Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Catcom edition

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WeywY1bjY40
examiner.com/article/capcom-reveals-what-s-blocking-monster-hunter-portable-3rd-hd-ver-localization
monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Kokoto_Village
strawpoll.me/10997183/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Eleventh for I wish the stupid "Bonus Shot is a risky skill" meme would die.

second for SEEEEEEEE YAAAAAAAAAAA

Is that a fucking tampon?

It's definitely BEEEE YAAAAAA

>join a room
>"time for some comfy turns hunting!"
>lbg user has lost musket

Fucking kill me.

It is generally considered polite to say see ya before informing someone they wouldn't wanna be ya. Most guildies think that way, you can tell.

I'm 160 hours in and just realized I haven't played a single game with the cat, or even seen anyone online using it. I take it it's every bit as bad as everyone said.

Why haven't you completed her DLC yet, /mhg/?

youtube.com/watch?v=WeywY1bjY40

Can someone that speaks moonrune decipher what armour skills he's running? He has them in the description, but when I put it through google translator I get some nonsense like "hunter of the south wind" and "ballistic strengthening".

Coal Hearted seems like the best way to get Worn weapons.

What's the best way to get Rustshards/Tarnished weapons? I want to make Daora's Razor.

It's basically a cuter Pierce gun, around the middle of the field in terms of power compared to the other weapon types.
That is, when used properly.
Most people that use it online are shitters.

>replacing my brown huntress' hair with that shitty blonde ponytail

No thanks

>hunter of the south wind
wow does he actually use tropic hunter? these red bottles were hot drinks?

Select speedruns are using tropic and polar hunter, yes.

I got the gun, which was enough 9K health, 350% damage Hyper Garuga for me.

Monhun wiki has the skills in moonrune, try copy pasting there.

Playing them sucks until you figure out their gimmick, and then you realize they suck.

Regardless you should at least complete the Arena quest line. I think there's a total of 3 Arena matches as cats, and 4 hub cat quests you gotta do to unlock those.

>350% damage
...Really?
He didn't seem to hit that hard to me

Compared to the baseline.
The normal Hyper Garuga quest has a 265% damage modifier.

Just finished The Fated Four for the first time using a Rathalos set and a power swag axe. That felt less satisfying than the 1v1 with Shaggy Maggy, to be honest.

Is HR stuff only on Hub?

post yer mixsets

end village quests are HR

tropical hunter
aus
pierce up
shot booster
weakness exploit

That run's not a TA.

What are the essential skills for CB? I've heard of people talking about stuff like Load Up

>That run's not a TA
What does that have to do with anything?

are you mental? It was Mega/Demondrug if it was a hot drink you would have seen the icon for it instead of the atk up icon.

I misread your post, my bad.

>hunt for scales
>get gems instead

I don't even want to fully upgrade that weapon.

>i don't know how tropical hunter works
k

I call them Crapcom, lol.

Razor sharp, AuL, (HGE).

Not him, but, why HGE?

not that guy but it was a mega demondrug and yes he's using tropical hunter

i'm chink and 鬼人 are the characters for demon

It's hard to find people grinding out DLC past the day of release.

that doesn't change the fact that it was a Mega Demondrug and not a Hot Drink.

So you could land AED on the head during roars as Striker.

Try posting it in a turn lobby?

Unlocked turns

34-1192-9957-6258

I'm open to the possibility that I might be an incompetent, retarded baby here, but is there actually a foolproof way to deal with Garuga charging at you if your weapon can't block?

Obviously rolling to the right doesn't work, because his head slam is designed to punish that, so that's out.
But rolling to the left seems to end just as often with him stopping on a dime, turning toward where my roll ends, and doing the quick Kut-Ku pecks.

Rolling backward takes you out of range of at least the headslams (but maybe not the pecks), but it's just going to get your ass kicked if he decides to keep charging instead of stopping to peck.
Rolling forward, through him, also doesn't really seem to work, because if I roll soon enough to not get hit by the charge itself, he can stop on a dime and do a peck attack, which tends to land just after my i-frames are up (even with Adept/Evasion), and if I wait long enough to i-frame the pecks, I get nailed by the charge if he DOESN'T stop on a dime to peck.

Am I missing some sort of tell or pattern to what he'll do on a charge? Or is there a direction/window of time you can dodge in that isn't covered by one of the, like, four distinctly different things he seems to be able to do at any given point during his charge?

examiner.com/article/capcom-reveals-what-s-blocking-monster-hunter-portable-3rd-hd-ver-localization

>august 20th 2011
>talks still going for localization of p3rd hd

>august 25th 2011
>p3rd hd releases in japan

>september 12th 2011
>mh4 announced
>mh3g announced

>december 10th 2011
>mh3g released

Man if you want to believe that Capcom scrapped up MH3G in less than 6 months then be my guest. Something like MH4 and MH4G can be developed in tandem, and in fact they do that and they cut the game into vanilla and G release. But 3DS is a new hardware and is built on Tri.

Also Capcom would've mentioned a MH title in the April financial review if that title was meant for the PSP instead. But what happened was they kept everything quiet because saying that you have 1.2 million expectation for 2011's MH when P3rd sold close to 5 million would raise a lot of noise from investors.

And no even if Nintendo was the publisher for Europe and Australia, all profits would go to them. It's not paying out of good will, which doesn't exist in the business world. The localization was still done by Capcom.

A publisher pays money to a platform maker to publish their games on said platforms. It's called royalty and one of the main source of income for the platform makers. Of course being a patron of the platform means certain sets of rules and regulations. And lastly publishing decisions are made by the publishers, not the developers. If say Capcom USA got the directives to publish MHP3rd HD, then their would have gotten the funds to handle all publishing matters.

Fucking hell pick up a book. The idea that a bunch of developers being unprofessional about trophies when they are trying to sell their game on somebody else' platform is fucking absurd. But they seemed to be happy reaping the profits for 500k sales of MHP3rd HD in Japan didn't they?

>is there actually a foolproof way to deal with Garuga charging at you
Don't stand in front of her.

>whore suit has better skills than the actual iconic suit
I
HATE
ZERO
SUIT

>Pictured GaijinHunter as the savior of the West, manly, broad chest, full tasteful beard
>He's an estrogen laden beta male
Fug.

I'm gay and even I love ZSS.
You're just... defective.

Don't listen to anyone that recommends HGE for anything. They're like the people that used evasion +2 or +3 in MH4U.

Yet he has a qt nipponese wife and daughter, and you don't.

I'm from a country where "beautiful" blonde girls are the biggest meme and they are all fucking disgusting.

You need like a million tickets per item.

#
Load Up has always been skippable, especially now with the new hunter art.

Absolute essentials for impact CBs are Razor Sharp and Artillery Novice. I personally run that with AuM and Crit Eye+2.

Some say Crit is useless for CB because it doesn't modify your phial damage, however the bulk of your hits are in fact from your weapon and not phials. Especially against stuff that won't stay put, like Rajang. With that said, if you can squeeze RS on something like the Rathalos set, you can confidently walk around with WE and AuL and perform well.

If you're running elemental, I'd recommend going with whatever element +2 and possibly Focus/Mind's Eye if you want to keep spamming laser beams and UAEDs all day without worry.

CB's an odd weapon that benefits from almost every standard blademaster skill. Razor Sharp is a must. Attack Up and Artillery Novice increase your phial damage. Anything beyond that is personal preference.

You don't really have a choice in the matter when you're the only target on the field, unless you want to run around in circles for 20-30 seconds waiting for Garuga to start an attack with an animation long enough that you can move out of the way, and then get an attack in, and then be moving again by the time it turns to face you for the next attack.

>her
dumb monsterfucker

Never stay in front of his face, ever

Attack from the sides.

Always attack after monster attacks.

This should be in the fucking OP.

Load Up was reworked for CB.
It now lets you get 5 phials out of yellow.

>equip evasion+1
>hit and dodge through the 1 frame nonsense with practice
>or just use a gunner weapon and e a matador

To be honest, I still wouldn't use it over Hayabusa. It doesn't take too much effort to get red and I daresay it's easy to find yourself with excess charge when the hunt isn't going perfectly your way.

I do see the appeal. Maybe my opinion would change when I put it into practice.

Better to do it slowly than not at all.

So who the fuck is even Hero of Kokoto and why he's in charge when Jumbo chief founded the Kokoto village and is still alive?

If all you want is dodging its attacks, your best bet is to circle around clockwise. Because its beak attacks start at its left side/your right, so this way you are much less likely to get hit. You have to be ready for the tail swipe though.
But if you're speaking about the actual instant charge attack with fuckhuge hitbox that stretches out in front of it, even before the attack animation starts... well, there's no real way to avoid it if you're standing in front of it.

>striker
>load up
>insight
>chance
>over limit III
>energy blade III
>mfw

monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Kokoto_Village
>The village is led by the Kokoto Chief, a retired Wyverian hunter who achieved Legendary status for slaying a Monoblos with the Hero's Blade, hunted a Lao-Shan Lung alone, and slaying an unknown Elder Wyvern/Dragon with 3 other hunters after it killed his fiancée. He is also known as the "Hero of Kokoto"

I know /mhg/ hates kogath because frontier but come the fuck on.

Why is Kutku so lewd?

Now that the dust has finally settled can we call agree MHG was mistake?

Definitely far from the best skills I've had in a set, but it just looks so nice.

At least I can look forward to making it a bit better once I get a crit up +3 OOO charm

That's been generally agreed upon shortly after MHX came out.

Welcome to 8 months ago.

i don't know man, it was the first G game in the entire franchise

Nah, it's fun. Sorry you're a 4U baby who needs a carrot to play.
But they should have put in a little bit of a story so you unlock villages 1 by 1, not all at once.
And add less tickets you have to collect or make the courier collect them all for you.
Could've also brought back some monsters like Qurupeco and Barroth.

What if MH5 keeps the old monsters but gives them entirely new moves?

cringe

>over limit
>XL buildup
>monster is either dead or fleeing somewhere as soon as you pop it

Every fucking time

Don't forget hunter's drink and using a deviant weapon.

Looking at the skill, how does chance even work?

>Asta set
>good

One of the best looking sets, yes.

Just like what they were doing the past 12 years?

>Fashion hunter

When the monster is tripped, trapped, paralysed, sleeping, etc, your arts have increased effect. Not sure by how much though.

Try rolling under it's legs as he charges at you to get behind him. If he turns around, try to roll under and behind again because there's a likely chance he'll try pecking at you and will be be facing the wrong way if you time it right. You'll have 3 seconds to either

A: Get a few hits in
or
B: Run away and heal or something

Alternately, you can refer to

Yeah. Problem?

>hero
>for hunting piss easy monoblos with crappy sns, soloing lao and hunting fatasslis or something in party like a scrub
why is my hunter not a living legend then

let's find out
strawpoll.me/10997183/
strawpoll.me/10997183/
strawpoll.me/10997183/

>needs a carrot

At least the option for a carrot is there. Find one complaint that isn't
>Apex is so cancer
>G rank hp is so bloated

Because not only is Apex fine, but standard G rank monsters die in minutes when you've gotten good.

Asta is shit fashion hunter set tbqh.

Amatsu is the best looking set in this game. Tama's is 2nd best.

>marth/lucina armor will have tenderizer and crit boost while still looking like a boss
WHEN IS IT COMING

If the monster is tripped, stunned, trapped, or paralyzed it activates.
It's an arm skill that lasts for a minute when triggered and gives a 20% boost to art damage IIRC, boosts the duration of the buff arts by 20%, and adds a second spin immediately after the first to both Evasion Arts.

This is what I've been doing and it's generally seen the most success, but still doesn't seem to be foolproof.

For reference, the issue that I'm having is not shared by any version of Rathian/Rathalos, Kut-Ku, Gypceros, or any other gen-1 monster that uses that basic skeleton.

Dodging Rath charges is simple - just don't actually be TOUCHING their hitbox once their previous attack concludes, and you'll have plenty of room to dodge out of the way, and if you're using Adept or an Evasion skill, touching it is fine as long as you're rolling during the end of the previous attack. And if you can't go to one side, for some reason, any Evasion skill will also let you roll forward right through the charge and not even have to worry about it.

Kut-Ku and Gypceros are mostly the same, except they can cancel the charge into a peck, which makes forward rolls less safe for evasion skills. if KK/Gyppo cancel into the peck, then you're fine as long as you roll to one side, because the peck is always aimed straight forward, in the direction they were charging.

The problem with Garuga is that he seems to be able to cancel the charge into a peck that is turned clockwise from the direction he charged in, so that there's just a pile of angry beak waiting for me when I come out of my roll/iFrames.

It just doesn't seem like there's a 100% way to avoid sometimes getting hit by a charge, short of A) having a weapon that can block, B) playing super cautiously and just sheathing every time he isn't throwing fireballs or tripping and falling, or C) playing with Palicos or other players to take enough of the heat off of you that you don't care about being 100% foolproof. And I can't really say that I've found that to be true about any other monster, including most of the gen-1/2 crew that most people gripe about.

Modern rathian still has all the moves that gen1 rathian had.

>that face huntress makes
Hello M rating

It's alright. Gotta have more than one fashion set man, gotta have many dozens.

Apex is downright the worst addition to the series by a landslide.
More cancer than all the large elder dragons put together.

Because you've never hunted a Lao-Shan Lung

Apex > Hyper.

Come at me.

but what if i did? i even soloed fucking gog and his 18k hp with crap hitzones jesus it takes fucking forever

Not canon

>join HR lobby for narga cause I need some mats
>the other 3 are on a quest already
>ok shouldn't take long

>been waiting in the lobby for 10 mins now
>they're still not back

something tells me I should leave

What did he mean by this?

Monsters attacks are home into you to a degree, so in case of Garuga peck, don't roll until it actually starts the pecking animation. If you try to roll pre-emptively when it's still running in your direction, you're likely to get hit by the follow up attack.
Just walk around it clockwise as it closes the distance and get ready to dodge at any moment when the actual attack comes. What you're calling charge isn't the attack, and it's not cancelling it. It's just how the monster moves, it will always "cancel" it and follow up with an attack. The charge is when Garuga trips and falls over.

Examiner has shut down, that link is invalid.

I never even brought up the topic of trophies in the first place. I only mentioned the problem about making Ad Hoc Party work outside of Japan, it was you who brought up trophies out of nowhere and then the irrelevant spiel about publishers and developers.

I will admit that the timeline is a bit sketchy, although the discussion about the localisation of p3rd hd could have gone way before Christian Svensson even said something on Capcom Unity.

>use apm to change some names
>can no longer resist other portions of the save editor
>edit in 100k zenny
It won't be long before I'm editing in charms like the cheating piece of shit I am