ventura.craigslist.org/cto/5615418565.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>fwd
No.

>ATTS
btfo.

Does that mean it isn't FWD?

moar or less

Look, I was about to give a shitpost response but I legitimately want to hear your opinion. I don't know anything about Hondas but I've always liked the look of 5th gen Preludes. I did some reading and I found out they have something called "Active Torque Transfer System." Which, they say, supposedly gives it RWD handling or just really neutral handling. I just want to know if these cars are worth the money. My budget is $3k. I live in Calfiornia. Obviously a Prelude SH is my first choice

You'll be fine if you buy one stock and not from Mexicans, considering you live in California.

That certainly narrows it done a lot. Thanks for the advice

Why aren't Lewds popular on Veeky Forums?

because FF is shit

Because miatafags and rwd fags are ruining this board. On behalf of all these elitist assholes, I'm sorry

>t. miatafag

Mustangs are shat on. All American cars really. What about them? Also we have Honda threads every day and constant FF VS FR posting

What about Toyota? If it's not mr2 or ae86 it doesn't even register here..

Civic can be enthusiast car here but not a Corolla or Tercel?

>Tercel
you just came from the corolla thread didn't you

Fuck you

You're joking right? People have been dicking Lexus hard these past couple weeks

Though I do want to see what I can make an SC 300 do...

>work at a Lexus dealership
>notice employee driving a tercel
>it's a LINE TECH
WHY

What?
Not Lexus, Toyota. Under the Toyota brand.

I think it has something to do with corollas and tercels not being as tunable, They're mostly all shitboxes so they are more like appliances than cars. It's the car normies drive. And the car an enthusiast drives until he has the car he WANTS. Some people aspire to have a civic type R or an SI. No one aspires to a corolla S.

Okay but what about people in their sohc civics and del sols ?
>not tunable
Toyota made plenty of performance engines, and it's not like changing the suspension and brakes is impossible.
People buy Hondas with the express idea of engine swaps and complete overhauls in mind unless they're very fortunate, why is Toyota different?

Toyota engines are overpriced as fuck compared to honda engines. Just look at the 2jz for proof. And in general, toyota has less tuner engines than Honda. But when they do make them they are god-tier.
>Okay but what about people in their sohc civics and del sols ?
Honda tunes trickle down to lesser engines eventually

Are 4age that much more expensive than a b series or h22 or f20b

What tuner engines do Honda have? Shitty econobox 4 cyls?

MUH VTEC

>Highest n/a hp engines
>No one else can touch them in terms of reliability
Lol you can boost a k series to 500whp on stock internals, that's a tuner engine

Highest 4 cyl

> highest hp na engines
Entirely false. Countless na engines make several times more power than sewing machine powered Honda econoboxes

> 500whp on stock internals
For a couple dozen 1/4 runs and with a usable power band of 1200rpm

>toyota inline 4
>tuneable

inb4 >muh S engine, its literal garbage compared to the b and k series

The F20C made the highest HP per liter for a production car a number of years, finally being beaten out by the Ferrari 458 iirc. JDM S2000 made 123 hp per liter.

>not redlining at all times

So are ludes good? I find it weird that nobody likes these cars except me. Any owners out there?

> hp per litre mattering
it makes less than 160hp for 6000rpm, who cares about its shit peak output
And it's less hp/l than na rotates lol

>inb4 muh S engine
because it completely debunks your argument?

>>/n/

I was prepared for a decent rebuttal but all I got was a salty shit post

no, because its still inferior to the b and k series, read the whole post

How many honda 4 cyls were in super gt?

Don't reply to him. He's just a summerfag.

>toyota had to use a 4 cyl because the JZ was literally pigfat

how many 8 second n/a toyota 3sge are out there
youtube.com/watch?v=-PEJKYfKL-M

How many ff were? Exactly

>being this assmad

Good question
Ff confirmed for can't compete

fr cuckold spotted

keep moving the goalposts

youtube.com/watch?v=MECYs3sYnKU

> 7:50
Fr is faster

nope.

Awooooga

no one is moving the goalposts, faglord, Honda didn't use a 4 cylinder in Super GT because they had the J series

> civic had to be rwd Converted to go fast
fr> ff

That's not even a honda at that point, it looks like a plastic flat shell with no lights or doors.

pick cars that car turn

Ill chime in since noone is being constructive. 5th gen preludes are awesome. Bought mine with 170k a few years back and now Im at 200k. Put 6k on it in 2 weeks and never skipped a beat. Only real issues Ive had was original clutch master and slave cylinders went out and I had to replace the original clutch since a spring dislodged itself and was caught on the flywheel.

The only downsides/issues to be aware of especially since the age of these cars:
-Engines run hot and I guarantee all the seals are brittle and need to be replaced. Main one to watch is oil cooler oring. Also vtec sol gasket probably leaks or will soon. (Both easy fixes. Replace the oil cooler oring if you buy as preventative maint).
-Car eats premium (20mpg unless freeway then its 26 as long as you do 70)
-Honda rot (not issue in cali)
-Probably beat to shit since it was hondas flagship sport car at the time. Watch for obvious signs of abuse
-Parts expensive and harder to find (compaired to accords and civics of the same time period)
-Burns oil even if it doesn't leak. (I add 2-3qts between changes depending on how often I redline it.) Be super anal about checking the dipstick or you'll regret it.
-short gears (good and bad, wish 5th was longer. 4k rpm @ 80mph gets old)
-Engine bay is cramped and kind of a bitch to work on compared to accords

Stay away from type sh, it isn't as spectacular as people say and it makes parts more expensive ontop of adding a lot more headache when changing the clutch. Base model is the same car with the option of adding a real LSD or bolting any h22 (T2W4 is the sex) or f22 trans.

Like any car,make sure it was taken care of with regular oil changes and you're golden.

Are you kidding? We have lude threads all the time and they are always being brought up in other threads.

>hondas 6 cyl engine btfo by toyotas 4 banger
thanks for proving my point

>toyota
>winning super GT

good meme

Bumping for more lude content

especially with retard like you driving them...

there are at least 2 onwer's of ludes on Veeky Forums. one of them has a mint blue one.

i like them. they're comfy cruise cars.

>comfy cruise cars
That's the best you can say about it? That's sad.

Troll image. Drive both of those cars back to back the z will be faster.

Bump

Toyota are for cuck

>Toyota
?

Don't mind him, he hates on anything that might gain a following that he doesn't like

>niggas getting mad because 4WS

BTFO'D

I wish the 86 was an actual 2 door rwd version of this car. Not that I don't love my brz, I just want rear visibility a hatch and rear leg room.

Srz post fucking bred or don't post at all

5th Gen didn't have 4ws. It had ATTS

Euro and Japan had 4WS, those bastards

Well the 4th Gen had it in the US but I heard it was gimmicky

> rotates

do you mean rotary?
only if you compare displacement in the wrong way

Bamp

The K series is just a copy of the glorious 2ZZ.

The 2ZZ did VTC + VVL much better.

If only they made this rwd scion would still be around

Guys is this a good deal?
ventura.craigslist.org/cto/5615418565.html
Or should I shell out another grand for an SH?

So 5th gens ludes are just meh cars? What's better?

5th gen is worst gen.

Why? I'm not a honda faggot I actually want to know. I've wanted a BB6 since they came out

I like mine.

>slowest
>fattest
>ugliest
>no pop-ups
>no best dash
You would be better getting a RSX instead if you wanted a Honda coupe that's not a 1-4th gen 'Lude.

That's a bit disappointing...