No Man's Sky General - /nmsg/

Why am I compelled to keep playing edition?

If you are having trouble launching/running the game read these:

Official PC support page w/ min specs:
no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/pc-support/

Gsync fix may help performance:
pastebin.com/i2UX1XR0

Experimental patch (REQUIRES STEAM):
steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/7/360672304897578119/

How to get the Atlas pass:
eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-12-no-mans-sky-atlas-pass-how-to-get-atlas-pass-v1-v2-v3

No Man's VR:
youtube.com/watch?v=d0XnScedlwg

Reminder that Sean wants to add freighters and base building with free DLC.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!nYRGXLbB!8XqkkHxbt-0Gki1YXVW0fQ3dSNg_0Y8kt5cPXabZaK8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the old one fucking was fucking purged before I could post a link to this one, ffs talk about a split second

>tfw no pets even though they can become pets the patch note said
>tfw holding out in hopes they add pets with basebuilding and freighters
>tfw know it'll never happen
I just wanna live on a nice comfy planet with my unicorn raptor and gremlin dammit.

fag :^)

who /trippinballs/ here?

OK, so I think I fucked my game up. I wanna start again. how do I do this?

So Atlus and Atlus path are cool but Im ready to backtrack after a bit of exploring in this current galaxy.

Im kinda inclined not to follow the Atlus path purely because I have the choice. I basically used it to get the Atlus Pass V1 and other then that Im more interested in exploring pervoiusly visited galaxies right now

What path are you guys taking? What is your motivation/objective right now?

>unicorn
>2 horns

>unicorn
>no corn to speak of

following the atlas path has led me to a distress signal on a ship, with no hostile ships in the area and some neutral ships attacking the signal ship. when i attack the signal ship the attacking ships leave and im attacked by sentinel ships. if i just wait it out nothing happens.
i havent tried attacking the neutral ships yet, but why doesnt the distress ship send out sentinel ships to attack it's npc attackers instead of just sending them against me?

also can i just skip this event?

that's not the unicorn user, that's the gremlin.
this is the unicorn raptor.

at some point I went off the path and it stopped giving me waypoints altogether

you don't have to do anything, jsut right click in the galaxy map menu so you can look around freely and click on a star you want to warp to

wew game uses opengl, that explains why it runs like literal garbage on anything but nvidia. what a great idea hello games!!!!

But it actually runs better on AMD.

I have been spending the ;ast 3 days on my second ever planet. Got my omnishit maxed out, up to a 32 slot ship and 31 slot exosuit. I will max out everything, stock up on goods and bolt aimlessly across the galaxy, don't even have atlas pass. I'll just roam around looking for the best ship design to buy or something.

Delete the DefaultUser folder

'no'

I'm trying to find the best crystal multitool. it's a bitch to find almost all the guns are shitty destiny tier rifles.

What ship should i buy?

the sentinels ship. find a way to lure them into the space station and try buying it.

The one with the most slots you can afford.

That's literally the only determining factor.

So is "no multiplayer" confirmed then? Or are there only a few people in any one lobby at any one time?

An atlus pass v1 will make your life a lot easier, since every space station has a suit slot upgrade behind the left side door.
What's the cap on the suit, 40 slots?

Also has anyone actually run across an already discovered system yet?

>tfw it seems I'm the only one enjoying this game
Just played 7 hours straight, pretty much loving the whole thing.

I never would've payed 60 bucks for it, though...

yeah there is no multiplayer

post delicate landings

When I realized I would fly around half this planet and then slowly get into its atmosphere to land, I almost jizzed.

torrent when

what do you guys think the building mechanics will be like? prefab structures or you think we'll get to build neat shit ourselves?

Dude there's at least 5 torrents.
Most popular one (trusted GOG) has around 3000 seeders.
You're an imbecile.

How to find crashed ships?
Like what do i search for with the scanner?

I hadn't even bothered looking, but thanks for all the snark with the spoonfeeding.

Mod to remove scan lines, chromatic aberration and other shit

mega.nz/#!nYRGXLbB!8XqkkHxbt-0Gki1YXVW0fQ3dSNg_0Y8kt5cPXabZaK8

Paste file inside
"C:\Games\No Man's Sky\GAMEDATA\PCBANKS"
file name must start with "_"

or equivalent

why is it so low? Usually new releases will have hundreds of thousands of piraters. Are people just put off completely given the shit reviews?

>I hadn't even bothered looking

>chair has interact option
>it just spins
This is the moment i regretted my purchase.

Correction: It has almost 5000 seeders.

I guess PC mustards are too elitist to play shitty PS4 procedural games.

Anyway the torrent loaded fast as hell for me, so just do it user.

I paid for it, I enjoy it as a time waster and look forward to seeing where it's going.

I would pay for Star Citizen to have the same factor but cooler looking shit.

The only thing getting on my fucking nerves are the planets aren't diverse at all, They all have the same Topography and are just different colours.

I'd like to see half destroyed planets, planets with hallowed cores, planets with mountains (Actuall fucking Olympus mons and mt everast mountains)

But avast, that would be expecting too much from a game this day and age.

break into abandoned buildings, fiddle with the terminals near NPc's and you can find em' I found mine by flying about blasting shit with my mining beam, and it auto locked onto the crashed space shit.

>Blast abandoned space ship
>Has everthing maxed out
>took 6 hours to fix all it's shit
>fly through space battle
>get shrekt
>find body and get shrekt again

>arrive at my first red star system because the yellow ones are absolute dogshit
>sentinels are hostile everywhere and they keep spawning every 5 seconds

Activate those orange beam pillars with a bypass chip (easy to make with iron and carbon) and select "transmission". Beacons will also lead to chrashed ships sometimes. The crashed ship symbol is a little circle with a dot in it. Sometimes they are quite far away. It's quicker to leave the atmosphere and fly over the planet most of the time.

Do manufacturing shits always have the best recipes?

It runs so "well" on both manufacturer's product that 1080 SLI gets the same result that a single one, while a Fury X Crossfire performs worse (!) than one. Meanwhile the FPS values are roughly the half / two-third with every card (!) of what they should be with a decent port.

Wish we could have an offline play option to randomize or input our own seed for the universe/galaxies honestly. It'd be real neato for it to be controllable imo.

How the hell do I get atlas pass v2 and v3?
All I get the whole time are technologies that I know already...

>SLI
>Crossfire
Truly the dankest memes.

Dual card setups haven't been good for anything since the Geforce 4 line.

Found a cool little bug that changes your ships appearance without it having to cost you anything

>buy another ship
>go inside
>reload previous save
>ship looks the ship you bought but you still have your gold and items

I can confirm this.
The game should run 60 fps no questions asked on my system, yet it sometimes drops to 40 or even 30.

Also graphics are complete puke.

But still I like the game so far.

damn that's crazy that you can get so far without having to travel

were you able to get the warp drive upgrades? (to go to other classes of stars besides yellow G class or w/e)

i dont know what the cap is but i have 42 so far

i am no expert but i think these 2 dont really match

posting to confirm this works

there is a subreddit now for NMS mods and I saw it there

Is there also a mod to improve fps stability?

kek

Now that you've done with your first dose of "dank" and "meme" today, you might as well go back and read my second sentence. Right after it, I suggest thinking about why I still mentioned the dual-VGA setups despite knowing how inefficient they are.

I didn't drag the visuals in the discussion for a reason, as with the current quality should run on a better microwave oven without issues. The port is simply atrocious: stability issues, highly inefficient, and it seem it has zero PC-specific optimisations.

>Fury X Crossfire performs worse (!) than one
lmao

%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\HelloGames\NMS\
Its DefaultUser for GoG and something random for steam, like sti157884322 or something. Delete the files in here or move them elsewhere to keep as a backup.

opt into the beta patch on steam if you own it

if not, disable vsync in-game, turn fps cap to max and use your drivers or nvidiainspector to cap frames

omni has 24 max ship and suit have 44 max

Not true.

It's a highly efficient way of increasing your power bill.

also how you dupe items if you die then reload previous save user.

I think I've had my fun with the game, it's feeling very samey and repetitive now.

No multiplayer, though reddit found the player model textures.

Cap is 48 for Suit and Ship

You are not but there have been a lot of shitposting with people calling shills every time somebody have expressed positive feedback over the last days.

I did pay 60 bucks for it but that's not an issue for me. But then again, where I live 60 bucks don't get you that far.

same
sure i'd like to get a bigger ship and a better multi tool, but thinking about the amount of repeatitive shit i gotta do for it, makes me not wanna play anymore

it's a shame that this game is lacking things to do

try disabling the Gsync. That worked for some. You can do it by editing the option in the text file from true to false.

Amongst that, finding the final lifeform after searching across the planet and back for two hours is not particularly enjoyable with no way to scan for unknown creatures.

This game is pretty, too bad there isn't much to do.
It is fucking neato to explore a bunch of different planets and rename them though.

I have spent the last 30 hours doing nothing but looking for v2/3 passes with the suggested methods and have come up completely empty, I'm starting to doubt they even exist

Just checked it out. It's in the Binaries/Settings folder. It's called TKGRAPHICSSETTINGS.MXML

Gsync alone isn't enough for my system with low framerates and hitching here and there, though I've only had one (two technically, but it was the same cause, a likely unknown Tool Tech in a cargo cabin.)
i5 and GTX 660ti. 16gb of memory.

Is this what you have done?
>Upon finding an orange beacon planetside and unlocking it with a bypass chip, select Colonial Outpost. Travelling to the Operations centere and correctly solving the numeric riddle has a chance to net you the v2 pass.

wait what makes the railgun so good? i seem to be mining slower and overheating way more, why ever use it?

It's not good unless you combine it with mining mods.

Who said it was good?

>get to the priest and choose the black hole
>the atlas marker is a gazillon light years away now
>no new black holes
>center of galaxy is a gazillon light years away

what do i do? how do find a new black hole or atlas thing? did i fuck it all up?

i have it combined with mining mods, it doesnt seem any better is what im saying, it overheats in 3 resource collections instead of 6 like i was doing before i made it

borderless, AA off (turn it on in nvidia panel), vsync off, fps set to 'max', everything on high except reflections on medium, shader cache off in nvidia panel. use nvidia's 390.00 opengl drivers

on an i7, 970, 16gb, ssd I'm getting 70+ fps at all times. I've got 30 hours in the game without a single crash.

who /no problems/ here?

It doesn't mine slower and with all cooling upgrades is takes a long time to overheat

Correct, but you never get rewarded an atlas pass

Anybody autistic enough to collect all Altas words to read their texts? Considering it's 1 word per monolith it's gonna be one hell of a grind without cheating

Rate my ship, on a scale of 1 to dragonfly.

Do you get rear view in that thing?

Would it be possible to just download the preorder ship somehow and just install it into the steam release?
Cause its kinda fucking neato looking, and I didn't get a good enough computer till after it came out.
I was interested in it, but just didn't get around to preordering.

Are ships randomly generated or is there a finite number of models, like 10 or 15?
And can you in any way change ship appearance?

pls help

Is there a way to land manually and/or stop mid air for hovering?

Do I get different technology from the same facility when I reload?

pretty sick tbqh

rate my slugship

I don't have that problem with it but its primary function is to make the beam more useful and capable of breaking down stuff like reinforced doors. And unlike the boltcaster it is a hitscan weapon

Nope, but I've come to roll so I can see the ground.
You can trick the ship in getting closer to the ground by rolling and pitching up at the right angle.

I stood on numerous space stations waiting to buy a new ship and the race that 'owns' that system seem to play a large part in what types you see frequently.

Ok that's useful, thanks lad

>tons of hours in
>still NO FUCKING NEW MULTITOOL
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's random. You are not guaranteed a pass, just like you are not guaranteed that the colonial outpost is an operation center.

Except its 48

it's fat

also why are you taking a photo of your monitor

well i finally found flying worms

also pls help im lost