldn't say it stresses me out, but it's definitely tedious and can get annoying.
i'm looking to buy my first car, and i've been to two dealerships to check out two different cars.
on both occassions, i was able to get the asking price down from $6,000 to $5,200 (due to walking away since their post-initial asking price below $6,000 was still too high for me).
granted, i didn't end up buying either one because i would have to get some issues fixed, and i didn't want to deal with them.
the point is, don't be afraid to say no to an offer. sometimes walking away will end up getting you a better deal/lower price. you definitely need to have patience, though.

i hate the fact that the cars are within an hours distance into the city taking up most of my day to only so that i can say no

"Wait a minute slim, thats my girl dawg."

cant you get a car loan through your bank? some cars on craiglist (mainly baby boomer restored shit) is like 20,000+ dollars, im sure the people buying those arent going and pulling out two hundred 100$ bills, their getting car loans, bub.

yes. yes you can get a loan.

You're a fucking bastard

I don't understand why people buy new cars off a lot. Wouldn't it make more sense to just order one exactly how you want it and have it delivered? That's what I would do. I don't want some fucking car that's been roasting in the sun for months or has been test driven by some jack-off salesman multiple times.