/fog/ - Fallout General

Nuka World trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=9VSh8tBhJaU

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iIkzFmtFVjs
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9846/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How many settlements do you think nuka world itself will have?

This all until I find a funeral happening just over the hill. It felt heavy, a bit touching as well.

>BLUE, YOU WOULDN'T LEAVE ME FOR RAIDERS RIGHT

>tfw you never talk to piper, cait, or curie in any of your playthroughs
>tfw you finally get all three as companions for nuka-world
>tfw you sell them into slavery

Just one of those days I guess

Kerberos Panzer Korps Protect Gear when

What so do i just wait for the new f4se update before i get to play again?

Wot?

What about you guys? Any of you have any stories or good shots from today?

that or don't use the script extender.

Welcome to modding before the game is done being supported. Why the fuck we keep getting people who are so fucking baffled by this happening is beyond me.

I more meant that in some hypothetical scenario where Black Isle had kept the rights and put out Van Buren, at least that's what it sounded like the Q&A was going on a bit with.

Did Black Isle also forbid prequels and side-quels?

Then you have the encounter a genuinely challenging opponent and not one that's made for proscenium theatre backdrop.

like this.

once fallout looked like it was becoming a full franchise, they probably started to fell the "star wars setting" pressure and thus decided everything must remain recongizably the same.

War never changes, and neither do half-rate writers.

Put on my best Saitama face and go: 'okay'.

>SS basically uses charisma int build to convince three factions to work together (telling the BoS the Railroad are just Minutemen Irregulars)
>They all make preparations to take down the Institute while SS infiltrates
>Find out Father is dying and plans to make him leader
>SS explains this
>BoS and Railroad allow themselves to 'lose' a few fights (maybe with the Railroad asking the SS to sabotage the SRB's reprogramming systems)
>SS then waits for son to die (also so son doesn't remember their parent poorly)
>SS takes over the Institute...
>And opens the floodgates
>The Institute's best tech is stripped, the SRB and Synth systems are shutdown
>Scientists are given a chance to cooperate and redeem or get fucked
>Institute (the building, not the people, though some of the people are) is literally BTFO'd
>But basically the people all survive and worked into an uneasy peace while the SS continues to rebuild the Commonwealth in increasingly elaborate ways.

>[Sarcastic]
>Well, you already have the same diet and intelligence as them. I thought I was just dropping you off at home!

Anyone else hope Nuka-World will let us build our own rollercoasters and other rides in our settlements?

Each quarter
Kiddie
Galactic
High Noon
Safari

I keep finding the dumbest weapons.

hopefully the entire thing is one massive settlement divided into smaller borough settlements

I dont think it'll happen for a second though

mods maybe

>BoS don't hate non-humans
Not saying that there's anything wrong with that.

Do you have a ghoul slayer's gamma gun?

Come to think of it, how would a ghoul slayer's gamma gun with lorenzo's artifact be?

Brotherhood of Steel ending doesn't mesh with the other endings
by default the BoS oppose every faction other than the Minutemen; and their relation with the Minutemen is tenuous (YOU BETTER STAY DIRT FARMERS YOU FUCKING PEASANTS; NO TECH ALLOWED)

I think a possible reason the BoS don't attack Hancock on sight is because he IS a political figure. Yes, they might have the firepower to take on Goodneighbor, but when they're already fighting the Institute, I can't see them wanting to make more enemies. As I recall, they even wait until after the Institute is dealt with before picking a fight with the Railroad.

>Majority of the dialogue is about him going feral
I guess

Perfect for healing ghoul followers.

I was the user from the last thread playing through fallout 4 for the first time as my first fallout game.

>So far I have continued running with the BoS
>Got into the institute, met my son
>what he was telling me that goes on doesn't actually sound that bad
>torn between BoS\Institute now

Is the institute actually evil? From my understanding it is the Railroad's fault that synths are replacing humans because they wipe their memories/upload new ones

Nah, I'd just sell her to raiders.

Or we could just come to the conclusion that Bethesda are too jewish to shell out for some more VA and script a speech check event.

Hate Newspapers

The institute is full of autists and sociopaths.

Evil? No. Just stupid.

I boom them on every run

actually, I had originally written a part where the BoS then tries to turn on the MM and RR only for the SS to point out the BoS are massively outnumbers (lies) that they've already been infiltrated by both Railroad and synths still loyal to him, and are also outgunned between their own power armored MM, Railroad Heavies, and Sentry Bots.

The BoS would be reluctantly told to either play nice with others or fuck off.

>The institute is full of autists and sociopaths.

So they are scientists.

>tfw can't take action screenshots because my " ` " key is only accessible if I hold down "FN"

I'd post a screenshot of mfw, but its impossible to get a good one when you can't take it in action events. I guess thats what I get for buying a 60% keyboard.

Just rebind the screenshot key to something else.

Awe, tru tu Caisar.

Given that Skyrim had made them a fuckton of money and they already spent major bank on VAs in Fo4 already, I don't think that Bethesda not wanting to shell out more is the problem, especially since they shelled out for the snarky comments in passing.

The BoS allows your companions because they're your responsibility and they trust you to be responsible for them because Danse vouched for you.

Anyone here knows what Modern Firearms ripped? and if it's worth to have the old version with the ripped weapons.

>low level synth chest piece look pretty cool
>one helmet looks neat
>everything else looks fucking retarded
Why is this allowed?

Cannibal King

Only just started the Concord quest, and I've already got 40 defence at both my settlements. Raking in the caps just from selling food.

Got the pimpest armour I've seen in Fallout 4 so far. Some ghoul looking mother fucker joined my settlement, and I jacked it from him.

Are you always so inclined to hand wave plot holes with slightly implied statements?

>Raking in the caps
whats the point

Not him, but I would agree its not a plot hole.

The BoS, along with most factions, trust you enough to let others walk around with you.

We already saw them do this in Fallout 3.

you a pathetic nigger

>helmet actually looks pretty good with that outfit
I bet it clips a lot doesn't it? I've never seen anything it works well with.

I wanna buy some pimp shit when I get the chance. I've heard that caps are pointlessly easy to get later on, but I'm still at the start.

I'm also gonna buy a metric fuckton of chems. I don't plan to ever be sober later on.

>F4SE 2.0
geez you were already way behind, 2.3 was the most recent up til now and 2.4 just came out, so go download it.

I don't think it clips. If it does, though, I don't care.

>It's a want to play as a raider but Nuka-World doesn't come out until the semester starts summer

why live

Then why not just have any of the important NPCs or just the fucking guard at the gate say this? "Usually we wouldn't allow this thing inside but we trust you. If anything goes wrong, it's your head." Would that be so difficult to implement?

Get Chemist and Scrounger then. Food is useful for food and adhesive.

Because why should they need to state the immediately obvious?

Do you need someone telling ou the sky is blue in-game because of light passing through the atmosphere to know it?

Are you a legitimate autist? Do you need somebody to spell everything out in precise detail?

They do.

I hope the Ghoul Magician's outfit is lootable.
I want to claim his crown and complete my "mad hatter"-style character.

A delusional raider lord/mad engineer/junkie who thinks Nuka World is is Wonderland and wants to share his vision to the rest of the Commonwealth.

When I saw the ghoul disappear, I thought of Sander Cohen.

>Do you need somebody to spell everything out in precise detail?
Only when it clashes with everything else we know about them.

I like that they brought back Daedroths for Nuka-World.

>Only when it clashes with everything else we know about them.
Except it doesn't

See Fallout 3, Danse, and Teagan

>fallout and TES actually are in the same universe
who's laughing now!

They hate non-humans, they would never allow them on the ship, but suddenly they do because they're with you. That needs an explanation. A fully fledged one. Coming from Ingram, Kells or Maxson.

>they would never allow them on the ship
Just like they would never allow them in the citadel?

>but suddenly they do because they're with you
And what are you? a highly respect knight/paladin/sentinel of the BoS

Wow, its almost like authority gives yo uthe ability to do things or something!

> That needs an explanation. A fully fledged one. Coming from Ingram, Kells or Maxson.
People like you make me sad, so utterly unable to understand anything unless you are hand held through every little bit.

>Wow, its almost like authority gives yo uthe ability to do things or something!
>implied
>implied
You really are fine with such glaring inconsistencies being nebulously explained with implications. You probably also think Dark Souls has a story because of the item descriptions and you're a big fan of head canon lore.

>muh "tell don't show"

lmao

No it's actually pretty retarded, even from the companions standpoint.

"What? You're taking me to the Prywen? The crown jewel of ghoul murderers and Mutant Crusaders? Yeah nah, I'll wait down here."

It's Rambo ENB with the letterboxing disabled:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9846/?

It's a subtle difference, but I really like it. I've got it paired with Enhanced Color Correction, Grasslands, Touch of Green and Regrowth Overhaul.

Note that Regrowth requires disabling UseCombinedObjects so it will tank your framerate in heavy areas like Lexington/Goodneighbor/etc.

You, and by extension your companions, are vouched for by Paladin Danse. which is why you can get on the bloody ship in the first place. Right after you join up, you are promoted to knight due to your skill and thus earn some measure of respect within the organization. That level of respect is the only thing the allows the non-human companions onto the ship, with the implicit condition that whatever they do is on you. If your companion were to start shit, it would be grounds for the BoS to end them or kick them off, and you would be punished for their misbehavior as well.

Bethesda did this in Whiterun with the redguard warriors who get kicked out when you return to the city One of their members got themselves into enough trouble to land a stint in jail and the rest of his friends are getting kicked out of the city because they were responsible for him.

Show don't tell is a cornerstone of storytelling for a fucking reason.
They trust you enough to go wandering around everywhere else in the fucking wasteland and Hancock is not the sort of person to be intimidated, as shown in the youtube vid linked above.

But they don't even show it. If they did they'd have the guards block Hancocks entry and then step aside when they notice that he's with you.

This is different from the dozens of radioactive monster and raider infested holes you drag them to how?

>Is the institute actually evil? From my understanding it is the Railroad's fault that synths are replacing humans because they wipe their memories/upload new ones

This has been discussed to death, kidnapping and killing surface people with FEV is not being good OR indifferent.
Giving Synths the choice of personality changes and shipping them OUT of the Commonwealth is not evil.

Producing cloned human slaves and looting the surface IS evil.

I can't see my SS suddenly becoming evil

This DLC would be fine for newer characters though I guess

Unless they were spacing out right up till when you entered the gate, they would have notice hancock being with you the second you both came into line of sight.

GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS

You're really trying your best to explain away lazy story telling and terrible writing by connecting dots across on whiteboards miles from each other.

It's different because it's the fucking brotherhood of steel main HQ.

Raider hard points and feral infested pits have nothing on hundreds of power-armor clad military veterans with a hard on for killing anything that's different.

Hancock in particular would probably smell something fishy about being lead into Brotherhood City by a Knight/Paladin/whatever.

Infact, joining the Brotherhood should bar you from fraternization with anyone non-human.

I'm having a hard time deciphering that translation, but it seems to be implying that it isn't happening and that it's fake. Maybe I'm just retarded though.

if it is happening, it's not by Obsidian.

If I save danse peacefully from the bos and then destroy the bos for the institute can I keep danse around without him being hostile or whatever?

makes me actually hope there is a 'good guy' path through it.

do you think it's possible they're actually trying to BLOCK OUT Bethesda from making it instead of planning to do anything with it?

It wouldn't be that hard to nab his clothes and rig them as a human outfit. But would be nice if it was in the game already.

Yes, like literally _every fucking time_ the game has updated with the SE out. Honestly, this: >Why the fuck we keep getting people who are so fucking baffled by this happening is beyond me

>Just like they would never allow them in the citadel?

Something something the people in charge back then died something something new BoS much like the old non-humanist BoS

it seems some other articles are implying that as well but oh boy I hope its true

>Infact, joining the Brotherhood should bar you from fraternization with anyone non-human.

It shouldn't stop you, but it should be brought up often.

There's little difference between BoS under Lyons and BoS under Maxson

He's just got a better name to the old guard due to his lineage

The hostile comments made by the random BoS soldiers to Hancock make it pretty fucking clear that he's considered your responsibility while on base. Everything else is basic logical deduction based on information given by people within the same organization.

>From my understanding it is the Railroad's fault that synths are replacing humans because they wipe their memories/upload new ones

The railroad only places synths where they won't be noticed. Doctor Amari notes that their artificial memories are vague, so as to avoid suspicion. Now, since they don't know they're synths, these synths seem like huge liars if they're ever discovered, and this contributes to the mythology of the Institute replacing humans.

The institute performs experiments on the surface world/settlers, and monitor their results by replacing humans with synths, as occurred in Warwick Homestead.

so yes, the institute is evil

Coincidence? Yes, he denied it having anything to do with Fallout but what was he supposed to say?

Given that the original Warrick patriarch was a real piece of shit and that the synth version seems to actually care, you've picked the wrong experiment to use as an example. Furthermore the Institute is going to fall under the control of the SS after the game ends in favor of the institute., so you'll have the loudest voice in the room on what is acceptable by Institute ethics and you will guide the Institute as someone who isn't just a maniac devoted to doing SCIENCE!

please respond

Why do you gullible retards fall for these fakes.

A man can dream

>can finally join raiders

TYBG

Obsidian have said in the past they like sticking to the west coast because their offices are there and they can easily drive out to places like LA, San Fran, and Vegas to do scouting, just like Bethesda sticks to the east coast so they can do easy scouting of places like D.C., Pittsburgh, Boston, wherever the fuck the Broken Banks are.

I doubt they would do a Fallout New Orleans game before doing LA and San Fran, maybe even Seattle.

>tfw you lead the institute and just punch anyone who doesn't agree with you in the fucking face with rebar

I almost did this my first playthrough, but decided I didn't want to have to kill my brotherhood bros

I don't think that's legal because ZeniMax owns the franchise since 2004
you would have to get permission from them to do something like this otherwise they'll just dispute it as trademark infringement or something

First of all the Institute plans on killing the rest of the family after the experiment is over. Secondly You are told that you are in charge of the institute after father dies. You have the final say

>the mythology of the Institute replacing humans.

Art vs. Synth Art show>

>151897076
>you'll have the loudest voice in the room on what is acceptable by Institute ethics and you will guide the Institute

Dream on,until they assassinate you.

wunderbar

>no Fallout: Texas
>a giant wall ten feet taller was built in 2066
>NASA DLC where you go meet ayy lmaos

>NASA DLC where you go meet ayy lmaos
You are aware that the NASA faculties in Texas are the mission control facilities, whereas all the launch facilities are in Florida right?

>If I save danse peacefully from the bos and then destroy the bos for the institute can I keep danse around without him being hostile or whatever?

No, he goes hostile when he sees you for killing his Brothers.

And your position at the end would allow you to axe the order to wipe out the family at the end of the experiment.
>Dream on,until they assassinate you.
Most of the board seems to respect you by the end of the MQ and if you've maxed X6's affinity, you've got what is likely the best Courser in the Institute as your personal bodyguard who is also personally loyal to you. On top of that you're a certified badass who kills deathclaws for their morning steak.