/hhg/ Hot Hatch General

A thread for our beloved econobox pocket rockets. Talk experiences, ask for advice and questions and generally shitpost about the Fiesta ST.

>New Daily Edition
What did you drive before your hot hatch?

>What is a "Hot Hatch"?
A Hot Hatch is a manufacturer produced, performance oriented variant of a standard hatchback, designed for improved handling, increased top speed, acceleration and generally enhance the driving experience.

>Are all Hot Hatches FWD?
No. Whilst most Hot Hatches are FWD, some are AWD or even RWD.

>Isn't FWD shit?
No. Just because you can't get the arse out by stamping on the accelerator doesn't mean you can't have fun.

>Aren't Hot Hatches just for Europoors?
No; with the launch of the Fiesta and Focus ST to joining the MS3 and Abarth in the US, it seems like the Hot Hatch is beginning to take off on the other side of the Atlantic, but Europoors definitely have more choice.

>Is the Fiesta ST actually good?
The Fiesta ST is one of the best small hot hatches on offer at the minute; so yeah they're pretty good.

Other urls found in this thread:

newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5573458770.html
newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5589265730.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Renault used to make the best hit hatches. Let's hope that Clio RS16 is a step in the right direction

What's the deal with the Punto? I swear there wasn't a hot mk2.

One day I'll save the pasta.

That day can be today

I know they're regular hatches, so forgive me for being a faggot.

I'm between these two. Leaning more towards the mazda because I'd be saving money, though if the other is worth it, I don't mind splurging either.

newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5573458770.html

newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5589265730.html

How is the experience between mazda and impreza hatches?

the new Clio would be even better if you could get it with a manual

The RS16 has a manual, hopefully a manual will make it to the rest of the range

Type R is sexy

Are there any RWD hot hatches aside for the Clio V6?

Yurocucks fuck off with your 1.3l shitbox ''''cars''''

BMW E36 compact
BMW E46 compact
BMW 1-series
AMC Gremlin
AMC Pacer
Chevrolet Chevette

>his car isn't awd
>lecturing others on "not real cars"

most "hot" hatches are FWD which is even worse

mines a 1.6 :^)

There was the HGT

Forgot about the HGT. Maybe I should look for a cheap one but they've probably all rusted away.

I have a cold AWD hatch

New tyres for my Fiesta lads.

had my buddy help me put on a new rmm (mountune) and some mudflaps (minnesotafag). car kinda looks dirty cuz I took this pic after driving 4.5 hours to wisconsin

boy oh boy, you fuckers were absolutely right. shifting is so much more smooth

Nice! What's next on your list? Magnetic would definitely have been my color choice had I bought a 16.

I think the next thing honestly would be weathertechs; not really sure about anything after that. I'm not really sure what all I can do that won't void that initial warranty, so probably nothing too crazy. maybe a fog light replacement

Did you paint your fucking calipers?

lol no. that was how it came from the dealer. I guess it's an option on their website. black painted wheels and red painted calipers

and by "their website" I mean it's an option from ford

Yes. He did. Why paint small brake calipers?

who autox here

Best tyres for 13"? Tyre size is 165/70R13 as standard and it's AWD if that affects your decision at all. I'm looking at Vredestein TTrac 2s.

No idea, I had Potenzas on my Clio, but they were 205R17 and it was FWD. Just buy a proper reputable brand

worth it?

shopped my hatch

Just buy a second hand mark 6 GTI

They're a bit quiet, but otherwise they're really good

Can I pretend my 1.0L shitbox is an actual hot hatch considering I drive it like a dick?

You could buy a MazdaSpeed3 for a little more money if you look really hard. Then again, nothing wrong with the regular Mazda3 (especially the 2.5l). I see them at autocross's quite often, actually.

Here's a picture of my baby.

So why exactly are hatchbacks so popular?
Do they do things better than regular cars?

They're cheap

oh is that it?

>vredestein
>not a top tier brand
What?

That's why they got popular. Then, as with all things, popular stuff gets followers. Now, some hatchbacks are stupid money.

I haven't heard of them, they're no Bridgestone, Michelin, Goodyear, Pirelli, Dunlop or even Falken or Yokohama

Most of those brands only offer full-on economy tyres in my size. Regardless, Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta is probably the best rain tyre in its price range in the world. Unfortunately they're 17" and up, so I was considering the TTrac 2.

>AESTHETICS
>driving dynamics
>storage space
>interior room
>seats 5
>good MPGs from design

>tfw can get gud tires in a 15" wheel

but muh 13's on the hatch

I don't think 15s will fit desu

>tfw Impreza 1.6
Ice cold nigga

>wider track
>2l 270hp engine out of the megane
>manual, according to sport auto renault is even developing a new a brand new six speed because the megane's tranny wouldn't fit in the clio

My hunch is the new megane is so much larger and comfier than the current one that the Clio will take over as the hottest of all hatches to set records at the ring etc otherwise I can't see why Renault would make such an effort

Is that a Justy?

Yes. There are no good ones in the UK for sale at the moment unfortunately. There's one with super mileage and stripped out and there's a barn find Swift GTi 4WD saloon, though.

I'm hoping it means the 1.6T Clio will also get a manual too as part of the stabdard production run or cup package or something.

Can my starlet be in this thread? It's only got 75 bhp:(

Why is Europe so fucking gay?

easily fixed tho

Because you're thinking about it and everything you think about is gay because you're gay :'^D

You can't seriously sit here and tell me that there is anything cool or enthusiastic about government regulating you to only driver sub 1.5 liter shitboxes

I have owned 4.3 V8s and a 4.0 i6 in the past two years. I just want to give the hatch a try. And it's fun! Not in a straight line but down a mountain they're fantastic.

no

I had an Audi RS3. (not the one in the pic)
Mega engine on such a small car but understeering everywhere, eating brakes (2 sets in 20k miles) and tires (3 sets in 20k miles).
That said, it was a joy to hear that sound.

looking to buy one.
Common problems? Gas mileage in the city?
15k for a 2012 with 60k miles?

Is a Matrix XRS (Or Vibe GT) considered a hot hatch? Trying to make a list of potential candidates for my first car, $7k budget

Focus SVT
Civic Si
MazdaSpeed3
Suzuki SX4?

Also considering non-SVT 3 and 5 door Focii. If there was a certain cutoff date for the VW scams, then maybe I'd consider getting a Golf GTI if I could be sure there wouldn't be any problems.

Anybody got other ideas? Located in Los Angeles, if that helps

>but they've probably all rusted away
nice meme
they are fully galvanized chassis

no rust at all on my mk2 with 200k km.
Just pay attention to the eletric power steering and the ecu
it's still an italian car

31 gender bathrooms please leave this thread while you fuck some guy in the ass as part of "hazing" while screaming no homo

I had an '02 Mk2 a few years ago (in the OP) checked the MOT history and it's failed the last two for serious corrosion. Kinda glad I don't have it anymore, thing was a money pit

>75hp
>for a 800kg car

Don't be a fucking faggot, Hans.

75ps sind genug um Spaß zu haben, Schwuchti.

Meanwhile all I have is a 2013 Chevy sonic.