/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

3ds has no games edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/4QBkYbFD

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Development on IOSU allegedly underway i.imgur.com/6f4Ktlh.png
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates.

>Vita
-New Vita update released. It patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available now on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz
-PKG installer released. twitter.com/SilicaAndPina/status/764307457791320064

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

3dschaos.com/threads/gyakuten-saiban-6-cia-jpn-region-free.3478/
stary2001.co.uk/xy2/Vita Handbook 1.50.torrent
mega.nz/#F!7U4CRJLZ!F6nJT-SuSrEzO_gz1kqGjA
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for Xbox one piracy when

>Phony PKG installer STILL in the OP

OP is a fag

>So long as the person ends up at least trying to do their own research and work and doesn't ask questions that we literally have a guide for, we're not too bad.

Okay, because I actively try to find solution myself first anyway and ask only when there is something I cant decide upon.

Also, is that normal for backup dump to become so quick as 7 minutes long? I know that I have rather good microSD card (says "class 10" so I assume thats good), but in most cases, people suggested this process to be longest part.

>Part 4 can take up to 1 and a half hours - there's not actually much work involved, it's mostly just sitting and waiting, but this is the step that has the most potential for something to go south.

If something "go south" on random and not because I do some step wrong, it is recoverable from backups?

I dont have gamecart with 4.x update, the "oldest" being Etrian Odyssey IV with 5.1.0E, relating to this page with solution to stuck N3DS with nonfunctional browser.

>If you've been at it for a while then definitely take a break - if you're raring to go though, /hbg/ is being uncharacteristically welcoming right now, so take advantage of it.

I guess thats because of hour being more suitable, Im posting from EU after all.

Break will be nice, tho - Im all red on face and my pressure is high, so sleep will do well.

>we can always tell you if something's safe to do or not

Thanks!

Where are the AA6 and DQVII leaks?

Should I delete everything my SD folder before I start this journey toward 9.2.?

vita piracy when

yes, only keep the root folder

So, Vita piracy never?

Vita piracy eventually.

you can't pirate if there are no games to pirate

Yifan says Vita is the most secure device on the market, but I heard Xbone is actually much more secure with lots of hardware level mitigation techniques.

Bumping this. FBI is missing, I'm on 11.0 with a9lh and cfw.

I'm not sure why I'm getting this "SD is not formatted for EmuNAND" error when trying to inject FBI with Decrypt9,, but I'm guessing it had to do with me somehow updating the firmware to 11.0. Still not exactly sure how that happened.

Is there any way to bypass this issue and inject FBI or another cia installer another way?
If not, how should I go about formatting fpr EmuNAND at this point? I'm guess I'm gonna have to prepare to delete and reinstall all those games I've got loaded.

has anyone actually tried hacking the xbox one though?

>Okay, because I actively try to find solution myself first anyway and ask only when there is something I cant decide upon.

Definitely the way to go. You can always come here with a proposed solution and ask us if it works, and we'll tell you if it does or doesn't.

Just never "i have no idea what I'm doing and am asking you guys first, how do I do this thing that's probably explained in depth in the guide I didn't read"

>Also, is that normal for backup dump to become so quick as 7 minutes long? I know that I have rather good microSD card (says "class 10" so I assume thats good), but in most cases, people suggested this process to be longest part.

Depends partially on how much data there is in the card (if you have no games downloaded it's much quicker), the cards class, and the card's size. If your card is 8gb, backups tend to take less than 10 minutes and could even be less than 5. If your card is 256, you could be sitting there doing a backup for nearly an hour or more. You DO have to do ~5-7 backups throughout the guide, with a bunch being done in part 4, so that's also why most people say backing up takes a while.

>If something "go south" on random and not because I do some step wrong, it is recoverable from backups?

In all cases except being stuck on 2.1.0, yes, they're all fixable, most relatively easily and it just requires one or two extra steps.

Getting stuck on 2.1.0 is unfortunately the biggest risk in the process. There's not much you can do without the appropriate game card if it happens to you. Luckily, it is a fairly rare occurance and it's not often at all that someone runs into that issue in these threads, so it's not something to worry too much about.

>"SD is not formatted for EmuNAND"

It sounds like you selected the EmuNand option - you obviously need to be injecting FBI into sysNand, since emuNand doesn't exist if you did the guide.

Vita scene really is fucking dead. At least in 3DS case we had posers like JustPingo, but nobody gives enough shit about Vita to even announce fakes.

He said at one point (on irc) it is now the 3rd most secure device.

Is it still impossible to transfer saves between different regions of the same game?

>Reicast port

It's saying that because you don't have an emuNand, which you shouldn't.

Go to sysNand options, miscellaneous, and then do your stuff.

a9lh + Luma completely gets rid of the need for emuNand - it's like half the reason we do it.

>2fps max expected

Kek

Team executer posted something about a microscope so I guess they're decapping some chips

>by Mathieulh
K E K

I forgot to ask, my SD folder is the same I use for gateway, so GATEWAYNAND.

It's ok, right?

Problem solved. I should've selected sysNand instead of EmuNAND, and I had the two names mixed up. Thanks for the help!

I'm not so if someone can answer me, please.

lookin to buy an sd card for old 3ds cfw. i figure micro is the way to go, as long as it has the adapter?

these any good?

I ate those food

>by SamS
hm

If you have the source for a game how do you convert it to play on a 3ds?

3dschaos.com/threads/gyakuten-saiban-6-cia-jpn-region-free.3478/

Card itself is 16gb Platinet one. I didnt had much installed, true, I only have one game and three demos, so maybe thats why it went so quickly.

>Luckily, it is a fairly rare occurance and it's not often at all that someone runs into that issue in these threads, so it's not something to worry too much about.

Parts 1-3 overall went rather smoothly (no partial downgrade, downgrade itself needed 2 tries to launch after "Hax init", initial Luma launch needed 4 tries, to be honest, but after that it worked right from the bat).

The only thing that was different that some other application (with "zip" in name) launched itself after I ran "Complete redNand setup") when I tried to launch Homebrew Launcher (when I copied all files back from SD card after everything got deleted, I didnt replace the two files that were present on card, I thought I shouldnt, but guide didnt mention that). After that, instead of Homebrew Launcher in form of list, it was launching GridLauncher instead, but aside from that, everything was like in the guide.

Thanks for reply, by the way!

The fuck are you saying?

You mean a game cart?

A cia file?

A 3ds file?

The literal source code?

I can't speak nip.

He has the literal source code for a game and he wants to convert it to a 3DS

Then you gotta wait till Sept like everyone else

>tfw no Sonic Mania n3ds port
A-At least I got Sonic Megamix

>hp.app not found

But it's clearly in the folder, uh?

Is it named something else?

source code. I want to play some keen, I dont care how much stuff I have to learn as im sure the skills are transferable

Getting a pretty insurmountable glitch with emulating the GBA Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game on vita with mGBA. Basically it's a sort of turret section, but the glitch causes the lasers you shoot to just stay and float across the screen. This prevents me from shooting and defending myself. Is this an emulator problem that I'll just have to brute force my way through, or would it be the ROM? Any actions I can take to try to get through this section?

No?

Can anyone test if EO 3 and Radiant Historia is working for the R4IDS cards with the forwarders? Mine doesn't work for those specific game but has worked for others like 4 heroes and EO 2.

Why the fuck would they when it's just a retarded PC?

Put it in the input folder you silly

Wops.

>tfw lurking because of Henkaku

Does reformatting change the castle address for Fire Emblem Fates? Right now I'm on 4.5 with the old DS profile exploit, and I'm backing up my saves to set up a9lh, but that's the one thing I'm not sure about.

If you keep your emuNAND probably not?

I recently swapped my emunand onto sys and lost nothing.

I enjoy people who don't know what they're talking about.

What roms do I use with pr boom? Every wad I try it says failed to load rom

does hacking your wii U just give you access to mods or can you get full games like you can on 3ds? just want to play smash again and my copy is fucked

Wait until mgba gets better.

It's like two weeks old, of course there's going to be game breaking clutches.

It takes like 5 minutes and full on raping and pillaging is available on the Wii U.

>It's like two weeks old
There's a nightly build that's updated everyday.

Finally got my vita out of storage, its on 3.60 so i'm good but i haven't been following stuff to closely. Apart from henkaku what else should i get?

Theres that QCMA right? Where the page for it?

And what other useful stuff.

thinking about this one. should work fine as long as i format it to fat32?

WINDOWS USERS WHO USE WINRAR: GO FUCK YOURSELF WITH A POLE, THEN GO DOWNLOAD 7-ZIP TO USE THE FILES FROM THIS GUIDE.

The Vita Handbook - Comprehensive Vita offline hacking guide

Hello! This is the Vita Handbook. Firmware 1.50.

1.50 changelog:

* This system software update improves system performance.

Download:
Torrent >> stary2001.co.uk/xy2/Vita Handbook 1.50.torrent
Mega >> mega.nz/#F!7U4CRJLZ!F6nJT-SuSrEzO_gz1kqGjA

If you don't know what download to use, use the torrent. You can choose what file to download with your favorite torrent client.

This archive has five downloads. Ultimate is the full download. Slim is the full download with all big files (such as QCMA or certain big files) trimmed off. Light is the download with all software trimmed off, giving the lightest download but missing many large executables. Standalone is the guide as .txt. checksums.txt is to check checksums.
This was pretty useful to me. Shouldn't it be in the pastebin? Glad I saved it.

Lads can someone link me an r4 that works on 3ds without twl launcher? I'm on ebay right now and i'm confused as fuck

It's on Wololo

I say, use FTPZilla better, I found qMCA very clunky, just like the official CMA.

>Delete sysNAND-OLD.bin and emuNAND-OLD.bin (If you have one) from your SD card

Gotchas, but what about
>NAND_emu.bin.sha
?

But WinRAR is generous and extend my free trial!

Then download both and use 7zip when you can't use winrar. You can do that.

>people who bought winrar are posting on this very board right now
I'm scared.

Pls I really wanna shoot demons

You can buy winrar?

WADs are for Wii dumbass

>there are people in here right now using Windows as a host system

WADs are also for Doom dumbass. Different file format, same name.

Pokemon leaks when

That's funny considering that WinRAR supports .tar.gz and whatever >muh freedumb formats just fine. Also, >implying people don't use both of them.

So?

How does that affect the fact that there's been only roughly two weeks of actual development?

I was looking into hacking my vwii and apparently a HDD without external power won't work. That's odd, because I did use a HDD powered only through the bus on my Wii. Did something change?

>still calling it "Firmware"
just kys, my man

The game's not even done yet, what is wrong with you? The

The Wii U outputs less power. It's possible but less likely that it will work.

Maybe RA should have Auto SRAM write as the default like every other emulator in existence

So, I can't run CFW or pirate games on a N3DS with the newest firmware, right?

Well, that's fucking gay. Here I was, stoked that I could finally leave behind the final vestige of my component consoles and upgrade my capture card, but now I just can't be bothered if it entails buying another hard drive.

It's not mine, I just posted it. I guess I could have edited it.

Then you clearly don't understand what RAM is for.

RA does have the option to do it on an interval, but that seems to be missing from the Vita version.

Regardless, closing the core properly ensures it writes out. The poster is just a retard.

Chances are a Y cable will do the job though.

That's right. Do they work with prboom?

anyone?

It's fine, I use the same one.

The...?

Alright, I'm on 9.2.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started

How do I know if I'm "WITH BROWSER" or not?

The what?

I'm looking to buy an (original) DS flashcart for my Luma/A9LH N3DS. Which is the best? I know there are some that are extremely expensive that offer stuff like emulators.

I simply want to load .nds files onto an SD, and play/save them on this card. What's the best option?

I have a 3ds with luma, arm9hax etc, but I want to use a bigger sd card, what do?

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that English isn't your first language.

Firstly, I recommend that you find someone who IS fluent in English and have them do the hack with you.

Secondly, a browser is usually referring to, at least in the context of electronic devices, to an "internet browser", which is software that one would use to peruse webpages on the internet, often during leisure time. The 3ds is usually equipped with a browser such as this.

gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/

Copy everything from the first sd card into the second

Voila, new sd card

Any idea on how to make DS flash cards work on 3ds? I got the al9hloaderhax

So PrBoom is apparently working on the Vita now. How do I load the doom wad? I tried it and didn't work, is anything else I'm not aware of? I'll try another wad for the time being.

>nobody reads the pastebin

Hey Veeky Forums just bought a 3.60 vita but i need to test the start button
is there an easy way to do this without a game?