How do I talk my parents out of buying one of these?

How do I talk my parents out of buying one of these?

How bad are they?

What are the best "luxury" SUVs? Lexus?

They live in Colorado so they'll need something that does fairly well in the snow and stormy conditions...

Let them buy whatever they want. Nothing will be good in the snow because they probably can't drive for shit.

Everyone in Colorado is a bad driver so it doesn't matter desu

Outbacks are pretty good in the snow, relatively speaking

>How do I talk my parents out of buying one of these?

tell them the cost of maintenance

>subaru
>luxury

>luxury
>snow and stormy conditions
memes

How much space do they need?

Shit, look at suburbansome. New XLs start at 67k. If that isn't luxury price, idk what is.

Last gen Lexus rx. It's the logical choice. The new one is edgy for no reason.

New RX interior is a 100% improvement over the last gen interior. You have to be a fucking imbecile to give up that just because the new one "looks edgy".

i would get one of these if i had the money to keep it running. test drove one and it is stupid fast.

Top trims are pretty comfy senpai

Well buying any luxo brand is dumb. They should lease it, and if they do lease it then the Evoque is fine. Its a great looking ride and does fairly well in non aspahlt conditions per the reviews.

But it has that gross Nissan Murano looking floating rear pillar thing. I could live with spindle but that pillar is shit

Land Cruiser

Stay away from the BMW engines, They love to explode.

hi

Maybe a current gen Grand Cherokee?

VW Touareg used to be good (certain reliability issues aside) but the current gen seems meh, but at least they're nice inside.

>recommending vws and subarus to someone in the market for a range rover
Christ, Americans are fucking dumb.

Seeing how they're in the market for an Evoque, a Touareg is right in their price range.

Look into getting a used Range Rover Sport. It's that things big brother. The Evoques are a bit small in my opinion.

>used Range Rover Sport
>for parents
Sounds like a terrible idea.

Might be worth considering if he was getting the car for himself and understood what he was getting into.

Personally, I'd rather my parents buy a new car than used one I recommend because if anything goes wrong with it, I gotta take time out of my day to help them get it fixed and not ripped off. I'd rather they just take it in on warranty.

I mean like two years old. Latest bodystyle. '15 or whatever. Already took the depreciation hit but still in warranty.

Unimog

Isn't the Touareg the big one? They obviously want a small SUV. And a VW isn't going to even begin to compete with a Range

Higher-tier Touaregs used to be very nice places to be and drive (very capable off-road, too, if you went for the highest trim), at least last gen, no idea if that changed with the latest gen.

There was very little point in buying a Cayenne over a Touareg last gen. A Range Rover is going to be better in the luxury department, but not $30,000 better.

If they have money they should go for new rx. Comfy as fuck, techy, lexus tier reliability, interior is as upmarket as can be.
If dont have that much money, there is no real reason not to buy new grand cherokee. Still comfy, full of kit and goes like a motherfucker. The draw backs are apparent for a jeep.

Fuck evoque. Seriously, dont do it OP. The reliability is non existant, it is very fucking small for that kind of money and it cant go for shit. The only plus is the overall design and materials of the interiors, that is a given

>2016 Lexus RX
Man this thing is ugly. What the fuck is Toyota thinking with their current design language?

Yeah, full wub wub dubstep, but you cant neglect the other overall advantages of new lexi