What do you guys think of the new small trucks coming back to the U.S. market? Why doesn't RAM have one in the works...

What do you guys think of the new small trucks coming back to the U.S. market? Why doesn't RAM have one in the works? Will the Tacoma still stay on the top of the small truck market? I just want to talk about small trucks

I like them as most full-sized pickups never get used because who's gonna use their $50k truck to move bricks?

that being said, 'small trucks' today are still big

>"""small""" pickup trucks

I just use that term to denote trucks below quarter ton

But I love them

They're smaller than quarter ton

They're fucking huge. My mom's new Z71 Colorado is the same size as my old 98 2500. My dad's newer F250 dwarfs my 86 F350XL. It's gotten to the point where many new trucks won't fit in standard garages

They're damn good value.
With Fiat incorporating the Mitsubishi Triton as their own "Fullback", I'd say there's a possibility of the Mitsubishi making a US appearance under the Ram brand.

Congratulations, You've just figured out how the whole automotive industry has evolved the last two decades.

That'd be awesome, since RAM trucks tend to be more affordable than the competition, there might be a sub-20k small truck on the US market.

Just a calculated pipe dream. Imagine the "Ram 50" name rehashed?

Toyota is still sort of carrying the small truck flag, the newest Tacoma in RWD base trim is still only slightly bigger than my '96 model, and pretty much only due to updated safety regulations.

The Colorado is absolutely hideous, which is strange because I think the Silverado is the best looking full size

>buying a "small" truck for nearly the same price as a 1/2 ton

They're not even small anymore, almost the same size as a 1/2 ton with far less towing capacity

Too small too small don't compromise
So have fast too fast don't realize
Have hand on wheel set the sights drive with me
Too fast too fast don't realize
So have fast too fast don't recognize
Have hand on wheel set the sights drive with me
Moving motion
Said move said move it
Somebody better come and drive me
Big truck
Ain't no grave gonna hold my body down
Ain't no grave gonna hold hold my body, hold my
Body
Big truck, come on

saw coal chamber last year for the first time

10/10 would mosh again

what i really want is a ute like those criminals on an island

>form over function
Can't help but feel your priorities in a pickup are skewed.
Thanks, I'm gonna have that stuck in my head for the rest of the day...

>"small" truck
>larger than my full-size '87 Silverado.

Read;

I have one of these. Best ute on the market atm if you can't afford an Amarok

>None of them have 4' between the wheel wells in the bed

Useless for any kind of work besides pulling a light trailer. They fail to meet any market demand and sell like crap because of it (besides the Tacoma)

Crock of shit. They're all rated for over a 1 tonne payload, regardless of arbitrary height.

Also, they meet the market demand the world over, even if not in your country.
Do you just say a bunch if words and hope they make sense?

>Why doesn't Ram have one in the works
Because Dakota

If you're using your pickup for any sort of "work", why the fuck do you have a styleside?