How does Veeky Forums spoil their rides?

how does Veeky Forums spoil their rides?

i use pic related, shit's like $20/liter

Other urls found in this thread:

540ratblog.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Your car doesn't have feelings. That shit is 99% of the time a waste of money.

>Your car doesn't have feelings.
fuck off m8

i'm planning on getting it to 1 000 000 kms at least and i idle for hours

Castrol full synthetic 0w 40 and 5w 30. Oem trans fluid, red line in the diffs.

I only hotbox the cabin with top shelf weed

I only let the birdshit sit on it until I get a "eh why not" feeling to clean it

Mobil1 full synthetic.
200,000 miles and still strong.

I buy the most expensive replacement parts.

I don't let any shop work on her because they're careless.

I only use royal purple synthetic :^)

Rotella is shit.
540ratblog.wordpress.com/

Mobil 1 or amsoil in my cars. Literally no other alternative is worth buying

used mobil 1 till 70k in my 350z, blew a motor. been using redline 5w30 since and i'm at 110k, 130 on the motor

You should change your oil bro

I give my petrol shitbox diesel oil for the better detergents

I agree. I just tried Pennzoil platinum synthetic in my built K20A3 and it's burning it. Significant different in exhaust smell from Mobil1, it smells fucking terrible now. A little more valvetrain noise, too.

>70k
>blown motor
Nissan ladies and gentlemen

yeah I learned that the hard way

That could have been a fluke, my Civic (posted above about the Pennzoil) blew a bottom end at 45k miles while still being dealer serviced. They kept my car for a few months to determine what exactly happened since it was a new generation of motor and mine was one of the first to die. Honda flew in a few of their own techs to deal with it instead of letting the dealership fix it themselves. It was determined to be an isolated incident, and I got a new motor. This is a separate issue from the well known issue of the camshafts wearing quickly and the motor dropping a valve.

had to have been cause the motor i'm on now is almost twice that mileage and is in pretty much flawless condition. vq35hr is generally regarded as pretty reliable. unfortunately it happened 10k out of warranty so I had out of pocket which wasn't cheap

diesel oil doesn't have detergents, that's why it's better

is royal purple any good? or just marked up purple stuff

i just bought a brand new 5.0 v8. going to be doing it's first oil change soon. ( 1.000 miles )

mobil 1 or royal purple. costs is not an issue.

marked up purple bullshit. redline or amsoil would be better options

Pennzoil Ultra Platinum

I already stated that my engine running 1000rpm higher redline than factory has a distinct oil smell now, and I switched from Mobil1 to that Pennzoil platinum bullshit that is on sale at Advance auto, same weight. It's thinner than advertised, and I have noticeably more valvetrain noise. I figured I would try it since it was $28 for the oil and a premium filter, but now I can't stand the smell from my car. It's cheap advertising junk.

Just bought some of this stuff on sale from ecs tuning.

7 liters of oil
Mann oil filter
New drain plug and washer
Oil change sticker

$65 shipped, bretty good deal compared to my last oil change

I only use factory oil and filters in my car.

What? T6 is 20 bucks a gallon

You didn't say "Ultra" Platinum.

>peak conventional falls in the good range

Well I'll be damned, at least I put something not compete shit in my car today.

I only use Royal Purple. I take mine to a dealership because where I currently live there's no safe/convenient way to change the oil myself and I don't trust those retards at Jiffy Lube.

Dafuq that shit is way confusing. So are you saying all shell is shit or just rotella? Cuz it is the factory BMW M oil contract which previously was Castrol TWS. So they do make top tier shit.

>not living in america to run royal purple

I use pennzoil platinum as well in my subaru. 08 outback n/a. Change every ~4mths. Burns about half a qt. Switch to synthetic since I got the car so can't really know if it's the oil it's burning or it just burns oil to begin with. I'm looking to try something different when I do oil again in October.

and maybe new oil will solve piston slap issue too when cold. I may switch over to a high mileage but like the idea of synthetic since this is a spoil thread.

i'm only 1/8th through, it's pretty autistic i needed a break

but it seems to be talking about using diesel oils in high performance gasoline engines which operate a a much higher temperature and is therefore pretty useless info if you use the oil for it's intended use

What oil should I use in an Audi/VAG 2.5 TDi V6 if I don't want the cams to explode in the next 20,000 miles?

Please the camshaft gods and use Super Concentrate Virgin Olive Oil [High Mileage Edition].

Will brake fluid (5.1 DOT) work ok if I don't have any olive oil on hand?

Sorry user, but no. To please the camshaft gods you MUST use a virgin oil

My car required 87 octane from the factory, but no longer has the EGR system and never had a knock sensor. Rather than go through trial and error to see if lower octanes will work, I just keep shoving 93 in. I get better mileage than I did with the EGR/87 combo so it pretty much pays for itself anyway.

>Rotella
>$20/L

Uwotm8?

Whatever is on sale.

best oil for honda

>being on this much crack cocaine
How do you function?

Castrol TWS or this.

Mainly this.

Never had an issue.

I use AMSOIL in everything.

best 5w30 for petrol/gasoline engine that isn't driven in Siberia?

Mobil 1 and Pennzoil Platinum are both great oils, Castrol and Valvoline is just shit

Rotella T6 in my 08 STI. It's been working well for me

Used Rotella for the past 75k miles. I'm currently around 115k.

>blog
>wordpress

:^)

Nulon 10w40 semi.
Worlds above every other semi I've tried.
Will be going to their full synth when I do all my seals.

You do realize that royal purple is shit tier gimmick oil with food colouring. If you dont chang it regularly it becomes very acidic rapidly and its shear strength is lauedable. Its only good use is getting good numbers on a dyno

Only run Sunoco premium in my rides