Why do people hate this car so much...

Why do people hate this car so much? I was looking at one because a Miata may be too small for my needs but everyone seems to hate it. I already have an inferiority complex over drivetrains.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jj8lSFBVoAw
youtube.com/watch?v=TapkhD6WHjM
youtube.com/watch?v=57JVPbXXVW0
junauto.co.jp/democar/prelude/spec.html?en
youtube.com/watch?v=_Qyw1AuRDHs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's literally just Corey shitposting and one or two clueless newfags joining in trying to fit in.

Only Corey hates them, and some stupid faggot that keeps saying a Civic is beater for engine swaps, so again Corey

>"I was going to buy it..."
>"but Veeky Forums told me it wasn't cool, what should I do Veeky Forums"?
You should re-evaluate your life choices OP

You do you user. They are fun to drive albeit anemic if you are used to driving something that is truly quick

I don't need Veeky Forums to tell me I'm a failure
>tfw can't stop looking at JUN Prelude
>"maybe someday...."

It's been H22 swapped
I don't know man. I like it but it's so heavy and the whole Civic/ Integra shilling gets to me. I'm going to hang myself. Especially since I hope to use it as more than a daily

It's basically a shittier Integra. Interior felt really dated and it felt pigfat, though I don't know if it actually is.

Shut the fuck up pussy, the interior is the good kind of dated.

That picture makes it look decent. Irl it looks like a shit. Also

>20 y/o car
>in that condition

I mean my guy replaced it with leather interior and its all clean

Good for you, and not in a sarcastic way. They are alright cars.

Get it and put stiff coilovers, new sway bars, and front and rear strut bars on it. Drop it until it gets rid of the infamous honda wheel gap (maybe an inch or a little more) and you'll have a great time autocrossing it or going through mountain twisties.

I had a boosted b18 integra when I was young. I'm a bmw fanboi now, but I still wish I had it for a daily.

Get the older Acura version for snowflake credit and use Honda parts when needed.

>not missing your Integra

Not a single fuck was given about the Miata, but the Integra is dearly missed.

Prelude us pugfat ugly, civics and integra are better platforms
That's shit
>leather
LOL so it's even heavier, 3000 pounds now?
Prelude fag kys

>implying you can make anything like the jun prelude anymore
its dead
a legend
a faint hope for those with buyers remorse to cling to

>acura version
???????
If you're going to try to claim that the legend is at all comparable to the prelude we're going to fight

I still search craigslist for another one, but they are all in shit condition or severely riced out. I have my sights and finances set on an 84 rx7 build right now anyway. Maybe one day another will fall into my lap. Fuck I miss that car with a passion.

I was just giving him advice on how to make it perform better. It has a nice swap, and stiffening up the suspension will help carry it's weight around corners. I agree with you otherwise though. Tegs are god tier platforms if you're going the honda route

Four different Hondas. Tell me the better platform for
Togue
Autox
Circuit Racing
time attacks

the Miata is FR, its better

>I still search craigslist for another one, but they are all in shit condition or severely riced out. I have my sights and finances set on an 84 rx7 build right now anyway. Maybe one day another will fall into my lap. Fuck I miss that car with a passion.

Same exact story, except I am too lazy to actually build an RX7. I would probably go FD at this point anyway though. Used to be a fan of the early turbos over the FDs too though.

The Miata is a shit. Nobody is going to dispute its handling, but it's still a shit. A slow shit, at that. Voodoo II is only way I would ever go back, and even then, it holds 0 actual appeal.

It's really not though, unless you're trying to pick up twinks. And no, you aren't drifting your mifaga

13b tt miata with weight reduction and aero
i'll be joining the midnight club
what do you do? putt around in ff shit

fuck off corey

haha, I actually lolled. I wish you were serious, because I would truly have a good laugh if I believed you to be.

youtube.com/watch?v=jj8lSFBVoAw
youtube.com/watch?v=TapkhD6WHjM
>no weight reduction
>stock brakes
Prelude is still a good tuning platform, it's just that people are scared off by it's initial curb weight.

youtube.com/watch?v=57JVPbXXVW0
>when a civic drifts better than a miata

God miata fags are so delusional.
>once I swap the engine and pull all of the interior and AC out it'll be fast guis! I swear!

why are you laughing at me?
i bought a miata over stuff like integras and preludes and shitty civic hatches and mx6 because its fr
i bought a cf hood for it, i stripped the interior and added lightweight seat, i debadged everything, tiny enkei rpf1, i have the aero hard top/fastback , i took off the pop ups and replaced them with fixed, i have a cf trunk in the mail, and im saving up for the 13b tt right now.

Meh. You wasted a good troll by taking it too far.

im not trolling this is for real

>you will never get jun parts in USA
Is it even possible to track all this shit down? This is it's sheet.
junauto.co.jp/democar/prelude/spec.html?en

should've bought an MX3 because AWD conversion

>ff

>MX3
>AWD

COME AGAIN?!

And I boosted a b18 teg with junkyard parts, threw a strut bar under the hood, and had a faster car that didn't look like a riced out version of daddies little girls first vehicle for less than 450 bucks in high school. Enjoy wasting ypur money on the meme machine though.
>Muh rwd
Yeah, rwd and 170hp if you're lucky

>what is reading comprehension

323 GTR/GTX/AWD Protege parts fit, you can make it AWD

I generally dislike Hondas but that thing looks tight af

Damn, can't get those parts because they never sold them in the US

They're so fun as daily drivers though
>Muh mpg
>Slap a pod filter on the intake and hit VTEC yo on the way home from work to listen to the intake note
>Super cheap parts
>Super easy to work on
>Super easy to flip for profit
Fuck it, I just talked myself in to buying one again

I know some people in the US have AWD converted MX3s, only downside is you lose the V6 option and are stuck with (turbo) i4 engines

youtube.com/watch?v=_Qyw1AuRDHs
always imagine this being "the Corey"

Not the guy you're talking to, but I'd sacrifice the v6 for extra traction and a blow off valve hiss

Fuck it then, if I can have a KL with AWD, it ain't happening

>you will never tune a prelude with your friends
>Veeky Forums are your friends
>Veeky Forums will never help you tune a car

I WANT THESE THREADS TO STOP

>Muh safe space
Fuck off

I'd personally stay FWD because the K-series V6s sound fucking great and don't make enough power NA for FWD to be a problem anyway, but a 4cyl MX3 (which they also made) would be a perfect candidate for a turbo/AWD conversion

the gearboxes for the V6 and i4 engines are from different families, so it'd require a lot of work

Preludes are somehow worse than pic related!

Why did you post your own car?

This is shitposting to the Nth degree. It's not even trolling when you post the same stuff every day like this.

I'd like to see pics comparing 4g prelude to Accord to civic of same year in size all side by side

Couldn't a bracket be made to make the trans lineup?

There's no possible way, that old piece of shit has zero, count it, 0 aftermarket support

I posted this thinking about my cousin who had one and right after found out he anheroed. Fuck

Prelude is the heaviest, has the best 4 cylinder engine of the 3, best suspension
Accord has a V6 option, most useful back seats. about the same footprint as the prelude, but is physically larger (still weighs less though)
Civic is lightest, smallest engine, is a hatch.

OP is corey you retards

Fuck off Corey

fuck off Corey

>prelude is heaviest
No its not.
Prelude is smaller than an ek civic.

>prelude best suspension
>still an understeering pig with body roll

maybe, but I don't think anyone has done it before since you might as well go turbo i4 as that bolts right up

>wat is springs and track alignment

W2c zeal s6

Accord: 2750lbs 2850lbs
Civic: 2050lb - 2500lbs
Prelude: 2850lbs - ? (can't find 4WS weight)
(1995 model weights)
double wishbone all around has a weight cost

I don't know anyone who hates the car. It's just a little bigger Integra, which means it's pretty great. Really excellent car for a fun daily driver.

Prelude was 2765 dude and started in the lower 2700s

huh, maybe the weight spec I have is for the Auto Si 2.3L.
does that mean the Gen V is why people cry pigfat?

Is it worth it to refit things like a battery somewhere else on the prelude in order to redistribute weight to the rear? Or does ff not need that

No worse than a beam axle in the rear.

No its applied to gen iv as well, people see Accord roots and assume it's ALL Accord .
In terms if dimensions, it's .1 inch taller than eg hatch, and wider and longer
It's noticeably shorter than ek and wider and longer.

It's smaller than Accord in every way.
Also is wheelbase is smaller than all civics up to EF

An user in hg says that after stripping his interior he was down to around 2400 pounds

Just get a civic

fuck off NEWFAG tripshit

I haven't seen one prelude at a track, conefag,rallyx,drift meet

It says alot. The car is shit

>that says alot

Yep, it says you haven't looked hard enough, faggot

They're really bad

Come on now, MX-6s aren't that bad

I'm talking about Prelude.
The CRX is a better platform
The Civic EF-EK is a better platform
I'd take a Del Sol over the Prelude.

Your mom has a pretty good platform for taking my dick

Then do you

Prelude is a BAD car

OK

Why am I even going to post in this thread..

My old one didn't look too bad except for the missing carpet.
h22a or h22a1/2/3/4/5?
they're not nice looking cars imo but it's all a matter of opinion.. I hate that jew nose front overhang they have.
ya fell for it.
3rd gens 2520-2710lbs
4th gens 2810-2920lbs
5th gens 2950-3050lbs
I did autox one for a month, it was shit. The weight + fwd isnt a great combo for tight tracks. Preludes are enjoyable to drive on mountain roads though since they have okay handling and more power than an equivalent year civic/integra/accord/miata

The fourth gen is not that heavy. You're wrong.
The car does fine in autox

>pretending you've driven this car.
The JUN one has no weight reduction and is in the low 2700s
The official stats are in the mid 2700s
You're just spewing bullshit

5th gen was well over 3000 lbs.

(You) (You) (You)

>well over
>the heaviest was 3,0xx
>well over
And we aren't even talking about the 5th gen

Honda Prelude 2.2 VTEC. Get one!

VTiR model i think over here. No idea what it is in the states.

Do it! I want one of these too.

because you're a masochist for shitty trolling

just take it you slut

Fuck this board

Lots of guys move the battery to the trunk

it's shitposting

that car is pretty allright

>Spoon doesn't even make parts for the prelude

So?

>Spoon