Veeky Forums saves Dodge

I remember at sone point after Pontiac died, there were threads here about how they could have been revived using old names on cars based on models by their sister companies. And then when Scion died we did the same. Dodge seems to be going in the cirrect direction, but let's come up with a new line up of Dodge vehicles using existing FCA platforms to revive old model names and sit alongside the Challenger and Charger. Bonus points for a new Chrysler lineup too.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang_SVO
youtube.com/watch?v=YcYCvEACRMQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The New Dodge Stealth
>RWD, 3.0L V6 twin-turbo
>AWD Option
>N/A V6 for poorfags
>Turbo I4 for really poorfags

V8 RWD 6 Speed Manual
Options
Supercharger

There, I Saved America.

Would muddy my genes with/10

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang_SVO
>fastest
>poorfags
Reminder that a Volvo 2l 4banga can make northwards of 400 HP with H-rods and some minor mods, and weighs about fucking nothing.

Realtalk though, nobody in the billing department gives a flying fuck about supercars Veeky Forums likes to autism about. They make up a tiny shred of the market. The Civic, the VW Beetle, those are the cars that build huge revenue.

So if you wanna save Dodge, I dunno. It's just a fucking brand, not a car manufacturer. It's a label, a sticker, nothing more. It belongs to Fiat Chrysler. Fiat Chrysler is doing pretty okay because they have enough shitboxes to keep up revenue. So I don't see the issue.

LeBaron GTC Turbo
Dodge Daytona
Dodge Rampage/Scamp
Dodge Omni GLHS 2

Pretty sure dodge would keep afloat just from it's trucks. But I'd love to see like a new dodge omni with a turbo 4, and a 5-speed

I could shave 500 lbs off of a charger by kicking the American driver out and keeping the glorious v8

bring back rwd into all car models

there, i saved the detroit america

Abarth based Dodge Omni?

the marketing shills are literally just asking us to shill ourselves....

I want a new Daytona and LeBaron god damn it and I want them now.

Create the 4th gen Hemi: All aluminium block, apply direct injection, try and put Multi air on it. Displacement of 5.7 (truck and base-spec), 6.4 (classic Mopar 392 for Scat Packs) and 7.0 (426 Hemi, fuck yeah) for upper trim units. Invest in turbo technology. Next generation Hellcats will be twinturbo to counter the upcoming twinturbo Ford GT500.

Charger:
>upcoming Alfa sedan chassis (think E-class sized, again, but lighter
>offer inline 4, and Hemi engines. Ditch the in-between V6
>offer a wagon and a manual for next to no research cost

Challenger
>restyle
>see: Charger

Demon
>Giulia platform
>twinturbo V6
>light as fuck
>see: 2007 Demon concept

Dart:
>start preparing a new generation on a fiat platform
>make a good Mopar compact again
>make AWD GLHS version

Durango:
>put a RAM badge on it

Journey
>slap Jeep badge on it, profit

Grand Caravan
>move to Chrysler

Viper
>move the V10 to the Hemi architecture
>offer the ACR with turbo's and a sequential manual. Double the MSRP.
>create a Corvette-eating base spec model

Wait, they're already moving the Caravan to Chrysler with the Pacifica.

Chrysler should have a 200C, 300c, and add a 400C to counter Lincoln's Continental. Think underengined luxury.

They need to cancel the Durango and bring back the ramcharger

>YFW Dodge brings back the classic 2dr charger shape with flip up headlights

>Use the mx5 platform like Fiat did
>Cram in the biggest engine they can
>Call it Copperhead

why are you bringing up modified volvos for m9?

Fuck that, let Dodge die. Along with the rest of FCA.

>twin-turbo I4
???
Do a pair of cylinders really need a turbo for each pair?
Isn't a single turbo more than enough for the 4?

>Create a modern version of the Razor/Demon concepts to compete with the Miata, with both NA and turbo engines
>Move the Durango to RAM, offer it as both a unibody and BoF version with a Hemi and Cummins option
>Keep the Charger a sedan
>Keep the Challenger 2 door, offer a convertible option.
>Have a drag version of the Charger and Challenger, calling it the Daytona version
>Make a Gen2 Journey with a better interior and styling.
>For the Dart, make it a multi body style, a 4 door sedan, 5 door hatch, 3 door hatch, all with the same motor as the Razor/Demon above
>Keep the Viper as the Halo car, offer a convertible version.

As an inbred, prostitute murdering Ramcharger owner, I support this message.

>buy a small car chassis such as the Mazda 3, build new body with retro styling and call it the new Dart
>offer the generic i4 and an upscale i4TT as the two options
>awd, TT version with beefed up internals and suspension to make for SRT/GLH return
>offer a hatch in all trims

>take Giulia platform, build three distinct body styles
>two door muscle, Challenger
>four door Charger
>wagon with revived Magnum nameplate
>all models offer the i4TT as the base engine
>offer a new, all aluminum V8 with the full 392 cubic inch displacement as the base beast of an engine
>make an option for a massive displacement supercharger that can be bought separately after purchase of base 392
>key part here being to keep the retro styling, make a hideaway headlight grille for the Charger and Magnum

>take 4c chassis
>attach classic viper styling
>offer 392 automatic as base
>create new 392 based V10 as a mid range
>slap turbos on for the new ACR
>laugh hysterically as no one can ever break a record again

>end Durango line
>let RAM build a new Ramcharger based off single cab
>make a four door, fuckhuge Ramcharger Durango
>392 base engine
>I4 Ecodiesel option
>Cummins Turbo diesel for Durango up trim
>make an exact clone with different fascia under the Wagoneer nameplate

>make Ram based Jeep pickup with the Comanche name

>make a Renegade platform small pickup to compete with the Tacoma
>I4
>Dakota
>Ecodiesel version with Lil' Red Express graphics and wood paneling

Better be a fucking coupe like it should have

Whatever happened to this thing anyway

Stop making Mississippi jokes

Challenger is selling too well. Can't risk losing the market by killing brand identity. It's the same reason we'll never have a Charger Coupe.

>cummins Durango
Yes please

Probably sequential. Smaller turbo hands over to the bigger as revs rise. Used to reduce spool time but still make bigger top end power

I'm actually looking at older rwd volvo wagons as a project car
What engine/model should I be looking at?

HIGH TEST

It'll be here soon enough
And hopefully it won't look like that

>Americans start to make decent cars
>they don't start to enjoy their freedom to make a little rwd na that is 'cheap' and not entirely gutless

I think FCA has some sort of contract with Mazda that would exclude a high hp engine. Dodge would be better off with a 2 door Giulia, calling it the Copperhead and offering a convertible. A Dodge Miata would still be pretty good, call it the Demon or something and offer the Fiata's 1.4 turbo.

>compete with the Miata
Hell naw. FCA can use the Miata chassis, might as well use it.

>BoF and unibody
No. It'd increase development costs.

>Convertible challenger
Why isn't this a thing yet?

>Drag versions
Modern retro aerocars would be ugly ad fuck.

A 5.7/6.4 Hemi won't fit in the Giulia chassis.

A Hemi sure as fuck won't fit in the transverse 4C chassis. Just modernise the Viper and use a carbonfibre tub. Updating the Viper V10 with the Hemi archicture seemsblike a good idea, especially with two turbo's. It'd need something like a sequential gearbox at that point.

Any turbo 5 banger will do.

and on what FCA platform would this fucker ride? The only one I can think of that would do justice to it (and even then that's questionable) is the Dart platform.

Giulia fits the bill, except it'd need AWD.

>Dodge Omni GLHS 2
Dodge has honestly considered it.

The Dart platform has already been equipped with a V6 and AWD in other models though. Like the Chrysler 200 and Jeep Cherokee.

It won't go just RWD though.

I'm sure you could rig a Haldex system to do that though. the original Stealth was a transverse setup, and using the Giulia would mean a longitudinal setup. And a lot more weight.

the QV Giulia has AWD

>retro
>retro
>bring this back
>retro
>retro
>must have old name
>retro

Found the boomer.

You can't rig a transverse, front engine AWD system just to be RWD.

The original Stealth weighed about 3800lbs in turbo AWD trim. A RWD twinturbo Giulia QV fourdoor weighs 1530kg or about 3400lbs. Even when you add an AWD system, you'd make up for that by going to a two door.

940's have dat M90 gearbox. Fucking things can take a good beating. Get a turbo model. They also did some in-house modding with the turbo+ package.

>BoF and unibody
>No. It'd increase development costs.

I was thinking that the military could use some variety and have a Cummins Durango that is BoF.
>Implying that FCA will help Dodge out at all

Every dodge is now a FWD turbo 4 or twin turbo v6. with the option to add AWD in the form of an electric motor driving the rear.

Are you retarded? The Grand Caravan has always has a Chrysler-tier trim, what do you think the Town & Country is? The Pacifica is some new almost-a-crossover bullshit.

only one thing can save smodge

>I remember at sone point after Pontiac died, there were threads here about how they could have been revived using old names on cars based on models by their sister companies.

>tfw no one cared when Oldsmobile died

Bring back the Barracuda with a Hemi V8.

This desu
Plymouth rides again

This

Lmao why not just build a new car? This is hilarious. Same piece of turd move along, everyone.

Arent they making the next gen 300 fwd? Kekekek

This would be bad ass

>Dodge Barracuda announced
>it doesn't have a V8
Fuck this planet

Disgusting

Who the fuck even needs a V8? Honestly, anything bigger than a V6 and you are just compensating for your tiny penis size.

>obligatory insult regarding penis size in lieu of actual criticism
Like clockwork

Fuck off

This thread is still less kill than Dodge

Retro works for Dodge. The Charger and Challengers are killing their markets. Why the fuck wouldn't they go full retro? Dodge owners are mostly stuck in their way brandfags, anyways.

Dodge needs to expand or die.

MAKE DODGE GREAT AGAIN

fuck doge

Fuck you more

This is a good idea, but it's more likely to be transverse FWD with AWD as a performance option. So long as it's real AWD like the VR4 and not shitty Haldex it could be a respectable Grand Tourer.

>respectable Grand Tourer.

They are going to remove 500 pounds of glass from the windows I assume? How much does seeing where you are going weigh?

And your problem is?

The old Stealth/GTO was a high performance car, but it was a bit on the heavy side to be considered a sports car.

>AWD

>The Pacifica is some new almost-a-crossover bullshit.
Nope. It's the direct replacement for both the Grand Caravan and the Town And Country. And it's a minivan, not a crossover.
youtube.com/watch?v=YcYCvEACRMQ

Do you guys even think dodge can recover?

Dodge should sell its minivans and concentrate on bringing back as many muscle cars as possible.

Was she born with a penis?

THAT TRANNY GRANNY FANNY AIN'T GOT SHIT TO DO WITH DODGE

>charger loses 500lbs
>still over 4000lbs

>MuhV6
>not MuhV8
I'm judging you accordingly.

Nice

Ram has been separated from dodge, no hope there.

When was that?

2010, when the current style was new