only good thing about it is the engine

its literally a Camaro

fat ugly awful on the inside with a good heart

aside from the fact that the supra isnt ugly and can turn corners

Bumping this glorious thread.

More Supras pls and where's Apex?

go back to your miatas you fag

/thread

The entire drivetrain is god tier. Also they're pretty good looking outside, and inside.

They're pretty fat and not really suited as racecars though. Could never really compete with the NSX and GT-R teams in JGTCC.

>Wanted a MKIV supra when I was a kid because of TFTF
>As I grew older I slowly learned new terrible things about the supra
>They were actually pretty heavy compared to other cars (especially Japanese ones) at the time
>They only made so much power because people would slap giant turbos on producing a stupid amount of lag
>There were/are other engine platforms that can make similar power under boost as the 2JZ
>Everyone in the world thinks they're godmachines so even the heavily molested ones are ludicrously overpriced

I'm not saying it's a bad car because it isnt, but if I was given one for free I'd probably sell it and buy something(s) else.

>but if I was given one for free I'd probably sell it and buy something(s) else.

Pretty sure anything given freely will be valued less than something earned.

R34 is better.

>hub spacers

w-why

Only to the person not speculating on the vehicle.

because Toyota.

>>They were actually pretty heavy compared to other cars (especially Japanese ones) at the time

no they werent

>There were/are other engine platforms that can make similar power under boost as the 2JZ

as easy as 2j? as high as the 2j? no maybe the RB at a stretch

depends on what car you compare to and still the supra handles really well anyway

rb26 is just as good as 2jz although I'd pick the 2jz over it

>>There were/are other engine platforms that can make similar power under boost as the 2JZ
good meme

I hate this supras can't handle meme as if they weren't sports cars just because they have certain "luxery" properties

Sedans allowed? Thinking of picking one up

>when I was a kid
>TFTF

Are you 16 or something?

That a chaser?

I have always wanted a chaser.

cresta

>TFTF was almost a decade and a half ago

I don't think three year olds would have memory of that

mark 2 actually fuck

Fucking baller.

>what's a QSV
>what's a twin scroll turbo

You right now. Technology has made the 2JZ even better over the years.

Though I think the sweet spot is 600 for the Supra like Orido's.

they are a tuner hero.

near perfect weight distribution, slightly heavy, but that's ok.

reason is, there are several companies that will re-fit cf panelling for everything, shaving the weight well down to around 1100kg.

you don't want it being too light or it can be very difficult to control, read this.

topgear.com/car-news/supercar/2018-nissan-gt-r-heres-what-we-know

read point 5 in this article.

the supra is not a bad car, it's not an amazing car, it's just very good stock.

But with a bit of quality tuning (not just on the engine) it can be really, really fucking good.

/thread

The supra was always mediocre compared to other cars stock, but the real changes come with the improvements to technology. Look at smokey nagata's v12 supra, it's a literal hypercar, years before the 918 and shit came out.

He made it not only a monster in the straight line, but superb on handling as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=dYekRojG2Dw
youtube.com/watch?v=pJNW_Yt3sJk

Supras always command respect, because you never know if it's a bone stock one, or something that will rip your brand new lambo apart without even trying.

What makes them great is they can turn, they just need some love in that department as well (chassis tuning, suspension, good sticky tires)

I can't afford a supra

Should i just get a Celica for $750 dollarydoos