/0/ confessions

>i don't know how to drive stick

i live in NYC so everybody drives auto and says manual is inconvenient for city driving/stop and go traffic

>i dont know how to fix a car

even tho i worked at a dealership for 4yrs i don't know how to fix a car. while i can do basic repairs and maintenece work my old place never gave me a chance to actually fix a car. all i did was easy shit that required no skill.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6z9qohzqq9g
youtube.com/watch?v=GkjfSlSZnmk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>i live in NYC so everybody drives auto and says manual is inconvenient for city driving/stop and go traffic

tell them they're little bitches

my commute consists of taking the bqe for 40 minutes a day during rush hour

just keep the car in first and crawl it not big deal

>I learned stick a week ago and i know how to downshift, Rev match and heel toe but i still stall my car in stop lights and i have troubles starting up hill.

>I don't know how to change my car's spark plugs
Fuck you ford, it was way easier to change them in the previous 4.0 engine than this 3.7 one.

>I always start in second gear whenever i can because of the fear of stalling in 1st.
3 31 gears for a noob.

Dude starting in first is easier than starting in second. thats probably why you keep stalling it

My car has enough torque to start in 2nd gear though, and the 1st gear is so short i have to shift at 8mph, and i only do so at stop signs, which my city has a tone of, at a complete stop i do it in first tough.

To be honest, i stall the most when I'm the first one at a stop light, probably because of self inserted pressure and me wanting to go fast and letting out the clutch too quick, plus 1st gear is jerky as fuck in this car unless you give the clutch its time.

Anyway thanks dude, I'll practice more.

>I often take my truck in for oil changes and any other work it needs
I'm too busy with farming to do my own work on it, and the garage I take it too is one a work at in the winter months.

>I like 4 cylinder cars with fartmufflers
>I'm too poor for an aftermarket exhaust so I just ripped parts out of my stock one
>my car won't pass the 2 year inspection and I still want to put shitloads of money into it
ayy lmao!

I don't know shit about carbs.
Feels bad man and it actually came up Saturday when a neighbors vintage bronco died in the street at the end of my driveway.

>start in second gear

Jesus dude, why not start in 3rd, I mean you might still stall it in 2nd!

The amusing part is that I CAN start in 3rd, despite having an automatic.

>I fucked my honda driving it with no oil and no coolant

I didnt know shit about cars back then

All cars have enough torque to start in second gear

I drive a completely stock commuter car ('07 Camry LE) because my previous car was too expensive to own and insure at my age (WRX Hatch, non-STi).

I have no plans to upgrade it for another 4 years until I'm out of college and can afford to cover the insurance costs.

I used to work on my car, but I've completely forgotten how, and I sold all my tools for extra money after moving out of my parents house. I only really open the hood on my current car to make sure that all the fluids are at proper levels.

>regularly have to drive elderly family member around
>so used to prolonged clutch slipping for smooth starts that it's second nature (RIP clutch)
>in a hurry
>gearshift up because that's about where first is
>actually start a petrol shitbox in 3rd
>mfw

Oh?

Well i can tell you by experience that it would impossible to get one Diesel Toyota shitbag i drove my driving school with moving using second gear.

That fucker stalled on 1st gear at 2000 rpm from time to time!

>I prefer FF even though I've driven a 2nd gen Dodge viper, a cammed 302 fbody, subaru wrx sti, and countless other rwd/awd platfoms

not even bait, kek, but I'm sure this will make people assmad.

>i don't know how to drive stick
>don't know much about cars, I can google things and generally fix them but I don't have any actual car knowledge
>dad is very into cars but never really taught me because I'm a girly faggot

obligatory "I don't even have my license, let alone a car"

There should be a wizard status at a certain age for this. I mean if you're 15,who cares, 17 meh, 19 might not be to late, but I suspect soon we'll have a lot of 30 somethings who don't drive

Start in first idiot. You have it for a reason . Because people less stupid than you said "if first was higher idiots would stall it" if you are in traffic over 10 mph leave it in second. If you stop use first.

I was rotating my tires and wasn't paying attention when I was putting the hubcaps back on, covered up all the air stems

>I used to work on my car, but I've completely forgotten how

wut?

>hubcaps
shame

living that shitbox life

Steel wheels with plastic hubcaps are probably one of my least favorite things about 80-90s cars. They rarely look good.

>not steel wheels with steel hubcaps

get gud

When I was a kid, I thought Subaru was an Australian car company because one of their cars was named "Outback" and they used Crocodile Dundee in a series of commercials in the 90's.

youtube.com/watch?v=6z9qohzqq9g

youtube.com/watch?v=GkjfSlSZnmk

your not the only one

That's funny I used to think that too, it was mostly because the logo looks kind of like a stylized Australian flag and they somehow just seemed to suit being Australian due to all being 4wd and seemingly being good offroad cars generally, makes more sense for a car company like that to come from Australia than Japan. Or at least it did when I was 9 years old.

That was pretty much my reasoning as well.

>i live in NYC so everybody drives auto and says manual is inconvenient for city driving/stop and go traffic

Poor little New Yorkers.

t. Europeans living in big cities driving manuals in traffic because they're not bitches

I thought Eurocucks living in big cities all used public transport and didn't even own a car.

Even after I found out they were Japanese I figured they were somehow like Australian-Japanese, like a Jap company wanted to make a car brand to specifically appeal to Australians or something.

Holy fuck you made me cringe. Leave your car in neutral at the light then shift into first. Give it gas first. Then release. Plant your left heel on the ground and release clutch with top of foot rather than using your whole foot to release.

It takes the same amount of time slipping the clutch for a smooth take off in 1st as in 2nd in this car.

Burn your clutch up we don't care. I drove a 12 mustang v6 6 speed before and never had issues like you are having. Stop being autistic

I do that, is just that i use 2nd gear when i have a tiny amount of forward motion
IE: 1 to 3 mph

What gears did you had though?
I have the 3.31 and its a bitch to tale off smoothly from 1st

So you are release the clutch slightly without giving it gas since the car starts moving by itself. Then when you finally fully release it you give it more gas and go? You must be fucking slow from a complete stop holy shit.

No fucking clue what kind of gears I had. Did it matter? Give it more gas when you release it in first I know your recline is like 5500rpm you are making yourself work harder for no reason

It matters, the higher the number, the shorter gears are, at 3.73 1st gear is useless.
I still use 1st gear though, its just that i prefer 2 when for example, doing an almost stop and go where i don't come to a complete stop but almost do.

Literally exactly what I thought. I wonder if they realized this as a company.

What are some of the Australia domestic car producers? I know Holden is GM..

>tfw 20

Most of them own Golfs or Clios or shit like that.
All with the smallest diesel engine available, of course.

Holden is the only one I know of, the two famous Australian cars are the Ford Falcon and the Holden Commodore but I think Ford have stopped making new Falcons now because fuck Australia.

I'm not Australian by the way, I'm from Lower-East Australia Minor aka New Zealand

>inspection
Enjoy your lack of freedom, m80

You are such an dumb. Problem one: you bought mustang. Problem 2: you drive like you know what is up but you don't. If you stop put it in first. If you don't stop fuck off.

You realize you are driving manual transmission the wrong way right?

I give it gass senpai, but i have to let the clutch slip for a second for the engine to catch up, it takes the same amount of time to do so in second gear at the same revs.

I do senpai, but this is nothing like the cars I've driven before.
I'm going to start taking off in first gear senpai, until i get used to.

>V6 Mustang

But muh 3.7 30mpg 305hp 280 lbs of torque

>I'm about to buy a BRZ as my first self owned car and first manual trans

Let this post be my will, take my wrecked BRZ and make it into a Frankenstein STI

I own neither a car nor a license

Also with 1.3l shit ecoboxes with 10 nm torque.

But they aren't whiny faggots like you and are not complaining.

>drives 3 liters V6
>full of torque
>muh manual gear change it's difficult and I'm tired
>*stops at mcdonald for recharging*

I love it because you don't have to slow down in the wet

>I dont see much point in a manual car anymore
I can see if a point if you use it for racing drifting what ever but having a daily with an manual seems pointless.
> Plus i cant wait for driverless cars

You should get better at starting from a stop the more you fuck with it. Hell, to get some practice in just go fuck around in an empty parking lot or something at night. While you're at it fuck around with slowly letting off the clutch without giving it any gas just to train yourself to get a feel for when the clutch grabs. You should even be able to let the clutch grab and start moving the vehicle without ever touching the gas pedal (like an automatic does when you let off the brake), then giving it a bump after the car starts to roll. As far as hills go my favorite thing to do is hit that sweet spot on the gas pedal where the car isn't rolling uphill but isn't moving either. I'm sure someone is going to absolutely lose their shit over that one. Some of these fucking hills in Ye Olde Tennessee leave me no choice.

Oh, and yeah, not good to start your car off in second though I've driven many a Good Ol' Boy shitbox trucks with first being completely out. Even a few automatics. Seems to work just fine. Besides, it's your fucking car, right?

>Veeky Forums confession
Speaking of manuals, from time to time I'll fuck up and downshift from fourth to first meaning to hit third.

I prefer to own and drive primarily pre-80's vehicles due to their mechanical and a thousand times even more so electrical simplicity. I'm an electronics technician so it all comes pretty easy to me, but holy fuck do I hate electrical system failures in cars. I swear the newer the absolute fucking more infuriating the no start causes. I get so many fucking calls about this shit.

>carburetor4lyfe

I'm 30 and my wife wont let me drive her manual Beetle because I am so so with stick.

I actually have never had a driver's license beyond a learners. I'm an avid /trv/ler so I tell people it's because my license expired when I was overseas. I actually never even had one.

Kill me I dont deserve to live .

I gave up trying to replace an alternator and had a mechanic do it all because I couldn't find a wire.

I do
thanks

You could probably get away with it depending on where you live. No shame in that. Besides, you're the kind of guy who gives taxi drivers and other public transport guys a job.

Just do it senpai, my gf said no when i was going to buy my manual mustang and i did anyways, now she drives manual too and likes it a lot.

Kek

The Falcon is still being built at the moment. October is when production ceases.

There is also the Territory, which is basically a pigfat Falcon SUV

Yeah, I'm certainly not proud of that one.

>I actually prefer stop and go to highway speeds

I like to take things slow, I never could handle speeds too well, bicycle, skateboard, nothing. I'm buying a motorcycle now. Gon b fun

I thought clutch braking was super normal and a way to save brakes. I did this for years. I dont want to think how's my clutch disk doing. I didnt do radical braking, I applied lot of rev matching, but still. I need to practice my heel and toe but the gas and break pedals are too far away to feel safe.

My mother in law is 65 and never learned to drive. So she'd be 10th level Grand Wizard right?

Her parents drove, but completely scarred her for life telling her how dangerous it is and she never even tried. I always ask her how she can stand literally being trapped ... she doesn't give one shit. Scary mang.

You guys with manuals are fortunate to have a millennial anti-theft device.

>don't know how to drive a manual
>didn't have a license until 22
>want to buy a motorcycle but don't know how to drive it

Yeah but this is fucking insane...the bqe gets insane during rush hours and who wants to go through that twice a day every day

I can start my fuckus in 3rd gear without any gas. It's not that hard.

>want to buy a motorcycle but don't know how to drive it
/dbt/fag here, if you're an amerifat, go take the MSF course. Depending on where you live it's gonna cost between $175 and $0, they provide you with bikes for the course, it's fun as fuck, and you don't have to take the tests at the DMV to get your motorcycle license.

It'll also teach you to drive stick. Plus motorcycles generally get like 50-60mpg, are fun to ride slow, and I can go out and buy a practically brand new Ducati or other boutique motorcycle manufacturer bike for less than $8,000 out the door.

Do it m8. It's so worth it. Plus, where else can you get something straight from a dealership that can run a sub 10s 1/4 mile for less than $20k?

I just don't have the money for a motorcycle, gear, the class, and insurance.

THEY
PROVIDE
MOTORCYCLE

get a helmet and old Jean jacket and you get to learn to ride. Get gear and a biku later

>fucking millennials

>bought a project car with the intent to fix
>never fixed
>lost interest
>then did the same thing with a motorcycle

I did my course in a hoodie and gardening gloves, my dad just wore a long sleeved T-shirt. They even provided helmets.