No Man's Sky General /nmsg/

Yes the game isn't what it should be. We don't care. We're having fun.

Meta info repository:
repo.nmsdb.info/

List of PC performance/crash fixes:
pastebin.com/NyEWip2r

Instagram Filter Remover (YMMV):
nomansskymods.com/mods/instagram-filter-remover

Annoying audio message remover:
nomansskymods.com/mods/shutup-disable-certain-annoying-audio-warnings/

How to get the Atlas pass:
eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-12-no-mans-sky-atlas-pass-how-to-get-atlas-pass-v1-v2-v3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zc8uTSSB21Q
newyorker.com/tech/elements/what-a-dragons-mating-scream-sounds-like
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>We're having fun.
Nah.

third for iron

I'm having fun.

First for pretending to have fun because you brought the game

How do I grind for crashed ships?
Keep looking for Transmissions, or Shelter?

No you're not.

What exactly happens when you follow the path of Atlas, I've gotten through 5 of the stupid things already and its just repeating

Wish me luck.

5 hours and request to steam wallet.

>5hours
ur screwed m8

>figured out how to backtrack galaxies

Feels good

>its just repeating

No Man's Sky.
The game.

Nonsense friend, everybody is enjoying No Man's Sky™ on their PlayStation™ 4 home entertainment console!

You win, but u need 10 stones to win

So.... Selling all the stones wasnt really a good idea was it

It wasn't no

>Galaxies
U wot

So what locations am I hunting for to try to get a warp drive blueprint?

do people actually play this meme or are you just pretending

I need help cause I am an autism.
Are ship randomly generated (tm) or is there a pre-set number of ships?

ALSO I am currently 172k light years away from the center.
Scrolling through the map for a minute made me come close to 170k.
Jumping to the next system requires at least a few minutes of work if the resources for the jump thingy are gone.

How the fuck has anyone reached the center yet??

aluminum master race reporting in

>3rd most played title on steam

I just randomly found the coordinates of one at an Outpost.
It was of course shit and not worth the effort and I will now kill myself.

You go through 10 of those things in total.
As a reward you will get a useful ability that will help you reach the center of the galaxy faster and also the option to spend 10 atlas stones to do something that is absolutely a waste for 10 atlas stones. However, the ability is kinda worth it, and you get it even if you don't pay the 10 stones I think.

Transmissions, and transmission towers are what you want, (not observatories, which only give ruins).
Shelter is useless unless you have ashitload of money and want to grind up your personal inventory.

>option to spend 10 atlas stones to do something that is absolutely a waste for 10 atlas stones
thank god, I spent the first one I got (am on my way to second atlas zone). Is it another poetic thing? Well now I'm sad that I still missed out on it, but that seems the be the whole game is you miss out on the path you don't take in life...

manufacture facilitys

What about Beacons? got a few of those.

GOOOLD

What is that black thing with a green hat bellow that gold dildo? Is it a ni....?

Spoiler: You give birth to a new star system where another player will spawn.
However, you see no proof of this, the game may just be telling that to you to make you feel good, it's not like you'll ever see it.

If you're a smart space jew you save up those 10 stones, then look for someone who buys them for double their worth. Then you become filthy rich.

Beacons lead to an 'advanced life form', which is an alien with a galactic trading hub & a new MT to buy.
You only need to buy ~12 tools before you're maxed out on slots.

Any other PS4bros having trouble getting connected to servers? I have a 100% planet I cant upload.

lol game is dead.. at least some turbo-autists will disappear for a few months.

There is no reason to explore caves, they said.

poetic as fuck desu I don't regret it that much anymore though

Finally maxed out my exo suit and multitool. My ship has 24 slots so my new thing is going to be hunting down crashed ships.

>Beacons lead to an 'advanced life form',
Can you fuck it?

>find a transmisison tower
>nobody inside
>multi-tool blueprint station
>hold E
>game crashes
nice game Sean

like 10 hours in and using the starter fucking multitool

pls help

it doesn't get better friend. i'm at like 20 with the starter

No, it's the same as all the other aliens on the planet.

I'm only 4 hours in and have already gone through 2, just visit aliens from beacons they will sell ltierally anything better than starter

you just got a lucky seed. i've been to tons of aliens and shelters

1.Find one of the red glowy beam-things. They're fucking everywhere.
2.Make an override by pressing the 'use' key on an inventory slot.
3.Repeat step 2 a couple times
4.Use the overrides on the beam-thing, searching for transmissions.
5.When it finds a Beacon, go to the beacon & save.
5.5: Optional: reload the game to get rid of excess map icons
6: Use the beacon, and go to the map marker it spawns.

You then can buy a new, often-times-better multi-tool.

Or, you know, stop being an idiot in alien/monolith/ship-crash interactions. I've gotten multiple tools from those as well.

>Yes the game isn't what it should be. We don't care. We're having fun.
Holy shit that sunk cost fallacy coming into full effect

thanks senpai

> Random local star
> Check the station for prices
> Aluminum, Emeril and Plutonium at insanely awesome prices
> Check out local planet
> Aluminum, Emeril and Plutonium everywhere
> Awww yeah.

Any one have experience with flying a trader ship? Really want a Vy'Keen style trader, but if it's as slow as they say it is, might pass.

This better be bait friend, otherwise you're embarrassing yourself.

NEW PATCH WHEN

NEW PATCH WHEN

never

buyer's remorse and sunk cost fallacy are different things

also I paid $0.00 and I'm enjoying the game :^)

If you have all the upgraded warp drives, is it worth going through black holes?

I feel like I can just warp jump farther.

So is it confirmed that placement of upgrades matters? Like I want my mining upgrades to touch the mining beam? I wanna make sure before I break all these upgrades down and rebuild them.

yes

>Yes the game isn't what it should be. We don't care. We're having fun.
Being in denial and hiding behind you hype, failing to realize you were cheated into buying a game worth 20$ for 60$

Wake up people, take a look back at the E3 trailer and look at the shitty PC ports.

Yes. This was clearly explained in the comprehensive tutorial included in No Man's Sky™.

didn't even know this...

great my ship is useless since all the components with upgrades are boxed in

I'm having fun and I rented it for a few bucks.
You should have known better than to buy a fame sight unseen, friends.

I would pirate the game, but seeing how shitty it runs on PC might as well not.

>it's another "butthurt buyfags who paid $60 for a $10 toy come to a pirate thread and tell the pirates they were dumb for buying it" episode

They can be randomly generated yes, but there's not that many parts compaired to animals.

Asked this before but thread was pruned.

I arrived at the star birthing place with 9 orbs, so I couldn't complete that mission. Since then i've moved on. I'm not able to find that Atlas thing anymore. I have 10 orbs now, how do I find that Atlas again?

The Space Anomaly doesn't give me the option to find another one, I can only select Find a black hole or Get supplies.

Speak English there buddy?

Makes perfect sense to me.
A bunch of salty faggots who wasted 60 bucks are mad they're dumb, so they come to the thread for the game, which everybody else pirated or rented, and shit it up with their chapped butthole whining.

If that station doesn't have blue in it, it will crash the game.

I am speaking English. Do I need to amend that to "retarded buyfags"?

Runs pretty good on my pc senpai

I only have a 970

That's not the issue. I've had a couple that appeared empty and gave me techs, and all the ones that have crashed me (there's been three or four) had holograms in them. Not him btw, just chiming in on the nature of the bug.

>only
Until a few months ago that was the bleeding edge

Literally nothing of this has happened yet, you are the only butthurt here.

>60 dollars
>wasting

who gives a shit about 60 bucks, what are you 10?

>970
>bleeding edge
Not even close.

See
I didn't pay for it. I'm not upset.

Interesting, anytime I see a blank thing I just leave it alone. No filled tech thing has crashed my game.

>see a ship almost cuter than mine except it has a worse cockpit and paintjob
Dodged a bullet there.

God damn how lazy is this question mark and npc system, it's the worst shit in the world. Also great idea by them to make every single thing take a long fucking time to happen, conversations, saving outposts, entering stations, talking to pilots, gives you that ilusion of time spent

>Until a few months ago that was the bleeding edge
I get 60 on my 960 and I'm actually limiting it to 60 atm, could probably get more.

Railshot adapater yay or nay?

I haven't even bought the game fags

Yeah, the 20 second delays before anything happens really suck especially on extreme sentinel planets where you literally can't get through the stupid cutscenes without a drone coming and taking potshots at you while you have no control.

Looks like a dildo

Bump

the cutscenes aren't that bad when there's nothing much happening
but holy fuck the achievements just stop the entire game for half a minute.

Honestly the letterbox thing that prevents all user input needs to go, and journey achievement can just be something lining the bottom.

Let's share our favorite and least favorite parts about this game
Favorite
>Pretty comfy planet generation, feel like im exploring space
Least favorite
>Too grindy, not enough inventory slots for the number and variety of materials and items

fuck those """""cutscenes"""""

I can't complain about the NPCs and Journey milestone scenes

Milestone scenes are a bit annoying, but I love the NPCs in this game.

I was really impressed with the observatories, and the riddles you have to solve, until I got to my 3rd one and realised that was the extent of the interaction.

But I like the NPC, picking apart the dialog, and deciphering what they want you to do.

... Have you read the thread?
So you're just a shitposter, then?
Put on a trip like the faggot you are so I can filter you.

What CPU do you have? It seems like my game limits my FPS to below 60. It did the same for 30 FPS too. Consistently at 20 - 25 and then when I changed it to 60 max it hovers at 50 - 60

Pros:
>neat ship aesthetics
>they did a decent job of making mining satisfying
>underwater and caves are really pretty
>when you find neat planets they're really neat
>fun if sort of limited gun customisation
>little comfy shit like the sound of rain hitting the metal roof of your ship

cons:
>constant minutelong interruptions you can't cancel when you literally get an achievement for walking a few feet, this will happen 90 times assuming you get them all
>the vast majority of planets are not only boring but really ugly because unless they have dense grass you can see the disgusting stretched tiled textures everywhere
>most creatures look really stupid
>no player agency beyond mining
>no ship customisation especially, just buy and replace
>nothing to really do that isn't fighting or mining and only five enemy types to fight including animals
>runs like shit (60 sometimes, other times constant drops to like 1 as it loads things in) and super buggy
>gross pissfilter (fixed by mods)

set the max fps to MAX, it's fucked

Does anyone know if the sounds are truly made on the fly?
youtube.com/watch?v=zc8uTSSB21Q

I ask because once again they talked about a special system to make animals and well, I've heard a lot of animals already before.
newyorker.com/tech/elements/what-a-dragons-mating-scream-sounds-like

Why does the games looks the same at 640x480 and 1920x1080 (more like 1080p is the same thing as 480p except for non stretched menus)?

Am I doing something wrong?
Any good alternative for the shitty AA? Is it possible to increase render resolution?

A friend recently received this game as a gift and I'm waffling about whether or not I want it, mostly on the "not" side out of muh pricetag.

Is there, or is there not, actual multiplayer? All I've been able to get so far is WOW SO MANY PLAYERS

Oh, question 2:

Are the ships also procedurally generated? Is space combat not shit?

what do??

i need a FUCKING MULTITOOL ALREADY

Once they hoard enough money so they can actually start on multiplayer development.
(guessing 6 months to a year)

There is NOT actual multiplayer. The only multiplayer element of any kind is a server you can upload names you give to creatures and places you find to so on the offchance another player ever sees it they can see you named an outpost buttlord on the planet deeznuts. Imagine spore except you can't actually make, build or seriously change anything, and it's in first person. That's no man's sky.

On the other hand it's on GOG which means there's a DRM version you can pirate risk-free and it's only 2.5GB, so if you want a calm game to play while you listen to a podcast or do loser drugs like marijuana or acid it's probably worth a trip on the seven seas.

EAR

Ever read HGttG? Then you should know. It's the ear.