forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?topic=19022.0
forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,20422.0.html

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

The HAWKEN zombie marches on:
playhawken.com/

Heavy Gear Assault:
heavygear.com/

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/index.php/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

Get your all seeing eye here:
mwomercs.com/cyclops

Light up the Night:
mwomercs.com/night-gyr

Kong PodKast #25: Heavy Gear Stuff
kongkast.libsyn.com/kong-kast-25-gear-bays-black-market-and-pets-oh-my

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

MWO Heat Simulator:
keikun17.github.io/mwo_heat_simulator/

Kanajashi's Video Tutorials:
youtube.com/watch?v=RGPYOrhEFtg

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oURLaEiC4Lw
youtu.be/ScDfIxv0ZzY
youtu.be/Xw-SQMQkie0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for big twerking robots.

Second for sexy flamers.

youtu.be/oURLaEiC4Lw

Why bother, why live

youtu.be/ScDfIxv0ZzY

>muh kooldiaks

>yfw the battle bears haunt kong even outside of MWO

You fags with EDF need to play sometime so we can do kong EDF 4mans.

nice

hahahahahaha
yeah right, like im going to play with you.

Rancor was a mistake

bump

No thanks

youtu.be/Xw-SQMQkie0

This is gonna be so good, can't wait for next year

...I'd wait to see what happens first.

>This is gonna be so good, can't wait for next year

Yeah, I cant wait to fight peoples teams of mechs with nothing but gauss and LRMs.

>gauss in 3025

kek try to use your brain

You are retarded if you think they wont do an "expansion" and add in newer IS shit and clan tech so all the clanfags can get their precious madcats.

Keep moving those goalposts dumbass.

The 3025 game will be great.

>auto-cannons are multi-round burst of smaller caliber that add up to the ac/x damage
>no big bore gunz to ass blast mechs and vehicles with
Pre-order canceled, the game is trash.

>autocannons are actually automatic cannons

wow who would have thought

Hey, fuck you buddy.

>autocannons are actually automatic cannons
This is my favorite part. It helps to explain the short range on most of the ballistics.

Fuck you

Get some taste

is it just me, or is the stalker completely useless for anything other than LRM boating?

i've owned a misery for a long time now and decided to finally elite the stalker, but i absolutely can't make any of the other variants work. close range builds get fucked by the slow speed, bad torso twist and hitboxes, and long range energy builds seem impractical because of ghost heat.

It's just you

Stalkers have top tier hardpoints for long range combat and perfect hitboxes

Don't run an XL, look at 4LPL/ERLL or 6LL builds.

Stalker are pretty fucking boss brawling mechs. Lasers and SRM's.

>a misery
Literally perfect for 2ppc+gauss or 2ppc+ac20 with a deadside.

do i just have to elite it? as it is, it feels way too hot and sluggish to run the builds you're suggesting.
i don't particularly like SRMs on the stalker since it doesn't seem to have enough tubes to fire them all at once.
i actually like the misery, it's the other ones that i can't use for shit. i run a gauss 2 ERLLs and 3 MPLs on mine. dunno if that would be considered an optimal build but it works pretty well for me.

There's no reason not to elite it.

No matter which stalker you use, or which srms, they always have enough tubes.

i am eliting it which is why i bought them in the fist place, i'm just wondering if that will make all the difference.

i have 4 SRM4s on my 3F and they come out in multiple salvos. not sure what the deal is with that.

>SRM4s
>on an assault mech

Take SRM 6's ya fucking cunt, so you can put out some real damage.

Turn off chainfire.

i figured if i was going to use SRMs as my primary weapon i might as well use a different mech that does it better.
i'm not using chainfire. maybe it's just some weird thing with SRM4s specifically?

Look mate, you're not the first guy to use srms on a stalker. Trust me there's no issue.

Hey, guys, how about some star citizen?

Is MWO dead yet?
Is Hawken good yet?
Is Heavy Gear out yet?
Does Greg still post in /greg/?
What happened to the metal babby artist guy? what was it, axel doge?

Also are flamers good yet?
I want to play a stompy robots game that is good, where do I go now?

No.
No.
No.
Yes.
Never to return.

Yeah sure, if used correctly.
November 7, 2002

I see.
Oh, and sorry about your Greg problem.

>I want to play a stompy robots game that is good, where do I go now?

You can try mwo now.
Or you can wait for heavy gear or battletech next year.

ah, i found out what the problem is. if you leave the missile doors closed there will be a delay between the two pairs of SRMs firing. as long as the doors are open they will all fire simultaneously.

wait, flamers are good now?
like for real, or just like kind of to tickle people for laughs as a side weapon?

i only had three catapults when i quit in 2012 and cicadas were a disappointment, but if flamers are good...

Flamers actually raise the temperature of enemy mechs to just below overheat, so the next time they fire their weapons they either shut down, or pop if they're in over-ride.

Gone are the days of them doing no heat and .000000000000001 damage.

They legit heat people up. But you only need one or two at most.

Do they still do that retarded shit where they still heat up your own mech exponentially and your own heat just ramps up faster and faster and faster?

Only if you fire them for too long. It doesn't do anything at all to you for about 10 seconds.

Only if you hold down the button. They have their own little timer bar that slowly fills up the longer you hold down the trigger, and once it does you start very slowly building up your own heat.

Are jump jets not shit again in MWO yet?

Depends.

Lights and mediums with more than a few jumpjets will fly.
Heavies and assaults struggle through molasses.

For most heavies you want 4+ JJs to get around the most common high jumps, with Mining Collective ~28m platforms being the gold standard. Only the smallest heavies can get away with three.

yea fuck it. The game was the most fun when Dragon Slayers et al ruled the skies. If they had just buffed everyone else and left the jump shotters alone everything could have been fine, but instead they just axed it completely.

Shit taste detected

2 jj on the Hunch 2C is still more than enough for poptarting and the Summoner can fly pretty well but I think it has a bunch of them.

Bane?

No, and the future is uncertain.
Hawken sold out and became a consolebox release, which will soon be whored out by the chinese during the tomahawk launch. PC patches in literally 60 to 90 days.
No.
Sometimes.
He got tired of robots, and had some falling out with someone over something that no one remembers. He's still around on steam.

No, but they're minimally viable.
You stay here. This is the best we've got right now in the stompy robot genre.

poptarting took real skill. Sitting 1000 meters away with ER LL takes skill too but it's about 5 times as boring. Again all they had to do was buff lasers by reducing their firing time, that's literally it. Then every class could have punished jump shotters hard.

>poptarting took real skill
>pressing space bar and then m1 took real skill

whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night

>tfw huelanders b4 jj nerfs, ghost heat, and goose charge mechanics
>3 PPC 1 Goose
>flying 90 ton assault mech with long range pinpoint 45 damage alphas

>he legit thinks this.

well it's better than just pressing m1 when I'm using lasers.

>wants lasers to be stronger

Lasers are already strong enough. Half of mechs use lasers. PPCs and poptarts are in vogue on at least 4 mechs. Srms and Lrms are pretty common. Goose is used, ACs and UACs and hell, even LBX are used.

Try playing the game before you have to talk out of your ass.

Read. I was referencing a time when lasers were dogshit and ac/ppc were king. Then instead of just buffing lasers they nerfed everything else instead.

>even LBX are used.

It's true. It's humorously even on the most killer build running around right now. Every weapon has a place in the game right now except maybe ac2s.

>buffing everything

That is never the solution because time to kill shouldn't be a few seconds. It might not ever be a proper simulation game but you're supposed to feel like you're in a giant armored machine not a tin can.

Are ac2's still dogshit then?
I remember that joke of an update when they nerfed their dps for 'normalization' when before that they barely saw any play as it was. It was one of the stupidest nerfs I have ever seen in any game.

Someone left their ID on the ground.

I dunno, the whole 'fun sized' argument feels pretty lame to me. I'm sure mega alpha mechs still exist that can do this anyways.

Blame battletech. Ac2s were a retarded idea since the 80s.

Why is he such a useless faggot?

>Every weapon has a place in the game
It's strange but somehow the pig did it.

By breaking everything they're all equally viable in shittiness.

>translation
>nothing kills anything in one shot, they're all just so unsatisfying

Why blame battletech when I can blame pig? the nerf just completely killed dual ac5 ac2 Banshee, which while certainly could do some damage wasn't at all OP. The one ac2 viable mech literally killed for no reason at all. Still salty about it.

It's like one of those feel good movies.

Rudy!
Rudy!
Rudy!

That's certainly true. The only mech they ever made any sense on was the BJ. At least that still works.

Does that asshole really have 100 lrms on his maddog?

I think we have all experienced this situation
>die
>spectate last guy alive
>it's some medium mech that ran out of lrms who did less than 300 damage

Yes.

So, it's a dance off then.

Personally I'm waiting for teabagging animations.

Mauler has one variant with -20% cooldown for the AC/2. Not anywhere near as good but it does get to carry four of them with sufficient ammo. A module will bring the cooldown to just under half a second.

Maulers running something other than ac5s or uac5s are kind of trash though.

Probably will find something suitable.

>no big bore gunz to ass blast mechs and vehicles with

Actually, there are different manufacturer variants of the same gun, even such that have single-shot boom boxes.

Can't be arsed to find the devs' quote on that but that was their answer when someone said they prefer the single-shot guns.

Weapon variants
Weapon Variants
WEAPON VARIANTS

I really hope they are willing to go that far with variants based on their manufacturer and in-lore model. A visual change (many shots vs few shots vs single shot) would also be helpful for players to quickly identify what kind of AC it is with what kind of tweaked variant stats it has, at least without having to go into the info page and check it the long way.

Maybe Kuritan PPCs can use the MWO assets and not sound so damned wimpy as in the original pre alpha preview. I don't know if that latest video posted above has different PPC assets, no time to watch it yet.

>different manufacturer variants of the same gun
neat

I want to play a game with big robots doing big robot stuff. I'm downloading MWO and reading the supposed guide, it seems like it has a pretty steep learning curve and some pretty crazy depth, but I can appreciate that as long as it's balanced.
What exactly is Living Legends and does anybody actually play it still?

"Living" Legends...

GET IT
SO FUNNY

>this week's market.
>mfw people start fighting over combat boots.

Robots?

>playing robots

>lurm assaults everywhere
What did they mean by this?

Living Legends was a mod for Crysis several years ago. It got shut down by PGI when they started making their game so there'd be no competition.

It's pretty different from MWO, and better in most ways. It's got combined arms (infantry/elemental, tanks, hovercraft, VTOLs, aerospace, mechs) and generally large maps to wage war over. It has no mech lab so there's no customization, which while it might be offputting, works out better since almost every thing has a place. It also uses a progression system where everything costs money and you have to rank up in each match to get it.

The terrain control mode is pretty great and blows MWO's game modes out of the water. When you have a good amount of people playing it's a ton of fun, attacking and defending different bases on a big map.

It's dead though, but some diehards still play it occasionally.

Dead robutts.