/twg/ - Total War General

Chassepot Edition

>Regiments of Renown
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Regiments_of_Renown

>Call of the Beastmen
store.steampowered.com/app/404012/
gamesdeal.com/total-war-warhammer-call-of-the-beastmen-dlc.html (Cheaper)

>Patch notes
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_2

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer Mods
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>IS CALL OF THE BEASTMEN WORTH BUYING?
The Beastmen are a cool faction but the pack is a bit overpriced for what you get. There probably won't be a price drop for some time, so if you really like the Beastmen then go ahead, otherwise wait it out.

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure not garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

Old

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Fantasy
youtube.com/watch?v=n6F7X4OnULk
youtube.com/watch?v=ogTDa-vG2MQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YdXQJS3Yv0Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

G
O
B
L
I
N
S

Genevieve Dieudonné legendary hero when?

Is WH40K in the same universe as FB or did GW just reuse Chaos and their gods?

Anime desu

I believe it is. I think the WHFB planet was a planet in the 40k galaxy, but ended up being retconned.

>Mixed reviews intensify

200 hours played
Fuck CA for releasing this incomplete game and charging $100 for a faction that should have been in base game, boycott this product everyone and don't give there bad companies money.

Player owns, blood and Gore, call of beastmen, and warriors of chaos :^)

40k is in a snowglobe in FB.

same universe/alternate universe/ fucking magic universe. there's several options to choose from if you comb the lore and the old books.

> Tomb Kings still not announced

FB planet is somewhere in the warp, as ET books (concider them canon or not, idgaf) hinted shit like lizardmen can talk with eldars and that grey knight serving in the old world

Also, the Maw could be a tyrannid hivefleet

As a longtime fan of both, here's the long and short. Fantasy battle was their first game, and it went well. At first, 40K was just a small joke they did, hence one of its first characters being named 'inquisitor obi wan sherlock closseau'. Eventually, however, the joke setting became popular, and eventually evolved into what it is today. Now, GW didn't much care, but lorewise, it was a bit odd. It started with both settings sort of intermingling, with the subtle drop that Sigmar was a primarch, which was later retconned, and then in 40K a space marine caught a sight of the fantasy realm while being flung through the warp, and someone finding the 40K universe inside of a wizard's hourglass or something in the fantasy world. In the end, there were lots of inbetweens and non canons like this. There's a lot of info on this page, though. warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Fantasy

There was one subtle drop too where a GW author hinted that Fantasy was happening at the same time as 40K, on a planet in the eye of terror.

Also forgot about this! There was an event in an End Times book where the Skaven broke some old artifact, and what was hinted to be Eldar began confusedly speaking through it, freaking the hell out of the skaven and causing them to smash it completely.

I hope they add this shit if you capture lizardmen cities as Skaven, like random events that give you moral penalty for 2 turns because you're scared or something

>Playing VC on VH/VH

>Win a battle with 5000 casualties from both sides
>It allows me to buy a Blood Knight, A Terrorgheist, a Cairn Wraith and a Crypt Horror by turn 11

I think Raise Dead may be a little overpowered.
You should be able to only recruit units similar to what you killed in battle.

You aint going to be able to afford any of that shit at turn 11

I can recruit a Black Coach too. Is it worth anything?

No

Nah, black coaches suck

Is CA at Gamescom?

Anything new about Regiments of Renown besides those 2 lame screenshots with reskinned vanilla units?

>every elector has imperial distrust except Ostland

just fugg my peaceful confederation playthrough to shit.

Regiments of Renown are fucking jewish shit to the max desu. Just implement army/unit levelling mechanic from Rome 2 and an army painter. Done.

Every direct and explicit link was retconned long ago.

All that's left are hints and "Nod nod, wink wink" references.

So the answer is basically: Probably(?)

Rockets, mortars or cannons, which should I bring in my Empire army?

daily reminder
>you will never have a gf

As has been said it was, hell there's a short story where a small town is being raided by some beastmen and then four space marines show up to kill every one of them.

Rockets are my favourite in siege and hellblasters are the best in a field battle.

I was under the impression that hellblasters were completely useless.

i will
someday

>

G O B L I N S

since AE ain't gonna custom music you guys wanna make a sound track?

they were pre patch, now they are german machine guns mowing down english and french at the somme tier

M A R T I N I

The upkeep will murder you

why not just put in rome 1 music? it can't possibly be better than that

>want to play a horse faction
>remember there are siege battles in the game
well fuck

>allowing such a trivial obstacle to stop you
all horse factions have at least 1 or 2 decent infantry units anyway

Army leveling was pretty gay, at least in the way it was implemented in Rome II/Attila.

Also the Regiments are basically secondary content in the Lord packs, the real meat are the lords and the new units.

Literally DEAD faction

The True Kangz will reign eternal.

Do you really have nothing better to do than post the same shit in every thread you pathetic cuck?

>Calls people cuck
>Calls other pathetic

lel

Listen here pal, and listen well, because I will not say it again.

DO NOT post this picture again, you have been warned.

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

considering Attila is objectively the best historical tw game, how should they approach their next one? what time period etc?

Either Medieval 3 or the rumoured Total War: Victoria

Bretonnia sieges are going to suck.

Where can I redeem these?

Glad you enjoyed it.

I'm married, faggot.

He said GF, not husband

so how long until next historical title announcement?

I'm going for a true clusterfuck campaign.

So far I have the faction unlocker (I plan to play Skaeling or Varg), everyone can vassalize anyone, anyone can conquer anywhere (except the norse/woc/beastie boys), morlay's magic, and Empire of Sigmar for new units.

Anything else I should throw in?

What's your favourite empire and why is it the Roman one?

Chaos divided, whatever the beastmen equivalent is, AI colonize more, more aggressive AI

Faster horde faction respawn or whatever it's called.

I've literally never seen someone mention the steam tank, is it worthless?

You talking about the faction unlocker that's out of date? I think that crashes when Chaos invade now.

GAS THE GOBLINS, CRUSH THE GOBLINS, DESTROY THE GOBLINS.

>literal pleb tier empire

>Chaos divided

Yeah I got that one, looks cool but I don't know if it works for Norscans.

Haven't found that one, still looking.

>I think that crashes when Chaos invade now.

Shit, really? There's at least two I know of, hopefully one works.

youtube.com/watch?v=n6F7X4OnULk

>Roman

youtube.com/watch?v=ogTDa-vG2MQ

youtube.com/watch?v=YdXQJS3Yv0Y

I unironically love this song

>get stainless steel 6.4
>start a save as crusader states
>can't field decent size armies because get immediately raped by upkeep costs->can't train troops anymore
>fatimid declare war
>get raped

>start a save as fatimid
>literally make more money per turn than it's possible to expend, even when constantly training troops, hiring mercenaries and building settlements
>steamroll everything

what is the point of this

My Amicus

That's because it's unironically GOAT

Why would you remind anyone that this garbage exists?

>allying
>not confederating

SS difficulty is selected along with its faction.
Also get gud.

u wot cunt

if by 'worthless' you mean indestructible yes

Have an updated version.

>happy Franz
This is
It's just too beautiful.

Late or Early era campaign?
You gotta ally with Ottoman ASAP and rush the fatimids, just rush the bigger cities and exterminate population, you can hold fortresses and Jerusalem easily.
I think theyre better early era but im not sure.

Ok I did some tests for you, this is turn 2.
I got Gaza and a positive balance.
Rush Gaza and cap it turn 2, I autoresolved it and lost 70 men, they will never get it back, ignore the rebels around you until you weakened the Fatimids enough.
Try to keep the Turks off your ass at all cost, they usually ally with you if you ask them tho.
Ask the Pope to call a crusade on Egypt, you will benefit greatly from it.
Disband those fucking mercenaries in your northern cities, those armenian archers for example and the knights to make some money.
Stick to militia and your insanely cheap yet strong knight/religious units.
Kinda funny that Crusader States rely on units from castles generally speaking yet they start with no castle.

A short version would be better.

>rome
>an empire
>gods aren't even real
>needed slaves instead of HARD WORKING FREEMEN AND FREEWOMEN OF SIGMAR

Tilean please.

thanks, though my attempt was late era. I see my approach was exactly the wrong one, I allied with the fatimids in a bid to keep them off my back until I'd be strong enough but conquering the rebels is expensive and doesn't pay your money back very well, while the fatimids WILL declare war on you no matter what and the longer you wait the stronger they get

Who is the most autistic character in warhammer?

>/twg/ has fallen so much it now talks shit about Rome

>imblying sigmar is a real god and not some stinking barbar

Mannfred

t. Ar-Ulric

>Making speeches to dead husks
Biggest autist in the Old World

Republic>Empire rex go home

I generally advise Early era as Crusaders because you get most of your strong units reaaaally early, they reach their peak unit-wise 100-200 years earlier than most others while not suffering in numbers.
Longbows, Zweihänder, all sorts of knights since you can build chapterhouses, even the militias are fucking strong.
But they only get basic cannons and not even muskets, not even full-plate units kek.

Malekith is thousands of years old and still lives with his mom.

>implying

It topped from 96 A.D to 192 A.D

The Empire did a better job than the republic

Fucking beautiful

I can't wait for the upcoming Legendary Lord pack to be a huge disappointment that's also overpriced.

>Volkmar will manage to be worse than Gelt
>Second LL will probably also be lame as fuck
>Regiments of renown just lazy reskins, no models or items just pallet swaps (muh white griffins)
>Probably like 2 voice lines for the new LLs

All for the low low price of $15

>tfw fire weapons aren't as effective as in Wargame

Looking for a mod to make sure vassals obey instead of rebelling when you declare war on neighbouring factions

>what if they go round?
>they not that smart

Okay, retard.