Veeky Forums's thoughts on the Genesis Coupe?

Personally i think they're ugly, but they have a decent amount of power, RWD, manual, and they're cheaper than the competition. What else should I consider?

A Mustang GT.

Just get it. Everyone is gonna complain about how they think the interior is shit or whatever. But it really isn't. What it's made out of is pretty cheap, but you're buying it for the performance and not because it's comfy. I know people who have em and love em

lolpeniswindows

>RWD is a fucking sticker point

I've always heard that the Genesis is dull and lifeless in person.

Idiots nowadays think everything is FF, it's a CYA move

>CYA
I literally found out today that the Hyundai Genesis is FR.

>CYA
Cover Your Ass, if they didn't advertise it normies would think it's FF and would probably kill themselves

Beautiful car, fuck the haters on here.

The only thing I wish it did was use the Genesis emblems instead. Not sure how the Genesis Coupe will sit once Hyundai's actual "Genesis" luxury marque fires up.

Look at a 370z. It'll be about the same weight and likely handle better, but you'll have a gigantic range of aftermarket.

You could also also go for a Camaro/Mustang GT too if you want something with an absurdly huge aftermarket, better power, but a little more weight.

Good on paper, crap from behind the wheel. Aimed at the G37, fell far short.

>Beautiful car
nahm its literally ugly, the tiburon was better

>tripfag

nobody cares about your opinion

it's ok im doing it ironically

If it was a good car, there'd be a race car version of it and it'd be winning series.

There isn't.

Kia's attempt at sporty cars like the Genesis Coupe and the Veloster are like Kia read a book about sports cars and went from there.

So you're saying the Optima is a good car but the Genesis is not?

Get a Mustang GT...
33k, probably 36k with every other option but you will get
>manual trans
>RWD
>Shitload of v8 power
>cheaper than the "competition"

>but user, Mustang is Murican!

And Hyundai is South Korean. Not all Asian motor companies are reliable. Hyundai is as reliable as a Chinese motor company.

What exactly is the Genesis Coupe and Nissan 370Z's target demographic? They are a bit too expensive to hit the mainstream middle-class, but not expensive enough to have prestige. They are not great as daily drivers, but not hardcore enough to be a second car.

>Hyundai is as reliable as a Chinese motor company

>Hyundai consistently above average in reliability reports
>Recommends a FORD Mustang, even though Ford is consistently one of the worst ranked brands in terms of reliability

it sure is summer in here.

6spd available in the genesis coupe, rwd, slightly less power, lighter, quicker lap times, brembo brake options, more reliable, less common on road

whats not to love

penis windows
hyundai build quality
>V6
no aftermarket compared to the Mustang
stancefag/vapebro culture

that's not to love

not to mention mediocre driver feedback and shitty shifter feel

This..
..and most importantly this.

If you're on Veeky Forums and looking at RWD cars specifically it means you even a passing fancy in *driving* cars properly, so the Geneshit Coupe is not to be considered.

Don't listen to the Hyundai tragics, they are typical Koreaboo "OMFG KOREAAAAAAAAAA!" hype song and dance about how much they've improved, when in reality they are still mediocre at best.

Just get a Mustang (or 370Z if you can afford it) and call it a day.

>Consumer complains Bluetooth doesn't connect immediately with lightning speed upon entry of car
>Brand reliability compromised
Now you've learned how those work, use a real mechanics index not jd power and bull shit

>more power, less weight
>somehow still slower

That looks like shit tires, look at the trap speed, it couldn't get hook up

Mustang has more torks down low, as well as a less peaky powerband.

No.

Yes, still not much of an excuse. I know several dudes who used to have Genesis Coupes with $15-$20k invested into the platform, and they have absolutely no regrets switching to their current cars (Fiesta STs).

It's a fine sporty car, but when you aim to compete with the V6 Pony cars you need to set your sights a little higher.

I honestly like the Genesis just because it exists. It's a step in the right direction, and if they keep refining it like they have with the sedan (Lotus-tuned suspension for the Coupe please) it has some real potential.
It's a sporty RWD coupe when everything is getting more and more no-fun-allowed, and I respect it for that, even if it's not quite up there with the best (yet).

Fucking this
If only they would contract out to Lotus like they did with the Tiburon then the feels issue would be resolved, and Hyundai could actually learn from Lotus how to make a proper suspension and steering system

I agree, Hyundai is taking steps in the right direction but still haven't managed to really nail it with a sportsy car.

Why not get an M series BMW coupe instead? They also have the power/RWD/manual combo, plus they look great and are made with German engineering, and that's the best kind. Also, you'll know that the car wasn't made by some chinks from whatever random scrap they picked up at the nearest junkyard.

I don't think muh hacked iPhone has issues connecting to sync is a real quality issue.

>one of the worlds most popular and successful flagship cars with millions upon millions more spent in R&D and decades of refinement barely managed to edge out some random first gen korean car by less than a second

Yeah wow stupid hyundai amirite

It's actually a 2nd gen Genesis, and you have no idea how much each company comparatively spent on R&D, though you're right in assuming the Hyundai is using everyone else's decade-old technology.

Not him, but when did he assume that Hyundai is using everyone else's decade-old technology? That's what you assume

How else do you save money during R&D other than using known technologies?

Reverse engineering dumbass, everyone does it

In other words, you take old car technology and make it your own?

>day driving lights are a selling point now
sigh

but you know what's even worse?
>day driving lights that also function as the turning signal

Old is relative, it more like taking from a current generation and using it in a future one, the problem is Hyundai cut corners on the design instead of contracting out like they should have done

>Consumer Reports, JD Power and any/all other annual reliability reports are wrong because they don't agree with me.
>Only the opinion of a few anons on Veeky Forums should be trusted.
>If I post "Hyundai sux" enough times it'll be true.

FIDF please go. You can't honestly believe that people only report bluetooth connectivity issues when they report problems with their car.