I'm sure this is the 25th thread on the topic, but I'm 2 min in and reruns of South Park are on the other channel...

I'm sure this is the 25th thread on the topic, but I'm 2 min in and reruns of South Park are on the other channel. Should I keep watching the New Top Gearâ„¢?

Other urls found in this thread:

vodlocker.online/top-gear-season-23-episode-1/?video
youtu.be/57JVPbXXVW0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nvm, dude who isn't Joey just said the C7 looks better than snek. Back to South Park

>tfw no bbc america channel
>tfw my flatscreen is probably twice as old as yours and can only do 720p

Working right now, but its dead. Anyone got a link to the new episode? I can't wait to see how shit it is.

Just watch until Sabine Schmitz BTFO's the Z06 HARD!

It was really shitty to be honest

too much chris evans, and i hate chris evans.

i wanted to see more sabine, chris harris and joey.

and maybe a little bit from the weird black guy, but not fucking chris evans everywhere.

While it's obviously not going to be as good as previous, I was surprised, it isn't complete unwatchable garbage. Not as good as old BBC top gear but still better than top gear usa

Ugh it's the dumb anti fwd guy who ruined the meet

>still better than Top Gear USA
Well that's not setting the bar very high.

I think they shoulda just cancelled the show. Or do a whole new car show. Not remake it with Joey, some annoying guy, and a chick who doesn't speak English.

FWD has a certain time and place. Just normally not while you're trying to have fun.

And I still blame MR2bro

Go fuck yourself pepsi. Ff can drift, Ff can compete. You can have fun in fwd just as much as rwd. The reason you don't is because you're a miserable pile .

Matt LeBlanc isn't half bad. He needs some polish, but he's not bad.

Sabine is moe as fuck and top tier waifu.

Chris Evans wants to be Mr Top Gear, and that simply can't happen when it's so blatantly obvious that he gives zero fucks about cars. He's constantly jumping in front of Matt, Sabine, Stig, and even the goddamn cars onscreen in a desperate attempt to claw at some more screentime. Pathetic does not even begin to describe this cucker fucker.

If they drop Cuck Evans, this show might still have some life in it yet. But as it stands it's got cement shoes and the tide's rolling in.

The problem is that they are trying to do what the 3 guys did, versus doing something new and interesting. The upside about all of this is that chris harris is on there, and he's fucking fantastic.

I see you're regretting that Civic SI

Harris is too "I'm only here because i'm rich". It's pretty clear he knows fuckall about cars and only started learning about them in the past 5 years.

He also has an "English toughguy with a glass jaw" persona floating about him.

Harris has been racing since like 2000, dude. I'm fairly sure he knows a little bit about cars.

I see you're regretting your entire God damn life

Then why the fuck is he so unknowledgeable? he's only there because he's rich.

Harris is famous because he the only one with enough dignity and knowledge to blindly suck the miatas dick

What do you mean?

>implying old top gear was good
>implying it wasn't always nearly wholly contrived
>implying the only good part's of the show were the few unscripted parts (like the Americans running them down)
Always felt as fake as it was, familia.

Are you confusing Evans and Harris?
Harris is a former print journalist, like May or Clarkson

If you're trying to watch it as a documentary show or something you are entirely missing the point. It's just meant to be funny stuff with cars, and some entertaining characters bantering.

Holy shit the writing is really bad for the narration.

CAN SHOUTING GUY EVER STOP SHOUTING?

It's streaming free on BBC's website m8y. But that doesn't matter because you'll hate what you see.

Chris Evans is such a effete pansy, he needs to go.

I don't have cable, it wants me to sign in using cable. Anyone have an idea of wat do?

>but still better than top gear usa

Just no.
There is a bit of potential in it, but not the way they did it now. Especially not with Evans.

>Sabine is moe as fuck and top tier waifu.

I was surprised by how hard she was duped with the script. We already know she has a mind of her own, so that was just making absolutely no use of her at all. What the fuck, TG, that was ridiculously shit.

As others said before, you're clearly confusing Harris with Evans.

could watch here
vodlocker.online/top-gear-season-23-episode-1/?video

I could not finish it.

I literally stopped watching and streamed some old Top Gear episodes.

So there's only 2 hosts now?

I'm not sure if I like this.
Also, evans is sooo fucking annoying.

thanks bro, gonna look at it and see what people are talking about

It felt like watching Top Gear, what with all the sweet camera work, but nothing happened. I didn't know what I was watching, especially with the Reliant segment, but even the Viper vs Vette segment. I got nothing out of it..
That live commentator from The Guardian said it perfectly, at the time.

The Nomad bit was fun. The only bit of fun. And not even entirely (I kind of always hated gimmicky shit like the laser gun things and/or outpacing whatever.)

>tfw just ripped a hektik skid in fwd slushbox
>it was fun as fuck

it's like you're not even trying.

I've not seen a second of it or heard any sound
any given picture is somehow deeply repulsive enough on its own
gore is a relief by comparison

It was weird watching leblanc and evans acting like friends when they basically hate each other in real life.

They don't even want to ride in the same car together after the cenotaph incident.

It's fucking TERRIBLE.

Good job BBC you killed what was once the best show... In the world.

I was actually surprised by how much I liked LeBlanc's segments, he seems more genuine than the other guy, his sarcastic style works well, and he was actually kind of funny at times "took off like a drunk puppet".

I need some brit to explain Evans to me because that seems like the most loathsome, unlikable cunt to ever be put in front of a camera.

trips confirm matt leblanc is breddy gud for never having done a show like this and that chris evans is a faggot

>pirated it
>stopped watching 1/3 through and started playing vidya gaems

Can't say I ever stopped watching an episode of Top Gear in the middle of it. Would have been much better without Chris Evans. Seems to be the only thing holding the show back.

>The Grand Tour premiere
>Clarkson says "WE'RE BACK!" with applause

Can't wait.

well, I just watched the whole thing, and im not sure if evans is gay or not, but he is an insufferable faggot and I hate him. Matt LeBlanc is cool but this show sucks and I won't ever watch it again. I knew this going into it but I had to be sure

Not a brit but chris evans was a radio show host and hosted a radio show about cars at one point.

He's a complete wanker, way too shouty and obnoxious, also couldn't stand hearing criticism of the show so he went on a small rant on twitter going on about how many people watched that episode and that the amount of people that watched it was more than the amount that watched the old top gear's opening episode

I think Evans is there with the intent of feminising the British male in public perception.

Even though it was short by nearly 3 million viewers.

Sorry, I DVRed it so I probably added to that. I will delete it before I ever watch the whole thing.

Gotta make room for F1 practice sessions and Simpsons reruns.

>Simpsons reruns.
My nigga

It makes me appreciate even more how great speaker Clarkson is. Quite possibly the greatest presenter in the world.
Evans is supposed to be some hotshot radio personality in Britain but his voice is just squeaking. (Which is totally comparable to his appearance) No clarity or tempo whatsoever. Hammond had his Overly Articulate Radio Standard Voice which took some getting used to, but him too, leagues ahead of present presenters. To be fair, it took May a couple of seasons to get his act going but he was a relative beginner.

obviously, after watching a show for so long, you expect it to be a certain way. then when it isn't that way any more, it's easy to be let down. especially since BBC owns the show's IP, so stuff like the intro, set, etc. are all the same.

chris evans needs to find a way to put his own stamp on the show. his commentary is a poor jeremy clarkson impression, while his car reviews are a poor richard hammond impression. if he doesn't find his way, the show will never be as successful. although i thought the subtle but effective jab at clarkson was well done.

matt leblanc isn't bad. being american, he clearly has a different style than the brits. i think the usa vs. uk bit has potential, as long as they don't overplay it.

the german chick can obviously drive, but she can't speak for shit. they need to keep her in a car as much as possible.

i'm not yet sold on the new reasonably priced car lap just yet. i think normies are more impressed with flat-out speed rather than technical driving, so the new lap isn't as exciting. however, if they start inviting pro rally car drivers to try it out (like the F1 drivers on the old lap), that could be fun.

i thought the new show had 6 or 7 hosts. they need to start using them. a whole season of evans and leblanc will get old in a hurry.

Chris Evans looks like chicken little

When does The Grand Tour premiere?

>tfw top gear france is now the best one since old top gear uk ended

Sometime this year, they're starting filming soon.

Christ no, watched 10 minutes and turned it off. Pure shit.

Just remembered I recorded this but haven't watched it yet. I'm not sure if I want to.

Do it, decide for yourself if you like it or not.
I hated it, but it doesn't mean that you will.

>FF can drift
A handbrake turn is not drifting, dumbass.

>FF can compete
Then why does it only tend to do so against other FWD cars?

>You can have fun in FWD just as much as RWD
Spoken like someone who hasn't driven a good RWD. Or like someone who didn't buy an RWD and is trying to convince themselves more than us.

If they just drop Evans and stopped imitating old TG it would instantly be better. Literally every other host is ok.

Please see

youtu.be/57JVPbXXVW0

If you can't have fun or compete in a race then it's because you're a bad driver.

What do you drive again? The bus seat?

Actually they started filming before they even decided on a name, im getting kinda hype for it desu

Not him, and I dont hate FF, but the Nismo FWD LMP racecar was a huge blunder. I think FF has its place, but I dont think enough R&D had been put into making a fully capable FWD race car. It is definitely possible in the future tho

>obviously, after watching a show for so long, you expect it to be a certain way.

Yes, because it MUST be nostalgia, not the obvious lack of content. It cannot, in any way, be factually bad, am I right?

I will watch Ep 2. That'll be my final judgement of the show.

Ahhhhhhh, so they're filming the studio segments soon then.