?What does Veeky Forums think of the Honda Fit?

?What does Veeky Forums think of the Honda Fit?

I trying to find a new car. I'm looking for something economical, but it has to be big enough to occasional take my two kids (wife has a Hyunday wagon for such purposes) and my rucksack/duffel bags. I checked out a Fit recently and was impressed. I couldn't do all of it at once, but in on configuration or another I could haul the kiddos and gear when needed. I can afford to buy new, but I'd like to try and keep this to $10,000

Anyone had one? Pros/Cons? Reasonable alternatives?

Just don't expect a fast car

The best thing about the Fit is the magic seats. If you don't think you'd use that feature often, than there are better alternatives like the Chevy Sonic (must be the 1.4L Turbo) or the Ford Fiesta.

It's a prius with a Honda sticker.

If you don't value your manhood, go ahead.

That's what made me like it. With the seats up I could put the dismounts back there. Drop the seats for gear. But I supposed just about any vehicle in this category could do that. I would probably rarely/never use the long or tall seating configuration.

Nah, I'm setting aside funds to build a Westfield for that.

>Needing an object to define your manhood

It must be awful living such a life.

I think I actually prefer how the Sonic looks. I'll go check it out. Thanks for the pro-tip.

Again. 1.4L Turbo. Don't touch the 1.8L cars with a 10 foot pole.

Shut up and buy a civic for

Pretty much get a Fiesta, the i3 1.0L 5-speed ideally.

Fit is 1.5 liter Dohc please go away.

Op get the fit I drive them everyday and are easy to work on. (Honda mechanic) here. They have plenty of storage and the cvt gets 42 plus miles per gallon. Yesterday this ham planet wife and her ham planet husband came in for a tire pressure check. They had a baby in the back seat and there 2016fit had fit them perfectly.

Honda Insight is their Prius and it's discontinued.

Hey dumbass. Follow the thread. He was saying to avoid the 1.8L Chevy Sonics and only get the 1.4L Turbo Sonic.

Fit sucks compared to the competition.

>muh cvt
and how many do you replace?
>inb4 none
just wait. They'll come. It's the most unreliable transmission design there is.

fit is a nice car,
check out the focus too

i'd suggest the fiesta, but its such a small car for a family

It's just overwhelmingly vast inside. And it's a Honda. I love it.

There's always one...

I've often heard that Hondas are easy to fix. I would get the Six speed because it's a bit cheaper and I just like driving a manual.

The vast majority of the time my wife's vehicle is the family hauler. It would be most by exception that I had to take the kids in mine. I am a little concerned about that but I think it'll be ok.

There's always one because it's the right thing to do.

>With the seats up I could put the dismounts back there
>dismounts
kek, thought I was on /k/ for a sec
Anyway OP, I have the 2015 Jazz with the 1.5 engine. Despite not using the magic seats much, it really is fucking roomy on account of having the fuel tank under the driver.

It doesn't seem to reward hectic driving (as much as I can get out of my limited skill and the CVT) on account of body roll, so there is that.

You can go the performance car/tuner route and do really well in a fit to be honest. I've always liked how fits look too.

I normally hail for but they don't give the best vehicle advice....

I'm gonna find one to test drive. I certainly wouldn't mind something with a little pep, but honestly I need a commuter so it's not necessary.

I do like the looks but I wouldn't put money into performance mods on a car like this. Seems a little silly to me.

>I'm gonna find one to test drive
The Honda Jazz is just a different name for the Honda Fit in some countries. It's the exact same car with a different badge.

Fit's the best car in the segment. Most interior space, best driving feels, isn't shitty like Fords despite what user will have you believe. Good technology in the base package. About as reliable or better than everything else out on the market. Good cars. Only the Accord and the Fit are worth buying from Honda these days. Maybe the Odyssey if you want the king of minivans.

I see a ton of them in the parking lot of the LiberalTier organization I work for. Usually they are
>never washed
>interiors always completely trashed
>maintenance probably performed to minimum standards, if at all
They seem to be like the Prius; not the fastest things in the World, but are capable of taking a thorough normie beating

The Fit is king of interior space and that's about it.
The Fiesta and Sonic are both more fun to drive and faster. Both have great build quality considering the Sonic is built in Michigan and the Fiesta is built in Mexico.