MK7 GTI or 2016 WRX?

MK7 GTI or 2016 WRX?

Both of these are a similar price in Canada.

Both terrible cars

WRX if you want a car that's actually somewhat good, GTI if you've given up on life and vape enough to choke out even Subaru owners

Ive driven both but i would go for the WRX since i heard the AWD handling was better on it. The haldling on a GTI is still god tier on tarmac and dry conditions though.

>WRX
>good

GTI, the WRX is just too fat.

The GTI is a German made piece of shit WRX is the best "spirit of rally racing"

You are comparing apples ans cinderblocks

Id get the subi

Just because of the maintenance costs

GTI with the performance pack, the LSD transforms the car. If you plan to re-flash it then a LSD is near mandatory due to the torque they put down.

well memed

A 3-door 2016 Performance Pack GTI is $7000 more than a 2016 WRX in Canada. Might as well just get the R if you're going to pay that much.

Can't hold a candle to your miata, eh senpai?

>It's an autist obsessed with shitposting about Miatas episode

GTI's don't come stock with an lsd? Kek wat tha fuck even the civic si comes with an lsd and it has shit torque

Miatas don't come stock with an lsd? Kek wat tha fuck even the civic si comes with an lsd and it has shit torque

Neither. Something with a v8.

I just picked up a 2016 WRX. It's nice, but the stock tune is shit. If you can get used to rev hang, go with the WRX.

l...look guys I am a maaan I got a V8 I don't know shit about cars but I have a V8 like the meme says.

Here in 'Murica a 3 door GTI with PP/ starts at $27 k freedom bux, and the WRX starts at $26.5k freedombux.

While the GTI is 500 more and lacks AWD it makes up for it in lower insurance rates, build quality, and utility. It's the better car unless AWD is important to you.

FPBP

Mustang GT

If you don't know shit about cars why are you looking at a gti or wrx? Shut up and buy a civic for 5k.

The one that's not FWD

Why do you vape? If you do it because it's part of some moronic identity, WRX. If you just like things in your mouth, GTI.

I'd say as a poutine gobbler get the WRX.

AWD is what sells me on the Chinkaru over the Nazi mobile.

Here in Canadastan a base WRX is $29,999 CAD and a base 3-door GTI is $28,595.

The cheapest GTI with the performance pack is $37,195.

Don't know anything about Canadian pricing, but I would pick the GTI. Subaru is too stiff for stock, interior is too cheap, mileage is meh. GTI is built better, has very good drive and performance, also I personally think it looks better. Subaru has taken a back seat for years since it has had no competition in performance based 4-wheel drive in that price range besides the Mitsu Evo of course. VW has consistently tried to top itself in terms of style, performance, comfort and function. WRX motor is easier to tune than the STI, whose motor is way outdated. Overall, it just depends on what kind of driving your doing, but I vote GTI for overall package. Then again, I drive team SAAB. FF tuning with +350bhp ;)

>Reply

WRX. Seriously.

I just bought a brand new S3, and it's frankly a boring car. It's really fast, but not in that raw, exciting way that Japanese cars are.

The GTI and the S3 are basically the same car, except mine is fancier.

Honestly, if you are open to choice #3: I would get an SS or 2SS Camaro. RWD is just so much more fun than AWD.

I'll never buy an AWD car again. It was a HUGE fucking mistake.

I don't really want a RWD year-round daily driver. 4 doors is also a must.

Currently drive a Porsche 944S most of the time.

Okay as a DD the S3/Golf R is the shit. But I like to drive like some asshole fuccboi in a BMW M3, hence preferring RWD.

If you really want AWD either choice is going to be great. The WRX has come a long long way, BUT the WRX STI feels incredibly dated all the way around.

The interior, and finish quality of the new WRX is far better than the STI, and the Golf is better than all of them.

>VW build quality
Well memed.

Ya, the only thing making me consider the GTI is the interior.

The WRX is a fantastic AWD car for $30,000 CAD. I'd love to buy a Golf R, but I'm not really willing to spend $40,000 CAD + tax and shipping right now. Test drove an STI and it was "cool," but if I were going to spend that much then I'd rather get the R and have a super refined ride + performance. I wouldn't use half of the STI's features anyway since I don't go to the track.

There is really very little separating the GTI and WRX. Go with your gut. If you plan on keeping it long term you might consider the WRX.

The retards at VW dealerships will literally mark up the Golf R to nearly $50k and tell you its because they're 'rare', even though each dealer has 3-6 of them on their lot. It's a huge waste of fucking time trying to even buy one of those.

For the same money you could get the S3 from Audi.

FYI: There is a mid-cycle update that does literally nothing to the S3 coming out in a few months...The 2016 models are being GIVEN away by Audi right now.

Oh and on some VW/Audi engines a chip and tune which runs $600 can increase the horsepower by 55. That might factor into your decision.

I have an STi and my dad drives a Golf R, so one step above what you're looking at. But I also owned a 2011 GTI that was fully loaded.

The GTI will feel more refined and mature because of its nicer interior and sleeper exterior. VAG is still dogshit though, but it's DSG automatic is actually quite good.

The WRX will be a lot more fun and engaging with a manual. The car is much more of an immature boyracer car. It's also got AWD and 50+ more HP than a GTI. The newer ones have the FA20 motor which is leagues better than the dinosaur EJ it used to have.

Get the WRX.