Only ever driven automatic

Only ever driven automatic

Should my next car (mustang) be manual?

Is it tedious to drive manual? Im a guy who kinda gets a lot of fatigue so i wanna know if its annoying

Is it more fun driving manual?

For the millionth time.

No, it isn't tedious. You forget you're even driving a manual when commuting.
Yes, it's fun.

>Im a guy who kinda gets a lot of fatigue
The fuck does that mean?

>Yes, it is tedious. You won't forget you're driving a manual when commuting.
>It's not as much fun as you think it is.
FTFY

>I don't own a car
Ok

Depends
If you live in a city the stop and go traffic gets annoying but it's not like it's that much of a big deal really
It's not like it's some magical experience that is super fun
It's nice when you get a perfect gear change and you get more control over the car

If your getting a 93 or older you might as well stick with the auto those old t5 trans are pretty much garbage it's hard to find one with the syncros not destroyed

when i write or use my computer/phone a lot my hands cramp up

No, you'll be fine. If its your only car you literally won't think about it after a few weeks of driving

I daily my gt across town, it's no big deal and a lot more enjoyable than my automatic was. Just replace the clutch assist spring with the a steeda one. The stock spring makes the clutch so light you lose a bit of feeling in it. Doesn't cost much takes about 10 minutes and makes a world of difference.

I'm German and everyone here can drive stick comfortably and most cars are still manual. Maybe you have to be the masterrace to drive stick or maybe it's just not all that hard, silly Americans.

>I'm a le eurofag
>silly Americans
>did I mention I'm German
>le America sucks maymay

It's not tedious, just a massive hit to your pride whenever you fuck up

It's great fun in city traffic

>autotragic creeper retards honking at you because you're not crawling forward and maintaining a 2" bumper-bumper distance at 0.00005mph
>tfw wait for the moment when there's almost enough room for the next guy to cut over and lurch forward
>tfw they honk at stoplights because the person in front of you let of the brakes and reduced their reasonable distance to a couple inches, and therefore you should to
>tfw watching middle aged women point at scream when you roll backwards for a split second on hills
>tfw have a valid reason to accelerate quickly besides being a minor hoon ("it shifts smoother so i'm not wrecking the drivetrain, officer, and i never exceeded the speed limit :^)", to which the answer is, "you should get a slower car son, have a nice day")

>tfw all these typos

What the fuck are you on about? If everyone here can drive stick, you can too. You just gotta watch some guide on youtube and go practice. It's only ever Americans being insecure about it like "uh oh, is it gonna be tedious, am I gonna break something, how can you drive AND shift at the same time?"

They simply dont learn it when they get their traffic license.

You cant fault them for that.

you bring shame to whole family

> owning a car with a heavy clutch and crappy shifter

i feel sorry for you bud.

mine is such a minor concern in traffic, i hardly have to think about it, that it by far makes up for it in every other situation.

Yes
No
Yes

You'll likely get frustrated enough learning to regret it but after you get it down you won't think of going back to automatic

Yeah we're the insecure ones
>I'm le eurocuck all our cars out manual
>silly Americans and their auto cars
>wow Americans can drive stick, but I can because I'm European
>I'm European
>European here
Fuck off faggot

If the clutch is hard to push down, it fucking sucks. Test drive it first.

>Yeah we're the insecure ones
>all of that post
Wew lad.

Manual is for the people who enjoy driving.

Automatic is for the people that don't.

Both have their place and serve their function, but if you enjoy driving manual is by far the superior option.

inb4 some autismo thinks driving around the city at night listening to music is "driving"

automatic is for daily driving an relaxing in a nice luxury car with ac turned up

manuals are for poor people and insecure short dicks

forget your driving a manual, yes its fun

sooo fun you forget

It's a bit harder but I drove stick in a work trucks and it's fine. I certainly prefer auto. Unless you want to race it, get auto

What does that have to do with anything you industrial strength cock inhaler.

You could literally not be more triggered over nothing right now. I literally said anyone can learn to drive stick so there's no need to be afraid of anything. But retards turned it into "le I'm superior meme" bullshit.

Yes, you're totally not the insecure one here who's projecting

what i drive a manual because i cant afford a nie car with an automatic

no joke the only real reason people drive manuals is they are too cheap to buy a modern car

I hated driving a manual for about an hour last week. Traffic was to one lane on the highway for an area that should have taken me 10 minutes to get though took me 40 minutes. Traffic dead stop going up hill with the texting hoe behind me getting one inch from my bumper, rolling back fear because manuel. Move a car length once every few minutes. in gear out of gear in gear out of gear

Modern cars can have manual trans in them.

>When you stall and everybody go mad and start honking and screaming because you made them lose a green light.

These kind of people I hate. If you don't instantly go when the light turns green and they get all butt hurt. two second pause to get into gear and release clutch *honk*

I know, it takes like a second or two to get dat sweet and smooth take off but they want you to go full gotta go fast like them.
No wonder automatics in general get worse MPGs than manuals even with current technology.

>not in gear by the time the light turns green
Why are you even driving

>it takes like a second or two to get dat sweet and smooth take off
What

>holding clutch in to wear out that throw out bearing.

The second it hits yellow, I'm in gear and at the bite point moving off. It's just easy and natural for me. But then again, I'm not a pig ignorant American

You just can't drive

>assuming american

>1.5 second pushing the clutch, putting first gear and putting my foot on the gas oedal
>.5 to take off with clutch+gas

But red comes after yellow, why would you be waiting like 5 minutes in gear and at the bite point?

>1.5 second pushing the clutch, putting first gear and putting my foot on the gas oedal
You can't be serious.

>hurrrr

That's not what that fable means.

>being unable to drive
>not having the excuse of being American
It must be horrible being you.

I also forgot
>While also putting super eurobeat

Projecting this much.

Nice trips for someone who can't move off from a stop in a manual.

Neither do you need me to explain to you what it's about, nor do you need me to explain how it applies to Americans who are too proud to admit that not being able to drive stick is somewhat detracting from their quality of life as a motoring enthusiast.

It's not that I can't. I prefer not to hold in the clutch more then I need to do so.

>but but but my style of driving is superior and is better. You suck because that.

Maybe try speaking English first.

We don't drive shitboxes in america and we value our clutches, so we prefer to put it neutral and wait at the stop light like any sane human being would do.

English is my 3rd language, you don't get to rebut valid points by being grammar Nazi.

This is America, we speak English here.

>This is America

OP listen up, all of the people telling you manual a shit are either nocar or have shit cars. I've driven manual my entire life and after a month or so you will actually forget that you're driving a stick and your leg and arm will do it on their own.

tl;dr buy the manual and if your hate it after a few months sell it and buy an auto

>i'm slow and that's ok
this is what consolation prize culture does to people

This is where elitist mindsets get you. On a forum, bitching at people who drive different then yourself.

Ignore all of the other moaning on here. This one is truth.

Actually America is a continent and not all of it speaks English

Are you all really debating which way is better to drive?

Actually America consists of continents and not all of it speaks English

Don't ever talk back to me again

Haha, oh wow. Reminds me of that one time my friend was driving my car on a long ass road trip because I was tired as hell and he was revving it to like 4k RPM every time he'd get going and then ride the clutch for what felt like half a minute. I told him to be more gentle and he was like
"I'M BEHIND THE WHEEL, THIS IS HOW I'M COMFORTABLE DRIVING, DEAL WITH IT"
"Dude, it's my car and it's my clutch your ruining"
Ruining your drivetrain by driving like a retard isn't an artistic choice, it's objectively bad and you should accept constructive criticism if it's valid.

Putting it into neutral at a stop being better isn't up for debate. You're wearing out the throwout bearing by holding the clutch in. There's no two opinions on this.

t. automotive engineer

Don't you ever talk back to me or my son again

He can't move off from a stop in a manual.

Don't you ever talk back to me or my wive's boyfriend's son again.

>fuccboi3.jpg

Leave me and my wife's son alone

How'd he move at all then? Getting a tow start like a glider aircraft?

Supposed to redline that shit and hold the clutch in as long as you can. After that drop that sum bitch like its hot.

No-one ever said to hold the clutch in at a light you ignorant peon, I said that you should be moving by the time the lights have gone from red-yellow to green. If you're not, you can't drive manual.

>Red yellow to green.
It goes from Yellow to red and then green my nigga

its fucking annoying most of the time, i do agree its way more engaging and shit but it aint fun in nyc traffic, only time i really enjoyed it was late night drives in light traffic, do for a weekend car yes, daily, no unless its a shitbox with a cheap clutch to replace.

It goes red, red-yellow, green, yellow, back to red here.

ys, manual is tedious, buy an automatic mustang, or better yet, buy an automatic twin cam turbocharged skyline.

the mustang is for for raw power while the skyline can turn on a dime

We don't have those intermediate lights though, here it goes straight to green from red, hence why manual drivers usually get caught off guard.

I don't think it does in the land of the autotragic transmission.

He needs baby step lights to show him how to drive. You can't make this stuff up.

I only start rolling when the light has been green for a half to a whole scond.

Seen too many idiots blasting red lights to launch at yellow

To be fair I'm moving by red-yellow anyway.

see

God has given you a pair of eyes, make use of them. They're not only for looking at the lights.

We don't really have that issue here.
And you wonder why your manual drivers can't even move off from a stop, when you mock traffic efficiency measures.

Then he makes excuses. Sounds like Japanland.

>muh efficiencies

Quote the post where someone said he needs a yellow light preparing him for the green light. Then try to explain to us how knowing the light is going to turn green in a second is a bad thing. It completely removes the issue of not having the car in gear by the time the lights turn green. The only country that doesn't have it is America, guess why.

A shit manual gearbox is worse than dealing with a shit auto.

A decent auto will still not be as engaging as a decent manual.

Commuting in a manual is completely dependent on traffic. Dropping top bantz on Veeky Forums is one thing but if you never get out of 2nd gear for an hour you are going to fucking hate it.

I commuted in a manual for 10 years, in light traffic it was fine but once i moved and it started building up i got an auto.

Can we get a sauce on that info? Maybe something with a large sample size on showing which one way is better. I may/kinda take your comments more serious.

>a large sample size on showing which one way is better
>when there's no downsides to the alternative, only advantages

Says stuff... and just says more stuff. mmkay

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Please name a disadvantage of flashing the yellow light a second before the lights turn green.

Is the fox you and the grapes not being overrun by middle eastern refuges? Or is the fox you and the grapes having a leader that might be somewhat ineffectual but not so bat shit insane that he sells out our future for a bunch of worthless shitskins?

I just want to be clear here.

The fox is Americans and the grapes is the ability to drive stick.

> stay buttmad