Rainbow Six Siege General - /r6g/

Please buy our merchandise edition
Previous thread: blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-operation-skull-rain-recruits-brazils-bope-operators/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/index.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=JAwgzzN6RfQ

Livestream demo
youtube.com/watch?v=n01smDYjg9E
youtube.com/watch?v=MvvD9nkzsns

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO

>Teamspeak for Veeky Forums operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations

>Official news
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/index.aspx

rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/dustline.aspx

blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

>Developer AMA Recap
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1349361-Developer-AMA-Recap

>Maps and drawing tools for all available gamemodes
r6maps.com/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/whiteboard/landing.aspx

>Weapons and Armor damage comparisons
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

>Known Issues:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

>Basics of CQB Pastebin
pastebin.com/ECbQGdVk (embed)

>Steam group player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nB6S5xtZFuAlnX24VG6IVvOYnI18oOlV2W0SPM3OjaE/edit?pli=1#gid=375665432

>Console group
PS4: Add dazint8 or Omegaplaya and join the /r6g/ community that way
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI (the 'I' are capital 'i's)

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current windows, all maps, all modes.
legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

>WIP /r6g/ guide for crosshair overlays, tactics etc
hnng.moe/7Ik

reminder that you need to flank or c4 blackbeard and if you disagree he's balanced you are a single solitary samefag

Second for getting kicked from a match before I even load the map because high levels are arseholes :^)

Get to around level 35 before you go into ranked, while it was shitty to kick you they're probably right to do so for their sake.
You likely don't know enough about the meta to be a valuable addition to their team.
Play casual for a while longer, gain some ranks, learn the maps.
Ideally you want to go into ranked with at least 2 friends to have the vote majority and effective communication with half your team

Get a trip so we can ignore you easier please

Bruh stop the memes we get it

I don't think I'm learning much by shitting on people in Casual, especially when nobody has been communicating and nobody experienced has explained the meta to me.

All I've picked up is shitters play pulse and GSG 9 operators are great

>Atleast 3 Roamers on the defense team
>2 of them give you wallhacks
>Still can't flank this loud as fuck 2 - 1 speed operator
>still insisting on peeking him

Blackbeards shield is Op if you try to fight it, i tested that it takes 10 Shots to break with a Rifle (M416/Tachanka LMG)

You making shit argument every thread until he is fixed won't help anyone fuck off and have a (You)

webm related is the average person complaining about Blackbeard

xD woopsie shoulda flanked or used C4 xD

DEFENSE MEANS LE DEFENSE

>le blackbeard hater.gif

If you're consistently placing at the top of your team and know the maps well then you're probably ready to head into ranked.
Complete the situations if you haven't and need to rank up.

Why is it every game I try to get into the general just becomes intolerable from shitposting within a day

cuz u shoulda flanked or used c4

lol i have that gif too!

guess i shoulda flanked or used c4 XD

/r6g/ threads start off with a mandatory shitposting spree
It's annoying but it slows down drastically after about 100 posts

Your argument is based entirely on the fact that the defending team in there is 100% aware it's Blackbeard they are attempting to peek.

All your video shows is them peeking an attacker and getting killed before they have the ability to react to "Oh shit it's Blackbeard" - who then proceeds to kill 3 of them with impunity

Whether or not that is precisely what happened in this webm, who knows, maybe they did know it's the Beard and tried to peek him anyways... But the situation I just described is the status quo for that fucker.

When you say "Don't peek BB" look at the entirety of that room he essentially locks down, preventing movement or any sort of retaliation. That is over half the actual space of that room. No other character in the game can do that. It's quite literally bananas.

Keep in mind I'm pretty much on my way to a BB main, since I'd be stupid not to use him.

Somebody post that buffed Blackbeard art work

He needs hat double shield.

Blackbear being on the enemy team is a 95% just like a Pulse on the defending team.

Defenders have plenty of ways to get intel (Cams + Blackeyes, Pulse, Caveira), its also pretty easy to figure out if its Blackbeird by the sound of his guns or his voice or even his footsteps since the only other 3 Arma Op would be Fuze and + Shields that you can always hear.

3/5 People are also always roaming so flankig shouldn't be a problem those and considering your normal roamers are Valk,Caveira and Pulse they can Nitro him aswell.

I'm not saying Blackbeard isn't broken im saying he isn't as Op as shitters make him out to be.

Too many retards just try to peek him for no reason even when they know its him and most Blackbeard players are also retards that only pick him because he is headshot proof.

webm semi related

>don't peek blackobeard
>posts webm of a guy running out and rushing blackobeard
>"le counter"

guess i should flank or use c4 xD

>I'm not saying Blackbeard isn't broken im saying he isn't as Op as shitters make him out to be.

I think the issue is you guys inflate the complaints, and misconstrue the arguments against him. BB is clearly too good, and all the big named ass-holed have unanimously agreed with that since launch. I don't think anyone wants him removed from the game, but we'd either like the "OH SHIT IT'S BB" to not result in you getting fucked even if you landed 4 round burst on his shield before you brain kicked into his hit markers. There is a biological delay to information processing, and in the time it takes for you to snap on BB, fire, process it's him, and then react by running away, all BB has to do is shoot at you.

So knowing that, you have to treat every hallway, every window that busts a hole, every action as potentially BB, and it's just not fun.

People just want him tweaked or toned to be less, for lack of a better word, amazing. He just has no downsides. He can take all rewards with none of the risk if played well. I run my BB with breaching charges, the SR25 with a red dot or ACOG and I basically can do every role in the game by myself. It's ridiculous

For the record, peeking attackers is a shit tactic in the first place. But you don't give a fuck, because half the time you get the first shot and all you care about is getting more kills than your teammates so you can be top dog.

If you would just defend properly and force them to walk in, they'll be hit from both directions, not to mention kapkan/beartrap/zapwire, smoke and nitro cells, but most of these don't matter much because the team has already peeked and gotten BTFO so much there's only one or two people left in objective room once they move in.

>get pushed by BB
>still die

Oh what did I peek or something? Should have I flanked or used C4?

Fuck off.

>Defenders feel like hot shit taking potshots at attackers outside
>Generally a 50/50
>Blackbeard makes that a 0/100
>Everyone loses their shit
>People still go for that possible 50/50 peek anyways
>If they'd just keep their heads down and wait it would be 80/20
>MFW my whole team wants to be rambo shooting out windows

>le peek meme

guess its no longer flank or c4

its FLANK OR c4 dont peek xD

So when BB pushes you, what do you do? You can't kill him in 1 hit, he has a shield. Oh, but he can kill you in 1 hit.

He's not OP btw :)

If your team isn't retarded they know where he's coming in. You should also have two people watching the entrance. You could also have any number of the traps or devices I listed to use, but worse case scenario he can only kill one of you.

If you're alone in the objective room during a push, you've got bigger problems than blackbeard. How's silverIV treating you?

Just wait for him to breach you

webm related
Fixing Blackbeard wouldn't even be that hard, instead of reducing the recoil with the shield they shouldn increase

>But shields are heavy

And the Heavy Barrel attachment will increase recoil (Mabye they will change it)

Make his shield bullet resitance instead of bullet proof. Make it reduce 20-30% of the damage that way he won't die in 1 Headshot but 2 or so.

It would still give him a advantage while peeking but won't make him flate out win every Head level peek against a equally skilled player.

As of now Pulse is way more broken then Blackbeard atm

>enemy team shoot all cams
>how do I know they have a bb in the first place without peeking?

It's like you've never played the game.

>So when BB pushes you, what do you do?
Shoot him in the temple, as it's impossible for him to aim and vault at the same time. Or shotgun him in the gut. Or in the back of the head while he's shooting your teammate. Or take the bullet while your teammate shoots him in the back of the head.
Provided you have any teammates that didn't already try to peek him XD etc

All indoor cameras can ID enemies from any location they can be shot from. There's also Valkyrie.
There's also the fact that peeking and scouting are completely different things. You might not believe this, but it's possible to look at the enemy team without spraying at them wildly.

Too late, he shot me in the head.

Can't do it to him. Not OP by the way.

Or throw one of the 4 nitros on your team

You forgot that his gunshield makes him loud as fuck

>flank or use c4

JUST
DONT
PEEK
ANYONE
EVER
YOU DUMB COCKSUCKER

Seriously how do you people survive against a plat Glaz or even a MR Twitch? Do you really try to long range mac slap everyone at every possible opportunity with no thought at all?

>pushed
>didnt peek
>still lose

"H-he's not OP!"

How can you guys be this objectively wrong. I thought having a shield strapped to your head would've made it obvious but apparently there needs to be a second holocaust.

Bummer, sorry you're so shit. Maybe someday you'll climb out of silver.

That works too. Shame that roamer meta hardly exists in ranked.

The implication that you're trying to make is that you only ever lose to Blackbeard, which is complete bullshit. You get wrecked regularly because you make shit plays and peek for those LEL S1CK HEADSHOTS, but since a third of the time you get lucky you think it's somehow a viable tactic.
Just because BB is a 100% shutdown to your shit doesn't make him overpowered, it just makes him a hard counter to stupidity.

>"I used BB as a crutch": The

How do you lose to a blackbeard that walks into the room? You can't actually be this bad

ITT: People who can only play Blackbeard and defend him despite how blatantly overpowered he is.

>can't get headshotted
>not OP
>"d-don't peek"

Is this autism or is it just fanta sea

I think the fact you can't headshot him helps.

Also, here's your (You). Nice bait. Got me to reply

Caught in a landslide
No escape from autists

I use Blackbeard but that's because he's overpowered.

>plat Glaz

There's no Glaz except on plane at Plat.

Actually ITT: People who have never seen any play higher than gold, where Blackbeard gets memed on and laughed at on the regular.

I wasn't going to get into this stupid debate, but honestly up until now I thought the NerfBB squad was saying it ironically, I genuinely didn't realize how much of the general was low ranked.

Which I'm not trying to say is bad, the elitist GETONMYLEVEL pricks are even more obnoxious.

I'm just saying that people need to realize there are very different levels of play, and while the BeardHaters need to realize why they're having trouble with him, platinum and diamond players need to realize that considering how much trouble players are having with him in casual a nerf wouldn't actually be a bad thing for the community at large, because it honestly wouldn't affect us in the slightest.

>blackbeard isnt op!
>how do you survive against XYZ?
>xyz don't have shields strapped to their heads.

Down syndrome is prevalent on Veeky Forums

>tfw fuze shoots nade throught castles barricade and then a BB shoots you through that tiny hole

Every operator presents a change to the game. Pulse, Thermite, IQ, Castle(kek), all of them bring something to the game that changes the way you play. It's obviously going to be difficult to adjust when new operators come along and change the meta we're used to.

Consider this - What if the game had no shield users on release, and added Blitz and Montagne in DLC? Would we be seeing the same FLANK OR NITRO LEL memes?

>he's defending BB

Opinion: discarded.

Yes, we would, because at the time of release (and before release, in the beta) no one knew how to counter them, and it took a while for people to learn how.

What? How was that bait? I tried to be as polite as possible.

No, they can't use assault rifles when aiming.

Also their heads are exposed when aiming.

Now that would be a silly concept xD

He literally said a blackbeard nerf would be a good thing

>Actually ITT: People who have never seen any play higher than gold, where Blackbeard gets memed on and laughed at on the regular.

I'm with you on that Blackbeard is not as retardedly OP as everyone says, but he IS used in high level play, in fact, if he isn't picked, that team usually gets cucked.

>Saying Blackbeard isn't OP
>Not bait

Mutually exclusive, user.

This come to think of it. I remember NERF SHIELDS BLITZ OP being the general cry for the first couple months. Shit is jokes now.

If a player should be level 35 before playing Ranked then why is the Ranked requirement 20?

As long as you take the game seriously I don't think anybody should be excluded from ranked play for such a trivial reason.

Based janitor knows Blackbeard is balanced.

Yeah, this basically. And now everyone is memeing Blackbeard being OP... Just give it another couple months and people will stop being retarded and learn that he's really not that great, especially considering the gotta go fast 1 armor ops who can rape him in a 1v1 frontal fight just because of peaker's advantage.

Man I really like how Ubisoft captured Blackbeard's Character from One Piece.

For those who don't know, Blackbeard is a character in the popular Shonen Manga known as Wan Pisu.

Ubisoft recently added this character into the game. In the popular japanese series, One Piece, Blackbeard has the ability to wield 2 (two) devil fruits which is unheard of in the One Piece universe which makes him incredibly overpowered by the Manga's standards.

I feel Ubisoft captured this perfectly by strapping a shield to his head in Rainbow Six: Siege making him incredible difficult, and rewarding to use.

Only players with the highest skill can use him and not get headshotted while going round corners or peeking.

It's a well known fact that Blackbeard players never check their corners or behind when pushing, or use the room to their advantage. They also never move away from C4 charges. Hence why mentally handicapped players say "Flank or use C4, don't peek. Defense means defense."

Their parents had plenty of red flags since birth and always stopped themselves from using a pillow to suffocate them while they slumber, but this may just push them over the line.

Strategy tips for attackers that tend to rush found objectives and die?

flank or use c4
never peek
defense means defense xD

Don't. The only place that works is in casual. Unless you're copper or something shit like that.

Alright, but what do you instead? Insert far away from objective? Aim for nearby rooms?

Flank or use c4

I am not sure what you are asking...

why's the blackbeard shitposting at an all time high

Say you think you're playing players at or above your skill. Where do you enter relative to the objective?

Middle, far away and clear your way in, or close?

cuz u didnt flank or use c4 and MUST HAVE peeked

Some shitter got killed by him a few too many times because they're completely retarded. Honestly, when defense is winning 51% of the time, you would think people would be cool with having an operator that tilts in in attacker's odds, but I suppose not.

Get a team. Your actions are based off your teams actions.

Our attacking team splits into 3 groups typically, one person pushes short path to objective and harasses at safe range to distract and bait peekshots (Windows, tunnels to basement obj, etc)
The two groups of two come from opposite spawns and make a full clear starting away from obj (Top-to-bottom if obj is in basement)
One person drones while the other person follows the drone, then covers while the other person moves up and they rotate.
Once roamers are herded or killed those two groups approach obj from opposite sides to bust and breach, then wait about 30-60 seconds for the defenders to get restless and run through sightlines or try to peek a quickshot.
Drone the room, then smoke/flash and push together.
Find a safe area in objective room and wait patiently for remaining defenders to charge to their death.

t. Helpful Diamond faggot

Ubisoft Shill detected

So the Operator Rework is going to be Glaz where they make his rifle actually lethal at all ranges right?

Since his Scope is tinted red why not give him some form of thermal vision that works similar to Caveira?

5 seconds of Thermal then it goes on cooldown for another 5 seconds.

Was meant for

Honestly there's no excuse for being meme'd on by Saltbeard. If you challenge him at a window you deserve to get fucked.

>b-but I didn't know it was Skillbeard!

If you can't tell what each operators weapon looks like from killcons by now you deserve to be stuck at silver.

I think strapping a shield to his head will balance him nicely user :)

ITT BB shitters beg Ubisoft not to nerf their ez mode because it's the only way they can get kills

>le peek meme

Nice bait. Got me to reply.

They're turning is OTs-03 into the OTs-03A. Prepare your anus.

You forgot to say flank or c4.

I have never seen anything more true in my life.

It depends on the objective. It's best for attackers to attack from a position where:
They cannot be flanked easily;
One of the best examples of this is on Chalet, where the snowmobile garage's door is simply the best place to breach into that objective room. Plane is really annoying since you have to enter the building in order to attack the objective, leaving you vulnerable to flanks, so make sure to have someone watching your back.
They have a good line of sight into the objective area;
A good example is on House garage, where if you can open up both outer and inner garage you will be set to win as attack. If you lose a thermite charge, it can make or break the game for you, since you will not be able to breach the right side door, which is where the defenders will hide.

As a flanking attacker, it is best to sneak your way in from the furthest area from the objective. Make sure you drone your entry room ahead of you, and it's best if you are IQ with a suppressed pistol to take out any cameras on your way to the objective. Only attack once the main attack has already commenced, and try to keep enemies from moving toward the objective. It really does depend on the map though. Also, make sure you are quiet so that you can catch enemy roamers by surprise if they stumble upon you. At the moment though, flanking is kinda broken since Pulse is god tier OP right now, so if you know where pulse is, try to eliminate him first.

As a side note: Favela is really awesome for flanks as attackers since you can utilize the market stairs to enter quietly without breaking any windows or walls. Just make sure you drone first, since right up those stairs you have a sharp corner and a long hallway to cover, so it's easy to be caught looking the wrong way by an enemy roamer.

desu it's not even a meme, it's the fucking truth. Catch BB anywhere but at a window and you can simply shoot him in the body while he stays an unmaneuverable slow fuck, completely incapable of taking advantage of peaker's advantage.

Err it's well known that Blackbeard has a mechanic where he can easily be flanked xD

>he can headshot you
>you can't headshot him

You're telling me to "catch him" and the other time you said DEFENSE MEANS LE DEFENSE XD

Make up your mind.

People who say he is op (which he is) don't flip flop like all you Blackbeard crutchers do.

I use him, because he's overpowered.

He's in every round.

I didn't talk about blackbeard at all in my post, did you reply to the wrong post?

would a nerf even work?

>Shield breaks easier

Any decent player would have domed you before you could even react so that's pointless. Plus shotguns rape BB anyway.

>Increase vertical recoil

Again, any decent player wouldn't even have a problem with that

>Make shield smaller

Still would have next to 0 problems sitting in a window like 90% of BB players

>Delete him from the game

That would probably work

Lets just face it, Blackbeard is one of those characters that ubisoft completely shit the bed with and no matter how you nerf or buff him would always be a problem. (i.e. Pulse)

Get better

You seem to be assuming that you're talking to one person, when in fact there is a number of us above silver who know what a whiny shitlord babby you are.

So you can LEL XD MEMES all you want, but you're only fooling yourself.

>he uses blackbeard
>pulling "you're only rank XYZ" meme

Opinion: discarded.

Look you mongoloid, attackers have to come attack the objective at some point, which is when you kill him. Don't fuck around with him at a window unless you know you can kill him. This is just like a shield. Obviously you don't fuck with blitz if you are Rook, since you don't have C4. Do you babbies want to nerf shields too since they are immune to frontal headshots?

lol u sure told him
us casuals amirite? #nerfeverything #justcasualthings #nerfornothing

In fact, by reasoning, shields are even MORE OP than BB since you literally cannot frontally kill them at all, even with body shots, so the only way is to literally "C4 or flank" meme them.

>kill him
>when he can headshot you but you can't headshot him

You are dumb.

Blackbeard crutch player.

They can't equip assault rifles, and to do accurate aiming you must expose your head.

BUT HEADSHOTS user HEADSHOTS
EVERY BLACKBEARD IS AN INSTANT HEADSHOT MACHINE THERES JUST NO STOPPING HIM

>BB somehow can't shoot back

I did not know this

flank or use c4
DONT PEEK XD
DEFENSE MEANS DEFENSE XD

See Yeah man blackbeard can't shoot you if you catch him LE offguard xD

he also can be flanked SO EASILY XD he never turns around xD ITS BUILT INTO THE GAME XD

>OTs-03A
Oh shit, tell me this is a joke
TELL ME ITS A LIE
TAKE IT BACK

>what is peaker's advantage
So what's playing your first FPS like?