Have I been taken a fool?

I graduated from high school in 2012. I quickly enrolled into my local college's engineering program "Lee College" after three years of hard ships and failing calculus 2 I talked to my school counselors about getting a degree in one of my hobbies; Drafting and Design. they said that it was a hot and ever expanding industry and If I was one of the best in my class, I would have job offers through the roof, and that I could graduate in 2 semesters with a associates in drafting and design, a associates in general studies, and two drafting proficiently certificates. I graduated "May 2016" with a gpa of 3.7 Making straight A's those last two semesters. Its been about five months. NO JOBS ARE AVAILABLE, THE SCHOOL TOLD ME TO LOOK ON CRAIGSLIST FOR A JOB.
My family who Ive always been close has started to act coldly twords me. I'm afraid If I don't find a job real soon I am going to do something rash like kill myself or something.
Help me ANYBODY.

>He can't get a CAD monkey job

Seriously? companies are throwing money at you because they want you to do CAD so they don't have to pay engineers to do it. If you haven't found an opening you're either retarded or not looking farther than 50 miles away.

Drafting and design are pretty vague bruh. Also quit that entitled attitude like someone own you a job bc its not the case. Are you specialized in anything?

>If you haven't found an opening you're either retarded or not looking farther than 50 miles away.

this

I send out like 30 resumes a week to different company I live in Houston the Largest PetroChemical city in the world I am trained in most forms of drafting except road design. When I wrote my resume I was helped by my dad "who was a manager at different companies for 30 years. FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CANNOT FIND A JOB DOING WHAT I LOVE. needless to say I need some help

I trained "jack of all trades" as what the counselers sujested so I can get a job of any kind in the field

I just want to get a job that does not involve where-houses or restaurants
so that I can finally start my life

If even BLM (notorious for overestimating job growth and responsible for lawyer and nursing glut) says job outlook is slim, you know it's bad.

Also, drafting is being outsourced to India, as is many other medium-skilled jobs.

This stuff has always been my dream every since I got "the sims" for my 8th birthday. I love every bit about it the piping, ,the chemical plants, the homes, the stores, and the program.
I left engineering after feeling so sad and depressed every day I would wake up and just want to kill myself I thought I had finally found some hope when I switched.

I think it's time for you to just get a normal 50-60k job. I console myself by saying to myself "hey, at least my income is above the median" (sucks to be 50% below me. rekt)

I just want to get a job that doesn't require me being on my feet all day.

K. What could help you is to have a website/portfolio that you could send recruiters to. Also try to tailor your applications for the field. Designing parts for petro plants is not the same as drawing for an architect. Be sure to check what ppl in those position say/do, improve and replicate. If you have nice objects to show, be sure to use something like keyshot to add those mad realistic texturez that'll make people checking your shit wet their pants.

If everyone could earn comfortably without being on their feet, then everyone would do that.

I want to live in a ten million dollar mansion. Doesn't mean I will get it.

thats a good idea ill get to that

Wow you graduated in something that I literally picked up as an auxiliary to my job and can do one handed...
Like others have said here, learning CAD is easy, you need to specialize in something if you want to get a real job. Architecture or automotive or other, find something that you can say you are "specialized" in even if it's bs.

thanks for the feedback people
>most responses I ever got out of a Veeky Forums thread.
I have to go now
TTYL

Its worth taking a second look at your resume and interviewing skills. A portfolio of non school related work could also help you.

No you don't seem to understand. It is like saying "wow that finance guy only uses exel it's so easy". I can too with minimum computing skills and high school mathematics. Does not mean that I would be a stellar analyst

OP, where are you located?

I know a couple companies that are always hiring introductory draftsmen. Mostly Nuclear stuff.

Civil engineering firms look for cad guys all the time.

Apply.
[spoiler]Although you're a fucking monkey.[/spoiler]

try a steel fabrication shop, they always need detailers
this is my job tbqh

but seriously fuck this whole industry

architects and engineers are SHIT

SHIIIIIITTTTTTTT

if i ever snap and go on a shooting spree the first place ill visit is an architects office

If you learn some basic road and drainage design you could Do this.

Don't forget clients :)
I keep seeing structural engineers having to issue dwgs to them for coordination but they don't get sent on to steel fabs.

Two words:
LEARN
REVIT

AutoCAD is going extinct.

NRC says otherwise.

>Government organization
>Ever updating tech

You have to store shit in black and white PDFs in their database, and autocad is generally mandated. It's not progressive, but it's job security if you don't want to learn new tricks.

I'm a CAD Tech / Engineering Tech. I got a viable job by focusing in 3D stuff - AutoCAD 3D, SolidWORKS, Inventor, and some Revit.