European Muscle Cars

Is there something as european muscle cars?

This and the Jensen Interceptor comes to my mind.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jG8JPZ3YUH0
hotrod.com/how-to/engine/hrdp-1001-muscle-car-engine-shootout/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mercedes 450 SLC 5.0

Germans are better at muscle cars than Americans honestly

You're missing the big point of muscle.
CHEAP V8's.
a cheap new V8 doesn't really exist in yorup unless it's an imported Mustang or Camaro.

Yeah I bet all that plastic and overheating engines make it muscle.

>7.4L v8

>240HP

>Muscle

lol

As an American, you are subjectively wrong. There was nothing cheap about an scj or semi car or zl1 car. The mustang and canaro aren't muscle cars as well, they're pony cars

A v8 mustang is like €90k here

Basically a muscle car shouldn't be dog's bollocks in terms of looks or build,but must be faster/more powerful than other cars

also,I mean,this is the stereotypical european "muscle car"

>Memes
>Semantics

Yes, the new AMG GT is really nice aswell, but it's just missing this craziness compared to the SLS AMG
youtu.be/jG8JPZ3YUH0

Your whole argument was cheap power, yet when they were new muscle cars with the engines you jerked off to were anything but.

None of the big motored muscle cars were ever cheap dude.

The cheap ones were all pokey i6 and 130HP V8s

>unless it's an imported Mustang or Camaro
Lol no, import fees, registration fees and taxes will take care of that.

A cheap V8 doesn't exist in yurop.

Well you could get a best to shit old used by
>But cucked by less than 5l v8s

>cherry picking numbers from the middle of the malaise era
Try this:
>7.0L V8
>426 HP

That's a 1970 Chrysler 426 Hemi V8, aka "The Elephant Motor"

>cheap

too bad they didnt make that much power

probably about 300-350hp in the real world

that was an insanely expensive car too

this is a true cheap V8 car of the time that ran low 14s

>360 HP
>4.9L V8
Meet the 67-69 Chevy Camaro Z28. They were underrated from the factory for insurance reasons.

>426HP gross

so about 280hp real world

got it

>4 door
>muscle car

Muscle cars aren't used to haul around the 12 migrants living in your house Hans

didnt even make over 300hp when in a car

it only made 360 with no accessories and headers installed on an engine dyno

>thread for European muscle
>discussing American cars
no one does muscle like the Americans... except maybe the Australians

You realize all American HP ratings in the 1960s were total bullshit right?

lies. It was rated at 290 HP in the car. Hot Rod magazine tested it on a dyno at closer to 360 HP.
hotrod.com/how-to/engine/hrdp-1001-muscle-car-engine-shootout/

Alfa Romeo Montreal master race

Notice how they are testing the motors with no accessories or transmission.

in germany they aren't as expensive as they are in America, just like how our muscle cars are cheap here but 50K+ for a base mustang GT there

but they're more realistic numbers.

oh and it wasnt cheap either

it cost about the same as a Corvette

with headers, no accessories and on an engine stand

360 is still gross so it makes what 270-280hp in the real world?

>Our pair of 302ci small-blocks was run at Westech on the Superflow 902 in the same configuration, meaning no accessories, an electric water pump, and 1 3/4-inch, long-tube headers. Both motors were run with the same 750 Holley Street HP-series carburetor used previously on the 327 and 289.

How's that?

>dynoing a freshly rebuilt motor on an engine stand with not so much as a water pump being driven

>real world power

Because the engines were originally rated at 290 HP gross. It's closer to 300 HP net.

6.8L with 428HP at the rear wheels including the losses from the automatic transmission even

no bullshit engine stand dynos

And it sure as fuck wasn't cheap.

The old C63 AMG was probably the closest thing to a European muscle car in recent years.

>big N/A V8
>big power
>RWD
>couldn't turn because too much power

From what I found they the original factory price was around $3,500, which is about $23k in today's money.

Anything close to 290 HP for 23k isn't too bad at all, especially for the 60s. That's near what ferraris where putting out during that time

except cars have gotten more progressively expensive and simply adjusting for inflation doesnt work out

its still a 15 second car so theres no way in hell it actually made even 290hp

It was still a good deal for the time.
For 23k today, you can get a 300 HP Mustang 3.7L V6 or a 270 HP Camaro 2.0L Turbo

and both of those cars are leagues faster while weighing more

hmm something doesnt add up there does it

and no its a shitty deal when you can get a 13 second AMC for the same price

>couldn't turn because too much power
>because too much power

The most important thing is to believe it

>late 60's muscle cost an arm and a leg
>"cheap"

No

> yuropoors don't understand muscle cars: The Thread

>yuropoors don't understand "my dick is small and I have to compensate for it" American """cars""": The Thread

The Capri is not a muscle car, it's barely a sporty coupe.

> missing the point, then predictably fixating on cock: The Post

Thats what it means to be a pony car you fucking moron not a muscle car

they are a bit to 1337
like says aside from a few late 70s wank cars

>The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines muscle cars as "any of a group of American-made 2-door sports coupes with powerful engines designed for high-performance driving." A large V8 engine is fitted in a 2-door, rear wheel drive, family-style mid-size or full-size car designed for four or more passengers. Sold at an affordable price, muscle cars are intended for street use and occasional drag racing. They are distinct from two-seat sports cars and expensive 2+2 GTs intended for high-speed touring and road racing.

European V8s (lol) are sports cars. Only American cars are even qualified to be muscle cars.

these faggots will actually argue with the dictionary definition of a muscle car user, I've seen it before. Good luck Br/o/

Everyone wants their special snowflake to be called a muscle car.

Opel Manta dude

It was a giant v8 shoe horned into a sedan, is that not the definition of a muscle car?

American muscle cars are complete shit tho

Sports muscle is actually good

I dont know how a riced out looking Mustang with a Corvette engine and a pricetag more than a Ferrari changes anything

it's a fast rectangle
that's what makes a muscle car.
relative swiftness and squareness

That was just a token defense, objectively you're probably right

Subjectively though, fuck no

Muscle cars are 2-door vehicles.

>All the fun of a muscle car with all the luxuries of a comfy sedan

If you can afford the upkeep, get an M5

Where was the Pantera made?

Italy.
It had a ford motor though

There has never been a point to muscle cars in Europe. They were historically as they are presently too expensive to run, and when they run they just run you into the next tree because they can't turn to save your life.

At the very best there are a few British roadsters with "Rover's" (in)famous 3.5L aluminium V8 shoehorned into.

Hans staph pls

why are you so fucking retard to call nowadays merc family sedans muscle cars you fucking idiots

>inb4 hurr durr german engineering and big engine

remember for gods sake that the most important thing in muscle car is sporty look...

and if the thread is about european cars dont fucking limit yourselves to posting only german cars

>remember for gods sake that the most important thing in muscle car is sporty look..

most muscle cars were generic shitboxes with big engines

Thats a proper sports car though, not muscle.

all sports cars

Aston Mustang, anyone?

>plastic over-engineered pieces of shit are better than cheap, metal push-rod V8's.

>old mercedes V8
>plastic

So Chevy Novas, Chevelles and Impalas aren't muscle cars then.
Gotcha. I'll go tell the boomers that someone on the internet applied a two door limit on muscle cars retroactively.

Renault Alpine

that's a sport's car

your mom's a sport car, faggot

That's basically a French 911 rooted in rallying.

Cool, yes, but not a muscle car.

Fuck off tripfag

BRO CALM DOWN ITS A PRANK

It is literally an european foxbody.

well my mom is an alpine so you are right sir

Only in terms of looks, sort of.

This is a muscle car. Lots of interior space, big trunk, bigger engine, 2 doors (or 4 if you are a boomer with the wrong body style) and blue collar affordability. There's a reason an Imperial of the same year is a luxury coupe and the Fury was a muscle car. A Mercedes by that set cannot be a muscle car. Did they make a 2 door V8 car that was powerful? Yes. Could your average blue collar worker afford one? Not even. It was meant to be a David v Goliath only David loaded his sling with 350+ ci of engine.

It looks good, can turn and the engine is in the back, so no.

it's neither very powerful or fat or can't turn
so no

You do know muscle car is a subjective term right?

I dont know why but I want an "old" c63. How much of a pain in the ass maintaining those glorious 6.2l beast cause I may want one when they cost 10K even if by that time I could buy mustang gt with modern suspensions.

Now Kit Kat I expected more from someone that frequents CCG. It's a defined objective term.