What's Veeky Forums's opinion on civics? Post yours if you have one

What's Veeky Forums's opinion on civics? Post yours if you have one

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/NEW-JDM-ITR-WHEELS-4X100-15-CHAMP-WHITE-INTEGRA-TYPE-R-HONDA-ACURA-4-RIMS-WHEEL-/252411509337
youtube.com/watch?v=QO12HPLaK-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=q7ZzqBPz4sY
youtube.com/watch?v=CGoOTr3Ioe0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Civics are more enthusiast than any post RWD corolla or tercel or paseo
. Eat my ass Toyota fags

Drove two Civics over the past 11 or so years
>94 LX sedan (MT)
>01 LX sedan (MT)

Other than bulletproof reliability and manual transmission, I fucking hated driving those boring cars. Finally upgraded to a Lexus back in April. Good riddance!

Accord>Civic

This. CB & CD Accord is god tier.
I miss my CB wagon honestly.

Tired of boring and you went to a Lexus?

Super reliable daily drivers that can be fun to drive if you get an SI. They are nothing more than that though

mine

Yes. Nice balance of performance and luxury. My Civics were garbage by comparison. Much happier now.

If you have an eg or an ek you can mod it become a king of your local track or touge

I like mine.

It's a car. It goes from A to B. It will start up without fail and can easily hit 200k miles. It won't excite you, but it will never let you down.

Pic related is not mine, but mine looks exactly like it as well as the thousands like it on the road today.

/thread
Dude nailed it

love mine

>civic
>boring
Sounds like a you problem
There's a reason civics are such amazing tuners

great car for beaners and wiggers

>hubcaps
>cvt?
Into the trash it goes.

Last real civic reporting in

I'd drive his car over yours 7 days out of the week though

They are both shitboxes

I like both, you're just a retarded brand whoring faggot

I agree. I'd just prefer to drive the less shitty one

its manual fag.
lmao at saying the EM2 was the last real civic.1.7 liter piece of trash. enjoy your glass automatic transmissions and sunken clutch pedals and timing belt fag.

>hubcaps
yeah its a base model.

>Mfw I shut up and bought a civic

So the fact that I drove Civics for 11 years doesn't mean anything at all? My opinion is just invalid because it offends your Honda fanboyism?

This was my experience after many years of ownership. Sorry that I don't share your joy of hooning 100-something horsepower economy cars.

love my civic

Ricers sure use them a lot.

It's the last real civic because it's the last subcompact civic. There's nothing wrong with timing belts if you're not a poorfag. Timing chains and/or guides would need to be replaced too because at 15 years old there's a high likelihood of the oil not being changed regularly.

Does anyone have a picture of that 2001 Honda civic concept?

Buy one and shut the fuck up.

>those wheels
Absolutely disgusting.

Disgusting wheels m8. Reassess your life.

outta my way, you faggot shits

Woaaahhhh.

After pic plox

That had to have come down hard

>Better than corollas

>Faster than corollas

>Sicker mawds than corollas

>Best entry level tuner

>There hasn't been something someones already done that you can't copy.

>Ultimate machine for mpgs and power

>Vtec

owner of a '91 civic DX hatchback here.

my other car literally has OVER 5 TIMES the horsepower but i still enjoy driving my little civic. its just so smooth and comfortable and fun to drive. my car has stock springs/shocks and an oem muffler so its not stiff or loud.
and since its an EF it looks small on the outside but has TONS of interior room. i'm 6'1 and i feel like its a Cadillac. i could sleep in here

>not to mention its the easiest car to work on (first thing i did was drop in an engine without any prior experience)
>and those 50mpg (60hp)

i have 13" white steel oem honda wheels but i want to put it on 15" 'teggy type R wheels.

>here it is in tofu-shop mode

Shit picture

>eggy type R wheels.

ebay.com/itm/NEW-JDM-ITR-WHEELS-4X100-15-CHAMP-WHITE-INTEGRA-TYPE-R-HONDA-ACURA-4-RIMS-WHEEL-/252411509337

would look so fucking good on the white hatch.

I can't believe you guys haven't seen these.

youtube.com/watch?v=QO12HPLaK-Y

youtube.com/watch?v=q7ZzqBPz4sY

youtube.com/watch?v=CGoOTr3Ioe0

>that subframe fatigue from jumps
>that suspension geometry from muh lift

poor little wagons.

you had a base model without vtec. makes it a lot more fun tb.h

this is what it actually looks like. although the wheels are white now.

> tons of people saying they're boring as shit

> have tons of fun blasting down the touge in my pos civic

They won't last forever at that level of abuse, obviously. Arguably there are worse ways to destroy them though.

>drive LX sedan

>hurr durr hondas are boring

its also like the least interesting civic you could own.

>have tons of fun blasting down the touge in my pos civic
>tfw having to keep up speed through the corners just to hit 60mph on a backroad

muh d15b yo

>tfw having to keep up speed through the corners just to hit 60mph on a backroad

that's what makes it so much fun m8

dont fucking slow down, ever

>accord
>gsguy

makes sense, all you drive are grandma mobiles

>in LS1 Trans Am
>0-60 in 4 something seconds
>0-120 faster than my civic merges on the highway
>back-roads are scary because wide wheels and short-long arm front suspension (Muh bumpsteer)

its soooo much faster and handles a thousand times better but the civic is still fun as shit. its the perfect little car for carving small country roads

the fbody is wider than a 1500 chevy pickup. its just not fit for the b roads

6th and earlier gen civics have SLA front suspension. i guess it's just shitty in f bodies?

> handles a thousand times better

wut

>115 HP to 127 HP
>a lot more fun
k.

94 lx makes 105 I think.

tb.h you have to actually try to drive it fast for it to be fun. it doesn't seem like you know how to do that, so you bought a lexus.

>hurr durr hondas are boring
>this much generalizing
I said my Civics were boring

Please tell me which Civic will give me more excitement than my Lexus.
>posts type-r meme

what kind of lexus do you have, and what kind of fun do you want?

nobody is saying civics are the best thing ever, but you should be able to derive some enjoyment from them on backroads and shit

Civics are the most average cars they are what people compare most cars to.
Anything faster then a civic is considered fast
Anything that handles better then a civic is considered a good handling car
Anything made more reliably is considered a reliable car

>94 lx makes 105 I think
No shit. Did you not read my original post where I said that I owned a 94 and 01? Seems a reasonable person would conclude that 115 was referencing the 01.

>you have to actually try to drive it fast for it to be fun. it doesn't seem like you know how to do that
Oh, believe me... I gave both a good flogging (especially the 94). Problem is they can only do so much and left me wanting more. The Lexus satisfies what I was looking for in a new car.

lol chill out.

didn't bother looking at the '01 specs because 7th gens are pretty much shit

> Oh, believe me... I gave both a good flogging (especially the 94). Problem is they can only do so much and left me wanting more. The Lexus satisfies what I was looking for in a new car.

what wheels/tires did you run on the 94?

I have an 03 civic LX 5 speed, the Canadian one with no VTEC. It's terribly slow and really needs a decent rear swaybar but otherwise it's fine.

>lol chill out
What do you mean chill out? You tried to correct me on some nonsense.

>what wheels/tires did you run on the 94?
Stock. Dumping money into an economy car is a horrible investment.

> Stock. Dumping money into an economy car is a horrible investment.

Decent tires that don't cost much more at all make them a hell of a lot more impressive.

>what kind of lexus do you have
Not specified because anything other than a fucking LFA or F-Sport will get the thumbs down from this thread.

>what kind of fun do you want?
Power and respectable handling.

>should be able to derive some enjoyment from them on backroads and shit
How? It's slow as shit and isn't particularly confidence-inspiring when throwing it into corners. What is the redeeming quality?

Grab a rear bar off a ep3 or rsx and the mounting hardware it makes a huge difference

Maybe. Doesn't matter. I'd rather take that money and put it towards a better car. (which i did)

very agile, decent stock suspension (6th gen and earlier), peaky powerband, manual shifter. slap on some good tires and it's surprisingly fun for a piece of shit. You can keep up with a surprising number of pretty fast cars on really twisty backroads if you have the skill.

stock tires are ass, especially on a lx. you'd need at least 15" wheels to find anything decent, which can be prohibitive.

superior aesthetics coming through

It's an IS300 isn't it. Not that there's anything wrong with that, though.

Cool. I imagine we have different priorities in cars when you got a lexus and I'm looking at MR2s.

The guy who owned that car is a teacher at the high school I went to. I saw the car at school all the time lol

So essentially you need to modify the car to make it even remotely interesting. I just don't think that's a smart use of my money. To each their own though.

> So essentially you need to modify the car to make it even remotely interesting.

According to you. Still had plenty of fun powersliding around hairpins with shitty tires.

I like those, but no. Newer and much quicker.

Probably. I wanted a more upscale car with a big engine. Goal accomplished.

>shitty in fbody

the only real fault of SLA is bumpsteer. wider wheel offset made this even worse

> handles a thousand times better

you heard me correct. the F-body will run fucking circle around my honda. 17x9 wheels and sumer tires makes it a very capable cornering machine

>SLA front suspension in a civic

my EF civic does not use short-long arm. its a double-wishbone design but its not SLA

>excitement
>lexus

I think handling usually refers to agility, not cornering speed. A well set-up F body will easily take turns faster than any civic, but it's not nearly as agile.

I get the fun in abusing a cheap car, I just couldn't enjoy it from a performance standpoint.

With the 94 Civic, I would redline clutch-dump it all the time like an obnoxious asshole and play bumper cars with my friend's Ford Taurus. Good times.

Well... what's your definition of exciting?

this is why people responded to you

> I fucking hated driving those boring cars

sounds like it wasn't as true as you initially claimed. anyway, i'm out.

>but it's not nearly as agile.

my fbdoy turns in harder, corners faster, comes out faster, brakes harder. enters the corner later.

i've taken corners at 90mph in my fbody. my civic has never been over 80 mph

the only reason the civic is agile is because it does have good suspension, it is very responsive, and it is physically small. you never miss an apex (but you're never going that fast)

the fbody is like driving a street legal race car. its very exhausting to drive fast on a back road. you have to be on your toes

the civic i can just hold 60mph and kill corners casually. because its not a real car

>It won't excite you
My civic is fun to drive

adventure wagon is love

I have an Integra LS. It's basically a Civic. I like it well enough for just shitting around town. Easy to work on, parts everywhere. Barring a major accident, I should be able to keep it running forever.

>sounds like it wasn't as true as you initially claimed
Not really. You can have fun abusing literally any car. Civic is nothing special.

It is an economy car. Used to get people from point a to point b.... as a car enthusiast it would be dumb to treat it as some type of performance car. The reason hondas get a bad rep is people who don't understand this... ricers.

> slower but more agile
that was my point entirely

> hated driving
> I would redline clutch-dump it all the time like an obnoxious asshole and play bumper cars with my friend's Ford Taurus. Good times.

how are these compatible?

Too many faggots completely disregard the civic because they've only experienced the SOHC engines. Protip if a civic has a b16 or above it's an enthusiast car.

Enjoyment from abusing a car and appreciating that specific car on a performance level are two different things. The Civic was boring to drive. How is this so hard to understand?

>not driving a sohc d15b6 with 8 valves, 60hp 70 ft-lb

since when the fuck did having a d-series make you not an enthusiast

>BISI HERE

I understand that you mean you were disappointed in the performance.

On the other hand, it seems to me that if you had fun driving the car, it wasn't boring to drive.

Those wheels look like a fan clutch to any v8

Let me put it this way: I had fun abusing the car, as it would be fun abusing literally any car. The fact that it was a Civic had nothing to do with why it was fun.

In pretty much any ordinary driving situation, it's a very boring car.

I guess I'm just easy to please when it comes to cars

Not sure where you're at in life, but generally as you reach new levels of success, your standards raise. Not saying that to be a dick, it's just how things go. I suspect you'll develop different tastes as the years go by.

Wagon is life

I'm likely as old as you, and don't think I'll ever feel the need for a fancy car to impress other people with.

How much did you pay for it?

Pinstripe is gone now.

Ugliest car Honda has ever made